Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,655 members, 7,851,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:41 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294652 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 11:42am On Feb 13, 2012
diordaves:

^^^

Roben, you got yourself an awesome edifice and thanks for the trouble of updating us with yet another type of roofing sheet. Just a quick one: I noticed you have designed and built (nog) your roof before going out to scout for your choice sheet. My question is; did you design your roof to the specification of the sheet shown? If yes, what if you did not find the sheet in your search wouldn't that have resulted in changing the nogging design thereby increasing more cost?

I asked this question because I have noticed that some of us here first nog our roof and then go in search of sheet type. Please folks note that this is wrong. Different sheet with different nogging design. Be specific and if possible secure your sheet first before nogging to the specification of the sheet. Also note that some sheets (especially the imported ones) are designed to use less wood in the roofing process, while some sheets are very wasteful in timber use.

I completely agree with you!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 11:52am On Feb 13, 2012
@Roben

Please, what is the cost of that sheet per sqm?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ROBEN(m): 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2012
steo:

@Roben,
Firstly, that is a massive house you have there and congrats for your effort so far. Is that 4 flats of 3 bedrooms?
Secondly, I think most builders follow the same steps you described up there and that answered the question by Diordaves as you already have in mind the precise roofing sheet design to be used before noggin.

Finally, thank you for getting back to us with that new design roofing sheet. I have already falling in love with it and hope they have it in coffee colour.

Thanks bro!!

Thanks Steo, Its actually a 5 bedroom duplex at the front, while behind, i have a self contained(room, parlour with its own toilet and kitchen) downstairs and a 2-bedroom flat upstairs.
About colours of the roofing, its same aluminium that is normally used as either longspan or step tiles but d difference is in the corrugation, so if there is coffee colour in normal aluminium roofing sheets then there must be in this my type.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2012
ROBEN:

Thanks Steo, Its actually a 5 bedroom duplex at the front, while behind, i have a self contained(room, parlour with its own toilet and kitchen) downstairs and a 2-bedroom flat upstairs.
About colours of the roofing, its same aluminium that is normally used as either longspan or step tiles but d difference is in the corrugation, so if there is coffee colour in normal aluminium roofing sheets then there must be in this my type.

Thanks for getting back to me. Hopefully I can find it in Lagos come April, if not I would run coming back to you for the contact in East.
That is massive project you have and please oh, share the price per sqm if you don't mind.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ROBEN(m): 12:36pm On Feb 13, 2012
steo:

@Roben

Please, what is the cost of that sheet per sqm?

I think it is NGN1,670.00/SQM though it all depends on the guage of the aluminium and the make. Mine is First aluminium 4.5 for the sheets, 5.5 for the ridges. If U go 4 Sumo product or other type of aluminium, it becomes much cheaper. Depends on ur choice and taste
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by steo: 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2012
That helps a lot, thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ROBEN(m): 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2012
ROBEN:

I think it is NGN1,670.00/SQM though it all depends on the guage of the aluminium and the make. Mine is First aluminium 4.5 for the sheets, 5.5 for the ridges. If U go 4 Sumo product or other type of aluminium, it becomes much cheaper. Depends on ur choice and taste

Sorry, just checked where I recorded the costs, the price I paid is NGN1,570.00/SQM. sorry 4 dat mix up
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2012
@Roben

I really like the design of your roof. Could you please let me know where you bought the roofing sheets? It looks really nice.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ROBEN(m): 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2012
payless:

@Roben

I really like the design of your roof. Could you please let me know where you bought the roofing sheets? It looks really nice.

It was from Anambra State. I sent the roofers there who took the measurement. If U need them, I cud direct them to U as soon as they are thru with mine. Where is ur property located?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by X2X(m): 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2012
I have observed (see spyder and robben's roofs for example) that nowadays people tend to have higher pitches on their roofs (compared to buildings of the 1990's and early 2000's). Is there some kind of reason for this trend or is it just considered fashionable?

High pitches are common in temperate climates due to the need for steep slopes (to discourage  build up of snow) on roofs. I think a low pitch roof would not only suffice in Nigeria but would also be cheaper (less Aluminium). I am therefore a bit at a loss why our people tend to prefer high pitch roofs nowadays. Am I missing something?

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2012
payless:

@Roben

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2012
ROBEN:

It was from Anambra State. I sent the roofers there who took the measurement. If U need them, I cud direct them to U as soon as they are thru with mine. Where is ur property located?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by ROBEN(m): 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2012
^^^^^^^ I will as soon as they are thru with mine. The Company is based in Onitsha, even the guys doing the work for me are based in the east. Where is ur property located located?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2012
Reporting for learning . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2012
ROBEN:

^^^^^^^ I will as soon as they are thru with mine. The Company is based in Onitsha, even the guys doing the work for me are based in the east. Where is ur property located located?

Mine is located at Idi Aba, Abeokuta. Very close to Federal Medical Centre.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ferya(f): 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2012
@ Oga diordaves

The roofing sheet looks cool to me and your house is so nice grin Keep it up!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by widesheds: 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2012
I too would agree to that, I just loved the sheet that's quite a good color you have selected. I think that it will make the house look a little more versatile. I would also have a special mentioning about the house that you have built, its quite a huge one and also like the design of the house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:18pm On Feb 13, 2012
X-2-X:

I have observed (see spyder and robben's roofs for example) that nowadays people tend to have higher pitches on their roofs (compared to buildings of the 1990's and early 2000's). Is there some kind of reason for this trend or is it just considered fashionable?

High pitches are common in temperate climates due to the need for steep slopes (to discourage  build up of snow) on roofs. I think a low pitch roof would not only suffice in Nigeria but would also be cheaper (less Aluminium). I am therefore a bit at a loss why our people tend to prefer high pitch roofs nowadays. Am I missing something?

For me it was the design, just loved the steps.

I will go and cover the completed roofing pictures in this site and the pictures will be here live by tomorrow evening.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:47am On Feb 14, 2012
Lokiing forward t seeing the pix . . . ave fun
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:04am On Feb 14, 2012
Pictures taken, will send later
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by hasyak(m): 10:44am On Feb 14, 2012
X-2-X:

i thing its more for the appeal and looks, as considerations
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gabbytabby: 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
My experience has been that if you are not able to closely monitor they will change your plan and then act like they have done you a favour even having the guts to expect you to pay them extra for the mess up. At times its difficult to get through that simple things like the position of the door is very important. The older they are the more difficult it is cos they know what is best for you. Now we do our own supervision. I had to redesign all the frontage and fit in the extra toilet which was excluded so many adjustments its unbelievable.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gabbytabby: 12:32pm On Feb 14, 2012
I need to pick your brains re a project that is in the pipeline. The plan is to do the shell in as little time as possible and we have decided to approach the project by first doing the

1) foundation, german floor and decking and
2) the blockwork for the 2 floors

Any advice on any downside, potential pitfalls and the like of doint it this way.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2012
spyder880:

Pictures taken, will send later
Oga spyder well done my brother,just waiting to see the pictures and i will be very happy if u can post the cost, my house is at roofing level in Anambra. Thanks my brother u are doing a great job.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:48pm On Feb 14, 2012
^^^^ Am sure I have updated all costs for building this house till this stage. The only costs not posted yet is the additional plastering work currently going on.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2012
Oga spyder ok let me check the cost of roofing, thanks nd Godbless.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2012
spyder880:

^^^^ Am sure I have updated all costs for building this house till this stage. The only costs not posted yet is the additional plastering work currently going on.

Which part of the house is that?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Rassco(m): 4:05pm On Feb 14, 2012
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2012
the roofing pictures as promised.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:54pm On Feb 14, 2012
more, had to climb the fence to get this one, if only I can find taller structures to stand and cover this roofing very well.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:58pm On Feb 14, 2012
more angles

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:02am On Feb 15, 2012
from the back of the house

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.