Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293341 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:19am On Jul 12, 2011
note that gap below the deck where the blocks stopped, some may start saying this is not good for the house,

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2011
from the front

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by kuntash: 9:31am On Jul 12, 2011
spyder880:

note that gap below the deck where the blocks stopped, some may start saying this is not good for the house,

that space does not matter as long as what the first coach of the blocks are laid on is solid enough and obviously, the beam up there is solid, THE BLOCKS IN THIS KIND OF STRUCTURES ARE MERE PARTITIONS as it ought to be in standard houses,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:44am On Jul 12, 2011
kuntash:

that space does not matter as long as what the first coach of the blocks are laid on is solid enough and obviously, the beam up there is solid, THE BLOCKS IN THIS KIND OF STRUCTURES ARE MERE PARTITIONS as it ought to be in standard houses,

Yes, its because you understand buildings, some will now jump on board and say its bad work. Also, those insisting on some kind of blocks will now see that blocks don't carry the house, its the columns and beams that matter most.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:44pm On Jul 12, 2011
Nice concept and great teaching . . Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fidelo726: 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2011
Well done spyder on your project. I will actually want you to expect critism from people viewing this thread.
We may ask questions that may seem stupid to you, this is because we do not know much. Please pardon us then.

When you bring up topic like this online, expect to see novice and pros alike. All you do is try to prove yourself or learn from such individual.
We all learn from so many questions and critism fron this thread.
Thanks bro.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fidelo726: 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2011
From post 289, that column on the ground floor has the reinforcement exposed.
I think if you need to introduce a lintel on a column, you do not need to chiesel the whole column.
The column is a compression member and concrete is known to be strong in compression but weak in tension therefore,
chieseling through mean reducing the strength of the column.

Though in some cases we encounter such problem especially where you have beam reinforcement clustering the column head making it difficult
for concrete to pass through. But such should be filled as soon as the shutters are removed.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2011
spyder880:

I want you to look at this window framing design, (Enugu got taste cheesy) I think it will come out pretty when well painted. I will dub this design for my house grin

Do you know the sizes of those windows ?, becuase i love those design.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2011
rastaman20:

Do you know the sizes of those windows ?, becuase i love those design.

Really I didn't take real measuments but they are all of different sizes.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Costa2000(m): 12:55pm On Jul 13, 2011
Those windows looks good,nice job.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2011
spyder880:

Yes, its because you understand buildings, some will now jump on board and say its bad work. Also, those insisting on some kind of blocks will now see that blocks don't carry the house, its the columns and beams that matter most.

Thanks for this eye opener. I have been thinking about such a concept before.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2011
Still learning
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Still learning
This is the main purpose of this thread. everyday we learn more cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2011
^^^ True Dat oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2011
You mean nothing is happening on this thread . . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2011
Fhemmmy:

You mean nothing is happening on this thread . . . . .

Time dey come, just be patient.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by okey41: 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2011
Spder880 Congrats. i hope mine is not coming too late.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2011
okey41:

Thank you so much, its never late.
okey41:

Thank you so much, its never late.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2011
Still learning and wating too as Oga spdyer880 have spoken cheesy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2011
spyder880:

Time dey come, just be patient.

Kool . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by brabus(m): 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2011
Well done Spyder!

I met one-on-one with one of your silent follower (living Magodo Phase 1, Lagos) and he asked a very funny question "Are those (Spyder's) price realistic?". My answer is "They are realistic in Enugu and not Lagos" especially not in area like Magodo.

Keep up the good work Bro. Lagos people dey enjoy you o!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2011
@Spyder smiley smiley smiley

sent you an email and i wish you are in lagos.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2011
@brabus,
Thank you for all the great work you are doing and by taking us step by step everyday.
More blessing to your entire team!!!You too much.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2011
brabus:

Well done Spyder!

I met one-on-one with one of your silent follower (living Magodo Phase 1, Lagos) and he asked a very funny question "Are those (Spyder's) price realistic?". My answer is "They are realistic in Enugu and not Lagos" especially not in area like Magodo.

Keep up the good work Bro. Lagos people dey enjoy you o!!!

That is what i am saying, good work
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2011
Enugu says Hi!
These pictures are just to give you guys some more ideas of what could be done, there are more, but enjoy these for now.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:35am On Jul 15, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2011
now for the best of all, grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.