Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details (16371 Views)

Badaru: Northern Govs’ Position On Power Shift To South Subject To Buhari’s Nod / 2019 Oyo Guber Race: Minister Of Communication Gets Buhari’s Nod To Contest / IGP Idris Gets Buhari’s Nod To Arrest Saraki Over Murders In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ayindejimmy(m): 9:08am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Keep living there, you registered your name and they captured your image. Finger prints and image is almost same. Nigeria is going through a lot of security challenge, I think it is okay for the authorities to do what they can to curb crime and terrorists...I don't see why innocent, legit people are worried about this.
We are worried because even the security is pervasively corrupt.
Data is what moves the world now. Imagine that at the disposal of a corrupt system with no restriction or procedures.
Because of corruption BVN and NIN has done nothing to stop BH, Bandits and kidnappers.
UAE have to do it for us. The FG can't even use the data to solve crime. They only use it on opposing views
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by pacifust058(m): 9:10am On Feb 04, 2022
ayindejimmy:

I watch CBS Reality, Crime and Investigation, Investigation Discovery and Zone Reality. In fact, those are my favourites Channels. I even watch crime stories on Youtube.

Please, prove me wrong...

The Police only have records in of your past encounter with them
If you have a criminal record or traffic offence they'll record it in their data system.
If you've never committed any crime whatsoever, whether traffic or even domestic or have never even been a witness to any crime the police can't have your records except they access it from other agencies. And to access most of these takes a court warrant.
We are talking of police collecting data from other agencies public or private here.
Here
No Dey cap abeg
Every US citizens have their datas in the country’s archives right from birth and after you get your SSN.
The only thing they need a warrant for is to wiretap any of your convos like mails and calls etc..
But to get your datas as a city is very simple as long as you have a ssn and if you don’t want to have a social security number, it’s fine but you won’t have access to basic benefits of a US citizen...
When police stopped you, as long as you have a drivers license or ID card and it’s swipe through their machine, all your datas will be revealed and it will also be shown if you have a criminal record...
I no come know where you see the one wey you dey talk �
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Ykc2(m): 9:25am On Feb 04, 2022
pacifust058:

Abeg which western country you dey, even the US needs ssn to open a bank account..
Same as the UK though I don’t know what they call theirs..
Which western country you dey bros?
I dey austria in 5 munite you don open your bank account finish
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Ykc2(m): 9:29am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

Keep living there, you registered your name and they captured your image. Finger prints and image is almost same. Nigeria is going through a lot of security challenge, I think it is okay for the authorities to do what they can to curb crime and terrorists...I don't see why innocent, legit people are worried about this.
so how many times will they capture our images in nigeria?as am coming back again from Austria to nigeria with nigeria passport at our airport immigration still took capture our images again
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by omonla10(m): 9:32am On Feb 04, 2022
murmee:
As for No.1 in your post, you are forgetting that most of the criminal activities in Nigeria, especially Bokoharam, kidnapping and banditry are carried out by non-Nigerians from neighboring countries who are not on NIN database. So what are we talking about?
one step will not solve all problems.. It's just one step o.. I said slowly but surely
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 9:33am On Feb 04, 2022
Ykc2:
so how many times will they capture our images in nigeria?as am coming back again from Austria to nigeria with nigeria passport at our airport immigration still took capture our images again
In western world where you are, police mount checkpoints and do breath tests, right on the express way, it does not happen in Nigeria. We have peculiar, critical challenges and we must initiate drastic measures to solve our peculiar problems. This is Nigeria not America or UK. Like I said keep staying there, leave us to find solutions to our problems... unless you are an hater.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by KingdomlessKing: 9:36am On Feb 04, 2022
I like that, but the nin-linkage never cover all network subscribers nah!
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by seunayantokun(m): 9:37am On Feb 04, 2022
73 million
Then let's have figures state by state.
I am interested in comparing them with INEC's figures of voters from the north.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 9:41am On Feb 04, 2022
ayindejimmy:

We are worried because even the security is pervasively corrupt.
Data is what moves the world now. Imagine that at the disposal of a corrupt system with no restriction or procedures.
Because of corruption BVN and NIN has done nothing to stop BH, Bandits and kidnappers.
UAE have to do it for us. The FG can't even use the data to solve crime. They only use it on opposing views
I think this subject matter, is about using national data for security. This is normal worldwide...what then would they use if not data to know who is who, filter the bad guys from the good. In every nation, national security is paramount, we have seen how US struck at Iranian security boss, how US handle terrorist suspect in guatanamobay etc, sighting national security laws. Terrorism and banditry is a national security issue, Nigeria government must use drastic measures to ensure it curbs the movement of arms and ammunition movement around the country, as well as free movement of terrorists and bandits around the country. I expect every good minded and legit Nigeria to support, unless you are biased or have something to hide. Let us be objective.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 9:45am On Feb 04, 2022
Mynd44:

No security agency in any country needs a court order to link your phone number to your age, address, school vehicle particulars etc.

They do, read before talking.

https://blogs.law.nyu.edu/privacyresearchgroup/2016/04/maryland-court-says-use-of-imsi-catchers-violate-the-fourth-amendment/

Even checking vehicle particulars without a court order is illegal

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/policeman-checking-vehicle-particulars-illegal-duty-aig/amp/

You are so used to lawlessness and impunity you think this is how it's done all over the world.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by AntiBMC(m): 9:48am On Feb 04, 2022
SarkinYarki:
Shouldn't the national Assembly be involved in such decision that mass breaches the privacy of NIGERIANs ?

National assembly members or rubber stamp O’yes members?

The Nass is now a willing tool, so why bother passing through them when their actions are controlled?

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Ykc2(m): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

In western world where you are, police mount checkpoints and do breath tests, right on the express way, it does not happen in Nigeria. We have peculiar, critical challenges and we must initiate drastic measures to solve our peculiar problems. This is Nigeria not America or UK. Like I said keep staying there, leave us to find solutions to our problems... unless you are an hater.
I laugh in Papua new Guinea hak hak hak,so breath tests to control alcohol is now bad?no wonder dangote trucks drivers are killing Nigerians everyday under the influence of tramadol because no body to test their breath,make una continue,a wanted bandit pictures circulating on social media yet his is still roaming the street,bandits kidnapping 380 school children at once, una know wetin una dey do
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 10:10am On Feb 04, 2022
Ykc2:
I laugh in Papua new Guinea hak hak hak,so breath tests to control alcohol is now bad?no wonder dangote trucks drivers are killing Nigerians everyday under the influence of tramadol because no body to test their breath,make una continue,a wanted bandit pictures circulating on social media yet his is still roaming the street,bandits kidnapping 380 school children at once, una know wetin una dey do
How will it not be good since it's white man doing it, if it is your country you will see it as bad. Relax, and free yourself from bigotry and mental enslavement. Intelligence and contribution to your nation, and humanity is what counts. You come off as a shallow person, either that, or you are biased against this government.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by techWriter3: 10:12am On Feb 04, 2022
want me guessNSA, NIA, SSS, Immigration and EFCC
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Ykc2(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

How will it not be good since it's white man doing it, if it is your country you will see it as bad. Relax, and free yourself from bigotry and mental enslavement. Intelligence and contribution to your nation, and humanity is what counts. You come off as a shallow person, either that, or you are biased against this government.
any one supporting this government is either person high on tramadol and burukutu or the person is bandit
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by IgOga(m): 10:36am On Feb 04, 2022
Arizonaz:

Like as if your privacy hasn't been sold since a longtime ago. For every system that is created there is always a hack to it. Stop blabbing and solve your own world problem.
grin grin grin grin ...if that floats your boat
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Money started missing from our accounts mysteriously, i visit my bank the other day to block my account, the bank hall was filled with wailing customers wailing around of fraudulent withdrawal from their various accounts... it came to mind that buhari and his gang of criminal terrorist are in charge of our database... Sai Barbar, Sai Barbar ,Sai Barbar
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:48am On Feb 04, 2022
Arizonaz:
It's for those who are into crimes that needs to be afraid. For me I believe it legit. That's why I walk freely.
for ur tiny brain nah only walking roaming around aimlessly you sabi , have u asked urself why people's money in the bank start missing mysteriously this days unlike before they don't have access to our database
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ayindejimmy(m): 11:20am On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

I think this subject matter, is about using national data for security. This is normal worldwide...what then would they use if not data to know who is who, filter the bad guys from the good. In every nation, national security is paramount, we have seen how US struck at Iranian security boss, how US handle terrorist suspect in guatanamobay etc, sighting national security laws. Terrorism and banditry is a national security issue, Nigeria government must use drastic measures to ensure it curbs the movement of arms and ammunition movement around the country, as well as free movement of terrorists and bandits around the country. I expect every good minded and legit Nigeria to support, unless you are biased or have something to hide. Let us be objective.

Maybe it's cus we don't trust the police and govt.

We all know we don't have strong institutions. Politicians can just order the IGP to do whatever
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mediainc: 11:36am On Feb 04, 2022
ayindejimmy:

Maybe it's cus we don't trust the police and govt.

We all know we don't have strong institutions. Politicians can just order the IGP to do whatever
Government is a continuum, you must play your role too, it's a system and it's we all that are part of the system. Security architecture is basic in every nation, it's about the security institution of the country, not about politicians or who the President is... because Presidency change, institutions remain.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Mynd44: 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
Theunbothered:

They do, read before talking.

https://blogs.law.nyu.edu/privacyresearchgroup/2016/04/maryland-court-says-use-of-imsi-catchers-violate-the-fourth-amendment/

Even checking vehicle particulars without a court order is illegal

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/policeman-checking-vehicle-particulars-illegal-duty-aig/amp/

You are so used to lawlessness and impunity you think this is how it's done all over the world.
Obvioisly you didn't read the article you posted.

They used the devices to track people in real time.

What the issue is is this.

A commits a crime. They have his name and surname but they don't have an address so theu check the records and find his address and others registered so they can arrest him there. Not tracking or listening.

The police van run your name through records to see properties you have bought to see where you can be or a connection to a crime.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by digitrend: 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2022
You can easily go from beginner to expert in heavy machinery operation with the right resources and dedicated learning. Heavy-duty machines are used in a variety of fields such as Production, manufacturing, haulage, oil and gas, construction Industries, and warehouses.
People often negate the opportunities that come with learning a new trade or new skill, but you never know where you could find yourself tomorrow.

So allow the opportunity to meet you when you are prepared, take advantage, and acquire a lifetime skill today.

Register today to become a heavy machinery operator and qualify for lucrative job opportunities in Nigeria and the diaspora.

#skills #equilog #yourlife #investinit #registertoday #nextbatch #sept24th #travel #empowerment #heavyequipment #crane #operator #skillinvestment #skilledworkers #skilledmigration #equilog

Requirements*
*Proof of Basic education
*2-passport photographs.
* Valid means of Identification (Drivers license, voters card, or Intl passport)
*Training fee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPlJGBNefxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM6p9alyWPI

Visit any of our branches in Lagos close to you,
Royal Building Office (4th floor) KM 25 Lekki Epe Expressway Opposite Fidelity Bank Ajah.

Exponential Hub 1A, Akin Osiyemi street, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja Lagos.

Registration is currently ongoing for the next batch and closes Wednesday, February 10th, 2022.

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Theunbothered: 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mynd44:

A commits a crime. They have his name and surname but they don't have an address so theu check the records and find his address and others registered so they can arrest him there. Not tracking or listening.

The police van run your name through records to see properties you have bought to see where you can be or a connection to a crime.

The issue isn't that they were tracking the phone, the issue is that they were tracking phones without court order to do so, something you said isn't required.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mp3ree: 12:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Imagine some security agency to access our data base just like that

Access kill una there

Although this is how it is done in developed nations

But as for as Nigeria is concerned.....we nor trust our security agencies

With all the murderous Fulanis at the helm of our security organization... silent elimination of divergent views.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by mp3ree: 1:06pm On Feb 04, 2022
AmazingELixir:
sad

Shouldn't the issue of access to citizen's personal data be subject to legislation after a hearing as is done is reasonable countries.

Just imagine me expressing a view as if I've forgotten we have a stamped rubber legislative arm.

Targeting of opposition has just been revved up a notch with Nigerian security agencies there's always a sinister angle.

With election around the corner this is a way to spy and clamp down on oppositions
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Mynd44: 1:29pm On Feb 04, 2022
Theunbothered:

The issue isn't that they were tracking the phone, the issue is that they were tracking phones without court order to do so, something you said isn't required.
Where did I was so? Please point it out?

The article is about sharing your biodata not tracking your convos. Do you bother reading at all
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by Odewaleadesoye(m): 1:30pm On Feb 04, 2022
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by lexy2014: 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mynd44:

It isn't out of the ordinary. It is what obtains in your so-called enter climes

constant electricity, employment, good standard of living also obtains in "so-called enter climes".
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by lexy2014: 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2022
Mynd44:

what was the name of the adamawa senator that molested a pregnant woman at an intimacy store again? not sure the police needed all this in order to locate him or locate ganduje
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by lexy2014: 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

pls what is the correlation with what u said and the comment u responded to?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by lexy2014: 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2022
mediainc:

but the same govt told us that BVN will stop kidnappings, 419 and corruption. how far with that?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: Security Agencies Get Buhari’s Nod To Access Subscriber Details by ayindejimmy(m): 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
We don't have strong institutions.
The motives behind policies like this is usually for selfish reasons.
BVN has been on for years but it took UAE to catch BH sponsors.
And did our govt take up the case?
I'm not saying the policy isn't good, but when the wicked are in power even good policies won't seem effective. That's the situation we are in

mediainc:

Government is a continuum, you must play your role too, it's a system and it's we all that are part of the system. Security architecture is basic in every nation, it's about the security institution of the country, not about politicians or who the President is... because Presidency changes, institutions remain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Adamu, Governors ,Others Ahead Of APC Presidential Primary / Kano Govt Making Moves To Recall Hisbah Boss, Aminu Ibrahim Daurawa / Okorocha To Establish College In Bauchi To Help The Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.