Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,930 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

What Is The Hardest Course In University? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Hardest Course In University? (29736 Views)

Which Is The Hardest Course Among This Two.. / Hardest Course To Study / Anthony Chukwudi Mazeli, Soldier Tops His Class In University Of Lancaster, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Fuyinge: 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
NigeriaB:

My brother!

15% is significant

And you can agree with me that it is the knowledge of pharmacology that is helping pharmacy graduates in Nigeria to earn a living and not the industrial aspect of pharmacy.

Only few pharmacists are into other areas of pharmacy in Nigeria
loool
do you even know what you're saying? OK how does pharmacology help pharmacy graduates earn a living? you don't need pharmacology in compounding and dispensing of drugs which pharmacists do in some hospitals
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by lordprogress: 12:08pm On Feb 14, 2022
Pharmtj:
woow congratulations. What school?
NDU.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Fuyinge: 12:09pm On Feb 14, 2022
Aksnoopy:
Don't mind the mumu.
Pharmacy that their pass mark is 40.
You are saying it's harder than medicine where the pass mark is 50 including negative marking.
You also have to take anatomy, biochem, physiology courses and some others and pass them.
lmao
una too dey ignorant for this forum. we have some courses like dispensing and ethical dispensing that the pass mark is 60 and the rest 50. and you're saying 40 here. in pharmacy school, D is not even a grade, its either A,B or C. for your info, we use negative marking a lot too.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by ogascomax: 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2022
Na people wey study weak courses in school na they say no course is harder. If all courses have the same level of difficulty then you should be having all A's or all B's or C
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by owerrezeorba(m): 12:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
ictplotter:
Almighty Geology.
Who no go, no know
No of admitted students 23.
No of graduating students 5.

Bruh!!! Oil dey ur head
That course frustrate me that year!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by lordprogress: 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2022
Aksnoopy:
Don't mind the mumu.
Pharmacy that their pass mark is 40.
You are saying it's harder than medicine where the pass mark is 50 including negative marking.
You also have to take anatomy, biochem, physiology courses and some others and pass them.
Oga you too lie which pharmacy school in Nigeria that accept 40 as their pass mark, get your fact right bro. Even some the courses in pharmacy only accept 60 as passmark.
I nor come drag medicine vs pharmacy here that one nor concern me o

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by leomarz007: 12:21pm On Feb 14, 2022
Zulez:
senseless comments, courses are different and cumbersome than each others, u wan compare masscomm,library,plant science, linguistic to biochem,pharmacy,law aerospace engin,chemical engin,chartered acc, grin

Foolishness. The media courses you underrate..do u think they're beans.
It all boils down to whether you're studious or not. Aren't people passing the so called hard courses. Do u even how want it entails to read linguistics. Education is not for everyone
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Aksnoopy: 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kemistri4:

Ignorance.

The pass mark for pharmacy in my school from 100l is 50. And some courses in 200l has a pass mark of 60
in 200level your biochem pass mark is 40, the physiology you guys take and hardly pass is 40, the surface anatomy you guys take and also hardly pass is also 40 and a whole lot more.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Aksnoopy: 12:47pm On Feb 14, 2022
lordprogress:

Oga you too lie which pharmacy school in Nigeria that accept 40 as their pass mark, get your fact right bro. Even some the courses in pharmacy only accept 60 as passmark.
I nor come drag medicine vs pharmacy here that one nor concern me o
lol! Dispensing pass mark? Or pharm chem pass mark?
The physiology and surface anatomy you guys hardly pass is 40.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:48pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kemistri4:

Very true grin

Of all the courses I've done in pharmacy school, Anatomy has got to be the craziest. Couldn't even understand a thing cheesy

That course na for cultists grin

Can you see it? grin

You can't understand ordinary Anatomy medical students play with but when you graduate from Pharmacy tomorrow, you start hanging Stethoscope on your neck and be treating diseases you never understood

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by stankovic09: 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kemistri4:
Hi guys,

What do you think is the hardest course to study in University?

Me: biochem, anatomy and pharmacy

I'll love to hear your opinions grin
hmm... physics and astronomy.. cry
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Aksnoopy: 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
Fuyinge:

lmao
una too dey ignorant for this forum. we have some courses like dispensing and ethical dispensing that the pass mark is 60 and the rest 50. and you're saying 40 here. in pharmacy school, D is not even a grade, its either A,B or C. for your info, we use negative marking a lot too.
mumu! You are calling someone who passed through medical school ignorant?
So dispensing which is the easiest course in pharmacy is too difficult to pass at 60 benchmark?
Passmark for physiology,biochemistry and clinical pharmacology for pharmacy students is 40 while it's 50 for medicine, dentistry and physiotherapy students.
No negative marking in pharmacy, whereas the 3 aforementioned courses use negative marking.

Can you pass biochemistry, physiology and anatomy the three aforementioned courses taken by medical students with the negative marking and still pass it with the 50 pass benchmark?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Amah70: 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
Chemistry. Followed by Mathematics, Physics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Amah70: 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kingjay5:
medicine and surgery, if your skin no full, no put body

Medicine and Surgery - the cheapest course. It's assumed by teachers in these departments that you must have been brilliant to have progressed to enrol for the course. Therefore, the teachers don't push too much on the students.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Kemistri4(m): 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2022
Aksnoopy:
in 200level your biochem pass mark is 40, the physiology you guys take and hardly pass is 40, the surface anatomy you guys take and also hardly pass is also 40 and a whole lot more.

Oga, that is not true. Bcm, anatomy and physiology has a pass mark of 50. There is no course in pharmacy programme in my school that has a pass mark of 40; not even the GSTs
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Kemistri4(m): 12:57pm On Feb 14, 2022
Aksnoopy:
lol! Dispensing pass mark? Or pharm chem pass mark?
The physiology and surface anatomy you guys hardly pass is 40.

Physiology and anatomy has a pass mark of 50. Courses like pharmaceutics(dispensing) and pharmaceutical ethics/jurisprudence is 60. No dey argue anyhow
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2022
riczy:
If u day look for gbese abeg go and apply for Physics and astronomy! U go ask ur self laterhu do u?

I left Physics & Astronomy in 3rd year to switch over to Medicine.
I didn't see anything so hard in it.
Maybe, you guys are not that intelligent naturally
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Twob: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2022
sreamsense:
Hardest course in University can be proved from secondary school down to university. Right from secondary school, science class is considered harder than other like art, social science and commercial class. Science class from secondary school is believed to be convergence of brilliant minds more than any other class. In science class, most brilliant minds are either aspiring to study medicine or engineering (..in majority than any other). Further maths remains difficult subject on secondary school among science students.

Many science students run away from it by sticking to economics because it is mostly considered difficult subject than other. Even among many science students who prefer to study medicine in secondary school, they do so by running away from further maths. Biology is easy to pass in jamb compared to maths at jamb level. When you get to university, further maths majority of brilliant minds in secondary school run away from becomes elementary or introduction to engineering maths in University.

As from 200level, advance engineering maths and it's related application remains toughest and hardest course. Therefore, engineering remains toughest course of study. Medicine is not as hard as engineering, it is only given prestige because it deals with human being while engineering deals with engine or non living thing.

U sabi
U know it
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by oliviacute(f): 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2022
omo it's biochemistry oooo
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Kwara1stson: 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2022
erenax:

You be pharmacy student?
I graduated last year
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Kwara1stson: 1:13pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kemistri4:

Kwara1stson, Pharmtj, chijiokecosmos

See what this dude is saying
forget him.. he is not into d system.. only medicinal chemistry and phytochemistry in pharmacognosy will make him run mad.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Yhungsarm(m): 1:34pm On Feb 14, 2022
pure and applied physics is the hardest course in the whole world. physics is very hard but underrated mostly in Nigeria. U believe if you are brilliant, smart and hardworking you can get a first class in Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering and Biochem but even if you are have all this above attribute it is not easy to get a first class in pure physics in any university in the world. pure physics is mainly abstract, requires lot of thinking, imaginations, physical phenomenon and many more like Physics is very hard that almost every university in the world can't produce a first class graduate. pls check OAU, UI, Unilag, Unijos, Tafawa balewa, Futa, Futo and co ask if there are any Physics first class graduate. MIT physics courses are death.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Aksnoopy: 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kemistri4:

Physiology and anatomy has a pass mark of 50. Courses like pharmaceutics(dispensing) and pharmaceutical ethics/jurisprudence is 60. No dey argue anyhow
If anyone should hear you mention anatomy now, they will think it's normal anatomy. Pharmacy students dont take anatomy as a course they take "surface anatomy"
Please be specific when you mention anatomy, don't confuse the laymen on here.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by dukia: 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2022
Na English be the hardest course for university cuz your exams will be scored by the use of your English , punctuation marks , past tense and etc where necessary no be to Dey speak or write English you got study am as course . Thank God say na pol science we study .. we are lasu we ar proud�

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by erenax: 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kwara1stson:
I graduated last year

You are currently doing internship?
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Ekpekus(m): 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2022
Kemistri4:
Hi guys,

What do you think is the hardest course to study in University?

Me: biochem, anatomy and pharmacy

I'll love to hear your opinions grin
Histology...
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Kwara1stson: 1:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
erenax:

You are currently doing internship?
still looking for a place. But I'm currently on a locum job
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Aksnoopy: 1:52pm On Feb 14, 2022
NigeriaB:

Hahaha..

I know there are many aspects of pharmacy! But at the end of the day, which aspect of the pharmacy benefits pharmacy graduates in Nigeria more? ...the pharmacology.

After graduation, what do they do? They end up in hospitals dispensing drugs. Only few few go into industrial pharmacy, community pharmacy and other important areas. Most pharmacists I know in Nigeria are in hospitals dispensing drugs.

And you are here telling me that pharmacology is the least aspect of pharmacy and that is Why medical students are doing it.
Lmao! Just what I was about to say.
See the one that graduated last year is even here talking shit.

You will end up dispensing drugs and hopping from from chemist shop to another distributing drugs. grin
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by Aksnoopy: 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
Antidote333:

Pharmacy is never harder than medicine.
Let me tell you a little about medicine.
In 100level, medical students do better than all science students in physics, chemistry, biology & maths.

Now back to medical courses proper.
Pharmacy students find it very difficult to understand anatomy. Meanwhile anatomy is like ABC for medical students. Same goes to physiology & biochemistry.

The biochemistry you think is so difficult are also studied by medical students. If you are studying biochemistry, pls do well to interact with 300level medical students. Then you will understand what I mean.
The medical curriculum doesn't end at that level.
Those courses are regarded as basic medical sciences.
Now for pharmacology which both medical & pharmacy students offer, it is very glaring that medical students understand pharmacological concepts much more than pharmacy students. This has been argued repeatedly but to confirm, if u are currently studying pharmacy, do well to interact with a medical student at 400l. How to go about it? Test him on topics both of you have been taught. However, if both of you are close to exams, you can test him on all aspect of pharmacology.

The medical curriculum doesn't end at 400L(pathology & pharmacology). Infact, those, along side anatomy, biochemistry & physiology are regarded as basic medical courses.
Infant, the real medical lectures begin from 500Level, after you may have attained some competence in basic medicine.
please the anatomy course pharmacy students take is just the surface anatomy, not the full anatomy that medical students take.
They even find it very difficult to pass it.
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by riczy(m): 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

I left Physics & Astronomy in 3rd year to switch over to Medicine.
I didn't see anything so hard in it.
Maybe, you guys are not that intelligent naturally
its nt my discipline Mr Intelligent, I had friend in dt department dt complained like mad
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by perdollar(m): 2:04pm On Feb 14, 2022
La cram la pour subjects as seen in medics n paramedics courses, some science and all arts courses r easy. Technical courses where u implement ur ideas as in u try to invent things or solve problems r hardest. U can't cram n pour it
Re: What Is The Hardest Course In University? by EmmyOD(m): 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2022
I think it's medicine bc they study almost all courses. They study Anatomy, Pharmacy, biochemistry, psychology, even law.
Those guys are the most versatile professionals !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

UNIPORT VC Asks Aides To Take Details Of Student Who Dressed "Indecently" / FG Condemns ASUU's Fresh Demands / The Real Meaning Of The "F" Grade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.