Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Why Cheat In The First Place? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Cheat In The First Place? (366 Views)

Real Reason Women Cheat In Marriage – Blessing CEO / Many Relationships Are A Mistake, It Shouldn't Have Started In The First Place, / 7 Things To Do When You Are Tempted To Cheat In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cheat In The First Place? by OAra: 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2022
As an Italian man, I was raised with a simple morality regarding relationships:
a) Be a man and have honor - respect your promises. Do not cheat on your partner. If love fades as it happens, tell the truth and look for that someone you are truly compatible with.
b) Respect others, but also respect yourself - do not forgive a cheater, for if she cared about you, she wouldn't have broken your heart in the first place.
c) Your life is your own to live - nobody has any right to tell you who to spend your life with, or how to spend it. The decision to get married, or if to get married at all is something that you ought to decide for yourself.

I have never understood the mentality that leads men to leave their families, cheat on their partners or simply escape when things get tough - seems to me the behavior of children that think they can "get away with it" more than that of adult men, simple as that.

On the other hand, I have never understood how so many women can go behind their husband's/boyfriend's back, behave in a promiscuous manner and prioritize their temporary happiness over what they built together with their man, just to then turn around and "demand" respect and understanding. Disgusting to say the least, and something that in earlier times would have led to social ostracization.

This was meant to be more a rant against the status of modern society in the West, but after spending some time reading the relevant section s on Nairaland I think it applies here as well to be frank.

1 Like

Re: Why Cheat In The First Place? by Flexherbal(m): 10:12pm On Feb 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Cheat In The First Place? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
Lol... Oara, I thought you were a Nigerian in Italy?
Thanks, but this is not the right audience... grin grin grin
Re: Why Cheat In The First Place? by OAra: 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2022
BoredBerry:
Lol... Oara, I thought you were a Nigerian in Italy?
Thanks, but this is not the right audience... grin grin grin

Nah I just found out about Nairaland some time ago from a Nigerian acquaintance and sort of stuck around since the forum looked interesting. And well...the thread was more me venting than anything else I guess.
Re: Why Cheat In The First Place? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2022
OAra:

Nah I just found out about Nairaland some time ago from a Nigerian acquaintance and sort of stuck around since the forum looked interesting. And well...the thread was more me venting than anything else I guess.

That's nice... You joined recently, most foreigners don't stay long... Hopefully, you do... grin

Yeah... And it made sense... Few people would appreciate it... grin grin grin

Don't be a redpiller... wink
Re: Why Cheat In The First Place? by MAGG0T(m): 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2022
shocked

This one minute man again
Re: Why Cheat In The First Place? by ImoleNaija: 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2022
I don't really know why they do. I guess it is inborn.

(1) (Reply)

If You Need A Job, Hop In / Couple Reportedly Die While Having S3x In A Car Along Lagos-ibadan Road / Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.