Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? (47598 Views)

Airlines That No Longer Exist In Nigeria. Do You Remember Any Of Them? (pic/vid) / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Who Left For Canada Calls His Friend And Was Weeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by isyourboy(m): 1:39am On Mar 15, 2022
Cj4charles:
Someone once said that it is better to be a fowl roaming around the street of US than to be a human being in Nigeria

I still don't know why someone will wish this on to himself. No be this same US we dey? It's really not as rosy as people make it seem. Don't be deceived
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by isyourboy(m): 1:52am On Mar 15, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

You are not Far from the Truth.
You did justice to the discussion.
But in terms of access to quality HEALTHCARE services, provided your feet are in America, be it a peasant or Bill Gates, you will definitely have access to the best treatment.

But in Nigeria even some Local Government chairmen can't afford their treatments, some professors can't foot the bills for cancer treatment in Nigeria not to talk of abroad.
In dire Emergencies most Governors, senators & elites are flown back to same America where American peasants have unrestricted access to the best healthcare treatment.

This is a huge reason, one should strive to have papers in America even if you intend to relocate home. Their aggressiveness towards cancer treatment is epic.

Peasants in America don't have access to good health care. If you don't have money to pay, no one will attend to u. Need I say that healthcare is very very expensive too
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by isyourboy(m): 2:01am On Mar 15, 2022
planetx:
Access to health care treatment is different from unrestricted access to the best healthcare care treatment which is what you said. Don't have a solid health insurance in the US, then you will find out how unimportant you are.

You don't have to explain to them. These people think these things are free abroad. no, it's not free. You pay through your nose to get the said 24 7 power supply.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2022
isyourboy:

Peasants in America don't have access to good health care. If you don't have money to pay, no one will attend to u. Need I say that healthcare is very very expensive too

Not true. They’ll attend to you and send you a bill in the mail afterwards. And if it is an emergency, the ER turns no one away, even if you’re penniless.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by isyourboy(m): 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Not true. They’ll attend to you and send you a bill in the mail afterwards. And if it is an emergency, the ER turns no one away, even if you’re penniless.

What I was trying to correct is that healthcare isn't free. You pay!! Even if you have a health insurance, it doesn't cover everything. You get the bills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by slim2007: 3:35pm On May 01, 2022
Lol, don't mind them. Please how did you get the visa?

franchasng:
My brother na flight ticket hold me here oh cos I got a Bangladesh visa last year and it expired angry

My plans was to move from Bangladesh to any other nice country and then to US, but considering the cost of flight since covid-19, any help will be appreciated plz, ejoor cry
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by leksbore(m): 7:32am On May 02, 2022
Eastlink:
My cousin did. After the death of his parents, an aunt sent him to the US in 2019. In 2021, this dude returned to Naija citing one useless excuse that I can't understand. Like he literally bought ticket and boarded a plane himself from New York to Lagos before returning to the villa to the surprise of his siblings. Till now, everyone is still in shock. He lives in the villa currently doing nothing and surving from the little investment his elder bro is handlin

Omo una family village people strong gan ooo....village people @ work

This dude in question is not a hard guy that will get himself in a drug related problem nor is he a womanizer or a troublesome person. And he has no plans on going back sincerely. Even if he did, I doubt anyone will make that mistake of funding his trip.
village people at work bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Remnita(f): 10:57pm On May 26, 2022
Khaleepha5681:
You won't know Nigeria or motherland in general,is good,until you go to "Big Name Countries" and find yourself nobody amongst nowhere.

In Nigeria,if you're poor,someone would recognise you because you standout. In abroad, you may even die without neighbours intervention. What a heartlessness?

In Nigeria,when you're rich,anyone would recognise you and the poor ones would respect you. In abroad countries, nobody knows you exist.

Nigeria is moist with fun,to me abroad is dry and complex. Life is very complex abroad. Even their manner of speech is very complex. Mockery, Idioms,Irony everything in their speech.

Rest your destiny no Dey abroad
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 26, 2022
Remnita:

Rest your destiny no Dey abroad

I know this since I was child. I am born to live and die in Nigeria,though my birth place is outside,far away from my mother's land.

My Dream is to seem Nigerian,be Recognised as Nigerian and be called Nigerian.

My skin colour is saying otherwise.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Sarang(f): 5:00am On Dec 19, 2022
Davidoff2000:

I nearly ran mad when I came back for reasons I don't care to mention here now. It took me two years before I got a job and started getting back on my feet. Now, I am happier here than there.

Now lemme tell you about America.

America is good, depending on your level and state before you got there. If you were jobless, doing POS or selling rat poison in traffic, getting to America will seem like heaven for you and you cant stop thanking God you got there. If you were doing good, living the good life in Nigeria, and then relocated to America, America is only a slight upgrade. There is nothing an American can enjoy there, you wont enjoy here (with your money ofcourse).

If you were using iphone11 and you got bumped to iphone13, will you go thanking God and be freaked that you are now using iphone13? No. But if you were using techno or itel and then got gifted 1phone 13, its a whole new game altogether.

That's how it is-so it depends on your status on Nigeria really and then how you got there- your path to citizenship. If you go as a student on full tuition, you are good. If a spouse or parent won a green card and you go and you don't even have an idea how rent is paid, you are good too. You don't worry about insurance, taxes, etc etc. Someone has already made the sacrifice for you.

But if you go on a visa, overstay and hope to make good? You are on a long thing, and your experience will be one of stress and near bitterness. Your path to citizenship determines everything.

In America, someone must have made the sacrifice for you, for you to come and start enjoying the good life. If you are the one to make the sacrifice? Only your children will enjoy o, not you- you are the pathfinder, the sacrificial lamb- you won't enjoy your life- others would.

Las las..if you are earning good in Nigeria, you have a better life balance- money, family, social network, sense of community etc.

There, its a lonely society out there, so cold it can make you miserable in old age due to loneliness.

My two kobo

You said it all.
I didn't think there was a time in my life, I would ever wanna move back to Nigeria after coming to Canada as a young adult and figuring out life by myself. But 8yrs later, I am in a much better place, I have gotten tired of Canada and can't wait to move back home.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Sarang(f): 5:29am On Dec 19, 2022
UnbiasedOne:

My guy if u had British citizenship u wouldn’t be living back in Nigeria without 24/7 electricity.

Lol you have not gone anywhere before have you..?
Abroad is good. But people's choices differ
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by stanza(m): 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwksGBMd07k

I bet you didn't know the function of this in buildings.

Subscribe, like and share.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix / Scottish Lady Recounts Her Encounter With A Nigerian Toilet Attendant (photos) / Soldier Beats Driver In Lagos BRT Driving Booth (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.