Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293336 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2011
Updates oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 3:13am On Jul 10, 2011
@spyder; congrats!!!!! May you and your family continue to know happiness
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:25am On Jul 10, 2011
diordaves:

Just out of curiosity, will a German floor be also ded/done to this house or was there one already?

Spyder880, in support for such renovation, you need to answer the above question. We all know that the big issue with oversite slab (German floor), is to help spread the overhead load hence ensuring stability. We have not seen the inside of the posted renovation, but we can deduce from the little we have seen that the current structure is bigger i.e longer and wider than the old structure right Spyder880? If this is the case, for those of us against such renovation, this is our fear:

# The internal core of the old building couldn't have been possibly dug up, sand filled, rammed to accommodated a German floor as we know it if the old partitioning walls are still standing.

# since we deduced that the current structure is bigger, was the external area dug up for a German floor. Possibly not. We are talking of a three storey building here. Building more beams and pillars without a German floor to spread the load may not be enough.

Yes Spyder880, you are right. It is not only cement mix that bring down building. It is not only building without German floor also, but the over creativity of some of our COREN certified structural engineers which results in an amalgam of design failure that brings down buildings. In life it is always better and cheaper to adopt the simpler way. And the simpler way on this occasion is to tear down the old structure and in its place, a three storey building.

Brabus, just to let you know, if you don't already, that no where in the west will a 50 years old, structurally unstable bungalow be renovated into a three storey tenement building. Only in Nigeria.

Sorry I didn't take pictures inside as its dark there, the whole partitioning walls were removed and a new German floor was done in that renovation, it even seems to me they want a hall on the ground floor as there is still no new walls there now. There was no shift from the old floor space as there are houses all around this one, that house is standing on very expensive land and you cannot demolish your house or lose it!

Now the real gist, in Enugu there is a set of unwritten rules which stipulates that once a lease is 99 years (as enshrined in our constitution) you go and renegotiate and re buy the land. Most old houses on this street are past 99 years, all bungalows. The new owner of this house cannot knock down this bungalow completely or the youths will invade the premises and reclaim the land since the lease is expired. That is why some houses in coal camp, Ogui area and Obiagu are not totally demolished before a renovation. But that old structure don't look 99 years to me sha.

Now what are you guys arguing about, against improper renovations or against renovations altogether? So we must demolish completely all houses, where is this law made and by who?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Demainman1: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2011
@Spyder, Congrats to you on your new arrival.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by AmAlone: 10:10am On Jul 10, 2011
spyder880:

Sorry I didn't take pictures inside as its dark there, the whole partitioning walls were removed and a new German floor was done in that renovation, it even seems to me they want a hall on the ground floor as there is still no new walls there now. There was no shift from the old floor space as there are houses all around this one, that house is standing on very expensive land and you cannot demolish your house or lose it!

Now the real gist, in Enugu there is a set of unwritten rules which stipulates that once a lease is 99 years (as enshrined in our constitution) you go and renegotiate and re buy the land. Most old houses on this street are past 99 years, all bungalows. The new owner of this house cannot knock down this bungalow completely or the youths will invade the premises and reclaim the land since the lease is expired. That is why some houses in coal camp, Ogui area and Obiagu are not totally demolished before a renovation. But that old structure don't look 99 years to me sha.

Now what are you guys arguing about, against improper renovations or against renovations altogether? So we must demolish completely all houses, where is this law made and by who?

Story Storey!!!!

That sounds untrue!!!! If I try to rebuild my house, the youth will come and claim it - LMFAO Even in Lagos
where our Omo onile are very aggressive, you can never see something like that!!!! - EVER!!!! What I know s possible is that, they
can sell your land if you demonish and leave it unoccupied for a long period of time. And it is impossible for them to sell when you
have an eye on the property. Lastly, documents like C of O last for 99years. And that house don't look 100years old to me!!! So how
do we assume the document of the property has expired? The damn owner of that house should have tear up that thing before building
a new house!!!! If ur slippers cut, e don cut be that. No try amend am, because it can never be like new one!!!

Common Sense!!!

For the record, I don't believe a new german floor was done on that build. Neither do I believe all the walls inside were demonish in order to
place the new german floor. For the record, a german floor is useless if it did no cover the external walls of a building. It is just like a normal
flooring if it did not cover the external wall/block work. Peace!!!!

For your question where is the law made and by who. Bros if you study Engineering very well you will know for sure stuffs like that are not very adviceable.  - Common Sense!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by XNLEO9(m): 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2011
@ spyder
congratulation for the new addition to your family, im glad mother and baby are doing fine. spyder this chris from US.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by kuntash: 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2011
Congrats Spyder on d lords blessing to ur life,

wrt d thread its like its easier for u to upload pics now unlike some months back, well done, but furnish us more about pics related to this topic - and stop tempting us to relocate to Enugu.

Whats the cost of building a 6-bedroomm Duplex in Enugu pls?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2011
Where are dem pix now . . . Oga you no do good for your boyz oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Sagewood: 3:00am On Jul 11, 2011
Congrats to the Spyder and his family. May the arrival of the new baby usher in ground breaking opportunities for your family!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fiver: 4:26am On Jul 11, 2011
What is German floor? Do they use wooden floor in Nigeria is it advisable?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fiver: 4:30am On Jul 11, 2011
this, i notice most houses have almost very similar products from foundation to roofing materials

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by AmAlone: 8:20am On Jul 11, 2011
Seriously, the Interest I have for the thread, I've Lost It Sometime Ago undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Bros, spyder how far for ur project na Abeg keep the fire burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2011
Lose interest ke, Receive your zeal back by God's grace.

You cannot leave this thread with all your effffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. LOL
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2011
Am Alone:

Story Storey!!!!

That sounds untrue!!!! If I try to rebuild my house, the youth will come and claim it - LMFAO Even in Lagos
where our Omo onile are very aggressive, you can never see something like that!!!! - EVER!!!! What I know s possible is that, they
can sell your land if you demonish and leave it unoccupied for a long period of time. And it is impossible for them to sell when you
have an eye on the property. Lastly, documents like C of O last for 99years. And that house don't look 100years old to me!!! So how
do we assume the document of the property has expired? The damn owner of that house should have tear up that thing before building
a new house!!!! If your slippers cut, e don cut be that. No try amend am, because it can never be like new one!!!

Common Sense!!!

For the record, I don't believe a new german floor was done on that build. Neither do I believe all the walls inside were demonish in order to
place the new german floor. For the record, a german floor is useless if it did no cover the external walls of a building. It is just like a normal
flooring if it did not cover the external wall/block work. Peace!!!!

For your question where is the law made and by who. Bros if you study Engineering very well you will know for sure stuffs like that are not very adviceable.  - Common Sense!!!

What you believe or dont believe is not important here grin what is important is the lessons I learnt from that renovation works, but its all good, some people will always see the bad side of everything if its not done the way they do it. Like when another person eats okpa (a choice delicacy in Enugu) some people must come out and condemn it just because they don't like the look of it grin

For example, its not important I convince you the german floor was redone even with the old one intact, no you will always find another way to condemn the works so long as its not done by you, well don o cheesy

It is not important to convince you that a man building 3 floors on an old bungalow has enough money to demolish the old structure and build another if the situation permits, no, you will find a way to doubt him and call him stingy just because he didn't remove a few walls

How will I even try to assure you there are no partitioning walls inside that house now, your mind has told you to doubt everything and so there is no need!

Even the ogbaneche-agu of Ogui Nike and their age long antics is being doubted here! lawd!!! And yet you didnt visit Enugu or make inquiries from your friends in Enugu, all you are sure of is that such cannot happen because the omo-oniles dont try such? Bros dont annoy me o grin

Have you even bought and read a copy of our land use act? and what does it have to say about renewal of occupancy, you wont find out, you will only notice the property is not 100 years old by looking at the online images and drawing your expert conclusions grin

Nothing do you bros, you are right, very correct,  coolnow lets face another point and not waste our time arguing about other people work. But I must say I love the way you point out issues you don't like, keep it up but accept explanations when they are given, especially in areas you don't know much about.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2011
Am Alone:

Seriously, the Interest I have for the thread, I've Lost It Sometime Ago undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Bros, spyder how far for your project na Abeg keep the fire burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come back here!
You are not going anywhere till we finish our houses here on nairaland, I will seek you personally and convince you if I dont see you here. We are here to learn, and your style, though irritating sometimes is a lesson on its own, we must stick together and work things out, irrespective of our differences, please dont go. wink cheesy grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bugmenot: 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2011
Congratulations to you and the family, my brother! May the almighty continue to bless you guys.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fidelo726: 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2011
CONGRATULOBIA!!!!!
The joy of a new baby is quite unexplanable.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fidelo726: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros, spyder how far for your project na Abeg keep the fire burning!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The interest you have shouldn't disappear like that.
All you needed is just for you to be a little bit open to see others point the way they view it '' professionaly'' and not by commmon sense.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2011
Any update, please?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by suan2: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2011
Just a quiet reader of Spyder's thread. Had to break the quietness by congratulating him on the birth of his new baby. May God make the baby an exceptional and sought after child in her generation.
Ur thread has been very wonderful and has helped to take our project to an outstanding level.
God bless you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Jul 11, 2011
For all you kind words for our new baby, for all your messages, for all your encouragement, I pray that the lord God will multiply your blessings a million fold, thank you all.For all you kind words for our new baby, for all your messages, for all your encouragement, I pray that the lord God will multiply your blessings a million fold, thank you all.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2011
@SPYDER880. Congrtas. again for the new orn child and may she brings a long joy and happiness to the family and to entire niaja oooo
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2011
i am learning a lot in this thread.

@ all, pls keep it up , @am alone, if u go from here , i will find you any where u are and bring u back, u are needed here badly, which one be say u losse intrest again. na waoooo for u self. grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Kudosssssssssssss to all.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by hasyak(m): 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2011
spyder congratulations on your new arrival, nice to know all are doing great!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2011
@spyder880, @am alone, @ barbus, @ all
What type of blocks is advisble to use in buliding a one storey , from the foundation to upstair.??,becuase in this thread, alot had been mentioned. but what is the acurate type?
wating to learn more.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:19am On Jul 12, 2011
some nice twin duplexes in Enugu, how much will it cost to build these fine houses?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:23am On Jul 12, 2011
another one

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:59am On Jul 12, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:56am On Jul 12, 2011
I want you to look at this window framing design, (Enugu got taste cheesy) I think it will come out pretty when well painted. I will dub this design for my house grin

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:05am On Jul 12, 2011
Another house I saw being built, the guy building this one was fitting his blocks after forming the columns and beams, plus the decks were done even before any block was fitted. Enjoy the pics

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by liujenny(f): 9:17am On Jul 12, 2011
learned a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.