Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame (23443 Views)

Video: Kenny Keke Ogungbe Cheated Me And Kelly Handsome / 2face Idibia Set To Leave Kennis Music? / Eedris is finally out of Kennis Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by cabali(m): 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2006
Keke is not 'educated' enough to know the importance of a website, he cant reason out the spending of thousands in building a website. he would rather spend money on cars and tickets to the back seats of grammy events

2face is just with the wrong peeps, i think and it will soon tell
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by cabali(m): 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2006
ID isnt smart at all, he gets IQ questions from the internet and uses them to get guys to work like he invented these questions, on a particular show i heard a guy on the street wanted to give him a quiz and he said no cos he is the only one to ask questions

Keke will continue to be the greatest misplaced presenter in the nation, an old man trying to do a young guy's job in a young guy's way ending up in the annoyance of most young guys in the country and to say they gat kids that shud be proud of what their parents do on TV?
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by cabali(m): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2006
I wont stop on this, they are the most unproffessional in the industry, they take credit for artistes on their label but do not involve in the creation of beats

OJB made most of 2face's beats, no credits, no props! and they travel all around with one artiste leaving the rest hanging without as good promos,

on Ben TV keke attacked a caller who spoke our minds, then later apologised, he is just an arse and there is nothing to do about it

God help us
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by reniks(f): 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2006
I saw d Ben TV stuff,all d guy said was dt they r old in d biz n should make room 4 younger presented n kenny insulted him,tho he L8r apologized.It shows how rash he is.ID is SO ANNOYING with is self-proclaimed genius.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by cabali(m): 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2006
it cant be over with me and these clowns! am happy someone else saw the BenTV episode. How can u be in show business and entertainment and dont know how to speak to people nicely,

it should be a default behaviour to be nice to potential clients but no, not uncle keke, the piece of hamburger could not hold himself and he made the whole world know how terrible his orientation is cos he could not communicate in admirable english, D1 was better in the situation but he still could not hide the fact that a nail was driven through his heart. It was a case of total unproffessionalism and a disgrace

u will still hear from me on this!!! I promise
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by kasaliyaro(m): 6:57am On Mar 03, 2006
monie0078:

Now explain to me how that is of ANY relevance to anything. They were sitting there draped in the American colors from head to toe, and actually felt like they were being cool by talking non stop about it. Now if that isn't rubbish, I don't know what is. So I'll restate: No one is saying they haven't done a lot for Nigerian artists. ALL we're saying is that they're being annoying as hell while they do it.

Monie, the show na AIT JAMZ. You don talk all the talk. I appreciate the fact that these guys dey exploit or "expose" up-comming naija artists, anyhow you see am. More Pami to their keg. Haven said that, Bros Kenny dey disgust me plenty time. Him with his "must G" stuff. Na by force? Tipa-tipa ko ni YO now. E be like say e don tey wey you commot, Me I saw all sorts of rubbish b4 I left naija. The show name don change to Primetime Jamz, I sure say soon e go be "Meeting the Ogungbes", as e don turn family business. I no hate anybody o, just that these guys should display some sense of maturity when on camera (and when off gan paa-pa). One hour program, Bros Kenny go take 20 mins introduce himself and his gear -Fubu cap, Fubu underwear, fubu shirt, fubu pants, fubu socks, fubu belt, fubu, fubu, fubu, na so he dey talk o -with that hin Ago-Iwoye accent. His antique shop jokes are so dry he is the only one laughing -D1 dey give am some fake smile at times. Do your thing, be yourself and be mature about it. Na you go be Presenter, Producer, director, Editor, You wan be everything, you be God?

D1 sef I no understand that one again, anyway, goat wey dey follow dog waka must oneday chop shit, Na so be your own case, You better small before, but now, I no know.

Back to Bros, I hope say some day, one of PT crew go fit tell bros say spit dey commot for hin mouth when he dey talk (-check the conners of his lips). Anyway, I no dey suprise anymore, As ID Ogungbe sef don join the crew and I happen to see this one wey dey here for US, I know say bros parrern of behaviour runs in the Ogungbe family. ID na another Kenny in the making. I no even know where to start on that one. A very disgusting thing who thinks he is very funny.

Anyway, the thing there is these guys need to grow-up, as in behave like matured adults.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by kasaliyaro(m): 11:35pm On Mar 03, 2006
folababa:

well for me ,  keke and D1 actually defined some certain standards in FM broadcasting today. D1 was lovable in those days of OGBC to RayP,  you may hate them,  everybody has something to say bout them, infact a lot of people feel they  r fake. But the interesting thing is that, they know that u ll this them, BUT THEY DON'T GIVE TWO bleeps. They capitalize on that, and built the biggest entertainment company as today in nigeria. They r a genius!

Talking about defining standards in Naija FM Broadcasting please DON'T mention these clowns, Where did you put Sesan Ekishola, FFF (Felix Femi Fashina) of because, Steve Kadiri, Segun "Shy Shy" Shylon, Ladi Akeredolu, Sweet Angie Babie, the Djs for Port-Harcourt FM and other OGBC crew that migrated to PayPower with Mr Ekishola. These are the people who revolutionised our FM industry, Kenny ati D1 wo
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by monie0078(f): 5:44am On Mar 04, 2006
kasaliyaro:

Talking about defining standards in Nigeria FM Broadcasting please DON'T mention these clowns, Where did you put Sesan Ekishola, FFF (Felix Femi Fashina) of because, Steve Kadiri, Segun "Shy Shy" Shylon, Ladi Akeredolu, Sweet Angie Babie, the Djs for Port-Harcourt FM and other OGBC crew that migrated to PayPower with Mr Ekishola. These are the people who revolutionised our FM industry, Kenny ati D1 wo

Dude, AWESOME!!! Thats all I have to say about that.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by Modups1(f): 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2006
well well well,

so keke is not as popularly liked as i thought, actually thought i was one of d few people who thought dis guy was too loud for his own good.
infact it seems d ogungbe family r too loud and show off too much

now i don't want to use d word hate cos dats a very strong word to use against someone, letS just say he is not on of my fave people AT ALL!

would pick D1 instead
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by twinkiesta(f): 4:08am On Jun 08, 2006
i jus think keke is not ELOQUENT ,doesn't know how to behave in public.In short he's not fit for tv,mayb he shud stay behind d scenes
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by diyobdw(f): 12:30pm On Jun 08, 2006
stay behind d scenes?
Na further away cos the camera stil get behind the scene.
if i could sell the beef i got for him, i sure will be the most richest chic in najia tongue
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by twinkiesta(f): 1:16am On Jun 10, 2006
ha ha ha!lol grin
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by cissy3000: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2006
why is everyone hating on Keke and D1
i think they are giving nigerian music exposure and credibility. However i do think that they have over expose 2 face. Too much of a good thing becomes bad.
I'm just afraid that people will soon go off him.

There are so many talented musician which they are not showing enough of them on their show. everything is too face.

When i went to watch their show in London 2 face appearance was crap they had to turn off his mic

Ederis was better, tictac baba Dee and tony tetula performance was better
It like his their ticket to the big time.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by nana(f): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2007
undecided
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by whateva(m): 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2007
MAKE UNA TAKE AM EASY ON THESE CATS I AINT A FAN OF THEM BUT I WAS ONCE AN HATER ON THEM BUT NOW SINCE I AM USED TO THE SAME THING FROM SAME DUDES I JUST PLAY ALONG lipsrsealed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OWNER'S FUNKY
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by blinx(m): 10:31am On Dec 28, 2007
it's a pity that keke and especially keke has succeeded in making almost everybody hate him. i love hating him. i can tolorate D1. if not for his greed and desire to have it all, him 4 relinguish tv presentation to younger guys and focused on behind the scene syuffs. even if he's not smart enough to come up nice programs, he could hire some one to do that 4 him while he remains the executive producer. look at what soundcity is doing. if no be say over wisdom worry am, him for dey like soundcity today. i no pity am. i went to their site sometime ago and i discover say everything is about keke, even him long stnding patner picture no dey dia, only keke. in short i tire 4 dat guy.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by tosinadeda: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2007
Y'all really think they give a Bleep if u hate them?
I laugh at u all,keep hating while they keep makn there money
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by tosinadeda: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2007
Come to think of it,y use the word hate on a fellow human all because there personalty is annoyn?
It is said dat,if u got it flaunt it.
U all clame they re proud! Y shldnt they b,did u make there fame and money for dem?
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by abdurrazaq(m): 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2007
I never knew that almost everybody this way about keke, I think he should try to correct all that has been pointed out about him. He will definitely be praised again. Eedris Abdulkareem is a good example.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by voltrens(m): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2007
for me their is nothing wrong with keke, you dont jugde i from area boys pont of view , this guys work hard to get where they are so pls every one go work hard
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by bolajibaok(m): 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2007
kenny ogunbe, no comment
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by 9ja4eva: 2:37am On Jan 04, 2008
Dose Aje Pakos wey dey form Aje bura nt bota
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by uchetobi(f): 9:47am On Jan 04, 2008
Wow, all dis beef for Keke. Well I don’t exactly like him cuz of his dry jokes and his unnecessary boasting when he was doing AIT jambz, but when people start complaining about how Kennis music reap people off, I like to draw a line dere.

First of all no body forced any artiste to sign up to kennis music, besides if a record label can offer u 500,000 and Kennis can offer u a million, it’s a win win situation, even if they made 5 million of u, u are still getting more dan d 500k u’d have gotten with say storm records.

Lets give it up 2 dem, they knw how 2 hype their artiste, I doubt 2face culd have gotten dis much rave if not 4 dem. So when it comes 2 doing their job which is producing and promoting I give Kennis and Keke a 100%
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by uchetobi(f): 9:52am On Jan 04, 2008
And in the process of calling a spade a spade most of d peeps dat left Kennis like idris, tony, how well have dey fared on their own
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by holythug(m): 9:53am On Jan 04, 2008
@ uchetobi but it isnt just fair . . .if u think like dat there will never b progress in dis naija, y nut help when u r in d best position to
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by uchetobi(f): 8:23am On Jan 08, 2008
Did I say there’l never be progress in Nigeria? Significant progress has already been made in the music industry
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by eldee(m): 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2008
Me thinks them lot had the 'Midas Touch' in promoting artiste in Nigeria but they just dragged it damn too far. Props to them anyways for bringing back the concept of th record label back to Naija buthey wanted todo everything alone so it could be easier to rip-off artistes easily. A friend of mine was telling me that Olu was paid 1mill to produce the album, pay for studio time, pay the producers just for the label's name on the cd.

@uchetobi
If a record label that prides itsef to be the best in Nigeria cannot produce more than three quality albums in one year, then I wonder what our music industry is turning into. U just helped me emphasize the point that them lot (Eedris and Tony) are not talented artises. As Ruggedman said 'fake hype, fake promo', apart from Tuface and Olu, which other talented artiste is on the label? The rest of them have been neglected for not being the geese that lay golden eggs. They were just lucky to have Olu and Tuface, I just pity Soud Sultan for making the mistake of holdin on. Thank goodness that artistes that have held thier own like Rugged and P-square are sucessful enough to prove them wrong.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by Baro(m): 9:01pm On Jan 08, 2008
Sound Sultan is more talented than Olu and Tu Face, Keke just wont hype Sultan cos he wont sign a milk-and-make-me-famous contract. The like of Slam, Paul Play etal. once suffered same fate.

I respect Keke and Co for being dogged ,foresighted and successful pioneers, but that doesnt make them more than mediocres tongue
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by uchetobi(f): 8:48am On Jan 09, 2008
eldee:

@uchetobi
If a record label that prides itsef to be the best in Nigeria cannot produce more than three quality albums in one year, then I wonder what our music industry is turning into. You just helped me emphasize the point that them lot (Eedris and Tony) are not talented artises. As Ruggedman said 'fake hype, fake promo', apart from Tuface and Olu, which other talented artiste is on the label? The rest of them have been neglected for not being the geese that lay golden eggs. They were just lucky to have Olu and Tuface, I just pity Soud Sultan for making the mistake of holdin on. Thank goodness that artistes that have held their own like Rugged and P-square are sucessful enough to prove them wrong.

Well 3 good albums in a year is nt a bad deal in my humble opinion. Then a sper d fake hype thingy, its everywhere, we all knw d likes of Britney, J.Lo and some few others culd not sing 2 save their lives but dis are very popular and successful artiste, if its d sexiness, or d ability 2 entertain or wateva dat can be hyped in an artiste den y not, it takes a gd producer, a gd manager, to hype d un-hypable.

For real I don’t like d gentlemen in question d trio of Keke, ID and D1 but we have to call a spade a spade dese guys have made significant impact in d music industry in Nigeria.
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by moondust(m): 10:19am On Jan 09, 2008
at least I can stand him. . .but ID is ten times more annoying than Keke could ever get
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by uchetobi(f): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2008
moondust:

.but ID is ten times more annoying than Keke could ever get

I agree
Re: Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame by uchetobi(f): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2008
Whether we like them or not Keke and D1’s name will go down in history as major pioneer contributors to the growth of Nigerian music and d development of Nigerian acts. These guys took d bold step 2 come back 2 Nigeria, farm in an uncultivated piece of land. Their contributions are very significant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(Music) Sophyn – Bonny Boy / Reasons Why Some Upcoming Artiste Will Forever Remain Upcoming / For Lovers Of Rock Music Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.