Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

What Is The Hardest Course In University? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Hardest Course In University? (29740 Views)

Which Is The Hardest Course Among This Two.. / Hardest Course To Study / Anthony Chukwudi Mazeli, Soldier Tops His Class In University Of Lancaster, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Antidote333: 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
sreamsense:

What you are saying here is "rubbish" like your moniker. You can not be withdrawn from medicine and go directly to engineering, your subject combination defer. You can be dropped from medicine to courses like biochemistry, microbiology, cell biology etc while you can be dropped from engineering to applied maths, physics, statistics etc.

I had (not too close) friend that was helped due to financial challenges from 300 level medicine to 200 lower class in engineering ( ...due to long leg), but got lots of carry over that made her regret coming to engineering. Throughout the whole world, mathematical related courses/subjects are found more difficult by many. Many students studying law, humanity and even social sciences usually find it difficult to cope with. Maths discouraged many students at junior secondary schools from going to science class.

Many people that choose to study medicine (not all) instead of engineering are conditioned to do so because of lack of in-depth knowledge in maths/ further maths. What distiguishes aspiring engineering and medicine students from secondary School level at Jamb level is just Biology and maths/further maths because they do other subjects together. Which one is more difficult to pass? Maths of course. Even NECO/WAEC and JAMB yearly statistics will tell you which subject students usually find more difficult to pass. No argument! Maths/further maths.

If you ask many who go for medicine/nursing/pharmacy, they will tell you ( with exception of few) they are not good at maths not to talk of further maths or attempting maths at jamb level. Many students that qualify for engineering at University level can easily pass biology and economics than if the table turns to medicine.

I am not ruling out the fact that average students can be found both in medicine and engineering due to influence of parents or admission quota system, but many students above average are usually found in both medicine and engineering departments. Also, nature of engineering practice is even difficult that majority of girls in secondary schools run away from it. Only rugged females usually considered going for engineering, other brilliant ones would have hidden under canopy of economic/biology combination to escape to medicine.

Women are many in medicine than in engineering because women see engineering as difficult and stressful which is true even at University level. It takes government financial commitment to motivate students and women to go into engineering they considered difficult. In reality, considering academic rigour, real-life practice and even in research/invention, engineering is harder than medicine.

Prestige given to medicine is because it deals with human being while engineering deals with engine. Human life has no replacement once handles with carelessness but machine/engine can be replaced even though engineering mistake can be vital and may ruin entire nation or city.

You said most people who chose to study medicine did so cos of lack of indepth knowledge of mathematics? That's very wrong an assumption.

I can't assure you that most people who end up studying medicine did so as a result of passion. They were passion driven.

Another question you should ask yourself is, why should you bother about mathematics that won't help you gain admission in your desired course.
Are there no calculation in physics ? are science students who want to study engineering better in physics & chemistry than those who want to study medicine?

We were all in science class back then. The so called engineering students to be never saw our back then even in mathematics.

Don't generalize what you don't know.
You can ask questions. Go to any top 10 secondary in any state of ur choice in Nigeria, go to their science classes, ask their teachers the top 10 students in each of those classes. Further more, ask the teachers what those students want to study in the university.
Come back to tell us the result.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by pikechukwu6(m): 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
Go study Physics and Astronomy grin grin grin nah the simplest one be that

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Freddonance(m): 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
sreamsense:

What you are saying here is "rubbish" like your moniker. You can not be withdrawn from medicine and go directly to engineering, your subject combination defer. You can be dropped from medicine to courses like biochemistry, microbiology, cell biology etc while you can be dropped from engineering to applied maths, physics, statistics etc.

I had (not too close) friend that was helped due to financial challenges from 300 level medicine to 200 lower class in engineering ( ...due to long leg), but got lots of carry over that made her regret coming to engineering. Throughout the whole world, mathematical related courses/subjects are found more difficult by many. Many students studying law, humanity and even social sciences usually find it difficult to cope with. Maths discouraged many students at junior secondary schools from going to science class.

Many people that choose to study medicine (not all) instead of engineering are conditioned to do so because of lack of in-depth knowledge in maths/ further maths. What distiguishes aspiring engineering and medicine students from secondary School level at Jamb level is just Biology and maths/further maths because they do other subjects together. Which one is more difficult to pass? Maths of course. Even NECO/WAEC and JAMB yearly statistics will tell you which subject students usually find more difficult to pass. No argument! Maths/further maths.

If you ask many who go for medicine/nursing/pharmacy, they will tell you ( with exception of few) they are not good at maths not to talk of further maths or attempting maths at jamb level. Many students that qualify for engineering at University level can easily pass biology and economics than if the table turns to medicine.

I am not ruling out the fact that average students can be found both in medicine and engineering due to influence of parents or admission quota system, but many students above average are usually found in both medicine and engineering departments. Also, nature of engineering practice is even difficult that majority of girls in secondary schools run away from it. Only rugged females usually considered going for engineering, other brilliant ones would have hidden under canopy of economic/biology combination to escape to medicine.

Women are many in medicine than in engineering because women see engineering as difficult and stressful which is true even at University level. It takes government financial commitment to motivate students and women to go into engineering they considered difficult. In reality, considering academic rigour, real-life practice and even in research/invention, engineering is harder than medicine.

Prestige given to medicine is because it deals with human being while engineering deals with engine. Human life has no replacement once handles with carelessness but machine/engine can be replaced even though engineering mistake can be vital and may ruin entire nation or city.

Following
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Antidote333: 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2022
sreamsense:

You talked about women as if they are not intelligent. Let me tell you. Women are more intelligent than men. Studies have shown. So pls google it.
The fact that we have more men taking on challenging roles doesn't mean women can't do it.
Any lady that wants to do well will do it in such a way as to ridicule his male counterpart. The gene for intelligence is pass on from mother to children & never the reverse.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by sreamsense: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2022
Rubbiish:

U just wrote long note without making any point! My female cousin was withdrawn from medicine to elect/elect engineering & she did her masters in uniben. U guys should stop being sentimental. No one is trying to belittle your course, but the fact still remains, u can't compare medicine & surgery to engineering. Not in this part of the world. More than 50% of the boys in our set in secondary got admission into engineering & graduated with 2.2 at least, but only one got admission into medicine which was the most brilliant student in our class then. Unless u choose to deceive yourself. Medicine & surgery hard pass engineering, they are not mate.

You are not making sense here. Go and find out very well how your cousin got admission. No good school federal/state university will withdrawn you from medicine and put you in engineering. Forget about your cousin did master in uniben; where she did master is not relevant here, where she did first degree is what matters most here in this discussion, we are interested in school that withdrawn your cousin from medicine to engineering without repeating a year when microbiology, biochemistry, physioterapphy, dentistry and biology education are there.

Maybe that happened in private university where they are just after money or you never got your information right from your cousin how it was done. You can not cross directly from medicine to engineering except you repeat one year which is vice versa provided basic undergraduate requirements are there. Find out information very well from your cousin, you seem to be talking out of sentiment.

If your information about your cousin is right without dropping a year, it might be private hungry university, it can't be UI, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, LASU or any other state/federal university under your specified condition for first degree. One can do master in any school once you have good first degree or through pgd. What matters here is where your sister did her first degree where she was dropped from medicine to engineering directly without loosing a year and back it up with proof if possible?

Which subject combinations that qualify her for that because if it is at jamb level, subject combination defer. If it is at direct entry, tell us detail how it happened so we can all learn and stop being sentimental. Discussion here is based on general arguement and not based on your school template only. Who knows wheather you finished from one village secondary school where 5-students shared one conical flask for their titerations at WAEC level?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Rubbiish(m): 7:09pm On Feb 14, 2022
sreamsense:

You are not making sense here. Go and find out very well how your cousin got admission.
It is a government university.
Ask questions around u before coming here to quote me. A friend of mine crossed from medical lab science to architecture! Here u are talking about from medicine to engineering.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Freddonance(m): 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Antidote333: 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2022
sreamsense:

You are not making sense here. Go and find out very well how your cousin got admission. No good school federal/state university will withdrawn you from medicine and put you in engineering. Forget about your cousin did master in uniben; where she did master is not relevant here, where she did first degree is what matters most here in this discussion, we are interested in school that withdrawn your cousin from medicine to engineering without repeating a year when microbiology, biochemistry, physioterapphy, dentistry and biology education are there.

Maybe that happened in private university where they are just after money or you never got your information right from your cousin how it was done. You can not cross directly from medicine to engineering except you repeat one year which is vice versa provided basic undergraduate requirements are there. Find out information very well from your cousin, you seem to be talking out of sentiment.

If your information about your cousin is right without dropping a year, it might be private hungry university, it can't be UI, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, LASU or any other state/federal university under your specified condition for first degree. One can do master in any school once you have good first degree or through pgd. What matters here is where your sister did her first degree where she was dropped from medicine to engineering directly without loosing a year and back it up with proof if possible?

Which subject combinations that qualify her for that because if it is at jamb level, subject combination defer. If it is at direct entry, tell us detail how it happened so we can all learn and stop being sentimental. Discussion here is based on general arguement and not based on your school template only. Who knows wheather you finished from one village secondary school where 5-students shared one conical flask for their titerations at WAEC level?

The person must definitely repeat a year. That's for sure. They are usually sending back to 200Level to carry on the 100level courses they didn't do
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Rubbiish(m): 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2022
Antidote333:

Finally, if you don't know that medical students who are withdrawn at 300level are accepted in engineering & they do quite well pls ask questions.

God bless u!
I am surprised as to how people can get so sentimental to argue something they don't know. I discuss with my female cousin till now, she was withdrawn from medicine to elect/elect engineering due to her poor performance & she graduated well from elect/elect eng. & even did her masters in uniben. A friend even crossed from med lab science to architecture my department. We did masters together.

Cc sreamsense
I am not trying to belittle your course, I understand that feeling, believe me i once felt that way especially as students & I believe u are a student reason I don't respond to your insults. Once u graduate & face reality, u will be honest with yourself and know that most of your classmates that graduated from engineering won't pass pre mb. Only the extremely brilliant students proceed to medicine from secondary school. Medicine & surgery is not for the average students, but at least I know so many of my friends back then in school, well known cultists that graduated from engineering. Mind u I didn't study medicine.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by rickyboss333: 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2022
Hardest course in Nigeria is any course that is studied in futo
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Karlifate: 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2022
Pharaoh4rin:
Nuclear Physics. Although I changed to EE due to NUC that denied my school accreditation, but it was hard.

It was my childhood dream to design bomb. I'm still trying it but from internet

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Stamagba(m): 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
No regard for Physics at all. Disrespectful people.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by alleazardous(m): 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2022
sreamsense:

Forget about that, there are many courses in engineering that physics can't near. Engineering is considered superior to physics. Many students that can't secure admission in engineering are usually dropped to physic ( higher concentration to lower concentration). Nobody will carry somebody from physic to engineering directly except he repeats one year.

Majority of students studying engineering are best in physics and further maths from secondary school while majority studying physics are average in physics and further maths(with very few exception). So if you swap, all engineering to do physics that looks so difficult to you and all physics students are switched over to engineering.

Offcourse, you agree with me that majority of engineering are above average, they will all pass physics that you considered difficult easily while majority of those studying physics are either below or at average level right from secondary school and because many of them are not exceptional in further maths before, they considered that quantum physics as difficult.

Majority of best in physics and further maths from secondary are already in different engineering departments; so quantum physics can be most difficult than engineering related courses. It is because majority of people studying physics are average or below average from secondary school and many didn't do further maths from secondary school, that is why they think it is difficult. At this stage, you can only be comparing medicine and engineering because they attracted most brilliant students from science class.

Many of the bests in science class will either go for medicine or engineering. Therefore, it is only in these two courses you can determine harder course because best students from secondary are studying them. If brilliant minds from these departments are telling you their courses are hard, you have to listen to them because they are best minds now complaining despite their brilliances
you are wrong sir, you think we are talking about equation of motion?
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by alleazardous(m): 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2022
Basiljoe:

From what I heard, most political science lecturers are very difficult are rarely give 1st class. I haven't seen a Nigerian political science 1st class degree holder.
you said lecturers not the course

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by kingsclass: 9:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
Archaeology seems to be the hardest.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by sreamsense: 10:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
Antidote333:

You talked about women as if they are not intelligent. Let me tell you. Women are more intelligent than men. Studies have shown. So pls google it.
The fact that we have more men taking on challenging roles doesn't mean women can't do it.
Any lady that wants to do well will do it in such a way as to ridicule his male counterpart. The gene for intelligence is pass on from mother to children & never the reverse.
Read what you quoted and understand it very well before you respond. Nobody is talking about wheather women are intelligent or not, but many women see engineering as more difficult or more masculine like-courses which prevent some to go for medicine. There are more women in medicine than in engineering. More few women in engineering are usually brilliant, rugged and exceptional majority
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Oppy2k2: 10:34pm On Feb 14, 2022
Medical laboratory science na your mate?
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by sreamsense: 11:42pm On Feb 14, 2022
Antidote333:

You were sounding intelligent but derailed along the line.
If you do not have information, seek for it before coming to public domain to spew nonsense.

In secondary school(science class), we have two sets of students. Those who want to study medicine & those who want to study engineering.
Most of the students who want medicine are already aware of subject combination in jamb before even going for the exam. This does not in any way conclude that they did so for fear of mathematics.

I can assure u, If mathematics was a requirement in jamb, no one aspiring to be a doctor will shy away from it.
That aside, most of the medical student aspirants were far better than their engineering counterparts in physics & chemistry.
What does that tell you? It means they don't need mathematics so much post secondary school to get admission to study medicine.

Finally, if you don't know that medical students who are withdrawn at 300level are accepted in engineering & they do quite well pls ask questions.

Rubbiish:

It is a government university.
Ask questions around u before coming here to quote me. A friend of mine crossed from medical lab science to architecture! Here u are talking about from medicine to engineering.

You have mixed your argument with sentiment. Many brilliant ones who may likely end up in science class are identified from junior secondary level. Many brilliant minds that made it to science class do not know anything about subject combination for jamb first. They are only concerned about WAEC/NECO exams. Initially in many secondary schools, science students are taught together many core subjects including further maths, economics.

It is after many of them (with exception of few) discovered how difficult further maths is that they form their decision to look for subject combination that will not go with further maths or maths or engineering in JAMB. There is no way you will like further maths and you will not be exceptional in physics. At JAMB level, what distinguishes medicine and engineering in subject combination is Biology/Maths, they do other subjects together like Chemistry, physics and English.

Offcourse, you know tougher subject to pass between biology and Maths. You can even finish attempting all question in Biology within 1hr, but you can't try that in Jamb maths or post UTME. Many are discouraged to pursue engineering just because of further maths/maths difficulty alone. You are only talking out of sentiment, even every exam body like WAEC, NECO and JAMB will tell you which of the subjects students normally failed most. Answer will always be maths and not biology, which implies maths is more difficult at secondary school level not to talk of engineering maths, it's application and complexity.

As regard your cousin withdrew from 300level in medicine directly to engineering without starting at 200level, it is a pure fabricated lie to defend your interest. It is not possible with federal/state except if you bribe your way out in some private university which is possible vice-versa. For university of Lagos, even to change from one department to another.

In Unilag, you can only change from medicine to any department in faculty of education, faculty of science etc, but you can not change to faculty of engineering without repeating a class. Check under PERMISSIBLE AREAS OF TRANSFER here: https://unilag.edu.ng/?p=5540. It is applicable to other state and federal university. If you want to change from 300 level to engineering, you must repeat one year by starting from 200level provided you have other requirements.

Mention the government university, year, matric number or come here with more superior evidence to prove how your cousin moved from 300 level in medicine to 300 level in engineering. It is not possible in Nigeria state/federal except you bribe one private hungry university of technology.

Architecture is not in faculty of engineering, but environmental technology. Some schools may allow you to cross from medicine/ medical courses to environmental courses, but not to faculty of engineering. To cross to engineering from 300level to engineering, you must repeat and start from 200level. Check UNILAG requirement above or come here with requirement of school your cousin switched to here to ser
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by sreamsense: 12:21am On Feb 15, 2022
Antidote333:
In health sciences, medicine is the most difficult course to study.
Engineering is at the same level with medicine. however, it is Important to state that students who are withdrawn from medicine do very well, sometimes getting a first class in engineering.
That leaves so much to say about medicine.
It is vice versa, some engineering students that switch over to medicine or other course usually perform brilliantly because they usually have sound mind because of their proficiency in computation and logical reasoning. However, you can't be withdrawn from medicine and go directly to engineering, you will need to repeat or start from 200level. Check university requirement
under PERMISSIBLE AREAS OF TRANSFER here: https://unilag.edu.ng/?p=5540 . You can't transfer directly to faculty of engineering from medicine, it is a no go area except you want to repeat a class if you get long leg and basic requirements
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by sreamsense: 12:55am On Feb 15, 2022
Antidote333:

The person must definitely repeat a year. That's for sure. They are usually sending back to 200Level to carry on the 100level courses they didn't do
Requirements for this to happen is vice-versa. 300 level medicine can start at 200level in engineering while 300 engineering can also start at 200level in medicine provided basic admission requirements are merited in both cases. It is normal requirements in many state/federal universities. In previous context, argument was that cousin went back to engineering without repeating class
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Heybeedee(m): 2:10am On Feb 15, 2022
checkoutEnugu:
English Till now nobody gets it right. Nobody can ever get it right
They dont know...
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Funnyandviral: 2:30am On Feb 15, 2022
Rubbiish:

Lol
U are just getting defensive for nothing. Mind u I didn't study medicine. So u won't think I am trying to belittle your course of your study. Every course is difficult in its own way, but some are more difficult than others. Reason from utme, some require more admission cut off mark, higher tuition fee & longer years of study.

Since u are saying every course is same, is your pharmacy & history on same difficult level? Anyone that is able to graduate from pharmacy, will see history as cake walk. But 99% of history graduate may find it difficult to pass 2nd year in pharmacy. I am not trying to belittle history as a course, but it is the fact, same apply to medicine & surgery.

There is no way a student who is able to graduate from medicine & surgery can't study pharmacy. But not all who graduate from pharmacy can study medicine & surgery. Presently in Nigeria, medicine & surgery is the most difficult course. Take it to anywhere. Unless u choose not be honest with yourself.
I'm not a pharmacist or pharmacy student guy. We have many 2nd class graduate in other department studying medicine today, since you came up with the theory "not all who graduate from pharmacy can study medicine & surgery.", You are on your own, can't waste time on people like you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by ikorodureporta: 2:57am On Feb 15, 2022
ictplotter:
Almighty Geology.
Who no go, no know
No of admitted students 23.
No of graduating students 5.
Saboteurs go kill your career there cheesy
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by The5DME(m): 3:05am On Feb 15, 2022
Ishilove
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by richPHAROAH: 5:12am On Feb 15, 2022
BeanmanX:
Mynd, sule 2
u go call them u go tire cool
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by sokkatua: 7:26am On Feb 15, 2022
Whatever you do, stay away from OAU. Pretty much any course will humble even the brightest students and the professors pride themselves in making students' lives difficult.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Antidote333: 7:51am On Feb 15, 2022
sreamsense:

You have mixed your argument with sentiment. Many brilliant ones who may likely end up in science class are identified from junior secondary level. Many brilliant minds that made it to science class do not know anything about subject combination for jamb first. They are only concerned about WAEC/NECO exams. Initially in many secondary schools, science students are taught together many core subjects including further maths, economics.

It is after many of them (with exception of few) discovered how difficult further maths is that they form their decision to look for subject combination that will not go with further maths or maths or engineering in JAMB. There is no way you will like further maths and you will not be exceptional in physics. At JAMB level, what distinguishes medicine and engineering in subject combination is Biology/Maths, they do other subjects together like Chemistry, physics and English.

Offcourse, you know tougher subject to pass between biology and Maths. You can even finish attempting all question in Biology within 1hr, but you can't try that in Jamb maths or post UTME. Many are discouraged to pursue engineering just because of further maths/maths difficulty alone. You are only talking out of sentiment, even every exam body like WAEC, NECO and JAMB will tell you which of the subjects students normally failed most. Answer will always be maths and not biology, which implies maths is more difficult at secondary school level not to talk of engineering maths, it's application and complexity.

As regard your cousin withdrew from 300level in medicine directly to engineering without starting at 200level, it is a pure fabricated lie to defend your interest. It is not possible with federal/state except if you bribe your way out in some private university which is possible vice-versa. For university of Lagos, even to change from one department to another.

In Unilag, you can only change from medicine to any department in faculty of education, faculty of science etc, but you can change to faculty of engineering without repeating a class. Check under PERMISSIBLE AREAS OF TRANSFER here: https://unilag.edu.ng/?p=5540. It is applicable to other state and federal university. If you want to change from 300 level to engineering, you must repeat one year by starting from 200level provided you have other requirements.

Mention the government university, year, matric number or come here with more superior evidence to prove how your cousin moved from 300 level in medicine to 300 level in engineering. It is not possible in Nigeria state/federal except you bribe one private hungry university of technology.

Architecture is not in faculty of engineering, but environmental technology. Some schools may allow you to cross from medicine/ medical courses to environmental courses, but not to faculty of engineering. To cross to engineering from 300level to engineering, you must repeat and start from 200level. Check UNILAG requirement above or come here with requirement of school your cousin switched to here to ser

Now it appears you are taking this mathematics stuff too serious. Let's talk about it then.

Who are the people who end of studying this so called terrifying & hardest subject(maths) according to you?

Most mathematics teachers were average students in secondary school. So what are we now saying?

Again, which subject in mathematics is so difficult to comprehend?
You mentioned further maths? OK, then again, which is the most difficult topic in further maths?
Let me put it to you that most people dread further maths just cos of the name Especially when they hear differential calculus. Question is, is differential calculus a difficult topic? That's even a straight forward topic just like map reduction in geography.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by absalam6296: 8:27am On Feb 15, 2022
For me the hardest course you can ever think of in the university is Architecture.
Meanwhile for upcoming JAMBITE download your JAMB syllabus and start preparing for the War ahead!.
https://inkshub.com.ng/2022/02/12/2022-jamb-syllabus-for-physics/
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Lexymore95(m): 8:34am On Feb 15, 2022
Economics
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by sreamsense: 9:10am On Feb 15, 2022
Antidote333:

Now it appears you are taking this mathematics stuff too serious. Let's talk about it then.

Who are the people who end of studying this so called terrifying & hardest subject(maths) according to you?

Most mathematics teachers were average students in secondary school. So what are we now saying?

Again, which subject in mathematics is so difficult to comprehend?
You mentioned further maths? OK, then again, which is the most difficult topic in further maths?
Let me put it to you that most people dread further maths just cos of the name Especially when they hear differential calculus. Question is, is differential calculus a difficult topic? That's even a straight forward topic just like map reduction in geography.
You are derailing from core arguement. First, we are talking about best minds in science class who in their majority usually end up in engineering or medicine more than any other courses and then use it to determine harder course of study between medicine and engineering at University level.

Students that end up in medicine and engineering are usually balance in all subjects unlike those that study maths science or maths education who are either good in maths only and deficient in other subjects that may limit their chances from getting engineering admission. You see that maths/further maths is hard for majority, it is not hard only because of name. Infact it was generally known as add/additional maths before with notion that maybe students run away from it because of "additional" which was misconstrued as "hard" just like you pointed in your submission.

However, after changing it to further maths, they still discovered student run away from it because majority find it difficult to pass than other so many science students (...with exception of few...) choose their future courses of study or subject combinations where they will not come back in life to meet such difficult subject, which make majority that would have come to engineering to seek refuge in medicine, nursing and phamarcy.

Further maths majority run away from in secondary school turns out to be "a b c" of engineering maths and its related application. Check progression of hard subject from WAEC level, UTME subject combination, Post UTME to course of study in University, engineering remains harder course between medicine and engineering. If you put them in any other faculty like science, education etc., you should expect expectional performances ( ...except in few cases...on both sides).

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

UNIPORT VC Asks Aides To Take Details Of Student Who Dressed "Indecently" / FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands / The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.