Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,427 members, 7,850,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:31 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (294626 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2012
Then this small space in the inside of this balcony, around this window, up till down will be the tiles I am planning. How do you guys match colours, which of these tiles will match that space best, taking the green roof, cream window frames with tinted green window glasses, likely cream and almond green combination walls, which tile among these will match that front?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2012
first

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On Feb 27, 2012
second

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:29pm On Feb 27, 2012
third

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
fourth

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by sixtus4: 11:33pm On Feb 27, 2012
spyder baba for me i choose the last one
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:35pm On Feb 27, 2012
some more tiles

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:37pm On Feb 27, 2012
sixtus4:

spyder baba for me i choose the last one

Any special reasons bro?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:41pm On Feb 27, 2012
other tiles in the shop which could be used for other purposes.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 11:43pm On Feb 27, 2012
The first one, it as more black stones which goes with any colour and it does not fade with time.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:44pm On Feb 27, 2012
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2012
olubuffett:

The first one, it as more black stones which goes with any colour and it does not fade with time.

Good point, Thank you sir.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 11:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
i will choose the third.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:51pm On Feb 27, 2012
benimeogu:

i will choose the third.

Bro Ben, please help me with points that made you choose the third?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
you are wellcome! make sure the tinted window is a bit light, not the dark thick one, it should just compliment the roof.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:00am On Feb 28, 2012
Okay, I had already paid for the local security doors shown in the last pages of this thread but this morning, I changed my mind, called my welder and told him to hold on on the local doors, then I went to the market and bought these foreign doors (China model). The door will be for my front entrance and the back exit doors, all other internal doors are going to be wooden for now cheesy

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:02am On Feb 28, 2012
And the welder just delivered my iron window protectors

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:04am On Feb 28, 2012
olubuffett:

you are wellcome! make sure the tinted window is a bit light, not the dark thick one, it should just compliment the roof.

Yes you are right, it will be light green, thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 12:25am On Feb 28, 2012
@Prof Spyder, Can you add those lovely tiles after you have done the plastering or must it be before? I like them a lot. Nothing beat being on the ground while your house is being built!

Opportunity to stamp your taste mehn!!! Welldone!

I like those your proctector design by the way.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:31am On Feb 28, 2012
Demain_man:

@Prof Spyder, Can you add those lovely tiles after you have done the plastering or must it be before? I like them a lot. Nothing beat being on the ground while your house is being built!

Opportunity to stamp your taste mehn!!! Welldone!

I like those your proctector design by the way.

Thank you bros, I love to do the wall tiles without plastering. It looks to me like a waste of money to plaster and then hide the plastering with tiles.

Bros, it takes a creative builder to look at the market and show you what is on ground and then use it for your house, including the latest designs in the market. If you have a good builder who is in tune with current happenings, he will give you suggestions and handle the job like you are here, that's why you are paying him na
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:36am On Feb 28, 2012
And talking of creativity, I have been looking at these types of materials, we call them the glass blocks, it passes some light into the house and that is why I am planning to use it in my stairway back windows, to provide light and still make it impossible for someone outside to see through your house especially from taller buildings. I have seen a foreign film where the good guy shot and killed the bad guy from a window with a snipping bullet.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 1:05am On Feb 28, 2012
^^^nice! i was about to ask if you have tought of using glass blocks, i  could see your intentions; reduce cost while maintaining great finishing.
are you sure you won't be having swimming pool?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by egin(m): 1:55am On Feb 28, 2012
spyder880:

Okay, I had already paid for the local security doors shown in the last pages of this thread but this morning, I changed my mind, called my welder and told him to hold on on the local doors, then I went to the market and bought these foreign doors (China model). The door will be for my front entrance and the back exit doors, all other internal doors are going to be wooden for now cheesy

What size is the door and how much? Is the frame also included?
Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by CHANCEMAN: 3:13am On Feb 28, 2012
Spyder880 your coverage area reach Akwa Ibom state?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:49am On Feb 28, 2012
egin:

What size is the door and how much? Is the frame also included?
Thanks

Sure, the frame is included, 4ft wide and the price is not too high, wait till I unveil the door when it will be mounted before the price will come into the calculations. cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:52am On Feb 28, 2012
CHANCEMAN:

Spyder880 your coverage area reach Akwa Ibom state?

Depending on a lot of things sir.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 5:48am On Feb 28, 2012
Spyder, I have some reservation on using the glassy tiles on your walk way, kindly put into consideration when u r old u could slip off u know ( God forbid) and kids also should be considered incase their is water spill or something, just thinking it's wise for tiles on the walkway or stirecase should have some rough edge cos of frictional impact !
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by VIPICO(m): 10:33am On Feb 28, 2012
Ogbefi_007:

Spyder, I have some reservation on using the glassy tiles on your walk way, kindly put into consideration when u r old u could slip off u know ( God forbid) and kids also should be considered incase their is water spill or something, just thinking it's wise for tiles on the walkway or stirecase should have some rough edge cos of frictional impact !

The glass blocks are supposed to serve as part of the wall, not as floor tiles. Or am I missing something?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 11:18am On Feb 28, 2012
Prof. How much are those glass blocks? they are really cool.

Yes I have plastered my house but would love to borrow those tiles idea. How much are we looking at for those tiles Sir?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 11:34am On Feb 28, 2012
Vipco, for that I think I m the one that got it twisted, I m wiser now, glassy tiles on the wall will come out classy!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2012
VIPICO:

The glass blocks are supposed to serve as part of the wall, not as floor tiles. Or am I missing something?

You are right Vipico, maybe Ogbefi didnt understand my explanation.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by benimeogu(f): 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
D

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.