Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? (47618 Views)

Airlines That No Longer Exist In Nigeria. Do You Remember Any Of Them? (pic/vid) / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Who Left For Canada Calls His Friend And Was Weeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Deldrax29: 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
I laugh in Itshekiri grin grin grin. I think the best way to answer your question is this:
The lowest paid doctor in usa earn 202,000 dollars per year.
This means that even if you make 2.5 million naira PER MONTH as a professor of medicine, you won't be making half of that amount. ( You can do the math).

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Deldrax29: 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2022
VIKTO83:

Africa need me. Nigeria need me.
I personally requested to serve (NYSC) in d north where others find less appealing to them.
Even when I'm called to serve within Africa at anytime I choose like Liberia, S.leone and Nigeria.
I believe we lack access to good medicare and I'm obligated to render d service within my capacity.

It's a choice.
Medicare?? Which foolish medicare?? angry Are you a doctor?? If you are, go and check what the lowest paid doctor in usa is earning, then convert it to naira. You will come back to your senses immediately!
Won't you rather make money there and send to your loved ones here?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by bepositive11: 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2022
Amojii:
America is the bedrock of racism

Have you lived in America? What was your experience like in terms of racism?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by planetx: 2:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Deldrax29:
I laugh in Itshekiri grin grin grin. I think the best way to answer your question is this:
The lowest paid doctor in usa earn 202,000 dollars per year.
This means that even if you make 2.5 million naira PER MONTH as a professor of medicine, you won't be making half of that amount. ( You can do the math).

Why don't you go and become a doctor and earn that fat salary

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Tejuri(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2022
valuedammy:
Why won't they regret.

A friend of mine who just arrived Nigeria last week was seen in filling station queeing to buy fuel, what regret would be more than that?
They queue to buy fuel in the US sometimes too
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Lostchild(m): 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2022
undecided
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Deldrax29: 6:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Deldrax29: 6:55pm On Feb 18, 2022
planetx:
Why don't you go and become a doctor and earn that fat salary

Oya now! grin No problem! Send me cash, and I'll do as you've told me. You still believe in patriotism abi?? You think Nigerian doctors are working here because they want to?? At the slightest opportunity, 99.9% will get out of here. You can't be dying everyday in this country.

Wait, do you think a Nigerian professor will earn 2.5 million?? sad Maybe that's where you are making a big mistake

Go and study Medicine for 7 good, substantial years, and if you still say you want to work in a country where they'll pay you 100k naira per month to feed yourself and your loved ones, then you have won the bet. angry
Shior!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Deldrax29: 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Tejuri:

So are you trying to say that Nigeria and USA are the same??
If you are not trying to say that Nigeria and USA are the same, then why are you making such a pointless point??

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

You are not Far from the Truth.
You did justice to the discussion.
But in terms of access to quality HEALTHCARE services, provided your feet are in America, be it a peasant or Bill Gates, you will definitely have access to the best treatment.

But in Nigeria even some Local Government chairmen can't afford their treatments, some professors can't foot the bills for cancer treatment in Nigeria not to talk of abroad.
In dire Emergencies most Governors, senators & elites are flown back to same America where American peasants have unrestricted access to the best healthcare treatment.

This is a huge reason, one should strive to have papers in America even if you intend to relocate home. Their aggressiveness towards cancer treatment is epic.

You shouldn't have used US as an example in this case. This is true for some countries but not the US. Thousands die yearly because of a lack of patient health insurance. Besides medical bills have always been a major cause of credit card debt.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2022
Tejuri:

No we don’t. There are tons of gas stations.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by naxee9294: 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
Omo this one tough god forbid once I enter u.s like This I don forget road to airport �

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by emmaodet: 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
Help2020:

The richest Nigerians are living in Nigeria. Nan hustlers they stay abroad. God bless your hustle

Likewise, the poorest nigerians are living in nigeria while the average are mostly in abroad.
For a nation to grow, it needs a large middle class because no matter how we hustle, only few will be at the top.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Gerrard59(m): 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
my life is comfortable enough. mind you i have lived in the usa and the uk and my life was never comfortable in those countries. its just too many bills and so i am never settled. but in africa and naija ? its a more peaceful life. it can be as cheap or as expensive as you want to make it. cut your coat according to your size. in nigeria you can rent a place for 200k a year. in the uk you cant even rent a place for 200k naira a week. grin grin

Why would you want to rent a property of N200K per week in the UK when you're not earning in naira while in the UK? Don't you people understand simple economics?!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Gerrard59(m): 11:03pm On Feb 19, 2022
Lots of ignorant comments by folks who don't understand elementary economics, rule of law and a functioning society. That said, I pity ignorant folks who read and absorb comments by deportees and demons who have second citizenships yet are vehemently against those in Nigeria to japa.

BTW, I will return to this thread in ten years time to ask: how far?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:52am On Feb 20, 2022
Gerrard59:

Why would you want to rent a property of N200K per week in the UK when you're not earning in naira while in the UK? Don't you people understand simple economics?!

This is what shows us that these types know nothing about the outside world.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by HEAVEN4444: 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Gerrard59:

brah all you gotta do is convert the 200k naira to pounds. are you slow ?
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by KingDamzzy(m): 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
GoodHardDick:
When your village people are after your destiny. That is the only thing that'll make you to leave an extremely sane society like America back to a cripple hoe called Nigeria. sad

Lmaooo you are a bloody joker for calling America an "extremely sane society"

You are feeding off of lies that are being portrayed to you by CNN and Hollywood films.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by watersideboys: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
alright hold on let me show you . of course you know i will cover up the details but above partially covered is my state of ILLINOIS DRIVERS LICENSE. thats in america. below is my british passport and i wrote your name on the tissue so you will know its me

You be fool finally. Example of a backward black man having access to life but prefer penury. You have a mental problem. I also think you are very lazy
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Boniwhite: 6:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
planetx:
Access to health care treatment is different from unrestricted access to the best healthcare care treatment which is what you said. Don't have a solid health insurance in the US, then you will find out how unimportant you are.
So from you write-up it is safe to say nigeria got a better healthcare compare to america?

you are just sugar~coating the whole thing!

nigeria may have favoured you but dont discourage others that want to move abroad. Not every one is after making billions and money bag!
some just want where things work like basic needs of man.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Boniwhite: 7:03pm On Feb 22, 2022
GetMeRight:

Let me ask you? Why would these people who have most of their investments and family in Nigeria be living permanently abroad? Is it because of the extreme weather conditions over there? Or the kind of loneliness that would be following them everywhere? In abroad, they're nobody which nobody gives shiit about but in Nigeria, they're Kings who attract attention everywhere and everyday. They have no reason whatsoever to stay abroad, just vacation and nothing more.
It is the poor that worship abroad because they believe menial jobs that they struggle for in Nigeria are plentifully available for them over there. The rich just go and come back
the so called menial jobs abroad afford them certain things that they were deprived in naija and is seen here as luxury!

you dont want other nigerians to go abroad not becos you 've better plans 4 them nor for patriotism. You dont want them to be enlightened or exposed to avoid competion.

bad belle!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Boniwhite: 7:15pm On Feb 22, 2022
TempleHouse:

Why would you be a second class citizen in a foreign land?
You don’t appreciate your country until you face the reality of life abroad.
Despite the unfriendly weather which is quite nasty and unpredictable, Many diasporan are unable to return home due to shame and reproach of being a failure.
They came home to realised their friends and peers at home aren’t doing bad as such !
You might be interested to know that most Nigerians abroad take menial jobs and work as a Security guard and a Care giver (care of the elderly).Very few got their dream job!
People returns back home after realising their home country is quite better in terms of sustainability and decent peace !
You don’t appreciate what you have until you lose it !
If abroad is bad and naija is better as you paint it. Why are naija and african footballers not playing npfl but are europe and asia based?
even south americans are rushing to the so called europe and USA For better life!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by watersideboys: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
GetMeRight:

Let me ask you? Why would these people who have most of their investments and family in Nigeria be living permanently abroad? Is it because of the extreme weather conditions over there? Or the kind of loneliness that would be following them everywhere? In abroad, they're nobody which nobody gives shiit about but in Nigeria, they're Kings who attract attention everywhere and everyday. They have no reason whatsoever to stay abroad, just vacation and nothing more.
It is the poor that worship abroad because they believe menial jobs that they struggle for in Nigeria are plentifully available for them over there. The rich just go and come back

You're a bloody wacko. Devil.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by TechTack: 11:06am On Feb 24, 2022
Swingate:
I left the UK and came back to Nigeria since 2017 and there is no regrets at all . Nigeria is a very wonderful county and I'm totally in love with Nigeria.
I started my company Riomax Empire online store and the ride is amazing, I thank God everyday for giving me the wisdom and courage to take that decision.
The only problem is our mentality here ,we all need reorientation so we can have a better society.
There are too many opportunities here in Nigeria and I can see them clearly. Thanks

God bless you
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by TechTack: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2022
temilonge:
When you come abroad, you gotta be willing to fight to the end.
Abroad will take a lot of resilience

If Nigeria is bad, and very terrible to live in. Why is it bad? what makes it bad,
is it the climate, the people, the leaders or it has ran out of goodluck.

I am a Nigerian living abroad. I feel we should try to find a little solution to this if possible.

And here is my solution.

Education has failed the average man. The best way to live is to find solutions to problems and that's what God did by giving us soil.
Let's go back to farming

Some might say it does not work, etc. What's the issue, is it Fertilizers, etc
Let's research natural fertilizers, and cost-effective ways of going about farming

If the issue is people frustrating the country, why did you guys vote for Buhari during the last election?
A lot of people sang praise of Buhari, without even getting paid for doing so.
If you made a mistake of voting him in first term, why did you vote him again.
This guys are taking us for a ride, and we give them respect.

Maybe Nigerians respect the wrong people.

In summary, lets reducate ourselves, leave the city and do much farming.
Those who love Information technology should focus on that
We gat to disrupt the current systems of 9 to 5 mentality.

God bless you brother
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by rayralph(m): 11:31am On Feb 25, 2022
Amojii:
America is the bedrock of racism

Nigeria is the bedrock of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by TechTack: 9:07am On Feb 26, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
yeah i was there for 2 months in the middle of winter. its a tough life for someone like me. i am too soft for that canada life. you wake up in the morning its freezing and when you are going to work its still dark and your car is stuck in 15 inches of snow. you have to shovel the car out in the dark cold and then you are coming back from work its already dark at 4 pm so in essence you never get to see the sun. its a tough life. its not for me. am too soft for that kinda lifestyle grin grin grin grin

lol. You're comedic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Lingudy(m): 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2022
Over to them grin
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by blackbriar: 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by whiteboyswag: 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
Like I said I will put up my story here soon. But please everyone you can never compare the United States with Nigeria for no reason them no be level at all please and please stop it don’t discourage the striving young man that can do well here from coming please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by GeneralDae: 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2022
whiteboyswag:
Like I said I will put up my story here soon. But please everyone you can never compare the United States with Nigeria for no reason them no be level at all please and please stop it don’t discourage the striving young man that can do well here from coming please.
At the end of the day, U.S.A is not your country. All it takes is for a Republican party to come to power and make rules that do not favour immigrants. As Africans, we have to see beyond the immediate.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
franchasng:
grin cheesy

Op, maybe let's ask our former Governors if they preferred when they were Governors or now that they are enjoying chanji in their respective dungeons as bloody commoners stuck in traffic without blazing siren and overzealous trigger happy Police men ready to kill anybody that dare near their convoy shocked shocked

The richest Nigerians don't live in Nigeria sir, they just visit to milk their cash cow called Nigeria.

Dangote spends more time abroad than in Nigeria. Same with your politicians. Otedola is always in Monaco or London, same with his family. Tinubu is now a part time Nigerian, he is always going back to London to refuel his engine grin

Don't be deceived, we see these people across a lot.

Most of them that you find here are here to milk the Nigerian masses to sustain their children's luxury life abroad. Check well, all of them have their kids living outside Nigeria. That's the saddest truth, including your current President, all his daughters and even wife your First Lady live outside Nigeria cos of security reasons, no be juju be that grin cheesy
na big juju oo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix / First Nigerian Family To Reach The North-Pole!: (photos) / Graphic Photos From The Accident On Akure Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.