Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

What Is The Hardest Course In University? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Hardest Course In University? (29746 Views)

Which Is The Hardest Course Among This Two.. / Hardest Course To Study / Anthony Chukwudi Mazeli, Soldier Tops His Class In University Of Lancaster, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Kemistri4(m): 10:59am On Feb 14, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Why Phamacy is exaggerated like this?

I wonder why even Medicine and Engineering(courses) ain't talked about like Pharmacy.

But I am not science student.

Pharmacy is not overrated. It is the noblest of all sciences

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by OVB123: 10:59am On Feb 14, 2022
DukeJenrus:
Urban and Regional Planning
That is the simplest course to study in any higher institution.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by psychoblayse(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2022
Malik1338:
Banking and Finance
Abeg close mouth joor

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Hassanmaye(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2022
Kemistri4:
Hi guys,

What do you think is the hardest course to study in University?

Me: biochem, anatomy and pharmacy

I'll love to hear your opinions grin
Remove anatomy please
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by yomi531(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2022
Geology aka Earth Science. No be say e hard like DAT oo but, their lecturers are mostly sadists. All over naija universities, u can hardly see a first class graduate in Geology. Their lecturers no dey collect sorting.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Rubbiish(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2022
Funnyandviral:
You are wiser that he person that created the thread, he said what is the hardest course to study, everyone is giving his or her own opinion, you are wiser that everyone, isn't it? Even the op said bch, anatomy, and pharmacy, if you haven't studied all courses, you can't come here to be imposing you view on others. Drop your view, and leave, stop forcing it on others.

You talk about duration, Pharmacy is also 6 years, law is also 6 years, vetenary medicine is six years, same with optometry and physiotherapy. Engineering, agriculture, forestry, fishery, crop science, animal science, etc. Are 5 years, so don't come here to be imposing your view on anyone.

I won't choose pharmacy if I were to choose, I think the hardest course is vetenary medicine, but I can't be forcing my view on anyone.
Lol
U are just getting defensive for nothing. Mind u I didn't study medicine. So u won't think I am trying to belittle your course of your study. Every course is difficult in its own way, but some are more difficult than others. Reason from utme, some require more admission cut off mark, higher tuition fee & longer years of study.

Since u are saying every course is same, is your pharmacy & history on same difficult level? Anyone that is able to graduate from pharmacy, will see history as cake walk. But 99% of history graduate may find it difficult to pass 2nd year in pharmacy. I am not trying to belittle history as a course, but it is the fact, same apply to medicine & surgery.

There is no way a student who is able to graduate from medicine & surgery can't study pharmacy. But not all who graduate from pharmacy can study medicine & surgery. Presently in Nigeria, medicine & surgery is the most difficult course. Take it to anywhere. Unless u choose not be honest with yourself.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by azukaegopeter(m): 11:02am On Feb 14, 2022
Try almighty GEOLOGY. Admitted 30 graduating 5
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by ModelLook(m): 11:05am On Feb 14, 2022
Hardest Course or no hardest course, that one no concern me.

If the so called hardest course is not yielding you tangible dividend after school, have you not suffered your head for nothing studying it for 4 to 5 years

Think about it.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 14, 2022
Kemistri4:

Pharmacy is not overrated. It is the noblest of all sciences

What about Medicine?
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Freddonance(m): 11:05am On Feb 14, 2022
Came to read comments
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by justli: 11:06am On Feb 14, 2022
Hardest course any where is pure and applied physics. No be beans. Your medicine and co are learning.

With medicine, biochem, pharma... You just need to crame and practice enough. With physics, it's abstract, understanding the concept alone can take you a whole semester. If you factor in the fact that your lecturer is also struggling with the concept he/she is trying to teach, then you'll understand only God can save you.

Just to clarify, the hardest course in MIT is a course in physics, and the course records the most number of dropout in two years. Only the best of the best manage to make it through, 95% of which are male

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by iyobosadavid: 11:07am On Feb 14, 2022
Petroleum Engr ( Exploration and Drilling technology)
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Antidote333: 11:09am On Feb 14, 2022
Antidote333:
In health sciences, medicine is the most difficult course to study.
Engineering is at the same level with medicine. however, it is Important to state students who withdrawn from medicine do very well, sometimes getting a first class in engineering.
That leaves so much to say about medicine.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Electrochemistry(m): 11:10am On Feb 14, 2022
What about Physics?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Afriifa(m): 11:18am On Feb 14, 2022
Ishiewo:
You dey whyne ECONOMICS...?
Omo! Micro, Econometrics and Applied Statistics.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by shopwiser: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2022
Keep whining Actuarial Science
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by checkoutEnugu: 11:21am On Feb 14, 2022
English Till now nobody gets it right. Nobody can ever get it right

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Pharmtj: 11:25am On Feb 14, 2022
lordprogress:

Yeah thankGod we scaled through, our induction is next month.
I remember 200l when I almost died of frustration.
woow congratulations. What school?
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:28am On Feb 14, 2022
Nuclear Physics. Although I changed to EE due to NUC that denied my school accreditation, but it was hard.

It was my childhood dream to design bomb. I'm still trying it but from internet

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Fuyinge: 11:34am On Feb 14, 2022
NigeriaB:

Remove pharmacology from pharmacy, what then is pharmacy?
lmao, see ignorance.
pharmacology is just like 15% of pharamacy. its not even a hard course for Pharm students
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by OBALOLA55(m): 11:37am On Feb 14, 2022
PHILOSOPHY

ANCIENT PHILOSOPHY
PHILOSOPHY OF MATHEMATICS (SYMBOLIC)
PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE
PHILOSOPHY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE
PHILOSOPHY OF HISTORY
PHILOSOPHICAL PSYCHOLOGY
ENVIRONMENTAL PHILOSOPHY
PHILOSOPHY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
PHILOSOPHY OF MIND
PHILOSOPHY OF EXISTENCE (EXISTENTIALISM)
PHILOSOPHY OF LAW
PHILOSOPHY OF LANGUAGE
PHILOSOPHY OF COMMUNICATION
PHILOSOPHY OF RELIGION
WESTERN PHILOSOPHY
AFRICAN PHILOSOPHY
GERMAN PHILOSOPHY
EASTERN PHILOSOPHY
MEDIEVAL PHILOSOPHY
ETHICS
ADVANCED ETHICS
AESTHETIC
BIO-ETHICS
LOGIC
EPISTEMOLOGY
METAPHYSICS
EMPIRICISM
POST-MODERNISM
ONTOLOGY
DIALETICAL MATERIALISM
HISTORICAL MATERIALISM
PHENOMENOLOGY
AFRICAN WORLD-VIEW
WESTERN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY
AFRICAN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY

THIS IS WHY THIS COURSE IS CALLED PARENT DISCIPLINE

IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO READ, NOR GO NEAR AM grin
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:46am On Feb 14, 2022
Omoh me wey go dey minor for chemistry. I wan die that year.

I said what I said

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by NigeriaB(m): 11:47am On Feb 14, 2022
Fuyinge:

lmao, see ignorance.
pharmacology is just like 15% of pharamacy. its not even a hard course for Pharm students

My brother!

15% is significant

And you can agree with me that it is the knowledge of pharmacology that is helping pharmacy graduates in Nigeria to earn a living and not the industrial aspect of pharmacy.

Only few pharmacists are into other areas of pharmacy in Nigeria
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Aksnoopy: 11:48am On Feb 14, 2022
Rubbiish:

Medicine & surgery is the hardest course to study in this part of the world. It is not even debatable!
Don't mind the mumu.
Pharmacy that their pass mark is 40.
You are saying it's harder than medicine where the pass mark is 50 including negative marking.
You also have to take anatomy, biochem, physiology courses and some others and pass them.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Adesayo1: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2022
ictplotter:
Almighty Geology.
Who no go, no know
No of admitted students 23.
No of graduating students 5.
For those wey sabi sa
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Fuyinge: 12:00pm On Feb 14, 2022
Antidote333:

Pharmacy is never harder than medicine.
Let me tell you a little about medicine.
In 100level, medical students do better than all science students in physics, chemistry, biology & maths.

Now back to medical courses proper.
Pharmacy students find it very difficult to understand anatomy. Meanwhile anatomy is like ABC for medical students. Same goes to physiology & biochemistry.

The biochemistry you think is so difficult are also studied by medical students. If you are studying biochemistry, pls do well to interact with 300level medical students. Then you will understand what I mean.
The medical curriculum doesn't end at that level.
Those courses are regarded as basic medical sciences.
Now for pharmacology which both medical & pharmacy students offer, it is very glaring that medical students understand pharmacological concepts much more than pharmacy students. This has been argued repeatedly but to confirm, if u are currently studying pharmacy, do well to interact with a medical student at 400l. How to go about it? Test him on topics both of you have been taught. However, if both of you are close to exams, you can test him on all aspect of pharmacology.

The medical curriculum doesn't end at 400L(pathology & pharmacology). Infact, those, along side anatomy, biochemistry & physiology are regarded as basic medical courses.
Infant, the real medical lectures begin from 500Level, after you may have attained some competence in basic medicine.
lool
see ignorance abeg. even medical students won't want to study pharmacy.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by oratorOdunayo1(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2022
Biochemistry or geology
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by iaamxavier(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2022
Aksnoopy:
Don't mind the mumu.
You are saying it's harder than medicine where the pass mark is 50 including negative marking.
You also have to take anatomy, biochem, physiology courses and some others and pass them.

Loll, see ignorance exuding from a supposed medical student. When medicine and surgery begin to have courses that have 60℅ as the pass mark, you can now quote me to liberate you from our ignorance

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by iaamxavier(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2022
I see all these medicine students pained that pharmacy is being listed as one of the hardest course.
The truth remains pharmacy Is really hard and this isn't even exaggerated. By the time pharmacognosy and pharm chem deal with your life, you go begin reason why you even choose that course grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Aremson14(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2022
Omo I don't rili know o I'm sure other departments have their own peculiarities,, But biochemistry is hard. In my final year I literally became a robot. Was so stressed out omo.
For those saying medicine and co studied one or more bch courses. Omo that one una do na on the surface o.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Kemistri4(m): 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2022
Aksnoopy:
Don't mind the mumu.

Ignorance.

The pass mark for pharmacy in my school from 100l is 50. And some courses in 200l has a pass mark of 60
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by nathawoniyi(m): 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
Philosophy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

UNIPORT VC Asks Aides To Take Details Of Student Who Dressed "Indecently" / FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands / The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.