Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks (28407 Views)

Girlfriend Cut Boyfriend Hair While He Slept Because Another Woman Complimented / Help, My Roommates Hate Me So Much Because Of My Looks. What Can I Do? / Everytime I Had Sex My Looks Changes For Like A Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
sukkot:
touche grin grin
Glad you realize it. undecided
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Christmasdon(m): 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Descottes:
I've missed you Sha. You were always on my mind smiley
I kept thinking about how close we'd have been if not for that hulabaloo that broke our blossoming friendship.
.Lovers day approach.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Olumaeme: 1:11pm On Feb 10, 2022
I think i look god too and its very annoying.

I am also very friendly and hardworking.

I got to my organization and got promoted in less than 2 years ahead of those i met there have been on the same level for 4 and more years.

They think i get this stuffs by my good looks, but does not know i take all my time to read, study the organization and come up with solutions that end up working for the organization. I have also spent a tone of money on the right certifications and all.

Even in the society, there are mixed feelings, some just hate you for looking good even though you didn't create yourself, while others also show love and compliment and expect you to respond in a certain way and they call you rude if you don't meet their expectations.

The only one solution is I DO NOT CARE! If you like and compliment me, i thank you and move on, if you say bad things to me, i smile and move on!

3 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by sukkot: 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2022
Descottes:
Who looks epp? As I handsome reach I'm still depressed.
People see me and assume I live a very happy and sweet life, when in truth, my world is dark and gloomy
there is a hole in your soul that is crying to be filled up. you need to reconnect to your higher self. thats the only time you will find peace joy and happiness irrespective of your location. CONNECT TO YOUR HIGHER SELF. SEEK FROM WITHIN AND RECONNECT TO THE god THAT IS IN YOU

1 Like

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by sukkot: 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Glad you realize it. undecided
undecided so you reckon seeing a shrink will help OP ? are there any good shrinks in nigeria ? or you reckon mummy GO can psychoanalyze him better ?
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Biafranodogwu55: 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2022
Pictures or i dont believe it undecided
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Oceanjagaban: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
Descottes:
People see me and assume I live a very happy and sweet life, when in truth, my world is dark and gloomy
I wish you happiness...stay safe
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by anambraamaka: 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
you no get problem bros
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Emir01: 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
You don't fine pass me, forget it.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by jaxxy(m): 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2022
henrybangs44:
I'm a natural confident guy because our mom taught us to be hard working and earn everything through the rice process. She never allowed us take advantage of situations or people and never look down on anybody.

We are naturally good looking in our family and people always talk about how we are all fine in the house. As a result, almost 70% of conversations we have with people will end up discussing what our parents are giving us that are making us fresh and fine.

But our mom did not like people talking to us that way. She did not teach us how to react to compliments and we are very uneasy whenever this topic comes up in our discussions. I don't even see my self that good looking as people are saying.

I work hard to earn everything the right way, and I'm highly productive but anytime a colleague or team mate talks about my appearance I just lose confidence. I have left a lot of groups and teams because of this. When people start talking to me about it I just don't feel comfortable.

I have a lot of girls and I know I worked hard to get them. But they keep telling me it's just my looks that's giving me their attention without stress but I don't believe that, I believe I work hard to get them.

This is beginning to affect my work. Some people don't believe I got to where I am because of hard work. I have worked so hard and I don't want to be throwing things away simply because of this.

For the fine boys and girls in the house, pls how do you handle compliments without appearing proud and egotistical? How do you handle it without being weird?

This is exactly the major reason I refused going into modeling. U become objectified or over dependent or narrowed down or attached to ur looks.

To me it’s disgusting.

Just take the compliments as any normal compliment and allow them to gush or express themselves bt always remind urself and them by ur interactions that u are more than just looks and it doesn’t mean anything.

Also tone down on ur detailing ur looks so u blend in better.

3 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by SoapQueen(f): 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
Legalcriminal:
Post your picture make we confirm before we know the solution to your confidence

I was going to say this. Post your photo, hunny!!!
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Greatdand007(m): 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2022
henrybangs44:
I'm a natural confident guy because our mom taught us to be hard working and earn everything through the rice process. She never allowed us take advantage of situations or people and never look down on anybody.

We are naturally good looking in our family and people always talk about how we are all fine in the house. As a result, almost 70% of conversations we have with people will end up discussing what our parents are giving us that are making us fresh and fine.

But our mom did not like people talking to us that way. She did not teach us how to react to compliments and we are very uneasy whenever this topic comes up in our discussions. I don't even see my self that good looking as people are saying.

I work hard to earn everything the right way, and I'm highly productive but anytime a colleague or team mate talks about my appearance I just lose confidence. I have left a lot of groups and teams because of this. When people start talking to me about it I just don't feel comfortable.

I have a lot of girls and I know I worked hard to get them. But they keep telling me it's just my looks that's giving me their attention without stress but I don't believe that, I believe I work hard to get them.

This is beginning to affect my work. Some people don't believe I got to where I am because of hard work. I have worked so hard and I don't want to be throwing things away simply because of this.

For the fine boys and girls in the house, pls how do you handle compliments without appearing proud and egotistical? How do you handle it without being weird?

Post your picture I want to confirm something

1 Like

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Jumbojax(m): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2022
Omo na really women dey raise children, the man na just image for the son to emulate and head for the daughters to rub lol
Omo just say thank you or if you get energy throw your own compliment back, make it outrageous so cruise would be caught well by both parties grin
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Kobojunkie: 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2022
sukkot:
undecided so you reckon seeing a shrink will help OP ? are there any good shrinks in nigeria ? or you reckon mummy GO can psychoanalyze him better ?
Mummy GO'S shrinks don finish with her and her own problems? undecided

Nothing wrong with seeing a shrink. Many of those you like to idolize probably have and see one regularly. If Op is serious about improving his quality of living, then that is what I suggest. Otherwise, it is levels hard working to improve one's self-esteem without some professional help. undecided
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by meobizy(f): 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2022
All this and OP likely resembles a baboon’s shriveled butt. Believe there are attractive Nairalanders at your peril.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Kobojunkie: 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2022
jaxxy:
This is exactly the major reason I refused going into modeling. U become objectified or over dependent or narrowed down or attached to ur looks.

To me it’s disgusting.

Just take the compliments as any normal compliment and allow them to gush or express themselves bt always remind urself and them by ur interactions that u are more than just looks and it doesn’t mean anything.

Also tone down on ur detailing ur looks so u blend in better.
What in the world are you talking about? There are so many talented good-looking individuals out there who are seen not just for their looks bit also also talents. undecided

Look out there at good-looking actors and actresses, models, musicians etc., who have over and over shown the world that beauty can also come accompanied with brains and brawns. undecided

Don't use your personal issues to shade the world abeg. undecided
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by sukkot: 1:23pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Mummy GO'S shrinks don finish with her and her own problems? undecided

Nothing wrong with seeing a shrink. Many of those you like to idolize probably have and see one regularly. If Op is serious about improving his quality of living, then that is what I suggest. Otherwise, it is levels hard working to improve one's self-esteem without some professional help. undecided
its a good question grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by peacettw: 1:24pm On Feb 10, 2022
We are all wired differently but completely extricating yourself from a stressor is definitely not the way to go. I also find it strange that you are indirectly blaming your mother which begs my next question. How old are you?

I am going to chalk up this whole situation of yours as being part of your emotional and neurodevelopmental growth towards maturity. It can happen to anyone. I can fondly remember mine been not wanting anyone to notice me so I shied away from any crowd like markets, churches etc. Now, let's just say I demand to be noticed all the time.

You will get past this. Chin up
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Vibesking(m): 1:24pm On Feb 10, 2022
Descottes:
so many things my dear. I'm a weirdo and a loner– I don't have much friends and I don't wish to.
I see life very differently from how other people see it, which makes me question whether I was supposed to be born here in this God forsaken shithole at all.
I hate everything about here. And I'll definitely leave to find a life somewhere else.. with you probably kiss

I was in this mental sphere some time back. You're not weird. You're just not like everybody else and that's okay. Let's talk.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Berankis: 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
Descottes:
May the good Lord brighten your world.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by jaxxy(m): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What in the world are you talking about? There are so many talented good-looking individuals out there who are seen not just for their looks bit also also talents. undecided

Don't use your personal issues to shade the world abeg. undecided

If u read what I wrote I said when u go into modeling the tendency is high especially if u are shallow minded, not that it happens to all fine people.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by EndRape2(f): 1:27pm On Feb 10, 2022
Post your picture.

Some people are called fine when they are wor wor

quote author=henrybangs44 post=109988028]I'm a natural confident guy because our mom taught us to be hard working and earn everything through the rice process. She never allowed us take advantage of situations or people and never look down on anybody.

For the fine boys and girls in the house, pls how do you handle compliments without appearing proud and egotistical? How do you handle it without being weird? [/quote]
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by EndRape2(f): 1:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
Go to Togo

Descottes:
so many things my dear. I'm a weirdo and a loner– I don't have much friends and I don't wish to.
I see life very differently from how other people see it, which makes me question whether I was supposed to be born here in this God forsaken shithole at all.
I hate everything about here. And I'll definitely leave to find a life somewhere else.. with you probably kiss
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2022
jaxxy:
If u read what I wrote I said when u go into modeling the tendency is high especially if u are shallow minded, not that it happens to all fine people.
Am I the only one that sees that Indeed a shallow minded individual is likely one who has no other talents in this case and would hence be somehow correctly "objectified" in that case? undecided
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by jaxxy(m): 1:36pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Am I the only one that sees that Indeed a shallow minded individual is likely one who has no other talents in this case and would hence be somehow correctly "objectified" in that case? undecided

Many shallow minded people don’t know they are shallow until they get into the right situation to expose it.

Some are shallow when it comes to money and some beauty basically until u are faced with the test b4 it becomes revealed how shallow u are.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Lilcraze(m): 1:37pm On Feb 10, 2022
I'm also in the OP's category... And I'm struggling to get a girl, they all think will cheat on them meanwhile I do not even have friends, and I so hate it when they say I'm a fine guy cos I don't believe it,I feel there more handsome guys than me out there...

A whole lot of things happens just because u're a fine person and it is sometimes hard on us, but no one ever understand because the whole world thinks we can get everything on a platter of gold
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2022
Lilcraze:
I'm also in the OP's category... And I'm struggling to get a girl, they all think will cheat on them meanwhile I do not even have friends, and I so hate it when they say I'm a fine guy cos I don't believe it,I feel there more handsome guys than me out there...

A whole lot of things happens just because u're a fine person and it is sometimes hard on us, but no one ever understand because the whole world thinks we can get everything on a platter of gold
from my experience, it isn't always true that we have no friends but instead that we do not have as friends those individuals whose friendship we crave. It isn't always true that we can't get the girl but instead that we do not have for ourself that particular girl we are fixated/obsessed with. undecided

Please ignore the gals and work instead on your self-esteem abeg! undecided

The reason you think the way you do is you have been conditioned to believing only a handful are beautiful. undecided
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Lilcraze(m): 1:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
from my experience, it isn't always true that we have no friends but instead that we do not have as friends those individuals whose friendship we crave. It isn't always true that we can't get the girl but instead that we do not have for ourself that particular girl we are fixated/obsessed with. undecided

Please ignore the gals and work instead on your self-esteem abeg! undecided

The reason you think the way you do is you have been conditioned to believing only a handful are beautiful. undecided

What I don't understand is why isn't our God given beauty not building our self-esteem... I know a whole lot of people who suffer this too
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Dukeolumidemans(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2022
henrybangs44:

We are 8 in the house. Fortunately we are all very fine to the core. The girls are very pretty and the guys are not just fine but clean to the sole of their feet. Unfortunately we were from a poor home and this drove us all into the street early to hussle. This drove that attitude ur passing through right now away from us. Now we are all grown and doing well.

Complements don't mean shiiit to any of us. The moment u start complimenting any one of us, we shift because we know ur trying to soften us, inorder to get into our head.
It's one thing to be born looking sweet and all that, but it's another thing to be street wise.

Summary of all, u fucccking need to grow up and learn to deal with shit when the come along. Keep ur hands clean always and pretend not to hear compliments when they come. Always stand ur ground when they come and be quick to change the conversation. It will pass a massage to such person that ur not interested in that conversation...period!!!

I come in peace.

3 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2022
Lilcraze:
What I don't understand is why isn't our God given beauty not building our self-esteem... I know a whole lot of people who suffer this too
Beauty and self-esteem are two different constructs. The one is dependent on perception and is only skin deep, whereas the other is mental and defines the self. undecided

Have you never met an ugly man with seriously high self esteem? Look at a person like obasanjo or many of your Nigerian politicians with confidence levels and egos shooting them all over your screens? undecided
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by fujirice: 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
Mine is that I don’t like being on the spotlight.
I will give you all the support you need in this life to succeed but put me in front to perform the same magic and I will fumble big time.

That’s why I don’t like people hovering over my shoulder when I do my work; be it supervision or assessment, I will mess things up. I’d rather you allow me do my things then assess me when I’m done.

I literally taught myself how to drive because I can’t stand someone monitoring me.

5 Likes

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Olam09(m): 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2022
henrybangs44:

undecided picture or idonbelivit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / Pre-wedding Photos Of The Youngest Bursar In Northern Nigeria / Nigerian Men Are Hardworking, Respectful And Don't Cheat' - Ghanaian Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.