Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate (19209 Views)

Uzodinma: APC Will Field Candidate, Win Edo Election / Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa / North Will Field Better Candidate For 2023 Presidency – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by lereinter(m): 10:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
Rubbish talk from a lawyer and even one time NBA president

Every nigerian is free to contest and win

Better still

Let's return to regional government, every region produces her own leader
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by chukwuibuipob: 10:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
angry angry sad Allow his manhood to rest sad angry
shortIGBOman:

Abeg remind me, how many votes Ojukwu got when he contested for President in 2003. I heard that, Igbo People no gree vote am? grin grin
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Dapson73(m): 10:18pm On Feb 08, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Oga the Yoruba candidate in 1999 was Olu falae and last time I checked he failed woefully!! Obasanjo was a Northern candidate in 1999.He rigged himself to a second term because he was already in power in 2003.

MKO is the only ALLEGED Yoruba candidate to win elections in Nigeria.AlLEGED because the following final results were never officially announced

It's people like you that once claimed Obj is from Anambra.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2022
diplomat058:
There was never a presidential election in Nigeria until the 1979 elections (courtesy of the 1979 presidential republican constitution of Nigeria). What we had before then were parliamentary elections into both chambers of the Federal Legislature. The Governor General Azikiwe was a rep of the British Queen (who was the substantive Head of State) from1959 to 1963 when Nigeria became republican and Azikiwe became President (elected in a joint session of both chambers of the Federal Legislature). An indirect election, there were no nationwide presidential elections

Efiko! Clap for yourself for telling the class what everybody already knows.

The person I responded to knows what I was referring to general elections whether presidential or parliamentary,
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by BrutusOj(m): 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
cktheluckyman:

If the SW is contesting then there they are worse off than the North there they are here condemning
Please, read your comment out to yourself and listen carefully to the word there if it fits into the sentence.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

The 1959 election was a parliamentary election and not the presidential we practice today. Victory was determined by the number of legislative seats won and not popular votes. NPC came first based on number of seats won.

Again, you need to also consider that while Western and Eastern regions adopted universal adult suffrage for the election, the northern region adopted limited suffrage whereby women are not allowed to vote. As a result, they had lesser popular votes than the two other regions. In fact, northern women were not allowed to vote until the 1979 general election when Nigeria adopted the presidential system of government.

I know they came 1st only based on popular vote not seats won, hence I said “technically”. I was being michevious. I must say I didn’t know women weren’t allowed to vote n the north then.

I always wondered how they got the most seats with the least amount of votes….now I know!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Emekaonline: 10:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Oga the Yoruba candidate in 1999 was Olu falae and last time I checked he failed woefully!! Obasanjo was a Northern candidate in 1999.He rigged himself to a second term because he was already in power in 2003.

MKO is the only ALLEGED Yoruba candidate to win elections in Nigeria.AlLEGED because the following final results were never officially announced

Just because your brother nzeribe colluded with IBB to annul the election in the na,e of ABN

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Emekaonline: 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
BrutusOj:
Please, read your comment out to yourself and listen carefully to the word there if it fits into the sentence.

Please dont blame the man, he was commenting from Ariria market in Aba. He never went school since he was released from baby factory
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by truthstands01: 10:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

Yoruba candidates won the presidential elections in 1993, 1999 and 2003. Tell us how many times an Igbo candidate has won a presidential election in the history of Nigeria?

We’ve a good history of electoral success and you have none. That’s why you and your folks are everywhere shouting and begging that Tinubu and Osinbajo should not contest in 2023. Once they are on the ballot, it’s guaranteed victory.
Is this not hypocrisy pls? You all are shouting power should return to the South. I totally agree but it should be the South East, if not, let North continue. E go do una for eyes nah. Since yiu have the monopoly of only SW winning presidency, let's see how it goes. PDP will Field a northern candidate and I assure you, North like themselves die. E go clear for your eye nah. Why won't South East be allowed to lead Nigeria? Where was Obj before he was picked to run in 1999? Either SE, NE or NC will be President in 2023. SW got 8yrs Presidency in Obj, SW got 8yrs VP in Osinbajo. Why do yiu think it's justice, equity and fairness for SW to get it again in 2023 when SE has not gotten either President or VP since 1999. Pls tell yourself the truth. If it will not be given to SE, let it remain with the North. That's all. North will continue to rule Nigeria until SW get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by dragunov: 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

The 1959 election was a parliamentary election and not the presidential we practice today. Victory was determined by the number of legislative seats won and not popular votes. NPC came first based on number of seats won.

Again, you need to also consider that while Western and Eastern regions adopted universal adult suffrage for the election, the northern region adopted limited suffrage whereby women are not allowed to vote. As a result, they had lesser popular votes than the two other regions. In fact, northern women were not allowed to vote until the 1979 general election when Nigeria adopted the presidential system of government.

grin grin Wa a se re paddy mi Kadoso Mutairu. A chilled bottle of tears for you. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by sirp9898(m): 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
So who be the south?
Instead of openly demand for refredom address how we are continue to live peacely
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by dragunov: 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
truthstands01:

Is this not hypocrisy pls? You all are shouting power should return to the South. I totally agree but it should be the South East, if not, let North continue. E go do una for eyes nah. Since yiu have the monopoly of only SW winning presidency, let's see how it goes. PDP will Field a northern candidate and I assure you, North like themselves die. E go clear for your eye nah. Why won't South East be allowed to lead Nigeria? Where was Obj before he was picked to run in 1999? Either SE, NE or NC will be President in 2023. SW got Presidency in Obj, SW got 8yrs VP in Osinbajo. Why do yiu think it's justice, equity and fairness for SW to get it again in 2023 when SE has not gotten either President or VP since 1999. Pls tell yourself the truth. If it will not be given to SE, let it remain with the North. That's all.

FORGET!!!!!!! Empty threats.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by emmykk(m): 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2022
cktheluckyman:

Thanks for schooling that idiot.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by seunmsg(m): 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
angry shocked sad shocked u'll NOT make Heaven sad.I don tell the keeper of Heaven gate Pa obinna Righteousness2 to comot Ur name from the register

grin grin grin
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by truthstands01: 10:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
dragunov:

FORGET!!!!!!! Empty threats.
I don hammer you with fact nah, e don become emptying threats. You know the truth and your mind tells yiu the truth. Why will SW be clamouring to get Presidency in 2023 when 3 out of the 6 regions of the country have not tested it? Its absolutely unfair and you know it.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Hamzashaf99(f): 10:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
Mko123:
Before getting to my comment, you must at least pass through 10 foolish commentators.

Imagine what they turned the thread to be.
The message was about southerners stand on producing the presidential candidate, now it has happened as if the said southerners always pick a fight when it's time to outshine.

if this is what you can bring to the table, pls allow the northerners to continue the tyrannical reigns
The problem is we Nigerians are deeply selfish and blindly dedicated to tribalism.

Give the SW, they will start fighting for which state. Give the north, they will still fight 9ver the tribe or region. If it's south east or Niger delta, they will stay fight.

That's how we always choose horrible leaders
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Karemarealty288(m): 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
Babalawoniger:
Akeredolu is on point.

When 3 northern state result is that of entire south grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by BafanaBafana: 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
Babalawoniger:
Akeredolu is on point.
No he isn't on point, he is either being politically naive, or being mischievous. People that matter in the north are already picking their candidates in the south. His comments will only bring strife, northerners hate being threatened
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by 07kjb: 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2022
I love AKERE HE IS A MAN WITH GUTS
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Abujason: 11:03pm On Feb 08, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Better. Hhhh.

Wike President.

Akerodu Vice President.

Obi Senate President.

Good combo.

grin

Ok ooo. So e go be like this:

Wike - President
Aketti - VP
Obi - CBN Gov.
Amaechi - Works & Transport
Zulum - Chief of Staff to Wike
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Ayoola171(m): 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
We are watching with kin interest.

One of the fastest growing axis where you can invest and be sure of fast value appreciation is Ibeju-Lekki axis of Lagos Island.

Another added advantage is to be strategically positioned within such promising axis.

Some of the Estates to watch out for are:

Delight Estate currently going for 16m per plot size (Total Package). The Estate is facing Lekki Epe Expressway directly within Eleko Junction.

Another is Five Oaks Estate: Currently going for 25m per plot size. The Estate is facing Eleko Beach Road directly just few minutes before Amen Estate.

For more information and enquiry.

Call/WhatsApp the phone number on the attached flier.

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by fidelis911: 11:09pm On Feb 08, 2022
God bless you sir....
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
Abujason:

grin

Ok ooo. So e go be like this:

Wike - President
Aketti - VP
Obi - CBN Gov.
Amaechi - Works & Transport
Zulum - Chief of Staff to Wike

Hhhh. Yes

What about Ministers?

This is where the problem lies.

Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by NSK4U(m): 11:14pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

Yoruba candidates won the presidential elections in 1993, 1999 and 2003. Tell us how many times an Igbo candidate has won a presidential election in the history of Nigeria?

We’ve a good history of electoral success and you have none. That’s why you and your folks are everywhere shouting and begging that Tinubu and Osinbajo should not contest in 2023. Once they are on the ballot, it’s guaranteed victory.

We'll see that victory in 2023 oga, no need to brag. Mind, we returned to democracy/civil government in 1999, so that's where you should start. In 1999, Yoruba run against themselves, the field was left open for them and no other tribe fought it. So either way, a Yoruba would still have emerged winner in any of the two major parties. That time, Obj didn't invest in any PDP to be reaping from it, he was brought from prison to take up that mandate and other zones allowed it. Now, your greedy part makes you think and feel that you can still rewrite history and maneuver things with the lame argument of investing in APC, it's sure gonna be a sorry case for you and your lots after 2023, mark my words for it.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Abujason: 11:19pm On Feb 08, 2022
DonNeon:
It's time southern Nigeria stand up... can't stand this country been ruled by another northerner for 8 years again...

Buhari's tribalistic and nepotistic attitudes is enough reason to make sure power comes to the South.......

Well, I don talk my own before.
I will be ok with a Northerner as VP but certainly not as President. As much as I detest Tinubu because of him being a proper crook, I will be in tears as I vote for him should it boil down to him as a Southern candidate over a Northerner. But Tinubu’s campaign will implode shortly after the convention for sure. So I will be ok with other Southern crooks who have proven that they can walk and chew kola. People like Roaches Okorocha, Akpabio, Hopeless, Oshiomowle or Fayose. We have all seen that being called a saint does not translate to being a good president.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Blackdisciple(m): 11:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
No be lie
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by chrisvic007: 11:26pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

You are right, Obasanjo is from Sokoto.

Don't mind the retarded p*g. He's an Ipob, that is the denominator of Igbos, mental retardation.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Abujason: 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

Ha, oga Seunmsg, no be una say OBJ no be real Yoruba pesin and for that una no to vote for am? OBJ won more votes in SE than he did in SW but now you don begin do gragra dey claim am again.

But anyway, my papa once tell me say big prick no mean good performance. As you don claim that Igbo never rule this country before, make your people accept that SW and North are the reason Nigeria has remained backward because of your horrendous leadership abilities.

Congrats to una ooo.
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Trendingbiz042: 11:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

And yet Igbos are developing SW. shame!
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by leokid866: 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2022
seunmsg:

Tell us how many times a Yoruba Man spearheaded a civil war...... grin
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by Abujason: 11:54pm On Feb 08, 2022
[quote author=Khaleepha5681 post=110075367][/quote]

Ah, that one easy now.

Abujason - Gov. Of Central Bank and Min. Of Finance grin (Yes, I deserve it)
Khaleepha5681 - Deputy to Gov. Of CBN
Oby Ezekwesili - Education
Saraki - Senate President
Hell Rufire - Minister of Almajiri Affairs
Tambuwal - Science & Tech
Devil Umahi - Min of Abuja FCT
Prof. Jega - EFCC

Make una add una own…
Re: Akeredolu: Only A Party Determined To Lose Will Field A Northern Candidate by leokid866: 11:56pm On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:
ofcourse he will say that he is from the south and he knows APC is going to field a southern candidate so he wants to put pressure on PDP to field a southern candidate because he knows PDP cannot win with a southern candidate.
The best pdp has to offer come 2023 is wike, as it stands atiku is looking for how he will support Apc while saraki is just hoping to get back kwara after that nothing concern him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Did Not Attack Obiano, He Was Attacked By His Opponents - Ipob / Stop These Killings Now Or Resign - Timi Frank Tells Buhari / —david Mark's Daughter Reveals Why She Dumped PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.