Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? (1292 Views)

Being A Father At 22 (my Story) / A Beautiful Sex Worker Highlights Her Achievements At 22 (Photos) / At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Feeyarh(f): 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
I don't know if this is normal. I've never had a relationship in my life
I just find it difficult and feel it is a disturbance to my life and career. Although I'm the introverted type,I can stay indoor for as long as possible in as much as there is food ,water and internet. And even if I go out I frown to make me look unapproachable.
For example if someone ask me out today, I will block him on all social media platforms coz I think he's going to disturb my life.
Been the first child of the family, my mom is stylishly asking about my relationship life, infact she wants me to introduce my boyfriend to her since I've graduated from school but I've not opened up to her abt it.
Nairalanders, Do you think this is normal?
You can also help me on tips to stop this act coz honestly I'm tired[right][/right][left][/left]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 09, 2022
its not normal
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Goldbw122(m): 7:56pm On Feb 09, 2022
It is normal, you need to arrange your lifestyle, to fit your relationship, simple.
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Animegirl(f): 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2022
Baby girl. It is normal but hope you don't have any traumatizing experience with any males, it could be your father, brothers or male friends.

Also it seems you're more focused on your career, very good my friend. Men don't really have anything to offer you, only you can give yourself happiness

Tell your mum to pray for your success rather than asking for your boyfriend cheesy but I get your mum, maybe she thinks you're not attractive enough.

Focus on yourself and your career. When is time to date, you'll know.

I'm just like you too wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Nwodosis(m): 7:58pm On Feb 09, 2022
It is normal not to have a relationship at 22 but what's abnormal is not having the feeling to have one at 22.

1 Like

Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Choilila: 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
you and I are on same boat cheesy
even my friends are disturbing me, gossiping behind my back.
one of them made this statement earlier this week "me no understand you ooh, get into relationship and you will be mature " I JUST GAVE HIM/ER THE FEARFUL DEAD LOOK.

Nigerian men are cheap grin

2 Likes

Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
cheesy
Mennnnnnn,I support the fact that your mom is kinda pestering you to introduce the man who's in your life to her.....E good like that.....Na momsy wey value her pikin go act like that..

Well, Op,i think you should stop blocking your potential future suitors...Na people like una dey make FB and other social media platforms dey dey difficult for us to find wife Material these days...How can you just block a guy simply because he expressed his feelings for you? undecided

Grow up babe undecided.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by silverlinen(m): 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omo bro me and you dey rock the same boat oo
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Justice4Toto: 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2022
Feeyarh:
I just find it difficult and feel it is a disturbance to my life and career. Although I'm the introverted type,I can stay indoor for as long as possible in as much as there is food ,water and internet. And even if I go out I frown to make me look unapproachable.
For example if someone ask me out today, I will block him on all social media platforms coz I think he's going to disturb my life.
Been the first child of the family, my mom is stylishly asking about my relationship life, infact she wants me to introduce my boyfriend to her since I've graduated from school but I've not opened up to her abt it.
You can also help me on tips to stop this act coz honestly I'm tired[right][/right][left][/left]

Sister u mean u HV not started collecting dick
Haa u r a late commer
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by BlaqJosh: 8:06pm On Feb 09, 2022
It's normal
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by pyyxxaro: 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
Preserve your CRYPTOCURRENCY account now , so that your Husband would be proud of you...

Don’t give any rugrat access to you account, if you try it , they would drain your account till it becomes wrinkled embarassed
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Animegirl(f): 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
Mennnnnnn,I support the fact that your mom is kinda pestering you to introduce the man who's in your life to her.....E good like that.....Na momsy wey value her pikin go act like that..

Well, Op,i think you should stop blocking your potential future suitors...Na people like una dey make FB and other social media dey dey difficult for us to find wife Material these days...How can you just block a guy simply because he expressed his feelings for you? undecided

Grow up babe undecided.

Wife material undecided just to heap responsibilities on her head.
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by shilenji(m): 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2022
Judging from your write up, 'you are an Introvert' that sums it all up. It's normal not to have had any relationship before, some people deliberately take the decision not to btw. If you want to change your relationship status you have to change your lifestyle too, go out more, grant healthy chats and explore the country more. May you find the one who keeps your heart at bay. Wish you all the best.
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by flokii: 8:26pm On Feb 09, 2022
BlaqJosh:
It's normal

No it's not..
She's never had a boyfriend before, not even one. c'mon.

I'm sure the OP knows within herself that it's not proper.
@OP Try to loosen up and mingle. you can always bear your mind to any guy that shows interest in you, he'll likely understand and not pester you much. Infact most guys would prefer a lady that is stress free.
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Truvelisback(m): 8:29pm On Feb 09, 2022
Dey there....Ur mate don born 3, u dey here dey ask Jamb Question.
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Candidlady: 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2022
Justice4Toto:

Sister u mean u HV not started collecting dick
Haa u r a late commer

Abnormal being spotted..

You should be place in a can close to a fire.. sad

Truvelisback:
Dey there....Ur mate don born 3, u dey here dey ask Jamb Question.

Don't tell me you are Yoruba ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by VeryWickedMan: 8:47pm On Feb 09, 2022
Feeyarh:

First of all, can you suck a big dick very well for long?

1 Like

Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Truvelisback(m): 8:56pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:

Abnormal being spotted..

You should be place in a can close to a fire.. sad

Don't tell me you are Yoruba ?
This has nothing to do with any tribe. It's just the reality. Some ladies below her age are mothers. My point is that, she isn't too young.
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by ghettochild(m): 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
Feeyarh:
Its normal considering you being an introvert..
Start getting out of ur shell n talking to girls bout ur feelings
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Candidlady: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
Truvelisback:
This has nothing to do with any tribe. It's just the reality. Some ladies below her age are mothers. My point is that, she isn't too young.

Bance komaiba
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Truvelisback(m): 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:

Bance komaiba
Ayeibe ekerimini ehn!
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by rickpat(m): 9:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
Feeyarh:
it's very much normal...as you said you're are focusing on your career for now...my only advise is for a to be a little more friendly,interact a little though I understand you're an introvert but you could still relate with people you share similar interest with...and when a guy is wooing you and you ain't ready...tell him NO .. frowning to put off people or blocking guys ain't too good...so just relate more and always keep an open mind...YOUR CAREER IS MORE IMPORTANT AND TRUST ME;LOVE WILL DEFINITELY FIND YOU..wish you all the best
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2022
OP! DO NOT REPLY EMAILS FROM NAIRALAND MEN!!!! I REPEAT DO NOT REPLY EMAILS FROM NAIRALAND MEN!!!!!
Else if dem catch u dem go sample u like this guy

Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
It is very normal.
Continue blocking them and focus more on your career.
Marriage is not for everybody.
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by 0Tolukay0: 9:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
Am 23, barely go out and never been in a relationship. There's nothing wrong with that. If not being in a relationship makes you happy, you are not doing anything wrong.
It is your life and you get to decide what you want to do with it. You don't have to get into a relationship because everyone else is doing it, you have to do it because you want to do it. It's not do or die.
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by vistarDex: 9:50pm On Feb 09, 2022
ops pls pardon me for my grammatical blunder, if any, it's perfectly normal not to be in a relationship at your age, don't let anybody tell you otherwise, when it's come to issue relating to love, it's can be find at anytime and it's as no age limit, sure you most have heard of people who find love in their 60's grin
For now just try to work on yourself and focus on your career, I am not saying you should put all your egg in one basket, you can grow with love, pls don't fall in love, cause you might not get up grin, try to work on your personality be friendly to people more especially stranger, how do you do these you may ask? try to give a lovely smile, cause smiling is indeed contagious.
That's the little I have to add, I don't want to talk too much on these here.
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
I don't need anything in relationship, just hit and go grin
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Stargurl20(f): 10:09pm On Feb 09, 2022
We're very similar
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Exkandayee(m): 10:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
Feeyarh:
Where are you, I'm single wanna mingle,,but are you bitiful?
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by ukaface(f): 10:17pm On Feb 09, 2022
Woh! It's normal
Don't disturb your head with relationship,no be child's play
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by thinksquad(m): 11:08pm On Feb 09, 2022
cool
Re: At 22, Is It Normal Not Have Had Any Relationship? by Galantis: 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2022
I am 25 and am not in any relationship, did I die?

Most of the girls I thought I had a thing with, well friend zoned me so, I decided I will build up myself and be a better person.

You can't have a meaningful conversation with an average Nigerian girl, especially 23 down to 16 that's if you have tried dating them. You talk sense to them and its like you are talking to a brick wall.

That's why I wish I will date someone older than me sef. I don't blame naija guys bashing Nigerian girls upandan.

Sorry for my bad writing. Na naija we dey.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sugar Mama Just Came Knocking On My Door With Gifts For Valentine / My Worst Day As A Young G / Nigerian Lady Goes Viral After Her Naked Photos Leaked Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.