Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache (5944 Views)

My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Acidosis(m): 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
Actually, marrying someone from your village or tribe provides some form of checks and balances. Asides being a responsible person, you need the fear of God and the fear of what people (your mutuals) will say to keep you in check. Lack of accountability and the belief that you're not accountable to anyone, not even God or your parents and mutuals, is a major recipe for marital disaster.

Divorce will hardly cross your mind if you marry from a family you're very much familiar with. Marry a distant fellow, and divorce will always cross your mind at the slightest provocation.

1 Like

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Mariangeles(f): 10:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
armyofone:

That corpse water thing is sheer wickedness!

Asking someone to drink waste matter/germs shocked shocked

Barbaric!

I used to think it only happens in nollywood movies….still hard to believe it ever happened though.

I doubt they’d try such in this day and age.

1 Like

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by armyofone(m): 11:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mariangeles:

Barbaric!

I used to think it only happens in nollywood movies….still hard to believe it ever happened though.

I doubt they’d try such in this day and age.

There are still villagers in the village so maybe some still do.
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by armyofone(m): 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
DroppingLiquid:
Yes, but it depends on the tribe. If you marry a white person, you won't have all this problem because your inlaws automatically feel you've married a superior specimen.

That's why I want to marry a White woman.

$$$ engine now not the superior thingz anymore.
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Jman06(m): 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
@op, these 'end time children' will not understand what you're implying. They always learn the hard way!
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
Acidosis:
Divorce will hardly cross your mind if you marry from a family you're very much familiar with. Marry a distant fellow, and divorce will always cross your mind at the slightest provocation.
Yet a good number of those who ended up abandoned in marriage were married to spouses who lived in the same community/village growing up? undecided

Come on... can we rid ourselves of these ridiculous postulates abeg. undecided

1 Like

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Acidosis(m): 7:56am On Feb 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yet a good number of those who ended up abandoned in marriage were married to spouses who lived in the same community/village growing up? undecided

Your claims are unverifiable anywhere, Kobo. People who share the same value and some attachments with a community (could be village, church, religion) will most likely do everything to keep their marriage even when the road is rough.

The same principle applies to couples with kids. When you share something together or have a sort of accountability or attachment to a similar community, you'll most likely consider all the external variables ahead of selfish interest. This is commonsense.

The fear of what people will say have kept many marriages in Nigeria. Take these people out of their community (e.g. abroad), and watch them walk away, even when the differences are reconcilable.

2 Likes

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by DroppingLiquid: 8:47am On Feb 08, 2022
baby124:

Lol. I like that you have a fantastical idea of White people. You will learn.

And is it Nigerian girls that won't show you pepper? Mtcheww
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Kobojunkie: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2022
Acidosis:
Your claims are unverifiable anywhere , Kobo. People who share the same value and some attachments with a community (could be village, church, religion) will most likely do everything to keep their marriage even when the road is rough.

The same principle applies to couples with kids. When you share something together or have a sort of accountability or attachment to a similar community, you'll most likely consider all the external variables ahead of selfish interest. This is commonsense.

The fear of what people will say have kept many marriages in Nigeria. Take these people out of their community (e.g. abroad), and watch them walk away, even when the differences are reconcilable.
But yours are? undecided

1 Like

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Acidosis(m): 11:05am On Feb 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But yours are? undecided

What postulates? That culture plays a huge role in marriages or that people experience cultural shocks?
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Feb 08, 2022
Acidosis:
What postulates? That culture plays a huge role in marriages or that people experience cultural shocks?
These are unverifiable postulates, my friend. undecided
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Brian47(m): 6:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
I disagree.
I've seen different interteibes marriages that are working well.
Just marry the right person that's all.

1 Like

Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by DonroxyII: 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2022
Romanoff:

The signs are already there and by God's grace, nothing will make me have regrets in Jesus name.
Amen. IJN.
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by ibechris(m): 10:42pm On Feb 08, 2022
Entprys:
Marry yoruba women and exprience peace in your life.
Omoluwabi - the best wife material

I will not talk.
Yoruba women u say...OK.
Owembe women.

I will not anything...just use your tongue make u count your teeth.
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Feelings79: 11:52pm On Feb 08, 2022
Entprys:
Marry yoruba women and exprience peace in your life.
Omoluwabi - the best wife material
Hey bro, that Yoruba bride make alot of sense to me based on my observations in so many marital situations.I'm Tiv from Benue state and our people married to Yoruba are having it nice.Trouble is I'm in this Benue and can't easily find one for myself.Can you help?
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by Entprys(m): 4:48am On Feb 09, 2022
Feelings79:
Hey bro, that Yoruba bride make alot of sense to me based on my observations in so many marital situations.I'm Tiv from Benue state and our people married to Yoruba are having it nice.Trouble is I'm in this Benue and can't easily find one for myself.Can you help?
[s]
Feelings79:
[/s]
Feelings79:
Re: Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache by IfGodbeforus(m): 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
Lalasticlala what's your take?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Betrayed By My Blood Sister And Fiance / Suicide On My Mind / Using First Names For Husband & Wife (Father & Mother) in the Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.