Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame (23449 Views)

Video: Kenny Keke Ogungbe Cheated Me And Kelly Handsome / 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? / Eedris is finally out of Kennis Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by dafman(m): 1:06pm On Feb 20, 2006
He used to really get on my nerves when he was hosting primetime jamz on NTA, i mean he was always talking too much and saying silly things that I'm sure he thought were hillarious cos he was always bursting out in laughter, if only he could see his viewers
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by whitesoftx(m): 1:11pm On Feb 20, 2006
@dafman

who exactly are you refering to? did you read the post before yours? is it the 5 star guy, the 3 star guy or the NONE star, sorry the one star guy
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by camara(f): 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2006
any time i see D1,the guy just gets on my very last nerve.there's nothin worse than some1 a nigerian with a terrible yoruba accent tryin to americanize the english.and that's exacctly what D1 does why can't he just speak naturally?and some1 pls tell him to remove that prof.from his name,he insults the meanin of that word.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by camara(f): 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2006
opps!:osorry not D1 i mixed up the nicknames i meant ID
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by micklplus(m): 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2006
well, i just must agree with all of you. most especially, the beautiful and intelligent people in the house.
Fine, they front, Snub, enrich themselves at the detriment of others, false image and so on.

i dont know any of these guys o o o

On a more serious note, these guys have their excesses and shortcomings and i will not castigate and charge anyone for pouring out their minds but at the same time, i think we can only get together and criticise progressively in order to have a better output.
at this point, we need to briskly catch a glimpse of the positive things that all these guys are doing. they have been able to make nigeria a force to reckon with in africa when it comes to showbiz and entertainment.
They have been able to penetrate the almighty GRAMMY ! and carve a niche for themselves and our NIGERIA.
They have been able to stay in the front run to paint nigeria good in the world enternainment arena.
They are still forging ahead and believing in nigeria.

Another angle to this point is that, showbiz itself is based on falsehood and false image. you just need to shoot yourself forward and greatly blow your own trumpet or else your competitors are ever ready to block your views and hinder the sounds that is supposed to come out of your blows.

One of the things that i like about america is that they are ever competing and charging one another by pushing and pushing and pushing which is why, they are far better off in whatever they are doing. Bill Corsby was stoned and booed at his first appearance on stage. he was strongly condemned and addressed as "Mr Dry" but today nko, he his one of the most popular and respected american in the area of showbiz and entertainment

maybe we just need to work on this guys by forwarding our advice, suggestions, inputs, criticism and so on. so that our naija guys can progressively be better and deliver more of probably what we want.

The question is, are they getting any feed back as it concerns their performances and doings

we could individually and or generally visit their site and send text or even call them, and i believe ,if we keep on pushing them , they will definately improve.
Gbam
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by whitesoftx(m): 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2006
@micklplus

Think you are right, but you know what? on behalf of other mates, please get us their contacts (their PERSONAL e-mails addy, gsm numbers) so we reach DIRECTLY to them for better advice and critics.

waiting for the contacts cool
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by Grizzly(m): 4:26pm On Feb 20, 2006
What u doin wid em contakts? u sure u wanna advice em, or u , ,.lol
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by tomhanks: 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2006
Hey people,
Kenny, D1, ID and the Kennis mUSIC fAMILY HAVE done much more for Nigeria than most other people and certainly many of our political leaders.Just like micklplus said.
If Kenny is snobbish or cracks dry jokes, thats his personality. I don't always agree with them-but I do doff my cap for them anything.
I think the problem is just that people find it hard to relate with successful people who seem to be snobs (seem to be -as in most cases, when you get close to them you find out they ar not).
If you want to be successfl in life, than don't spend your time attacking succesful people.Find out how they successed and learn what you can from them.
Tuface, Idris, Tony Tetulia could not have gotten the success they had AT THE TIME they had, were it not for Kennis Music.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by diyobdw(f): 5:51pm On Feb 20, 2006
It true this people are moving Nigeria Music 4wd but dont forget that not only nigerian would see thier Bleep ups.Showbiz isnt a fake biz!! shocked angryIts no excuse to be Fake at all.Though i realise level dey change as fame grows, being fake snubs and boostful?! Please !!! undecided They are moving 9ja out to the world but wot message are they passing about nigerians?!!!
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by Maxflame(m): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2006
First impressions last the longest. Anyone with money can book a seat in grammy. They got press passes which is free. They are showcasing Nigeria to the world true but the world gets to see them first before the crappy ID on the street thingy. At the end of the day Naija looks bad.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by luciengrey: 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2006
The more i come to Nairaland the more i see i am not alone in this world.I honestly do not know who allows those guys on air, they are so lame,so nauseating ,so annoyingly fake.What's with the hugging every five minutes ,and the "ma men, what's up men" what gives. Can you imagine them comparing themselves to Don Cornelius,and Rick Dees,using it as an excuse to be doinmg the show at theri agee.They fail to realise that Dees, and Cornelius are not making fools of themselves ,and pissing off the more aware part of the Naija population. I think i begin to see where Eedris learnt to be annoying and idiotic. D1 and Keke are he tag team champions of fake & annoying,and Eedris is the undisputed heavyweight champion.I don't see any one in the music industry taking that title from him any time soon.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by luciengrey: 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2006
The more i come to Nairaland the more i see i am  not alone in this world.I honestly do not know who allows those guys on air, they are so lame,so nauseating ,so annoyingly fake.What's with the hugging every five minutes ,and the "ma men, what's up men" what gives. Can you imagine them comparing themselves to Don Cornelius,and Rick Dees,using it as an excuse to be doing the show at their age. They fail to realise that Dees, and Cornelius are not making fools of themselves ,and pissing off the more aware part of the Naija population. I think i begin to see where Eedris learnt to be annoying and idiotic. D1 and Keke are the tag team champions of fake & annoying,and Eedris is the undisputed heavyweight champion.I don't see any one in the music industry taking that title from him any time soon.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by ocho(f): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2006
i just visited the site kennismusic.net and shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by whitesoftx(m): 11:46am On Feb 21, 2006
ocho:

i just visited the site kennismusic.net and shocked lipsrsealed

and what embarassed
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by micklplus(m): 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2006
again, l am not here to defend them o but , let us just have positive side to people, things and issues because there is always somethings good about people, things and issues.

Most politicians have embezzled our money even when they have the power to turn nigeria around for good but these guys, as far as i am concern, are doing things for our country. though, they might not be doing it perfectly but, atleast, they are still shipping in their own quota ! abi ?

do you know that to make it in nigeria isnt easy at all? you have to go to the extreme to get anything done. in europe or america, they just need small input and the rest will be finished and beautified in the studio and people will like, whuoa ! these guys are good. but in naija, you will sweat and toil and strive. positivity is what we must introduce in all things
we can get to them through their site and the numbers they always display on their show.
positive side to things is always good
Gbam
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by diyobdw(f): 6:01pm On Feb 21, 2006
micklplus -how much do dey pay u Sef, undecided any way na ur opinion but i love to add that, no matter how many time you arrange wrong it cant become right.
micklplus:

Most politicians have embezzled our money even when they have the power to turn nigeria around for good but these guys, as far as i am concern, are doing things for our country. though, they might not be doing it perfectly but, atleast, they are still shipping in their own quota ! abi ?
If our president steals most we say because he brought gsm to nigeria he is good? Abeg lets be real!!!
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by Maxflame(m): 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2006
I'll get them yet for unleahing shigidimigidi lyrics and others to the world![img]http://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209034.gif[/img]
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by folababa: 8:35pm On Feb 21, 2006
well for me , keke and D1 actually defined some certain standards in FM broadcasting today. D1 was lovable in those days of OGBC to RayP, you may hate them, everybody has something to say bout them, infact a lot of people feel they r fake. But the interesting thing is that, they know that u ll dis them, BUT THEY DON'T GIVE TWO bleeps. They capitalize on that, and built the biggest entertainment company as today in nigeria. They r a genius!
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by Maxflame(m): 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2006
Biggest entertainment company in nigeria? Did i miss something?[img]http://pro.imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209192.gif[/img]
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by Seun(m): 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2006
The biggest entertainment company is definitely the Silverbird Group, but Kennis Music would be the largest Nigerian record production company.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by ocho(f): 2:03am On Feb 22, 2006
whitesoftx:

and what embarassed
let's just say Kennis music has no website coz that so called website isn't worth calling a website.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by simmy(m): 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2006
Hmmmmmmm, Playa haters no go finish 4 dis world o! grin
I'm not a fan either, but face it, he's the most succesful music promoter Nigeria (maybe Africa) has ever seen. And he's made a lotta money too. Yer, yer.yer, he's wack, ugly, stupid,blablabla yadayadayada, but like Jerry Springer said " Who needs peoples accolades when you've got money, loads and lpads of it"
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by ababoy1(m): 2:01am On Feb 25, 2006
Like I said at an earlier time, I just got to know (see) these guys recently (They don’t make waves here PERIOD) and because of the debate here I have done a bit more research (against my better use of time). The way I form an opinion about professional people is not to position them in categories. In my profession, I am basically a solutions architect, I bridge IT and business. Anyone judging my ability here will use a global yardstick, and not limit my skill (or lack of it) on the basis that I am of Nigerian heritage, irrespective of where I am based.

That is the same way I intend to judge every other professional (footballers, doctors etc). So when I look at these guys, I see music producers. And on that level and in my opinion, these guys still have a long way to go. They may get there one day, but from what I have seen they (or at least one of them) earnestly need an attitude makeover. You can be condescending or inconsiderate about what others think of you if you really have something pleasant to offer.

And this money issue…. I bet there are a lot of us here that aren’t short of a bob or two, so why is it a concern. Or how does it affect the views of others? Having loads of Naira, does that continually equate to success.

If it does…,
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by simmy(m): 1:40pm On Feb 25, 2006
And this money issue…. I bet there are a lot of us here that aren’t short of a bob or two, so why is it a concern. Or how does it affect the views of others? Having loads of Naira, does that continually equate to success.

If it does…,

[quote][/quote]
My guy MONEY is VERY IMPORTANT, especially when your'e comparing Nigerian entertainment industry by Western standards. You'll be suprised at how WHACK puff daddy will seem 2 be if you strip all his wealth off him. Keke and D1 came in2 the industry with the little they had, invested in it when everybody else was too stupid or blind or scared to see the enormous potentials and made something out of it. Right, they have some obvious faults but then, who doesn't, Please how good is Puffy anyways?, Believe me, I hate these people myself but,stop playa hating these people , they have gone into history as trailblazers of the Nigerian music industry and there's nothing anybody can do about that!
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by monie0078(f): 5:29am On Feb 26, 2006

My guy MONEY is VERY IMPORTANT, especially when your'e comparing Nigerian entertainment industry by Western standards. You'll be suprised at how WHACK puff daddy will seem 2 be if you strip all his wealth off him. Keke and D1 came in2 the industry with the little they had, invested in it when everybody else was too stupid or blind or scared to see the enormous potentials and made something out of it. Right, they have some obvious faults but then, who doesn't, Please how good is Puffy anyways?, Believe me, I hate these people myself but,stop playa hating these people , they have gone into history as trailblazers of the Nigerian music industry and there's nothing anybody can do about that!

'Playahating'? Who's playahating? Dude, you need to calm down and re-read some of these posts. Noone's saying Keke and D1 didn't start something great in Nigeria. Noone's saying that they haven't helped a lot of local musicians make 'something' of themselves. I think the general consensus here is that they're annoying. Simple and short. Well, Kenny more than D1, but still annoying. I'm sure that there's ways to 'help' people, be famous, and still NOT be extravagant, loud, phony, and just plain ignorant. To say that they're being 'playahated', would be implying that all the people on here that have made comments are jealous of 'em. I've made comments, and TRUST ME: the last thing I am is jealous of either of 'em.

This is so irritating. Why is it that when people are critized, the first reaction is that they're being 'hated on'? Geez! It's how life is, right? I mean, they put themselves out there, didn't they? When Raypower blew up in the 90s, could you go 15mins without hearing either of their voices on the radio, or seeing them on TV (AIT)? Allow me share something that I'll never forget: It was July 4th 1997, and I was watching that hip-hop show that Keke and D1 used to host. (I can't for the life of me remember what the name of that show is). Anyway, both of them are sitting there dressed in all red, white and blue, and all they're talking about (mostly Kenny) is how American's are celebrating their Independence day, and how they (Keke and D1) are trying their best to 'represent' for them. I got extremely aggravated with the entire show, because for the entire hour that they were on, all they were talking about was 'Barbecues and fireworks'.

Now explain to me how that is of ANY relevance to anything. They were sitting there draped in the American colors from head to toe, and actually felt like they were being cool by talking non stop about it. Now if that isn't rubbish, I don't know what is. So I'll restate: No one is saying they haven't done a lot for Nigerian artists. ALL we're saying is that they're being annoying as hell while they do it.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by SvS(f): 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2006
i think his site is as boring as minding my baby sister.even more boring than that!i mean if they have so much money,they shud at least have a decent website!his picture looks horrible he looks so chubby.i dont mind him om tv but his website is crap. embarassed
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by SvS(f): 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2006
i think his site is as boring as minding my baby sister.even more boring than that!i mean if they have so much money,they shud at least have a decent website!his picture looks horrible he looks so chubby.i dont mind him om tv but his website is rubbish. embarassed
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by SvS(f): 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2006
i think his site is as boring as minding my baby sister.even more boring than that!i mean if they have so much money,they shud at least have a decent website!his picture looks horrible he looks so chubby.i dont mind him on tv but his website is rubbish. embarassed
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by reniks(f): 10:21pm On Feb 27, 2006
Kenny is just basking in d euphoria of his success.There r 1 thing dt stand out on my list of things i hate about him.Its wat he does on d show where D1 goes "I am Dayo D1 Adeneye"n Kenny goes "take dt back,he is WORLD FAMOUS Dayo Adeneye"Yeah Yeah u r world famous,do u av 2 keep remindin us.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by reniks(f): 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2006
Kenny is just basking in d euphoria of his success.There r 1 thing dt stand out on my list of things i hate about him.Its wat he does on d show where D1 goes "I am Dayo D1 Adeneye"n Kenny goes "take dt back,he is WORLD FAMOUS Dayo Adeneye"Yeah Yeah!! u r world famous,do u av 2 keep remindin us.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by ocho(f): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2006
svs:

i think his site is as boring as minding my baby sister.even more boring than that!i mean if they have so much money,they should at least have a decent website!his picture looks horrible he looks so chubby.i don't mind him on tv but his website is rubbish. embarassed
lol lol lol lol lol lol so true! that website is a disgrace!
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by cabali(m): 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2006
I did not want to get involved in this cos i thot pple will say they like this guy and annoy me but on the contrary we do all have taste and quality attraction

The guy is terrible, annoying, his act is irritating, D1 wud have been better but they flock together so he too has joined the game.

Who do u think is more annoying, Keke or ID the self acclained proffessor, I think they are the most annoying party on national TV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(Music) Sophyn – Bonny Boy / The Top Artists Majorly Involved In The Promotion Of Nigerian Music To The World / Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.