Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? (47615 Views)

Airlines That No Longer Exist In Nigeria. Do You Remember Any Of Them? (pic/vid) / I Envy People Who Left Nigeria Already. / Man Who Left For Canada Calls His Friend And Was Weeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by HEAVEN4444: 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2022
Rebuke:

Smh! See the kind people I've been wasting my precious time replying to shocked shocked

Please, stay in yhur village. Bye!!!
no truly i have been to toronto. i was at etobicoke and missisauga. my hotel was in the york neighborhood and i hung out at the famous bloor and younge . i like their underground shpping centers. i stayed at the howard johnson hotel in york

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Rebuke: 7:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
no truly i have been to toronto. i was at etobicoke and missisauga. my hotel was in the york neighborhood and i hung out at the famous bloor and younge . i like their underground shpping centers. i stayed at the howard johnson hotel in york

Good for yhu. I haven't been there but my people are there and I know alot about there like I myself live there.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Icon2007: 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2022
VIKTO83:

Africa need me. Nigeria need me.
I personally requested to serve (NYSC) in d north where others find less appealing to them.
Even when I'm called to serve within Africa at anytime I choose like Liberia, S.leone and Nigeria.
I believe we lack access to good medicare and I'm obligated to render d service within my capacity.

It's a choice.

Thank you God bless you real good , your point of view and perspective toward life can only be understood by few people, your selfless service is well appreciated and God will reward you. Everything is not about money and dying in the west

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by HEAVEN4444: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2022
Rebuke:

Good for yhu. I haven't been there but my people are there and I know alot about there like I myself live there.
yeah i was there for 2 months in the middle of winter. its a tough life for someone like me. i am too soft for that canada life. you wake up in the morning its freezing and when you are going to work its still dark and your car is stuck in 15 inches of snow. you have to shovel the car out in the dark cold and then you are coming back from work its already dark at 4 pm so in essence you never get to see the sun. its a tough life. its not for me. am too soft for that kinda lifestyle grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by HBB1(m): 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2022
VIKTO83:

Well, I don't regret it. Though I'm on int'l employment status plus int'l voluntary setting and I'm sure I have more than such opportunities (that's if we say they are opportunities in d first place).
If Indians can make sacrifices in d past which today placed their medicare among d best and affordable in d world, so why can't we?

It's my choice anyways and i owe nobody any explanation to that.

You only need to know the number of Indians in the UK and US healthcare sector.

You think they just sit in India practising 19th century medicine?

They get what they can from the West-- money, influence... and take some of it trickles back to their country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by tianshie(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2022
Davidoff2000:

I nearly ran mad when I came back for reasons I don't care to mention here now. It took me two years before I got a job and started getting back on my feet. Now, I am happier here than there.

Now lemme tell you about America.

America is good, depending on your level and state before you got there. If you were jobless, doing POS or selling rat poison in traffic, getting to America will seem like heaven for you and you cant stop thanking God you got there. If you were doing good, living the good life in Nigeria, and then relocated to America, America is only a slight upgrade. There is nothing an American can enjoy there, you wont enjoy here (with your money ofcourse

If you were using iphone11 and you got bumped to iphone13, will you go thanking God and be freaked that you are now using iphone13? No. But if you were using techno or itel and then got gifted 1phone 13, its a whole new game altogether.

That's how it is-so it depends on your status on Nigeria really and then how you got there- your path to citizenship. If you go as a student on full tuition, you are good. If a spouse or parent won a green card and you go and you don't even have an idea how rent is paid, you are good too. You don't worry about insurance, taxes, etc etc. Someone has already made the sacrifice for you.

But if you go on a visa, overstay and hope to make good? You are on a long thing, and your experience will be one of stress and near bitterness. Your path to citizenship determines everything.

In America, someone must have made the sacrifice for you, for you to come and start enjoying the good life. If you are the one to make the sacrifice? Only your children will enjoy o, not you- you are the pathfinder, the sacrificial lamb- you won't enjoy your life- others would.

Las las..if you are earning good in Nigeria, you have a better life balance- money, family, social network, sense of community etc.

There, its a lonely society out there, so cold it can make you miserable in old age due to loneliness.

My two kobo

No lies detected.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by 360command: 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2022
TempleHouse:

You might be interested to know that most Nigerians abroad take menial jobs and work as a Security guard and a Care giver (care of the elderly).Very few got their dream job!
People returns back home after realising their home country is quite better in terms of sustainability and decent peace !
You don’t appreciate what you have until you lose it !
it all depends.. na who no go school dey take up menial jobs or become care giver . Also, na who don commit as well as who no get paper dey take up menial job.. all this is synonymous to any other foreigner. But nothing do those jobs only be say you have to work more hours to be able to achieve your goals by building an investment in Nigeria.

Everything na smart work. Person wey dey do security guard saves more money than a banker in Nigeria. All na for you know how you spend and how to save..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by kabukabu50(m): 8:32pm On Feb 17, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
I HVE BEEN TO CANADA. ITS NOT LIVABLE CONDITION for humans. too cold.everybody there has depression because of the cold. its like your head is paining you. why are yu directing me to live in a fridge freezer ? canadas temperature is like fridge freezer angry

This guy has never travelled out of his village.

Disregard

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by HEAVEN4444: 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2022
kabukabu50:

Disregard
grin grin
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by GeneralDae: 8:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
koolaid87:
To comment on this thread, make sure you've at least traveled to one developed country.

Then let's hear your opinion.

Alot of folks who can't even get a visa are here talking nonsense
What if I'm currently in Togo, am I permitted to speak? At least I better pass those ones wen neva comot Oshogbo.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by t2luv1: 9:22pm On Feb 17, 2022
kabukabu50:

Disregard

He ain't lying partner. That place is cold partner. Used to drive to Toronto when I was living and attending School studying Engineering at the University of Michigan. Had a Trinidad woman girlfriend living in Toronto which was 4 hrs away. Now thinking back still asking myself what the heck was I thinking driving 4hrs just to see a woman.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Glozaglobal: 9:27pm On Feb 17, 2022
Help2020:

The richest Nigerians are living in Nigeria. Nan hustlers they stay abroad. God bless your hustle

Those richest Nigerians are the ones ruining your life. As long as they live you will never, I say never achieve your dream. That’s why most of you are turning ritiualists.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by planetx: 9:28pm On Feb 17, 2022
UnbiasedOne:

You can stop. Try someone else my guy because your story is one that I don’t believe.
My friend having a British passport and American drivers license is no big deal maybe to you. I think I know that person probably using a different moniker, but trust me he is not lying to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by planetx: 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
loneliness, regrets, racism, second class citizen, no representation of yourself when you watch tv. its like you are an unwanted guest, micro aggressions towards them due to racism, no community, bills bills bills, lost contact with people back home, some cant afford to come home again cuz bill dey chop salary so no ticket money, cold weather, no respect in the society as a black person etc etc etc etc
Leave them alone, they will never understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by t2luv1: 9:34pm On Feb 17, 2022
EvilNeedle:
I know a few that did so. They
are normally from wealthy homes with old money.

As for me, why will I return to Nigeria when I nor mad. cool

Exactly. why would I go back? Living in Fort Lauderdale Florida few miles from Miami beach. No snow. House paid for and working from my own house doing exactly what I like which is designing/writing ERP business applications. Having 5 top 200 companies as clients. Not too shabby for a guy that started primary school at Ebenezer Primary School Oke-Ado Ibadan won't you say.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by t2luv1: 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2022
Help2020:

The richest Nigerians are living in Nigeria. Nan hustlers they stay abroad. God bless your hustle

Quality of life partner is the key you don't have to be ridiculously rich. When I die all I want on my tombstone is just 'HE LIVED' Only two countries remain on my to-visit list. In this land of Milk and Honey called the USA, trust me when I say you can be anything you want.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Help2020: 10:04pm On Feb 17, 2022
Glozaglobal:

[s]Those richest Nigerians are the ones ruining your life. As long as they live you will never, I say never achieve your dream. That’s why most of you are turning ritiualists[/s].
Nan your papa dey do ritual. God punish you
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Rebuke: 10:29pm On Feb 17, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
yeah i was there for 2 months in the middle of winter. its a tough life for someone like me. i am too soft for that canada life. you wake up in the morning its freezing and when you are going to work its still dark and your car is stuck in 15 inches of snow. you have to shovel the car out in the dark cold and then you are coming back from work its already dark at 4 pm so in essence you never get to see the sun. its a tough life. its not for me. am too soft for that kinda lifestyle grin grin grin grin

Hope yhu have settled down in yhur village finally grin cheesy grin cheesy

Well, it's not so snowy or harsh in some parts of Canada.....like British Columbia .

I know about Vancouver and abbotsford.....and it's never as harsh as yhur experience there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by mixta140: 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2022
QuinModah:
Fact! In this same economy people are buying and building houses.
I dont have any excuse to fail ... no single excuse

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Seuntoyinolu(m): 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2022
mediainc:

So many came back to start business, not everyone have enough brains or will to become an entrepreneur, some are meant to.be workers till they die...most prefer going to America for trips and business, not everyone like being a bloody immigrant or second class citizen grin

On a serious note, we need more Nigerians to travel out, and send back foreign payments, so Nigeria traveling out is a good thing, since our population is huge.

Do you really believe you are a First Class citizen in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by 1stNumeroUno: 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
QuinModah:
WhaT type of business, we could connect?

Okay sir, Sebi na you dey keep their itinerary.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by asunaobi(m): 3:47am On Feb 18, 2022
harmargedon:
No place like home wink

Yes! If you have one.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by bilulu(m): 4:35am On Feb 18, 2022
mediainc:

So many came back to start business, not everyone have enough brains or will to become an entrepreneur, some are meant to.be workers till they die...most prefer going to America for trips and business, not everyone like being a bloody immigrant or second class citizen grin

On a serious note, we need more Nigerians to travel out, and send back foreign payments, so Nigeria traveling out is a good thing, since our population is huge.
you guys thinks it's easy to be going on trips and vacations in other countries... anyway sha who no go no no
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Olayemi244(m): 5:43am On Feb 18, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:
Make I just get that opportunity to japa first.
Let's see if I will ever come back

Yes o....let's just wait and see.

If i no go get plans to dey commot my siblings and my mum one by one �
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by omoyankee3(m): 6:00am On Feb 18, 2022
I plan on moving back to Nigeria very soon. No place like home.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Babaelemu: 6:07am On Feb 18, 2022
The moment we start to have sense of originality the better we are close to transforming Nigeria. 200 million Nigerian will not leave some in their life time will never near airport the Nigeria problem are Nigerians because the people make a nation. If you think traveling out is escaping the hardship and securing your family's future if you manage to do that the truth is at a point in your life you would wish nigeria was better and your kids had sense of originality this is something you wont realize until you start to age that when loneliness would strike you very hard I'm not swearing but I'm talking about nature.

Traveling abroad is not a bad decision if you're going to acquire knowledge, study, joining a family, already secured a job, but if you're going to hustle as in overstaying your visa thinking miracle is awaiting you there you're going for a long thing let say you managed to get a job that pays $2000 as an illegal immigrants after paying rent and other maintenances i swear you're the same as someone earning 300k in Nigeria on top you'll have so much to worry about you'll hardly be productive because of your status by the time your live under this circumstances for some years you would be bored with life you still won't solve your family problems at home because you're also still fighting for your life by the time you know it you're already over 40. My conclusion is going abroad to hustle will not make you rich those who are rich don't work for people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by kay29000(m): 8:39am On Feb 18, 2022
Davidoff2000:

I nearly ran mad when I came back for reasons I don't care to mention here now. It took me two years before I got a job and started getting back on my feet. Now, I am happier here than there.

Now lemme tell you about America.

America is good, depending on your level and state before you got there. If you were jobless, doing POS or selling rat poison in traffic, getting to America will seem like heaven for you and you cant stop thanking God you got there. If you were doing good, living the good life in Nigeria, and then relocated to America, America is only a slight upgrade. There is nothing an American can enjoy there, you wont enjoy here (with your money ofcourse).

If you were using iphone11 and you got bumped to iphone13, will you go thanking God and be freaked that you are now using iphone13? No. But if you were using techno or itel and then got gifted 1phone 13, its a whole new game altogether.

That's how it is-so it depends on your status on Nigeria really and then how you got there- your path to citizenship. If you go as a student on full tuition, you are good. If a spouse or parent won a green card and you go and you don't even have an idea how rent is paid, you are good too. You don't worry about insurance, taxes, etc etc. Someone has already made the sacrifice for you.

But if you go on a visa, overstay and hope to make good? You are on a long thing, and your experience will be one of stress and near bitterness. Your path to citizenship determines everything.

In America, someone must have made the sacrifice for you, for you to come and start enjoying the good life. If you are the one to make the sacrifice? Only your children will enjoy o, not you- you are the pathfinder, the sacrificial lamb- you won't enjoy your life- others would.

Las las..if you are earning good in Nigeria, you have a better life balance- money, family, social network, sense of community etc.

There, its a lonely society out there, so cold it can make you miserable in old age due to loneliness.

My two kobo

So many people I know over there have told me this.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by kay29000(m): 8:41am On Feb 18, 2022
adamsmith914:
No billionaire in Nigeria from Tinubu, Otedola, Shubomi Balogun, Ibrus to Dangote lives abroad.

How much did they pay in taxes in Oyibo man’s land? Only the poor like you will want to live abroad.

Even me wey no get money, dey go, dey come, not to talk of billionaires that money ain’t a thing?

That guy will never agree with you... He can't understand more than his level of awareness.
Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by kay29000(m): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2022
Davidoff2000:

You are foolish-abroad has 205 destinations as countries. spending 3weeks abroad doesn't mean living in one penthouse on porchester terrace. it could mean business trips to 4 or 5 different cities over a 21 day period. Is that living abroad?
dangote lives in Parkview, Ikoyi
Otedola lives in B/Island
Adenuga lives in B/Island- this one doesn't even travel anywhere
Mai deribe lives in Maiduguri
Foloronsho Alkija, Ikoyi (the husband every evening is in Ikoyi Club, where he is now banned)
Abdulsamad Rabiu- Maitama/Ikoyi
etc etc.
Davido is presently in France. A fool like you will say he lives in France. He has a house in Atlanta, but he is hardly ever there? Wiz kid has a house in LA, he is always in Ghana. Burna nko? PSquare, with a condo in Buckhead, Atlanta, and doesn't even go there? except on tour

What do you know? People that can leave Nigeria, spend three weeks abroad, hopping from city to city, then return, this foolish guy living in isele Ukwu or Boki saying they live abroad. Is abroad a single place or comi=bination or more than 205 countries?

Dumb. Die in your ignorance

With all the varifiable information you dropped, that guy will still not agree with you. He is just reasoning from his low level of awareness and can't reason higher than that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by kay29000(m): 9:16am On Feb 18, 2022
HEAVEN4444:
bro, dont listen to these people, the truth is that rich nigerians actually do live in nigeria. they have their own estates in banana island and chevron. there is this estate in chevron where that okoronkwo billionaire lives, if you enter this estate you will think you are in beverley hills. all the houses have pools and jacuzzi and big parking for at least 10 cars, the houses are huge and scientific with many gadgets. the gates are electric and they open with buttons. all their doors open with BUTTONS. everything in the house is opened with a button. the streets in the estate is paved by german companies and there is nice trees on the side of the road. BRO DONT BELIEVE THAT NONSENSE THAT RICH MEN LIVE ABROAD. THE ONLY ONES WHO LIVE ABROAD ARE THE ONES WITH MEDICAL PROBLEMS WHO HAVE TO BE CLOSE TO THEIR ABROAD DOCTORS. THE HEALTHY ONES LIVE IN BILLION NAIRA HOUSE ESTATES IN CHEVRON LEKKI

You have said it all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by kay29000(m): 10:17am On Feb 18, 2022
Princewill1:
Have you ever asked yourself why 9ja celebs have not all relocated to US?.... Why haven't they relocated already? ... Simply because they earn millions here.

The travel agent preaching to you that America is heaven on earth. Why haven't he yet relocated already. Abi he no go like enjoy the heaven? He will live large in Lagos every year after collecting millions from his ma.gas

What I observed is that Nigerians criticizes the country harshly unlike citizens of other African countries. For example, if quarter of arm robbery,car snatching, Kidnapping and general gun violence going in South Africa were to happen in Southern Nigeria by now Japa will be trending all-over. But you will hardly hears South Africans talking of Japa despite the rate of gun violence in their country.

Herdsmen will strike in one rural community in Ogun, while someone living in Lekki will say he wants to Japa due to insecurity Lol.

Hmm... You have a point.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? by Deldrax29: 11:45am On Feb 18, 2022
Are you kidding me sad? Isn't it better to live in the United States where there are a large number of Nigerians like Maryland and Texas than to rot in this land??

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

BREAKING: Heavy Traffic As Damaged Plane Blocks Agege Motor ROAD (pic) / Bus Nearly Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge (Pictures) / From Oshodi To Las Vegas - Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.