Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down (23145 Views)

FIFPRO Assisting Super Falcons In Dispute With NFF. / Moment Anthony Joshua broke down in tears after losing rematch with Usyk (Video) / Barcelona Confirm Messi’s Exit As Contract Talks Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:14am On Feb 09, 2022
oluwaahmed:
What positive performance? A team that was good on paper to win the AFCON could not even scale through the round of 16. A team that plays wing football could not even deliver dangerous set-pieces. A team where the average height was 6'1 could not even score a single header from set-pieces & corners. All Tunisia needed to do was block moses Simon and the team collapsed. No game reading technicality, no squad rotation. Ndidi, moses Simon, iheanacho did not need to play the 3rd group stage match especially as we had qualified. I doubt we would qualify from the group stage of the World Cup with a coach like eguavon that's if we even beat Ghana.

Very Correct. Dude is being retained for his political ability not football knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 09, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Very Correct. Dude is being retained for his political ability not football knowledge.

What political abilities?
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by 4ckyou: 6:29am On Feb 09, 2022
Nbotee:
Contract talks no break down anything. NFF changed their minds afta the positive performances of the Eagles under d home based coach

and yet we didn't go pass first round, with foreign coach at least we reach semi finals
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by worldclass68(m): 7:12am On Feb 09, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:
Thought the whole contract thing was concluded before announcing him manager.
Anyone who knows eguavoen knows he's more of a politician than a coach who would have assured the NFF rogues of his pliability to all their heist plans.
That's besides the fact that he's a technically naive coach. Beaten by Tunisia in 2004 and getting beaten by them in 2022 hardly shows him as someone who has any idea about what he claims to be doing.
We wait and see

Christian chukwu was in charge of the super eagles in 2004, Eguanvon beat all his opponents including Tunisia but Ivory coast 1-0 in the semi.

Eguanvon is not tactically sounds to me tho..
His team has no play B, and the subs were way off.(pretty bad) ,just take a look at the Senegalese coach decision making regarding subs and his.
His appointment has to do with more of padipadi and political...maybe that's why NFF added Amunike to the crew..
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by yusluvad(m): 7:30am On Feb 09, 2022
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The truth is that NFF come later discover say we no need am again..If Cisse, an ex senegalese player can win their first AFCON trophy with dem after 8 fvcking years,I wonder why our own ex players here shouldn't be given similar opportunities too.
Fact!
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Akhee: 7:30am On Feb 09, 2022
Nbotee:
Contract talks no break down anything. NFF changed their minds afta the positive performances of the Eagles under d home based coach
Gaskiya my guy
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Brian47(m): 7:34am On Feb 09, 2022
When this guy was announced, I was like we no go AFCON ooo, make them leave Rohr till after AFCON, then they can sack him.
But the good job Eguavon did, I wanted him as permanent coach. And I hope confused NFF ppl would leave him as head coach.
But how they've hired another coach and Eguavon is back to technical director.
I hope this new coch will do better.
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Marcobos12: 7:34am On Feb 09, 2022
oluwaahmed:
What positive performance? A team that was good on paper to win the AFCON could not even scale through the round of 16. A team that plays wing football could not even deliver dangerous set-pieces. A team where the average height was 6'1 could not even score a single header from set-pieces & corners. All Tunisia needed to do was block moses Simon and the team collapsed. No game reading technicality, no squad rotation. Ndidi, moses Simon, iheanacho did not need to play the 3rd group stage match especially as we had qualified. I doubt we would qualify from the group stage of the World Cup with a coach like eguavon that's if we even beat Ghana.

Thanks brother for saying my mind. If Nigeria should qualify to the world cup it will be because of the technicality of Emmanuel Emenike not that naive politician called Enguavon, who lacks gaming changing techniques. I still doubt if we will ever qualify. The team was able to get to the round of 16 because of their individual effort not technical input of Enguavon who did not have any to offer.
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by patrickmuf(m): 7:35am On Feb 09, 2022
gaby:
Most of you posters up there do not really know or understand the level of corruption that goes on in that "glass house" of the NFF.

You'd think those at the helms of the National football body really care about our football teams at the expense of their pockets with these their sugar-coated reasons.

I wholesome believe the Portuguese's version of the story.

I am sure he refused to share or kick back a portion of his proposed monthly earnings in Dollars for them to share as usual.

Wicked thieves.

If we indeed had an anti-corruption fighting agency and were desirous to fight corruption, the EFCC should be debriefing this guy to know wet in him ear, hear, and eye see.
Na only you talk better talk for that front page...
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Judolisco(m): 7:41am On Feb 09, 2022
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The truth is that NFF come later discover say we no need am again..If Cisse, an ex senegalese player can win their first AFCON trophy with dem after 8 fvcking years,I wonder why our own ex players here shouldn't be given similar opportunities too.
my ex players wey dey do bet9ja and sporty.bet
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Invictuse: 7:42am On Feb 09, 2022
Pinnick suddenly the problem according to you all previous NFA chairmen are saints .

illuminutty:
Pinnick is a corrupt d1ck fvcking NFF in all holes without rubber. He will soon catch a disease and he will be exposed.
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by aribisala0(m): 7:46am On Feb 09, 2022
robosky02:
3. They told the whole world he has ALREADY signed a contract and MUST take over after AFCON. Now they are saying e was relieved due to break down in talks..... Who is deceiving who

Did that happen
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Invictuse: 7:46am On Feb 09, 2022
Pls help me tell them o because many fools out of bigotry believe the failure of a coach is now the next thing after slice bread.

Before I support the Eagle the team must be coached a non Igbo or team selection is not based on bribe like it is presently.

oluwaahmed:
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:49am On Feb 09, 2022
miracood:

What political abilities?

He knows how to "play ball"
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by kunleiky(m): 7:54am On Feb 09, 2022
Nbotee:

End of discussion... Gbayii
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:58am On Feb 09, 2022
I see SE winning the world cup
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by robosky02(m): 7:58am On Feb 09, 2022
aribisala0:
Did that happen

Precisely 29th December all papers carried the new. Even when Nigerians wanted to first see what the interim can offer first. Yet they wanted to impose him by force

"NFF revealed in a communique made public on Wednesday night that the Executive Committee endorsed the appointment of the former Porto boss as the new coach.

"After careful consideration of a memo presented by Chairman of the Technical and Development Sub-Committee, the Executive Committee endorsed a proposal for the appointment of Mr. Jose Peseiro as the new Head Coach of the Super Eagles," the statement said in parts.

Peseiro, who will take over reigns of the vacant position following the termination of Gernot Rohr's contract last month, will observe the Super Eagles in Cameroon next month before taking charge of the team.

"The Committee, however, resolved that Augustine Eguavoen, the interim Head Coach, will lead the Super Eagles to the AFCON 2021 in Cameroon with Mr. Peseiro only playing the role of Observer," the communique added.

"It was unanimously agreed that the AFCON is a good avenue for Mr. Peseiro to launch a working relationship with Mr. Eguavoen."

Peseiro, 61, a former forward, has been the coach of South American country, Venezuela before he resigned from the position last month after going a year without pay.

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/super-eagles/jose-peseiro-named-new-super-eagles-head-coach/708wjmg
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by aribisala0(m): 8:04am On Feb 09, 2022
robosky02:

Precisely 29th December all papers carried the new. Even when Nigerians wanted to first see what the interim can offer first. Yet they wanted to impose him by force

"NFF revealed in a communique made public on Wednesday night that the Executive Committee endorsed the appointment of the former Porto boss as the new coach.

"After careful consideration of a memo presented by Chairman of the Technical and Development Sub-Committee, the Executive Committee endorsed a proposal for the appointment of Mr. Jose Peseiro as the new Head Coach of the Super Eagles," the statement said in parts.

Peseiro, who will take over reigns of the vacant position following the termination of Gernot Rohr's contract last month, will observe the Super Eagles in Cameroon next month before taking charge of the team.

"The Committee, however, resolved that Augustine Eguavoen, the interim Head Coach, will lead the Super Eagles to the AFCON 2021 in Cameroon with Mr. Peseiro only playing the role of Observer," the communique added.

"It was unanimously agreed that the AFCON is a good avenue for Mr. Peseiro to launch a working relationship with Mr. Eguavoen."

Peseiro, 61, a former forward, has been the coach of South American country, Venezuela before he resigned from the position last month after going a year without pay.

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/super-eagles/jose-peseiro-named-new-super-eagles-head-coach/708wjmg

I think we understand English differently

Where did it say?

They told the whole world he has ALREADY signed a contract and MUST take over after AFCON

As YOU claim?
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Bamzyriches451: 8:04am On Feb 09, 2022
Damn!!
Keep Eguavoen, we don't need Peseiro abi Pepsi
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by FireUpNow(m): 8:04am On Feb 09, 2022
Percentage and control issues in the dark
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by sharpwriter(m): 8:13am On Feb 09, 2022
paulolee:
forget the contract n financial issues, nigerian av learned the hard way n dnt want a repeat of Lars largaback story..
Lars was employed months before 2010 worldcup n we left in d group stage with a very bad performance, lars excuse was dt he wasn't given enough time to study n get used to our players...
it seems mr eguavon know dm well, so he gets d job..
To me, Lars wasn't that bad, he might need a few more time with those players though, but those players na fvk up guys, dem no fit play nothing.

Was it Lars that made Aiyegbeni miss an open net? Was it him that made that stupid Keita get unnecessary red card? And many more. With discipline and more seriousness, we could have gotten past that stage in 2010.

And even at that, which world cup have we really performed since we've been going? Maybe France 98, we never reach quarter finals before.

But the most useless coach we have ever had which was evident in the woeful performance of the players is Berti Vogts cheesy grin the man's head dey empty cheesy
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Cubalabloo(m): 8:30am On Feb 09, 2022
He should be happy that he did not have to wine and dine with blood sucking, corrupt and cursed people called Nigerians.
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Matthew2925(m): 8:38am On Feb 09, 2022
Time will tell. Things will definitely go wrong for some NFF if Nigeria doesn't qualify for the world Cup.
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by ComeToJesus: 8:44am On Feb 09, 2022
Simple reason: the coach no gree for them sharing formular. Big big grammar no good.
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Athemisia: 8:48am On Feb 09, 2022
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
After 8 fvcking years what?
Them don winner before the 8 fvcking years?
Abeg clear me.

Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by majamajic(m): 8:49am On Feb 09, 2022
Sacking Rohr , was a major mistake
Eguavon will finish us in world cup qualifiers

Nigeria will miss the world cup
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Athemisia: 8:51am On Feb 09, 2022
Cubalabloo:
He should be happy that he did not have to wine and dine with blood sucking, corrupt and cursed people called Nigerians.
You don see he CV before?? How good is he really?
All this average Portuguese coaches with no unique style of play...
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by icedbreez(m): 8:51am On Feb 09, 2022
A lot of Nigerians not impressed with this Kpekere guy,

How come the guys over at the glass house was impressed?

Presentation slides?
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by majamajic(m): 8:52am On Feb 09, 2022
Bamzyriches451:
Damn!!
Keep Eguavoen, we don't need Peseiro abi Pepsi

Local coach is always disaster to nigeria football , Rohr for get us to atleast semi finals with same squad

Nigeria will miss the world cup with Eguavon

Tell them I told u !
Re: Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down by Athemisia: 8:54am On Feb 09, 2022
majamajic:
Sacking Rohr , was a major mistake
Eguavon will finish us in world cup qualifiers

Nigeria will miss the world cup
Eguavon is far better than Rohr.
During Rohr regime, the boys can't even knock the ball. No accurate pass.
It was just individual play all along.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Goal Keeper In The World / Guardiola: I Don't Know If We Can Catch Liverpool / Paul Onuachu Celebrates His 26th Birthday Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.