Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,453 members, 7,826,737 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests (34150 Views)

Again, Lai Mohammed Berates CNN Over Lekki Toll Gate Shootings / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian / A Nigerian, Orioye Owolebi Dares Donald Trump On Twitter Over Iran Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by nickyvil: 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2022
adamsmith914:
When I first got to Yankee, it was Ahmodu Diallo those Oyibo cops wasted like that in New York, 2 years ago it was George Floyd in Minnesota the list is endless across the 50 States, what justice are you talking about?

The oyinbo cops involved are prosecuted or standing trials but in the police custody, Now did we have the same in Nigeria?? Even the govt use them to perpetrates evil.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by adamsmith914: 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2022
loswhite:
How can you say Yankee is just like Niger? In what terms can you compare both countries? The problem of this country is the Citizens.
A lot of naive children imagine that the United States is a bed of roses.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
BePrepared:

Same thing I wanted saying, our criticism of government should be without bias, this man sure has a valid point here
Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by onlysose(m): 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
The Lord is great, at least for once Nairalanders can think straight by calling a spade a spade
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by tctrills: 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
Femeto:
The Nigerian protests were peaceful until they started shooting protesters at Lekki.
I support the Nigerian protest. But the actions of the American and Canadian government's would be quoted and used as a recipe by every dictator.
They would remind you of when the Canadian government branded peaceful protesters as terrorist.
It's getting harder for western countries to maintain any form of moral superiority

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Olam09(m): 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
He said it all. And some idiot's are on their way to argue again.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by adamsmith914: 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
nickyvil:

The oyinbo cops involved are prosecuted or standing trials but in the police custody, Now did we have the same in Nigeria?? Even the govt use them to perpetrates evil.
Mr Man I am not here to argue with naive children, all 6 cops that shot Ahmodu Diallo all walked free, George Floyd’s case was lucky, the young girl on the sidewalk recorded everything.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by canaan6857: 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2022
I finally found a place where I can meet and date beautiful Ghana girls
egbeocha55: Up Ghana. com. The site is nice. Ghanaian also need a platform like NL to generate their own content

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by CoolAmbience(m): 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Now he has a point..let me see who's sensible enough to counter and prove his Statement baseless..
The countdown starts now..

You dey mind them.

Lai Mohammed is on point.

The West would stop at nothing to destabilize countries elsewhere, with their double standard stance on human rights.

I trust Buhari na....try any violent protest for Naija make you hear am.

Canada for leave the protesters na...shey, na dem and the US be human rights headquarters. Yeye people.!

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by membranus: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
Flier:
Western nations dislike protest but they will gladly support protest in your country

Western governments do not hate protests. There are different types of protest in different nations of Europe and Americas everyday. Even in France, there is no single year without any violent protest, but you will not hear of anyone being shot or killed.

Nigeria is a jungle country, and gradually we its citizens are relapsing into the monkey � status the White people are calling us with our degrading stupidity.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by zicoraads: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lai Mohammed is one of the many reasons I will never ever support a Tinubu presidency.

God Forbid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Lionnation: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Now he has a point..let me see who's sensible enough to counter and prove his Statement baseless..
these are not similar issues, endars were not violent the destruction started after the police and army invasion, protest is right, the last ebdsars protest was basically the 3rd end SARS protest, but foolish government never listens to peaceful protest the youth become more resilient because of the lacadestical attitude of government towards their plight, allowing disgruntled gunmen to be killing them at will with no repercussion
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by thundafire: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
NapoleonHill:

Ask what Trump did to them in Minnesota when the looting started.
u dey think from nyash. Wen u loot u either get shot and wen tsunami happen in New Orleans there was an order shoot on site anyone who loots. But in a protest nop
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
jpmoriarti:
You actually lied. Distorting facts to suit your agenda

3-point agenda or 6-point agenda? Abeg go and sleep...
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lionnation:
these are not similar issues, endars were not violent the destruction started after the police and army invasion, protest is right, the last ebdsars protest was basically the 3rd end SARS protest, but foolish government never listens to peaceful protest the youth become more resilient because of the lacadestical attitude of government towards their plight, allowing disgruntled gunmen to be killing them at will with no repercussion
Thanks for your contribution..
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by lagosrd: 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=307481021412959&id=100064531906658

Hopeless as expected. The question is that were the youths killed in lekki toll gate armed.

Did you yourself layi and your co travellers never protested and threatened to form a parallel government if you're not declared winners.

Just enjoy the remaining days in your astronomically expensive and insecure government
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by nickyvil: 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2022
adamsmith914:
Mr Man I am not here to argue with naive children, all 6 cops that shot Ahmodu Diallo all walked free, George Floyd’s case was lucky, the young girl on the sidewalk recorded everything.

I bet you don't know me or know if I'm old enough to be your uncle, The cops involved was charged to court and later acquainted because there was not concrete evidence to nail them, the family settled and demanded 61million dollars which later accepted 3 million dollars and it was paid to them, the crime unite responsible for his killing was disbanded in 2002. So there is still charge and justice here. Not in Nigeria where your voice won't be heard unless your well connected.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by mfm04622: 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2022
just2endowed:

What sense is he. Making.... Did Canada order soldiers to shoot? How is Canada handling the protest different from ours? What is Canada protesting about? Police brutality and killing?

1. Canada was supporting #EndSARS protesters when they were blocking roads. Canada didn't want roads to be blocked in Canada
2. Canada used Police to disperse protesters, Canada condemned Nigeria when they dispersed protesters from Lekki Toll gate.

If you found nothing hypocritical in above, I leave you with your God and your conscience.

Nobody was killed at Lekki toll gate! Nobody! Again, Nobody was killed at Lekki toll gate. All those they claimed died at Lekki Toll gate have been found alive or were found to have died elsewhere.
Canada declared state of emergency. That means if Police couldn't handle the crisis, they would have called in their soldiers. Soldiers were drafted to Lekki toll gate to disperse those breaking a curfew order. Ottawa's emergency order is similar to the curfew declared by Lagos State. There are evidence soldiers shot to the sky at the toll gate, there are evidence they used blank bullets. In the face all these evidence and no evidence of anybybeing killed at Lekki, why are you still insisting on claiming soldiers killer anybody?

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by NOwazobia: 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Where was your head before sir?

But so far, I've not heard that military was deployed to the protesting truckers to kill them. All we saw were the police maintaining peace, unlike here where police were seen killing peaceful protesters before huloodlums hijacked it and started burning stations and killing police in reprisals.

Again, were police not brutal on the Nigerian youths, most of whom are doing legitimate businesses? The answer is yes. You can't compare those protesting over covid-19 with those protesting over the killing of their innocent loved ones by the corrupt police here.

Again, same twitter had banned some users who had spoken or twitted disrespectfully about buhari and his government before, check it. Buhari who's an individual account holder isn't above the law of twitter. You can't compare the 2 scenarios please Lai.

The insurrection in DC was a pure act of terror. Nobody had invaded the national assembly here before in that manner. Such an act wouldn't have be taken lightly by Nigerians as well.
Seeing this I won't post mine again. It was what I was waiting someone to point out. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by JuanDeDios: 12:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Where was your head before sir?

But so far, I've not heard that military was deployed to the protesting truckers to kill them. All we saw were the police maintaining peace, unlike here where police were seen killing peaceful protesters before huloodlums hijacked it and started burning stations and killing police in reprisals.

Again, were police not brutal on the Nigerian youths, most of whom are doing legitimate businesses? The answer is yes. You can't compare those protesting over covid-19 with those protesting over the killing of their innocent loved ones by the corrupt police here.

Again, same twitter had banned some users who had spoken or twitted disrespectfully about buhari and his government before, check it. Buhari who's an individual account holder isn't above the law of twitter. You can't compare the 2 scenarios please Lai.

The insurrection in DC was a pure act of terror. Nobody had invaded the national assembly here before in that manner. Such an act wouldn't have be taken lightly by Nigerians as well.
I think Mr Mohammed and his likes know all these differences. They're just exploiting an opportunity to score cheap political points.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by JuanDeDios: 12:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
FILEBE:
Once again . Inferiority complex. We choose some foreign activities to justify our actions. While we are fighting for security, good governance , ending of police brutality the Govt wouldn't see examples to make from the develop nation .

Lai Mohammed. Understand that even the circumstances at which these two protests were stagged are different. Oh!! Have we forgotten Black Lives Mattter movement? Lai should have made an example from that..
Thank you.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Truth80: 12:36pm On Feb 13, 2022
Whyedu:
True

make Russia use the person test their arsenal abi
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by CoolAmbience(m): 12:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You dey mind them.

Lai Mohammed is on point.

The West certainly enjoys seeing other countries elsewhere, unstable...it makes them feel superior. Who would have thought that Boris Johnson would be partying while thousands of Britons die of Covid-19?

Naso dem be....dem go leave their problem, dey poke mouth for another person own...

I trust Buhari na....try any violent protest for Naija make you hear am.

Canada for leave the protesters na...shey, na dem and the US be human rights headquarters.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Help2020: 12:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
Maxymilliano:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=307481021412959&id=100064531906658
They are quick to.look for news like this to compare, how about about the good things the Canada government have been giving to their citizens over the years,can we also compare that?
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by adamsmith914: 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
nickyvil:

I bet you don't know me or know if I'm old enough to be your uncle, The cops involved was charged to court and later acquainted because there was not concrete evidence to nail them, the family settled and demanded 61million dollars which later accepted 3 million dollars and it was paid to them, the crime unite responsible for his killing was disbanded in 2002. So there is still charge and justice here. Not in Nigeria where your voice won't be heard unless your well connected.
You respond after your quick google research?

Ok so cops have stopped killing innocent Hispanics & Blacks in New York?
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Emmyxclusive: 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
The protesters were not branded as terrorist, I have been watching the event on TV since it started. It started six days ago and its just today that police were deployed to stop them after a court order was given. The government refused to deploy the military. The way thi white people feel entitled all in the name of freedom is annoying and disgusting to me. Your gov is putting everything in place to make sure the curb the pandemic but here u are protesting for a so called freedom.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Which stupid point does he have

Did the Canadian police or military fire live bullets into the protesting, armless crowd?

Have you not read that the Canadian authorities had to get a court order to be able to disperse the crowd?

It's very senseless of you to compare what happened in Nigeria with what's going on in Canada currently.
The difference is very very wide.
It's a shame you're living in Nigeria and probably suffering from the mess these id*ots have created, and yet fully support them.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by NOwazobia: 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
seunny4lif:

Yes, I know about uniforms men only know how to open fire, that a shame but pray you don’t get deal with by European police because they are wicked when it’s come to protect.
You didn't counter his point.

Has anyone been shot at or arrested and brutalized by the European police? That is the point.
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by rottennaija(m): 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2022
thundafire:
In every protest there are hoodlums that will cause trouble and affect everyone. But the military wouldn't come out and shoot but police will be very civil and only look out for the urchins that will cause trouble till der grievances or agreement with government is tabled for negotiation

When you block federal roads and cause loss of business and livelihood in any protest, you are already an urchin that causes trouble
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by gabbasin: 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2022
kponkedenge:
Lai Mohammed should shut up. The protesters have been left alone to protest for days, if not weeks, without interruption, but they've started taking things too far by disrupting normal Canadians going about their business, interruption of the supply chain of goods and services within Canada and also across the border.

It is also pertinent to note that these protesters are not the majority of truck drivers who didn't join the protests.

Also they have started getting funding from far right groups in the US, making it all the more to look political and not a genuine protest.

Not like Nigerian protest that within that same day police or soldiers would start shooting at you for nothing.

when the endsars protesters sit out at lekki toll gate, aren't they disturbing business, if you want to protest, don't impinge on my right, do your protest and let me go about my business

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:42pm On Feb 13, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Which stupid point does he have

Did the Canadian police or military fire live bullets into the protesting, armless crowd?

Have you not read that the Canadian authorities had to get a court order to be able to disperse the crowd?

It's very senseless of you to compare what happened in Nigeria with what's going on in Canada currently.
The difference is very very wide.
It's a shame you're living in Nigeria and probably suffering from the mess these id*ots have created, and yet fully support them.
Ok..
Re: Lai Mohammed Berates Canadian Government, Twitter Over Handling Of Protests by Beverlyjean(f): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You are never sensible in anything you post. Why don't to wait to see whether they will send soldiers to start shooting and killing the truckers. I have said this before, you are not meant to be living amongst humans , you are meant to be in a psychiatric place, you truly need help. A nut has truly lost in your head

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Construction Of The Abuja World Trade Center (Pictures) / President Buhari Receives Orji Uzor Kalu (Photos) / Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.