Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,526 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks (28381 Views)

Girlfriend Cut Boyfriend Hair While He Slept Because Another Woman Complimented / Help, My Roommates Hate Me So Much Because Of My Looks. What Can I Do? / Everytime I Had Sex My Looks Changes For Like A Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Speaklove: 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2022
Descottes:
so many things my dear. I'm a weirdo and a loner– I don't have much friends and I don't wish to.
I see life very differently from how other people see it, which makes me question whether I was supposed to be born here in this God forsaken shithole at all.
I hate everything about here. And I'll definitely leave to find a life somewhere else.. with you probably kiss

Your situation or complain would.sound funny and comic in another man's ear my dear .
When the night comes don't say there is no light but look at the moon ,and when there is no moon then look at the stars ,and when there are no stars then look at the word of god .
As it is written

John 1:1-5
[1]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2]He was in the beginning with God.
[3]All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
[4]In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
[5]And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John’s Witness:
Proverbs 20:
[27]The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord, Searching all the inner depths of his heart.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by intruder15(m): 7:33pm On Feb 10, 2022
henrybangs44:
I'm a natural confident guy because our mom taught us to be hard working and earn everything through the rice process. She never allowed us take advantage of situations or people and never look down on anybody.

We are naturally good looking in our family and people always talk about how we are all fine in the house. As a result, almost 70% of conversations we have with people will end up discussing what our parents are giving us that are making us fresh and fine.

But our mom did not like people talking to us that way. She did not teach us how to react to compliments and we are very uneasy whenever this topic comes up in our discussions. I don't even see my self that good looking as people are saying.

I work hard to earn everything the right way, and I'm highly productive but anytime a colleague or team mate talks about my appearance I just lose confidence. I have left a lot of groups and teams because of this. When people start talking to me about it I just don't feel comfortable.

I have a lot of girls and I know I worked hard to get them. But they keep telling me it's just my looks that's giving me their attention without stress but I don't believe that, I believe I work hard to get them.

This is beginning to affect my work. Some people don't believe I got to where I am because of hard work. I have worked so hard and I don't want to be throwing things away simply because of this.

For the fine boys and girls in the house, pls how do you handle compliments without appearing proud and egotistical? How do you handle it without being weird?

Why do you do what you do? Why do you work so hard? Is it based on people's opinion? Is it for people's feedback?

If no which I am certain it's no, why is their opinion and feedback making you lose focus?

In life, you are not in control of how people see or think about you. You can only control how you choose to react.

It's up to you to remind yourself why you work so hard

1 Like

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Akpan107(m): 7:42pm On Feb 10, 2022
Legalcriminal:
Post your picture make we confirm before we know the solution to your confidence
Hahahahaha.....
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by DroppingLiquid: 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2022
Embrace your look. If you want to be ugly, I can show you how too, and it's not painful or violent.

henrybangs44:
I'm a natural confident guy because our mom taught us to be hard working and earn everything through the rice process. She never allowed us take advantage of situations or people and never look down on anybody.

We are naturally good looking in our family and people always talk about how we are all fine in the house. As a result, almost 70% of conversations we have with people will end up discussing what our parents are giving us that are making us fresh and fine.

But our mom did not like people talking to us that way. She did not teach us how to react to compliments and we are very uneasy whenever this topic comes up in our discussions. I don't even see my self that good looking as people are saying.

I work hard to earn everything the right way, and I'm highly productive but anytime a colleague or team mate talks about my appearance I just lose confidence. I have left a lot of groups and teams because of this. When people start talking to me about it I just don't feel comfortable.

I have a lot of girls and I know I worked hard to get them. But they keep telling me it's just my looks that's giving me their attention without stress but I don't believe that, I believe I work hard to get them.

This is beginning to affect my work. Some people don't believe I got to where I am because of hard work. I have worked so hard and I don't want to be throwing things away simply because of this.

For the fine boys and girls in the house, pls how do you handle compliments without appearing proud and egotistical? How do you handle it without being weird?

1 Like

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by cassyrooy(m): 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2022
Descottes:
Who looks epp? As I handsome reach I'm still depressed.
People see me and assume I live a very happy and sweet life, when in truth, my world is dark and gloomy
We fit talk?
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Alldew: 9:00pm On Feb 10, 2022
All this people saying they are handsome, they are beautiful why not upload your pix let us see. As in let's just see you people and give our opinions, or is our eyes not suppose to see some handsome guys and beautiful ladies. Just my suggestion pls.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Princeton92(m): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2022
I like you and I like your brain (how you think up there)... Exquisite

Descottes:
so many things my dear. I'm a weirdo and a loner– I don't have much friends and I don't wish to.
I see life very differently from how other people see it, which makes me question whether I was supposed to be born here in this God forsaken shithole at all.
I hate everything about here. And I'll definitely leave to find a life somewhere else.. with you probably kiss
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by anonymuz(m): 1:27am On Feb 11, 2022
Descottes:
Who looks epp? As I handsome reach I'm still depressed.
People see me and assume I live a very happy and sweet life, when in truth, my world is dark and gloomy
I can relate to that. Name money be fine bobo
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by heniford2: 4:46am On Feb 11, 2022
NwachuGod how may i help you i don't reply mail
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 11, 2022
[quote author=DroppingLiquid post=110123786]Embrace your look. If you want to be ugly, I can show you how too, and it's not painful or violent.

[/quite]
cheesy no thanx. I come dey fear
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2022
hahn:

The problem is not you. The problem is that humans beings, in reality, are not interested in hard work and all that stuff. They prefer an OBO story to an Ojuelegba story.

Those compliments should increase your confidence instead since you are in a position to get what you want with little effort.

What you are complaining about is what many people wish for. Appreciate it and use it wink
Thank you sir. Just that some people underrate my efforts. They always think I'm always having upper hand
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 11, 2022
Kay25:

wear mask
grin
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2022
Dukeolumidemans:

We are 8 in the house. Fortunately we are all very fine to the core. The girls are very pretty and the guys are not just fine but clean to the sole of their feet. Unfortunately we were from a poor home and this drove us all into the street early to hussle. This drove that attitude ur passing through right now away from us. Now we are all grown and doing well.

Complements don't mean shiiit to any of us. The moment u start complimenting any one of us, we shift because we know ur trying to soften us, inorder to get into our head.
It's one thing to be born looking sweet and all that, but it's another thing to be street wise.

Summary of all, u fucccking need to grow up and learn to deal with shit when the come along. Keep ur hands clean always and pretend not to hear compliments when they come. Always stand ur ground when they come and be quick to change the conversation. It will pass a massage to such person that ur not interested in that conversation...period!!!

I come in peace.
Finally someone that understands the situation. Thank you sir. I'll practice what u advised
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2022
EndRape2:
Post your picture.

Some people are called fine when they are wor wor

quote author=henrybangs44 post=109988028]I'm a natural confident guy because our mom taught us to be hard working and earn everything through the rice process. She never allowed us take advantage of situations or people and never look down on anybody.

Hahah that is a diff case.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2022
jaxxy:

This is exactly the major reason I refused going into modeling. U become objectified or over dependent or narrowed down or attached to ur looks.

To me it’s disgusting.

Just take the compliments as any normal compliment and allow them to gush or express themselves bt always remind urself and them by ur interactions that u are more than just looks and it doesn’t mean anything.

Also tone down on ur detailing ur looks so u blend in better.
Wowww;! Powerful!! Thank you bro.
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You claim you have strong confidence but your own words betray you. People who have strong confidence levels care very little about the opinions of others. You, however, seem to care an awful lot. I am afraid that you have need to work on your self esteem. undecided

Me, I recommend you engage the aide of a mental Health counselor for help in understanding where the problem stems from and how to go about tackling them. Using girls and work to cover is obviously not working at all. undecided

As for you caring so much about what others think? Well, once you tackle the real issue, all of that will work itself out. Having an ego is not same as having confidence. undecided
I'm confident on my own. What breaks me always is when ppl start talking about it. I lose the confidence.

Thank you for the advice
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2022
Legalese:
Your good looks is a gift and nothing more. It shouldn'tget to your head, neither should it make you proud. It's just what it is.
As for your mind, it's ok to be different, that's thee beauty of the world. Don't be scared to express your uniquenessfor fear of rejection. You seem to have let people'sopinion of your physical looks get to you psychologicallysuch that you now put unnecessary pressure on yourself. Chill. It'snot about you.

Lastly, a chaotic mind is also a creative one. Do not be afraid of the chaos in your mind. Embrace it, subdue it and channel it.
That's how God works and we are gods.
I love this right here. Thank you
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Dukeolumidemans(m): 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2022
henrybangs44:

Finally someone that understands the situation. Thank you sir. I'll practice what u advised

Well done bro. Works all the time.

1 Like

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2022
henrybangs44:

I'm confident on my own. What breaks me always is when ppl start talking about it. I lose the confidence.

Thank you for the advice
And I am telling you that your claim of confidence is meaningless since you are broken by what people say. undecided

Confidence refers to an ability to stand one's ground regardless of what people say. You admit that you loose your composure when people say things to you meaning you don't have what you claim you do. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by fujirice: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2022
NextBuhari:
We have a lot in common. Hate to be put in the spotlight. And you can imagine I'm a teacher.

Whaaaat?
Me too grin
Re: I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks by hahn(m): 10:39am On Feb 12, 2022
henrybangs44:

Thank you sir. Just that some people underrate my efforts. They always think I'm always having upper hand

Focus on your life and fvck everybody's opinion undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Are Hardworking, Respectful And Don't Cheat' - Ghanaian Lady Says / 6 Things You Should Never Do On Your First Date / Share Your First Experiences Wooing Your Crush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.