Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? (1344 Views)

Girls Above 30 Years Are Good In Relationships / Dear Ladies Please Leave The Pickmesha Attitude, Mindset And Behaviors In 2019 / 8 Behaviors Exhibited By Broke Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Educonomist: 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
It has become a crime to be honest and gentle in Nigeria. Everyone is looking for an opportunity to outsmart another for survival. It's a man chop man stuff. You're seen as not smart by your friends if you're not doing crime, or if you're always truthful and have other virtues that are attributed to you. How did we get here?

Well I don't blame the good ones who later became heartless towards other people, because we humans like to take advantage of good behaviors.

When someone is nice and kind to you don't take advantage of the kindness shown to you, because  a day will come when he/she will realize your intent and start to act differently towards you and you'll start to see how foolish you're thinking you're smart.

So, the question is why are good behaviors are hardly appreciated in our country.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by donbachi(m): 7:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
Cos the people u're doing good.does not like the fact dat u're doing them good.

Dats why u hear things like
"Wetin him dey feel like sef".

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by pauladonis(m): 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
We seriously need to talk about this.
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by dhameelare(m): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
Because being nice is seen has a weakness, and nobody respects a nice man

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by viyon02: 8:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
Exactly, if you are too nice in Lagos that means you are from village, we breed generation that lack respect and morals. I help an aged woman fetch water from the well. And onlookers think am from village.
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Educonomist: 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
dhameelare:
Because being nice is seen has a weakness, and nobody respects a nice man
How is niceness towards another seen as a sign of weakness.. people are naturally nice. Eg. Like my roommate here in school, when were we in school hostel, because of he brought many food stuff to school, other roommates took advantage of it , some ate his food, until it got finished and I adviced him never to be over too nice to people

1 Like

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by dhameelare(m): 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2022
Educonomist:

How is niceness towards another seen as a sign of weakness.. people are naturally nice. Eg. Like my roommate here in school, when were we in school hostel, because of he brought many food stuff to school, other roommates took advantage of it , some ate his food, until it got finished and I adviced him never to be over too nice to people

You just explained my point bro...

They saw ur roommate as being weak, thats why they're taking advantage of him, and they'll continue to take advantage of him unless he stop being the nice guy.....

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Goldbw122(m): 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Educonomist:
It has become a crime to be honest and gentle in Nigeria. Everyone is looking for an opportunity to outsmart another for survival. It's a man chop man stuff. You're seen as not smart by your friends if your not doing crime, or if you're always truthful and have other virtues that are attributed to you. How did we get here?

Well I don't blame the good ones who later became heartless towards other people, because we humans like to take advantage of good behaviors.

When someone is nice and kind to you don't take advantage of the kindness shown to you, because  a day will come when he/she will realize your intent and start to act differently towards you and you'll start how foolish you're thinking you're smart.

So, the question is why are good behaviors are hardly appreciated in our country.
That is the times we are facing now, the time when crime will be stated as d innocent and innocent as crime, because even the ones making and enforcing the law are criminals, so your innocent charactet will not matter at that time anymore, this life nor just balance at all..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by pansophist(m): 3:04am On Feb 13, 2022
Op, what you wrote has different layers to it, so I'll try to disentangle it. Firstly, being good and being nice, though used interchangeably, are two different realistic concepts. To be "nice'' is an inability to be bad even if you want to, while to be''good `` is an ability to be bad if necessary. Hence, nice people finish last, because they are the first and easy to be picked upon, without fear of repercussions. They are everyone's favourite scapegoat.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by pansophist(m): 3:04am On Feb 13, 2022
For example, think of a rabbit, it lacks the ability to be evil to hunters and predators hence, it's a food for everyone. It can't do anything to defend itself except to be eaten by others. For a tiger, that's not true. A tiger is at the top of the food chain, an apex animal not because it is nice, but because it has the ability to fight for its interest (e.g, territory, hunting, encroachers etc). A rabbit is nice (inability to be evil), a tiger is good (ability to be evil).

When you're good, people appreciate your act of kindness because they know you can be evil. Hence it's shocking and appreciated when a lion didn't kill a prey for example. A buffalo doesn't escape the throat grip of a lion by being nice (incapable of harm), but by using its massive horn to bulldoze the lion to near death injury.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by pansophist(m): 3:05am On Feb 13, 2022
When you're nice, even when you sacrifice yourself for others, it will not be appreciated because what else can you do except being nice? Even if they treat you horribly, you'll still be nice, so such niceness has no value. You'll notice that there is no single prey animal that is given the royal title of an apex predator, only dangerous animals occupy that chamber. That should tell you something. So it's about being dangerous, but keep it tamed. That's basically the premise of the oldies cartoon "beauty and the beast". He was a beast, but kept his beastly activities tamed, making him valued in the Princess's eyes.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by pansophist(m): 3:05am On Feb 13, 2022
She is assured he can protect and defend his interest, and they will live a good life. With the above impression, it leads me to my main point. And it's that you should not be nice. It's valueless and makes you a prey to everyone. No one fears you, they will deal with you for their selfish aim and you'll do nothing. This is what red pillers mean when they call a guy a simp. He is so valueless that even if he sacrifices his life for a woman, she still knows subconsciously that he is a loser, lacks backbone and can't put her in check.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by pansophist(m): 3:06am On Feb 13, 2022
Humans respond to consequences not morality. People are usually not nice because they are moral, but to secure their interest. For example, it has never happened in the history of humanity that freedom was given to the oppressed by appealing to the moral sense of the oppressor. You take it by force, fight to death, until you become a free person. So you must be capable of evil. Not being evil to hurt others unnecessarily, that's tyranny, but evil for self defence and deterrence, so you can live with dignity. If you want peace, you must prepare for war. To be a good man, you must be capable of evil. So it's basically keeping your sword sheathed, and swiping it out if you have to cut off the snake head on your path.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by pansophist(m): 3:06am On Feb 13, 2022
To conclude, you must integrate your shadows, meaning that to become whole, you must be good, not nice. It is the killing of the innocent naivety that is natural in you, to transmogrify into someone that is grounded. You can't strengthen one, without the other, they go hand in hand. So if you ever wonder why nice people suffer unnecessarily, it's because they lack the ability to be bad, and can only complain without actually facing their aggressor squarely and deal him a heavy blow. We are basically animalistic in motivations, although we wear a nice garment called civility, but generally humans are animals like the wild. If you see the world like this, you'll know how to live well in it.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by cayorday89(m): 6:15am On Feb 13, 2022
Like an idiot used to tell me, "The Boy Is Good Ódę Lo N Ję Bę".. Simply means being good is seen as stupidity. These days, I scrutinize whoever comes my way and I treat you in your own dose while still being nice in my own little way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by helinues: 6:19am On Feb 13, 2022
Being honest is one of the great challenges in life cos it takes too time to maturee and ripped from.

Most people don't have that patience
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by helinues: 6:23am On Feb 13, 2022
cayorday89:
Like an idiot used to tell me, "The Boy Is Good Ódę Lo N Ję Bę".. Simply means being good is seen as stupidity. These days, I scrutinize whoever comes my way and I treat you in your own dose while still being nice in my own little way.

You did not get that proverb. You are actually practicing the message in the proverb.

The boy is good, Apa lo n pe be. If you are generous, people would Tag you as a good person but them calling you a good person was because they are still getting something from you, the moment you stopped having story go change like we warned him not to be giving money to people anyhow even though they are beneficiaries.

So sometimes when people say you are good, you might have been wasting your resources like an Apa

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:47am On Feb 13, 2022
lipsrsealed
Ok
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by cayorday89(m): 6:56am On Feb 13, 2022
helinues:

You did not get that proverb. You are actually practicing the message in the proverb.

The boy is good, Apa lo n pe be. If you are generous, people would Tag you as a good person but them calling you a good person was because they are still getting something from you, the moment you stopped having story go change like we warned him not to be giving money to people anyhow even though they are beneficiaries.

So sometimes when people say you are good, you might have been wasting your resources like an Apa
Yeah, I definitely know of the apa phrase and what it entails, I did not grow up a moneybag in fact money was not something I had, I only have to eat as provided for by parents so I had no money to offer people except my goodness of heart, reason why I said an idiot who happened to be my roommate in school coined the initial one I stated. And he truly messed up until I showed him my other side in 200lvl and subsequent years.
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 13, 2022
It is better to be warrior in the garden, than to be a gardener in war.
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Shortyy(f): 8:24am On Feb 13, 2022
That's the society for you right now. Nothing like good person anymore. Be good and you'll be used, tossed up and down, played, and reused! I used to be a very good girl. Always trying to do the right thing, and please everyone. But I realized people don't like that. You get played when you try to be a good person. So be bad like the rest of the world cuz that's what they deserve. A very bad and a selfish person!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by 1819nine: 9:52am On Feb 13, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Being honest is one of the great challenges in life cos it takes too time to maturee and ripped from.

Most people don't have that patience
[/s]
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by 1819nine: 9:52am On Feb 13, 2022
[s]
helinues:

[/s]
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Educonomist: 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
pansophist:
To conclude, you must integrate your shadows, meaning that to become whole, you must be good, not nice. It is the killing of the innocent naivety that is natural in you, to transmogrify into someone that is grounded. You can't strengthen one, without the other, they go hand in hand. So if you ever wonder why nice people suffer unnecessarily, it's because they lack the ability to be bad, and can only complain without actually facing their aggressor squarely and deal him a heavy blow. We are basically animalistic in motivations, although we wear a nice garment called civility, but generally humans are animals like the wild. If you see the world like this, you'll know how to live well in it.
Wow!! You've made good points...
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Karleb(m): 2:49pm On Feb 13, 2022
pansophist:

Bros, you have finished talk.

If you don't show people you get craze from time to time, you will just become their footsteps. This includes parents, siblings, romantic partners, boss at the office etc.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Fyie: 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
If I ever help someone again in this life ehh....
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Chno: 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
I wish i was half as intelligent as you. This life no balance true true
pansophist:

1 Like

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by pansophist(m): 5:05pm On Feb 13, 2022
Chno:
I wish i was half as intelligent as you. This life no balance true true

E sure me say you get money, young, come fine pass me join am. This life truly no balance at all

1 Like

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by pansophist(m): 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
Karleb:

Bros, you have finished talk.

If you don't show people you get craze from time to time, you will just become their footsteps. This includes parents, siblings, romantic partners, boss at the office etc.

Yes it's a natural law. You can't be a good person, when you cannot be bad. If there are no consequences, there will be no ideal to pursue. Imagine going to heaven, when you're the worse criminal ever liveth. So what's the point of hell then?

The fear of hell makes people to be good, it's as simple as that. The fear of your consequences makes people respect you. The fear of going to prison makes people scared when you call the police. No one fears when you call a pastor, but some fear when you call a native doctor grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by DonroxyII: 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
pansophist:

Yes it's a natural law. You can't be a good person, when you cannot be bad. If there are no consequences, there will be no ideal to pursue. Imagine going to heaven, when you're the worse criminal ever liveth. So what's the point of hell then?

The fear of hell makes people to be good, it's as simple as that. The fear of your consequences makes people respect you. The fear of going to prison makes people scared when you call the police. No one fears when you call a pastor, but some fear when you call a native doctor grin
I doubt the fear of he'll make People Good. According to Nature's Law, Bad has Bad consequences and Good has Good Consequences.

Emotions should be removed from Definition of Good.

An unreasonable Good that's fuelled from Emotions will ultimately lead to Bad Consequences!
Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by pansophist(m): 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2022
DonroxyII:
I doubt the fear of he'll make People Good. According to Nature's Law, Bad has Bad consequences and Good has Good Consequences.

Emotions should be removed from Definition of Good.

An unreasonable Good that's fuelled from Emotions will ultimately lead to Bad Consequences!

Give example of bad having bad consequences and good having good consequences.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Good Behaviors Hardly Appreciated? by Mophor: 11:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
Issokay!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

But the chemistry is Velvet lemme tell it, I can feel it.. / I Have Slept With Over 1000 Men – Popular Hookup Girl Reveals / I Am Devastated Why Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.