Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures (34149 Views)

Rev. Yunusa Sabo Nmadu & Wife Welcome Twins After 25 Years Of Marriage / Pastor Drowns While Conducting Baptism At Blood River Village In South Africa / Benue Woman Marries 18 Husbands In 6 Years Over Stolen Red Powder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by ogascomax: 5:02pm On Feb 15, 2022
As if Catholic Church baptism is valid before. Any baptism that is not done by immersion is invalid.

3 Likes

Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What letter kills and why in this context abeg? undecided

2 Corinthians 3:6

It's about those who follow the law meticulously instead of relying on the Grace of God.
The law is the letter.

1 Like

Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Freebills12: 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Gullah:
This is nonsense, the catholic church doesn't have the power to declare people's baptism illegal at all not to talk of over a flimsy excuse as this. The only thing that can make a baptism not to be valid is if it's not done according to Bible directions or principles.

And what did the bible say?
You are uninformed and simple research will help you. All the main line churches Catholic Church, Anglican, Methodist, Episcopalian, Lutheran etc use the right formula which is "I " baptise you in name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Who is the We... When you are the person doing the baptism

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by OBALOLA55(m): 5:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
BAPTISM IS SATANIC
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
OBALOLA55:
BAPTISM IS SATANIC

If it was good enough for Jesus wink
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Youngsage: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gullah:
This is nonsense, the catholic church doesn't have the power to declare people's baptism illegal at all not to talk of over a flimsy excuse as this. The only thing that can make a baptism not to be valid is if it's not done according to Bible directions or principles.

Is the baptism done by the Catholic church according to biblical principles, in the first place? Isn't the Catholic church itself guilty of carrying out biblically illegal baptisms from time immemorial? undecided
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Youngsage: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
ogascomax:
As if Catholic Church baptism is valid before. Any baptism that is not done by immersion is invalid.

Thank you o.
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by OBALOLA55(m): 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

If it was good enough for Jesus wink
YES BUT HE WAS NOT SENT TO WE GENTILES
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by endy69: 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gullah:
'invalid' not 'illegal'. And you finished everything when you said... Not done according to Bible direction or principle.
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Gullah: 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

And what did the bible say?
You are uninformed and simple research will help you. All the main line churches Catholic Church, Anglican, Methodist, Episcopalian, Lutheran etc use the right formula which is "I " baptise you in name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Who is the We... When you are the person doing the baptism
Mr informed, can you show me anywhere in the Bible that we were told that we must say I instead of we? The "we" is the body of Christ, the church which you are being baptized into. You people should not start elevating human inventions over the word of God. If God is okay with it, who are you to say it's not valid?
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by WhatCanIsay(m): 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gullah:

If you understand the power of rituals and rites you will also understand the power of words, contexts and the speaker of such rites.

There's a reason why some words are still used till date in performing some rites.

I can't see you with a woman and marry you off even if I quote 10,000 verses from the Bible. It is null and void till the proper person does it, in the right context, with the right words.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by caracas: 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gullah:
The Catholic church is the church of Christ on earth
The Catholic church is the Church instituted by Christ on earth
The Catholic church created the Bible
The Catholic church is the mystical body of Jesus christ
The Catholic church is infallible..
The catholic church is the AUTHORITY not the Bible.......

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by deavicky(m): 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
Unruly7:
The problem now is using "we" instead of "1"
is "I"not imbibed in "we"
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gullah:

You are just putting the cart before the horse.

1. Who ordained baptism? Was it Christ or the catholic church? Every church has their own way of doing it which is different and so long as they follow the scriptural instructions, they are valid. It doesn't matter what anyone says.

2. Are you telling me that if I am baptised in a church according to scriptural instructions then I relocate to another place and maybe the new church I attend do it differently then I have to be baptized again?

3. The story didn't say the baptism wasn't done according to the scriptures, it says the priests didn't say I instead of we. That's not a disqualifier in the eyes of God, the Bible didn't say anywhere that you must say we instead of I.

4. God has recognized that baptism and it is valid whether the human denomination accepts it or not. The recipient of such baptism don't have to do another one. The only thing that can render a baptism illegal is if it wasn't done according to the scriptures.
1. As explained to you in the article, the rules that govern the Catholic baptism are not those taught by Jesus Christ but instead the law as set by Catholic governing body. undecided

2. Your churches each have their own doctrines and traditions which they abide by, and so yes,if you switch churches, the new business might require that you get a new baptism. undecided

3. The story didn't tell you that the scriptural definition of Baptisms is the standard used in the Catholic organization. You assumed that in error. undecided

4. God never said that! Again, you assume that. Contrary to your claim, Jesus Christ warned that those who abide by the doctrines and traditions of men, what He declared were nothing but lies where the Truth of God is concerned, render meaningless their worship of God and nullify the Power of His Word by their decision. - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. Basically what Jesus Christ taught is that even the baptisms done according to the doctrines and traditions of men is meaningless and the Power of God void in such practices. undecided
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2022
caracas:

Not a single one of the claims you uttered above can be traced back to Jesus Christ or scripture. undecided
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2022
WhatCanIsay:
If you understand the power of rituals and rites you will also understand the power of words, contexts and the speaker of such rites.

There's a reason why some words are still used till date in performing some rites.

I can't see you with a woman and marry you off even if I quote 10,000 verses from the Bible. It is null and void till the proper person does it, in the right context, with the right words.
Power of what words though? The Catholic company here claims they invoke God by using "I" instead of "We" but God never said that and neither did Jesus Christ. So ask yourself, are you sure any of their ritual has to do with God? undecided
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Esesuwa8: 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gullah:

It is not nonsense o. In any ritual, if you use a different formula, it will not work. Using the right formula is proper, even in traditional religion

1 Like

Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by oluwaahmed: 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
November24:
We don't pay for penance anymore.
Catholic cattles

Going by your analogy, that means all Christians are cattle because you are all using the bible complied by the pope. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Gullah: 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. As explained to you in the article, the rules that govern the Catholic baptism are not those taught by Jesus Christ but instead the law as set by Catholic governing body. undecided

2. Your churches each have their own doctrines and traditions which they abide by, and so yes,if you switch churches, the new business might require that you get a new baptism. undecided

3. The story didn't tell you that the scriptural definition of Baptisms is the standard used in the Catholic organization. You assumed that in error. undecided

4. God never said that! Again, you assume that. Contrary to your claim, Jesus Christ warned that those who abide by the doctrines and traditions of men, what He declared were nothing but lies where the Truth of God is concerned, render meaningless their worship of God and nullify the Power of His Word by their decision. - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. Basically what Jesus Christ taught is that even the baptisms done according to the doctrines and traditions of men is meaningless and the Power of God void in such practices. undecided
If your number one point is true then that means every baptism done in the catholic church is invalid because if it's not done according to what was taught by Christ in the scriptures then it's invalid.
2. Your number two point is complete nonsense. Baptism is done once and so long as it is done according to scriptures, it's valid. If you decide to go and be doing it multiple times, that is your own human decision. Christ never instructed anyone to do baptism twice. The only reason why you should do baptism again is if the first one you did was unscriptural.
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Gullah: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
Esesuwa8:

It is not nonsense o. In any ritual, if you use a different formula, it will not work. Using the right formula is proper, even in traditional religion
What is the formula that was given by Christ in the Bible for baptism?

1 Like

Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
OBALOLA55:
YES BUT HE WAS NOT SENT TO WE GENTILES

You forgot there's neither Jew nor Greek etc?
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Gullah: 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
caracas:

The Catholic church is the mystical body of Jesus christ
The catholic church is the Authority not the Bible? Seriously? So if the Catholic Church is telling you to do things that are against the word of God, you will follow the catholic church?
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Yankee101: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2022
Legalism
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
2 Corinthians 3:6

It's about those who follow the law meticulously instead of relying on the Grace of God.
The law is the letter.
That is not at all what Paul is saying at all there. You sure say you have read that verse in context for yourself before? undecided

Even Jesus Christ decreed that those who love Him are those who obey His commandments and those who are His friends are those who do as He asks.....I.e. those who meticulously obey His Law - John 14 vs 15 - 25 & John 15 vs 14. The same Jesus Christ also asked, : Why call me Lord, Lord, when you do not obey my commandments?" - Luke 6 vs 46-49 And yet the same Jesus Christ placed a curse on those who will choose to obey some but not all of His commandments- after all God's Law is all-or-nothing even in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 vs 23. undecided

So I hope you see that your assertion that Paul meant you should not meticulously Obey Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God, is not only invalid but also suggests Paul to be antiChrist in his opinion there. undecided
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Gullah: 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

Human rites and rituals are subject to the word of God. If something is done according to God's word, no human rites or ritual can annul it. Even the example you gave shows how much brainwashed we have become about the power of the earthly church. Scripturally, You don't need the priest to get married. It's the parents that give their daughters hands out in marriage traditionally and once you have fulfilled all the traditional requirements, you can go and legally marry your wife in court and do whatever ceremony you want to do to celebrate it. There's no where in the Bible that it says your marriage is not valid unless it's blessed by a priest.
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by WhatCanIsay(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
Gullah:

Human rites and rituals are subject to the word of God. If something is done according to God's word, no human rites or ritual can annul it.

Ok
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by WhatCanIsay(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Power of what words though? The Catholic company here claims they invoke God by using "I" instead of "We" but God never said that and neither did Jesus Christ. So ask yourself, are you sure any of their ritual has to do with God? undecided

Ok
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by OBALOLA55(m): 5:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

You forgot there's neither Jew nor Greek etc?
MAYBE THATS WHY CHRIST SAID THAT HE WAS SENT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL

MATTHEW 15:21-28
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by caracas: 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Not a single one of the claims you uttered above can be traced back to Jesus Christ or scripture. undecided
"Peter you are the rock, and upon this rock I will build MY CHURCH!"..( peter was the first leader of that church, of which the current pope , pope Francis is a successor)

"The gates of hell shall never prevail against it"
(This makes that church infallible)

" This is my body which will be given up for you n the forgiveness of sin, do this in memory of me".......

The holy Eucharist which is the body n blood of Christ ( real) is today the nucleus n fulcrum of the Catholic church. This makes it the mystical body of Christ.....

" Receive the holy spirit , what ever you bind on earth is bind in heaven, whatever you loose on earth is also loose in heaven".....

This gives the church Authority over any, including the bible........

The above are well quoted in the Bible....

5 Likes

Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by November24(f): 5:28pm On Feb 15, 2022
oluwaahmed:

Going by your analogy, that means all Christians are cattle because you are all using the bible complied by the pope. cheesy

Which Pope... Guy relax abeg...i read scriptures not Bible, Jesus read the scriptures, was it your Antichrist Pope that wrote it? Which Bible did Paul read? Or Peter? Or Abraham?

They did better than my generation without this compilation
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
May the lord av mercy
Amen oo!
Re: Father Andres Arango Resigns After 25 Years Over Invalid Baptism - Pictures by Osanoghodua1: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2022
The baptism is highly very valid and even more valid than the office of the Pope. The spirit of God recognizes the intent of the heart even even the English construction was wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Will You Be Celebrating Your Easter Today? / "Things Are Not Going Well For Us" Happieboys Apologise To Apostle Chinyere (vid / Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.