Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate (19208 Views)

Uzodinma: APC Will Field Candidate, Win Edo Election / Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa / North Will Field Better Candidate For 2023 Presidency – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by TheGift: 9:09pm On Feb 08, 2022
Or a party that wants. Nigeria to break up.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by anytexy: 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
I want to believe he is referring to APC.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Mayeldah(m): 9:12pm On Feb 08, 2022
Yoruba muslims will think otherwise.

They are asslickers and sell outs, to them religious affiliation is everything.

That Mumuric man comes to mind

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Abujason: 9:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
NOT SURE WHY I LIKE THIS GUY A LOT. I KNOW ITS NOT JUST BECAUSE HIS WIFE IS FROM MY AREA BUT I BELIEVE IT MAY HAVE TO DO WITH HIS FEARLESSNESS. I WISH WE CAN HAVE HIM AND WIKE TOGETHER AS PRESIDENT AND VICE. NOT ALL THOSE YANSH LICKERS WHO CALL THEMSELVES POLITICIANS WILLING TO DO ANYTHING TO BECOME PRESIDENT.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2022
TheGift:
Or a party that wants. Nigeria to break up.

So what?

North is not in 1920s.

North has grown beyond bullying.

We have lions and hyenas as the other regions used to have before.

No body can pressure North!!.

But the unity is important for all of us.

Politically, Militarily and Whatever manner,we are now ready.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by porthouse7(f): 9:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

The 1959 election was a parliamentary election and not the presidential we practice today. Victory was determined by the number of legislative seats won and not popular votes. NPC came first based on number of seats won.

Again, you need to also consider that while Western and Eastern regions adopted universal adult suffrage for the election, the northern region adopted limited suffrage whereby women are not allowed to vote. As a result, they had lesser popular votes than the two other regions. In fact, northern women were not allowed to vote until the 1979 general election when Nigeria adopted the presidential system of government.
educate them pls
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2022
Abujason:
NOT SURE WHY I LIKE THIS GUY A LOT. I KNOW ITS NOT JUST BECAUSE HIS WIFE IS FROM MY AREA BUT I BELIEVE IT MAY HAVE TO DO WITH HIS FEARLESSNESS. I WISH WE CAN HAVE HIM AND WIKE TOGETHER AS PRESIDENT AND VICE. NOT ALL THOSE YANSH LICKERS WHO CALL THEMSELVES POLITICIANS WILLING TO DO ANYTHING TO BECOME PRESIDENT.

Better. Hhhh.

Wike President.

Akerodu Vice President.

Obi Senate President.

Good combo.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 08, 2022
Mayeldah:
Yoruba muslims will think otherwise.

They are asslickers and sell outs, to them religious affiliation is everything.

That Mumuric man comes to mind

So Yoruba is your Problem?
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Stallione(m): 9:21pm On Feb 08, 2022
Anago55:
Only a party determined to lose will field Yoruba candidate
Gbam, well said nwanne!!! smiley
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Potohoa: 9:22pm On Feb 08, 2022
sad
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by shortIGBOman: 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
Anago55:

Igbo can never rule this Country. The North will never allow that. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
Anago55:
anago means the most dump person ever exist, I think you will agree with me on this
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by onuman: 9:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
Anago55:

Zoning and rotation of the presidency between the north and the south kept Nigeria one since 1999, after northern military dictators proliferated too many states in the far north for the political and economic advantages of the far north.

Apart from MURIC people in the SW, it's going to be hard to find any voter in the south of Nigeria willing to vote for a presidential candidate from North in the 2023 presidential election in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by kaymart: 9:27pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

You are right, Obasanjo is from Sokoto.
grin
Savage reply...
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by shortIGBOman: 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Oga the Yoruba candidate in 1999 was Olu falae and last time I checked he failed woefully!! Obasanjo was a Northern candidate in 1999.He rigged himself to a second term because he was already in power in 2003.

MKO is the only ALLEGED Yoruba candidate to win elections in Nigeria.AlLEGED because the following final results were never officially announced

Abeg remind me, how many votes Ojukwu got when he contested for President in 2003. I heard that, Igbo People no gree vote am? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by onuman: 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

The 1959 election was a parliamentary election and not the presidential we practice today. Victory was determined by the number of legislative seats won and not popular votes. NPC came first based on number of seats won.

Again, you need to also consider that while Western and Eastern regions adopted universal adult suffrage for the election, the northern region adopted limited suffrage whereby women are not allowed to vote. As a result, they had lesser popular votes than the two other regions. In fact, northern women were not allowed to vote until the 1979 general election when Nigeria adopted the presidential system of government.

Who won the highest number of votes does not become winner.
A presidential candidate in Nigeria must also win 25% of votes in 24 of the 36 states, before he/she can be concluded as winner.

Without zoning or rotation, how can a presidential candidate from any southern region win 25% of votes in 24 states, if far north is supporting a presidential candidate from the north?
Discrediting zoning or rotation of the presidency in Nigeria is like handing Nigeria over to far north political leaders to manage.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Indispensable85(m): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

That's the best way to answer a person who has deliberately decided to be foolish.

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by tempest01(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
DonNeon:
It's time southern Nigeria stand up... can't stand this country been ruled by another northerner for 8 years again...

Buhari's tribalistic and nepotistic attitudes is enough reason to make sure power comes to the South.......

And rightfully so. Hopefully the southern benefactor of this clamour will not become a stooge and keep things at status quo.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by PWGLTD(m): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
THE BIBLE IS A RELIABLE COLLECTION OF HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS WRITTEN BY EYEWITNESSES DURING THE LIFETIME OF OTHER EYEWITNESSES AND THEY REPORT SUPERNATURAL EVENTS THAT TOOK PLACE IN FULFILLMENT OF SPECIFIC PROPHECIES AND THEIR WRITINGS ARE DIVINE RATHER THAN HUMAN IN ORIGIN*

THIS IS CORE REASON WHY WE BELIEVE THE BIBLE!
*IT'S FINAL AUTHORITY IN CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE, 66 BOOKS WRITTEN ON 3 DIFFERENT CONTINENTS IN 3 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES BY OVER 40 AUTHORS FROM ALL WORKS OF LIFE COVERING HUNDREDS OF SUBJECTS OVER A PERIOD OF 1500 YEARS
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by sematec(m): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
i hope this man is not just making mouth o
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by lagosrd: 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
It's a pity, you won't be able to do nothing if a northern candidate wins. Nigeria won't break because of that.

When youths were yearning for liberation and true democracy you people said Nigeria is indivisible.

The northern power brokers will just be laughing at you guys right now, the only thing they are doing is to select the person that will further advance northern agenda is who they are currently rooting for.

You people vote in the pages of newspapers and social media platforms. You don't go out and vote. We are too tribalistic and bigoted to follow the right path.

When the northern guys start voting inside moaqus , your people will be queing up properly only for card readers not to function to the extent that your ex president was almost not accredited for voting.

It's better you do what they are planning to do for you or else forget tinubu, Osinbajo etc
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by JohnSin97: 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Well spoken....
This one is speaking from the angle of cowardice.... Must you always portray the tendency of a typical afonja the coward and backstabber?

Ojuku the bald headed baboon was the real coward
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by GardenOfGod(m): 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
JohnSin97:

Ojuku the bald headed baboon was the real coward
hahahaha.... Painment grin grin
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by zionstaar75: 9:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
Anago55:
I pity d people that invested in u,they wasted their resources
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by zionstaar75: 10:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
Frigga13:

Yoruba man .. how do you know he’s igbo? Always bitter and hating ..

After the wining and bla’s, yoruba land is still suffering from acute hunger and chronic poverty..
Yoruba people still do rituals and skull mining for money to faji .. not even to develop their ancient states ..
I've been to d whole south eastern states d only d best states in d east only compare to ondo and ekiti,abia is a village,onitsha is a dirty gully filled state.na only enugu make sense small.so.....
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by chukwuibuipob: 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2022
angry shocked sad shocked u'll NOT make Heaven sad.I don tell the keeper of Heaven gate Pa obinna Righteousness2 to comot Ur name from the register
seunmsg:

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by diplomat058(m): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:

actually they won in 1959, only for them to enter into alliance with the north as junior partners...realise the error of their ways and then stage a coup!!!!!
There was never a presidential election in Nigeria until the 1979 elections (courtesy of the 1979 presidential republican constitution of Nigeria). What we had before then were parliamentary elections into both chambers of the Federal Legislature. The Governor General Azikiwe was a rep of the British Queen (who was the substantive Head of State) from1959 to 1963 when Nigeria became republican and Azikiwe became President (elected in a joint session of both chambers of the Federal Legislature). An indirect election, there were no nationwide presidential elections
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by lereinter(m): 10:10pm On Feb 08, 2022
DonNeon:
It's time southern Nigeria stand up... can't stand this country been ruled by another northerner for 8 years again...

Buhari's tribalistic and nepotistic attitudes is enough reason to make sure power comes to the South.......

Let me ask you a question?

Are you expecting the southern president to replicate the same nepotism and tribalism demonstrated by buhari
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by chukwuibuipob: 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Better. Hhhh.

Wike President.

Akerodu Vice President.

OBI HIM TU LIE grin grin(dem say he's from China) grin

Good combo.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by lereinter(m): 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Oga the Yoruba candidate in 1999 was Olu falae and last time I checked he failed woefully!! Obasanjo was a Northern candidate in 1999.He rigged himself to a second term because he was already in power in 2003.

MKO is the only ALLEGED Yoruba candidate to win elections in Nigeria.AlLEGED because the following final results were never officially announced

See stinking analysis

Obasanjo is northern candidate

If uzodinma or okorocha become president, they are northern candidate
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2022
[quote author=chukwuibuipob post=110074159][/quote]

Lol.

So he is Xi Obi Li?
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Dapson73(m): 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
cktheluckyman:

If the SW is contesting then there are worse off than the North there are here condemning

Only if South West is not part of the south.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu May Return Monday, Race For National Assembly Seats Hots Up / An Open Letter To President Goodluck Jonathan By Chief Timipre Sylva / Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.