Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? (782 Views)

Blu03's Journey Of Celibacy. Total Abstinence / Ladies Reveal Why They Are Still Virgins Or Practicing Celibacy / Help!!!.......does Sex After A Period Of Celibacy Affect One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by stunnert(m): 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2022
Does celibacy really have it's advantages ?

Is there a side effect of being celibate for a long period of time ?

I have heard many people say it increases one mental capacity especially in the male gender which I highly doubt

Over to y'all, pls kindly share your views on this topic
Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2022
Typing..
Seriously there are probably thousand of benefits ranging from your physical wellness to your mental wellness..

It kinda make you smarter if I must say..you also tend to have more time for yourself.. critical thinking.. wink

1 Like

Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by stunnert(m): 2:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Typing..
Seriously there are probably thousand of benefits ranging from your physical wellness to your mental wellness..

It kinda make you smarter if I must say..you also tend to have more time for yourself.. critical thinking.. wink

I like and appreciate your perspective on this
Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by Godada(m): 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2022

The real importance would be the spiritual significance.

One has less distraction to focus spiritually and dedicate one's life to service of God.

Had a friend who practiced this.....he had the gift of prophecy.

He lost it when he started smashing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2022
stunnert:

I like and appreciate your perspective on this
Thanks so much..
Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2022
Except do spiritual purposes, nothing much

1 Like

Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by okoroemeka(m): 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Typing..

I don't think a healthy man that deliberately stopped having sex or masturbation will be smarter than the average man on the streets,with the rate our women are wearing tight,skimpy, revealing and flimsy outfits will distract a man that is sex starved for months,he definitely cannot think and reason with his full mental capacity,I remembered a farm project I supervised that had a borehole serving the community,in the morning all categories and grades of girls from the community will come to fetch water wearing almost nothing ,with water splashing on the t shirts and nightgowns they are wearing you can imagine how it will look,a man that has not touched a woman for months will have a hard time while battling early morning hormonal erection a fine girl with puffy breasts under a water soaked t-shirt will greet you brother good morning,the image of that girl will be the man's mind throughout the day,we noticed that the girls presence in the farm is distracting and causing havoc with our workforce so we just piped the water far away from the farm and sanity returned.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by stunnert(m): 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2022
bukky1994:
Except do spiritual purposes, nothing much

Can you pls enlighten us on the spiritual benefits
Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
okoroemeka:
I don't think a healthy man that deliberately stopped having sex or masturbation will be smarter than the average man on the streets,with the rate our women are wearing tight,skimpy, revealing and flimsy outfits will distract a man that is sex starved for months,he definitely cannot think and reason with his full mental capacity,I remembered a farm project I supervised that had a borehole serving the community,in the morning all categories and grades of girls from the community will come to fetch water wearing almost nothing ,with water splashing on the t shirts and nightgowns they are wearing you can imagine how it will look,a man that has not touched a woman for months will have a hard time while battling early morning hormonal erection a fine girl with puffy breasts under a water soaked t-shirt will greet you brother good morning,the image of that girl will be the man's mind throughout the day,we noticed that the girls presence in the farm is distracting and causing havoc with our workforce so we just piped the water far away from the farm and sanity returned.
Pls stop Makin me giggle so hard pls.. grin grin
the singular focus possible in celibacy allows those who are even slightly gifted to shine..

Isaac Newton was once asked what he considered to be his greatest achievement. His answer was: lifelong celibacy..
One way or the other it kinda bring out the best in you..it's all about focus..
the longer a person abstains.. the less the desire for sex and the more the mind thinks creatively..
I don't know if you are getting my point? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2022
Transmutation is the name when it comes to celibacy and spirituality.

'You channel those sexual energies and tensions to something better albeit a greater cause'

1 Like

Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by stunnert(m): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2022
NamelessOGBENI:
Transmutation is the name when it comes to celibacy and spirituality.

'You channel those sexual energies and tensions to something better albeit a greater cause'

I think you have a point here, because I remember that year when I didn't had sex for almost a year, after seven months it seems my sensitiviy to things had multiply by 10x and my skin was glowing in a way I didn't understand because I wasn't using any special cosmetics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Myths And Advantages Of Celibacy ? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
stunnert:

I think you have a point here, because I remember that year when I didn't had sex for almost a year, after seven months it seems my sensitiviy to things had multiply by 10x and my skin was glowing in a way I didn't understand because I wasn't using any special cosmetics
I'm glad you're quite observant of what happen during that period.

It's been a tug of war for me though trying to steady the celibacy ship, yunno, everybody struggles. But then I use to have clarity of PURPOSE and this deep sense of FULFILMENT whenever I'm on that monk mode.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Available For Hookup / A 3 Days Prayer And Fasting For Saphiere Broken Soul. / I Need Help I Cant Stop Gambling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.