Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) (45775 Views)

My HIV Test Result - The Shock Of My Life / Coronavirus: Dr. Joe Abah Talks About Nigeria Airport Preparedness Vs. US And UK / Sex With Prostitute: My HIV/AIDS Test And Result Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Megabig: 6:03pm On Feb 17, 2022
yinkeys:

Heard yesterday they’ve found a reliable cure
What’s your take on that
i saw the news and I really didn’t feel any way because I felt I’m in control of my life now. All I need is to take one pill a day which I’m used to and have done for years. I’m happy for a lot of people back home because this new discovery will change things, people can now be totally free. But at the end of the day, it’s better not to be positive at all. If there is now a cure for HIV, what about syphilis and others that cannot be easily controlled like HIV. I’m happy though but abstinence or use of condoms during sex is the best. Other diseases are roaming about and they are worst, my experience with hiv was easy for me somehow because I was strategic and knew I shouldn’t be thinking about it at all . If I get cured from the new discovery that’s ok, but at this time, I’m not really rushing or in a haste to go find a cure. I’m just living my life and have no issues at all eclectically now I’m undetectable for years. Just my one pill and I’m done. I’m used to my single pill

3 Likes

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Ishitinyourlife: 6:04pm On Feb 17, 2022
GoodHardDick:
Make una dey stop this kind talk, it's annoying angry
For the fact HIV isn't a death sentence, does it mean people should now start getting infected with such disease? angry

HIV is not a death sentence. But it's wisdom not to catch at all.
Catch it,like it's your damn choice 100percent, you can contact it in a couple different way Which might be out of your control,some people contract it from unsterilized needles or through birth,so it's not people's choice sometimes
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Datikwerreboi(m): 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2022
Megabig:

I don’t think I actually should though. It’s totally unnecessary now
Yes it's unnecessary please don't tell anyone

1 Like

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Megabig: 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2022
obidadon:

Does one with a high CD4 (1500) count
stand a chance of not contacting Hiv if exposed to unprotected sex with someone living with the virus with a high viral load?
Im not a heath professional, having sec with condom is very important. It’s better not to have it than to have it. It’s just stressful. A person can have a very high CD4 count and still be positive. The thought of knowing that you are positive is mostly the issue, the fear and anxiety as well. But if a person can handle it, start treatment and think less of it. Then the person is good. The way to live the life is in the mind and that pill. Do a research and find out maybe but no one should really be careless on this
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by slimanyd: 6:08pm On Feb 17, 2022
Megabig:
Devastated, worried and I lost weight in just 4 days because I was thinking. Nearly ended my life because I didn’t understand how that happened. I only had sex three times in my life at that time. Once in SS1 with condom and twice the pervious year(first year in school). I felt so stupid, like how can I be positive, how will my life transcend from there and I came from a poor family, the shame it will bring to my family and stuffs. It was a painful experience. I was planning to travel to onitcha from my school in two weeks before I decided to attend that confession in that Catholic parish because I needed someone to talk to, I knew the priest is the only person that can listen because they sit on the other side and just listen to peoples voice and not see who is speaking so it was a nice idea for me to go speak to him. His initial approach saved me. When I said I was positive, the said and so what? Is that all? Wait after confession. It’s nothing to worry about and that’s it. I think that point changed certain things about the way I was thinking about it

And have u do well to inform those 2 flings of ladies u had sex with to go for text aswell ? U no show love at all. Did you how many more of people they will have transmitted the virus too? U did the worst thing by not curbing the spread at the earliest time or saving those 2 girls u had sex with to also start taking there drugs or go for test ASAP.

1 Like

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Thunderfayayou: 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2022
GoodHardDick:
For the fact HIV isn't a death sentence, does it mean people should now start getting infected with such disease? angry

Illiteracy don lay eggs for your brain. There are morethan 20 illnesses worse than HIV. Stop showing how dumb you are. He is educating people and Informing people that it's not a death sentence and you're so angry.

Should he have said it's a death sentence Will that make you happy and possibly help you ejaculate??

Nonsense!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by azpekuliar: 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2022
We4all:
I think the reason people are stigmatized is because majority of the victims contacted HIV from unprotected sex. And humans, with their hypocritical nature perceive sexually active people as unclean even when they’re also actively involved in sex.

I could recall in the 90’s, I knew almost everyone infected with HIV in my neighborhood. This was because a friend of mine who worked at the lab revealed the names of those that were positive.

The last time I was down with fever, I went to a private hospital for treatment and the annoying doctor insisted that I took an HIV test. I ignored him and told him to just go ahead and treat malaria. If I have HIV, I will be the first to know.

The yeye doctor decided to report to a relative of mine that I refused to undergo HIV test. I was like, what the hell?

Did those people make it out of the dreadful ‘90s and early ‘00s?
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by perryy(m): 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2022
Megabig:
lmao ok… so the 12 hospitals I went to all lied without knowing themselves as at the time I went for tests? Alright buddy

No, they don't lie. Remember they tested you with some kits that were prepared to give positive reaction when blood with a stress immune system comes into contact. If you are in the US as you said , ask about Kerry Mullings and professor Duesberg. Nothing like HIV. I know what I'm saying. I know someone who bleeped the test result since 2004 , no drugs , nothing, smokes and drinks everything drinkable, yet no single hospitalisation for over 18 years . Someone close to me. This guy hardly fall sick. He 50 years, yet not diabetic despite too much beers.
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by azpekuliar: 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Nice one. I remember the research we conducted then to see if this practice of hiding the medications affects the strenght of the active constituents in the medications.

We had tremendious support from our public health institutions during the research.

The service for the PLWHA and the support we were given in those facilities were both phenomenal so I am a bit suprised about OP's unpleasant experience in his geopolitical zone.

Well done sir.

What was the outcome of the research and what year was it conducted?
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by azpekuliar: 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
SenecaTheYonger:

It is found in west Africa but it is very few and hard to spread.
HIV-1 is the most dominant everywhere in the word and most deadly. Stop misleading yourself and other people.

I know you might have had unprotected recently so all these HIV post makes your heart skip. That’s how the campaign is. After a holiday like valentine which is basically a sex holiday, it is advisable to create awareness about HIV since it is the deadliest infection one can get from sex if not caught on time

Sardonicus

There’s a third variant recently discovered in the Netherlands. It’s the most virulent. People infected with it progress to AIDS in less than 2-3 years without treatment. Good news is that it responds well to ARVS like the dominant variants.

https://www.health.com/condition/hiv/new-hiv-variant-discovered

1 Like

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by WhatCanIsay(m): 6:26pm On Feb 17, 2022
Golan007:

I'm insisting that it isn't free whether you make 60k, less or more.

I provided documentary evidence.

Provide proof if you want people to believe.

Bros are you ok? Someone that is living the life and is experiencing the reality is telling you the facts of his life directly, and you are telling him it's a lie because you watched a YouTube video? Have you researched on NGOs that take care of people with HIV in America too?

When you got infected where you charged for the drugs there in America?

5 Likes

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by neutralmind: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2022
I like your positive mindset @op
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by azpekuliar: 6:30pm On Feb 17, 2022
1Sharon:

You do know prostitute don't allow sex without condoms?

That depends on the type of prostitutes you’re patronizing. Those in brothels, probably yes. Those who offer their services through apps like Tinder, InMessage, you will be surprised.
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Frank83: 6:31pm On Feb 17, 2022
Thanks for the information, I know someone somewhere will get encouraged into living a happy life with his/her daily ART and knowing it's not a death sentence. God bless you OP
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by klawaaa: 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2022
Op, please advise people not to be careless to get HIV. It's still register as a disability in the states. So, its would still be a thing of career challenge in term of getting a good career prospects anywhere in the world as of today. People should be careful with how they handle body fluids and treat all body fluid as if it contains BBPs.
Megabig:
Hello Nairalanders,

I once said I will be giving a brief summary of my journey so far living with HIV. I made an initial post but deleted most of it because it was too long. I’ll try run through my journey here, the difference between Naija and the US (which is where I reside) and maybe things I would have done differently back home.

I realized I was positive in 2008. That was while still in 2nd year in the university, I won’t go into details how I felt, but what led to me privately going for a HIV test was because I had chronic headaches while in campus, infact I went home and told my parents I had migraine, we went to different hospitals and of course paid bills and got pills for migraine, when I went back to school, it continued. I tried with several pills to sure that but on doing a couple of research, I thought I should go for a hiv test, I went and then was positive. I informed my parents immediately that my migraine is gone (lol) because they kept asking how I was doing, they thought I should return maybe after 3 months to go for another general examination but because I now know what’s up, I told them I’m good.

I went to one Catholic confession because I was not sure who to tell, I don’t trust anyone including my sisters, that means I had all the secret myself. When I told the priest, he then asked me to wait after and directed me to a clinic at FMC Umuahia. My first visit there, I was not asked to start Antiretrovirals because my viral load is still above 500, what I was given was just septrin (I learnt it’s mostly to prevent cough, that’s the most deadly thing that can reduce positive person instantly).

I managed my viral load for almost 2 years until I moved from Abia to Abuja. In Abj, every positive person have to start taking Antiretroviral so I started taking that (one pill a day). Even at that time, I never told anyone, I fought and got a visa to move out of Naija and it’s been stressless all these years in the states.
Here are the disadvantages:

1. Visiting FMC Umuahia was horrible, there is confidentiality in terms of files and others. The nurses are terrible, once I get there on my scheduled appointment (of course with maybe 70-100 other people), I’ll sit at the back and they have to scream when they are calling names and everyone will turn to see who the person is. I know we all there are positive but at least respect me for once.

2. Because I wanted to be discreet which eventually paid off (please tell people you trust if you have to, me being discreet was tasking, I wish I had the courage to talk but sadly I don’t trust anyone), I had to hide my drugs, I haven’t seen something so hard in my life, because I have to take it daily, I usually have a cup for a month and then hide the other two months surplus. At the same time, I was scared someone may see it.

3. Even when I became undetectable (can’t transmit HIV), I was still too careful when dealing with people, it took me time to finally loosen up. A lot changed about me, I became very quiet most times, lost interest in a lot of things and questioned certain things as well.

4. Relationships became a huge task for me, infact I stop wooing babes, I’ve always wanted to date so as to lead to something but again I thought of a time I have to have this conversation on me being positive, that discouraged me a lot. Even though I can’t transmit, my mental state still shielded me from it all.

4. I hated taking pills but because I need to make sure I stay undetectable, it’s now a norm for me, one pill a day and that’s it. But this only happened because of my first visit to Umuahia, I thought I will see a few people there, but I was wrong. I saw people living with HIV for almost 40 years, people come with old family members to pick their pills and infact the look on their faces too seem like nothing is wrong, l loud and happy while I sat in the corner filled with thought. Again I saw people too who never took either never took their drugs or didn’t find out early they are positive therefore have very low viral load and have been attacked my illnesses or have lost so much weight. They are there to pick drugs too and keep trying. I learnt in most cases, some survive as well but sadly others won’t make it. After my second visit and research, I knew it nothing at all if I take my pill.

A different world Living in US:
1. Drugs remain free and infact delivered to my address once in 3 months.

2. I still continued my routine test free of charge to ensure I remain undetectable.

3. The amount of confidentiality is second to none (OMG), any health practitioner dealing with you is very careful to ensure he/she or the organisation don’t get sued so you are covered. Infact you come to the hospital like others and mixed with other people who came for different things (unlike Umuahia) where anyone walking into that part of the building is already known to be positive.

4. People are very open with being positive in US, people are well learned about HIV and already aware all they need is to be undetectable and that’s it unlike back home where majority will stigmatize when they hear “he/she has hiv” when it takes them just 10 seconds to google and learn more about it (knowledge is power).

Finally, since the 14 years (from the time I knew I was positive), I’ve only lost one girl I met at the clinic, I confirmed this from her Facebook account, I knew she probably will not find it funny because at the time I started conversing with her and others, she works for a firm in PH and lived with her Uncle who had kids, so she sometimes leaves her pills (so they won’t know) and can go weeks without taking it. I was scared for her because what anyone wouldn’t want to do is to have a “hiv drug resistance”.

Stop stigmatization, if someone is able to inform you about their status, let them know you are educated about this and inform them to stay undetectable.

Alert: I have never had fever or any serious health related issue since those years and I’m glad I pulled through this. Till date, no family or friend is aware.

I will finally start informing my siblings soon, at least telling them then will be a shock to them because we’ve all lived those years and they didn’t notice a thing and I’m already in control of my life.

HIV is not death sentence.

Be kind and Be blessed once again…. peace

If you discreetly need to speak to me, send an email to kelvinscottndu@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Sardonicus: 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2022
azpekuliar:

Sardonicus

There’s a third variant recently discovered in the Netherlands. It’s the most virulent. People infected with it progress to AIDS in less than 2-3 years. Good news is that it responds well to ARVS like the dominant variants.

https://www.health.com/condition/hiv/new-hiv-variant-discovered

I am worried Africans don't have enough facilities to carry out these researches ourselves and even if we do, only researches by some certain group of elites are recognized by WHO.

There is still much they don't know about this virus but they already concluded it originated from here.

If HIV is what was advertised to us in the 80s and 90s. Everybody will have it by now.
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by cococandy(f): 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2022
OP this is such a wonderful thread. Thank you for this.
Other people need to hear it from you in order to be encouraged. Sometimes healthcare workers’ advice won’t work as well as the advice of someone who is dealing with the issue themselves. Kudos to you

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by klawaaa: 6:53pm On Feb 17, 2022
Op, I think you talking of the UK. Nothing is outrightly free in the states! Someone, somewhere would have to carry the burden.
Megabig:

I don’t want you to believe, I already told my story and that’s it. Call Family health center in Harlem New York or do a simple google search
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Megabig: 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2022
slimanyd:

And have u do well to inform those 2 flings of ladies u had sex with to go for text aswell ? U no show love at all. Did you how many more of people they will have transmitted the virus too? U did the worst thing by not curbing the spread at the earliest time or saving those 2 girls u had sex with to also start taking there drugs or go for test ASAP.
I don’t know what to call you, wether to say you are daft or a dimwit. A young ignorant 200 level student that go infect and not knowing what to do, then the next thing I should do is to scream to one girl I had sec with, what if she is negative and then she now knows I’m positive and I become a risk to everyone around me. How did I get it in the first place? It flew from the air and then came to me and I transferred it to them. I should go fight them to have infected me… don’t be useless and start thinking instead of being a clown

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by cococandy(f): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
That priest was godsend
Megabig:
Devastated, worried and I lost weight in just 4 days because I was thinking. Nearly ended my life because I didn’t understand how that happened. I only had sex three times in my life at that time. Once in SS1 with condom and twice the pervious year(first year in school). I felt so stupid, like how can I be positive, how will my life transcend from there and I came from a poor family, the shame it will bring to my family and stuffs. It was a painful experience. I was planning to travel to onitcha from my school in two weeks before I decided to attend that confession in that Catholic parish because I needed someone to talk to, I knew the priest is the only person that can listen because they sit on the other side and just listen to peoples voice and not see who is speaking so it was a nice idea for me to go speak to him. His initial approach saved me. When I said I was positive, the said and so what? Is that all? Wait after confession. It’s nothing to worry about and that’s it. I think that point changed certain things about the way I was thinking about it

4 Likes

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Megabig: 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
klawaaa:
Op, I think you talking of the UK. Nothing is outrightly free in the states! Someone, somewhere would have to carry the burden.
Thats why I said sponsorships and insurance, government through taxes as well. I don’t cough out dollars for pills

1 Like

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by proclinician: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2022
GoodHardDick:

stop which kind talk? Somebody shared his story and journey to recovery to encourage others. What did a black monkey understand from the story that is making u talk nonsense. If he post such story on Quora u will see people with brains encouraging him to keep living. Are u not ashamed of urself?

1 Like

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by edimaan: 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2022
Megabig:

It’s not a risk dating someone while undetectable.

I don't think this is true.
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by EndRape2(f): 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2022
Our it is not a dead sentence , God please do not allow me have it, or allow anybody give me on Jesus name amen.

Use condom Aids is real

quote author=Megabig post=110296654]Hello Nairalanders,

I once said I will be giving a brief summary of my journey so far living with HIV. I made an initial post but deleted most of it because it was too long. I’ll try run through my journey here, the difference between Naija and the US (which is where I reside) and maybe things I would have done differently back home.

I realized I was positive in 2008. That was while still in 2nd year in the university, I won’t go into details how I felt, but what led to me privately going for a HIV test was because I had chronic headaches while in campus, infact I went home and told my parents I had migraine, we went to different hospitals and of course paid bills and got pills for migraine, when I went back to school, it continued. I tried with several pills to sure that but on doing a couple of research, I thought I should go for a hiv test, I went and then was positive. I informed my parents immediately that my migraine is gone (lol) because they kept asking how I was doing, they thought I should return maybe after 3 months to go for another general examination but because I now know what’s up, I told them I’m good.

I went to one Catholic confession because I was not sure who to tell, I don’t trust anyone including my sisters, that means I had all the secret myself. When I told the priest, he then asked me to wait after and directed me to a clinic at FMC Umuahia. My first visit there, I was not asked to start Antiretrovirals because my viral load is still above 500, what I was given was just septrin (I learnt it’s mostly to prevent cough, that’s the most deadly thing that can reduce positive person instantly).

I managed my viral load for almost 2 years until I moved from Abia to Abuja. In Abj, every positive person have to start taking Antiretroviral so I started taking that (one pill a day). Even at that time, I never told anyone, I fought and got a visa to move out of Naija and it’s been stressless all these years in the states.
Here are the disadvantages:

1. Visiting FMC Umuahia was horrible, there is confidentiality in terms of files and others. The nurses are terrible, once I get there on my scheduled appointment (of course with maybe 70-100 other people), I’ll sit at the back and they have to scream when they are calling names and everyone will turn to see who the person is. I know we all there are positive but at least respect me for once.

2. Because I wanted to be discreet which eventually paid off (please tell people you trust if you have to, me being discreet was tasking, I wish I had the courage to talk but sadly I don’t trust anyone), I had to hide my drugs, I haven’t seen something so hard in my life, because I have to take it daily, I usually have a cup for a month and then hide the other two months surplus. At the same time, I was scared someone may see it.

3. Even when I became undetectable (can’t transmit HIV), I was still too careful when dealing with people, it took me time to finally loosen up. A lot changed about me, I became very quiet most times, lost interest in a lot of things and questioned certain things as well.

4. Relationships became a huge task for me, infact I stop wooing babes, I’ve always wanted to date so as to lead to something but again I thought of a time I have to have this conversation on me being positive, that discouraged me a lot. Even though I can’t transmit, my mental state still shielded me from it all.

4. I hated taking pills but because I need to make sure I stay undetectable, it’s now a norm for me, one pill a day and that’s it. But this only happened because of my first visit to Umuahia, I thought I will see a few people there, but I was wrong. I saw people living with HIV for almost 40 years, people come with old family members to pick their pills and infact the look on their faces too seem like nothing is wrong, l loud and happy while I sat in the corner filled with thought. Again I saw people too who never took either never took their drugs or didn’t find out early they are positive therefore have very low viral load and have been attacked my illnesses or have lost so much weight. They are there to pick drugs too and keep trying. I learnt in most cases, some survive as well but sadly others won’t make it. After my second visit and research, I knew it nothing at all if I take my pill.

A different world Living in US:
1. Drugs remain free and infact delivered to my address once in 3 months.

2. I still continued my routine test free of charge to ensure I remain undetectable.

3. The amount of confidentiality is second to none (OMG), any health practitioner dealing with you is very careful to ensure he/she or the organisation don’t get sued so you are covered. Infact you come to the hospital like others and mixed with other people who came for different things (unlike Umuahia) where anyone walking into that part of the building is already known to be positive.

4. People are very open with being positive in US, people are well learned about HIV and already aware all they need is to be undetectable and that’s it unlike back home where majority will stigmatize when they hear “he/she has hiv” when it takes them just 10 seconds to google and learn more about it (knowledge is power).

Finally, since the 14 years (from the time I knew I was positive), I’ve only lost one girl I met at the clinic, I confirmed this from her Facebook account, I knew she probably will not find it funny because at the time I started conversing with her and others, she works for a firm in PH and lived with her Uncle who had kids, so she sometimes leaves her pills (so they won’t know) and can go weeks without taking it. I was scared for her because what anyone wouldn’t want to do is to have a “hiv drug resistance”.

Stop stigmatization, if someone is able to inform you about their status, let them know you are educated about this and inform them to stay undetectable.

Alert: I have never had fever or any serious health related issue since those years and I’m glad I pulled through this. Till date, no family or friend is aware.

I will finally start informing my siblings soon, at least telling them then will be a shock to them because we’ve all lived those years and they didn’t notice a thing and I’m already in control of my life.

HIV is not death sentence.

Be kind and Be blessed once again…. peace

If you discreetly need to speak to me, send an email to kelvinscottndu@gmail.com[/quote]
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by slimanyd: 7:15pm On Feb 17, 2022
Megabig:
I don’t know what to call you, wether to say you are daft or a dimwit. A young ignorant 200 level student that go infect and not knowing what to do, then the next thing I should do is to scream to one girl I had sec with, what if she is negative and then she now knows I’m positive and I become a risk to everyone around me. How did I get it in the first place? It flew from the air and then came to me and I transferred it to them. I should go fight them to have infected me… don’t be useless and start thinking instead of being a clown

Now I see why u are such a bittered soul. At your young age. U already know how to sleep with different girls all in the name of been a big guy abi . Ode, He even said he was ignorant . Stfu. But he wasn't ignorant of having sex with different ladies abi. Its south sha u got what u got via same enjoyment of ignorant . Osinwin eniyan.
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Johnsonifeoluwa(m): 7:15pm On Feb 17, 2022
The goal for a art patient is for the virus to become
Undetectable
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Golan007: 7:16pm On Feb 17, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

Bros are you ok? Someone that is living the life and is experiencing the reality is telling you the facts of his life directly, and you are telling him it's a lie because you watched a YouTube video? Have you researched on NGOs that take care of people with HIV in America too?

When you got infected where you charged for the drugs there in America?

I pity you.

Why do you guys always assume one operates at your level?

I'm telling you nothing in America is free.

Absolutely nothing.
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 17, 2022
Wonderful. All the best to you
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Megabig: 7:26pm On Feb 17, 2022
slimanyd:

Now I see why u are such a bittered soul. At your young age. U already know how to sleep with different girls all in the name of been a big guy abi . Ode, He even said he was ignorant . Stfu. But he wasn't ignorant of having sex with different ladies abi. Its south sha u got what u got via same enjoyment of ignorant . Osinwin eniyan.
I just lectured people and I believe they got it. Stay ignorant or choose to learn

4 Likes

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Megabig: 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2022
edimaan:

I don't think this is true.
we work with facts. Having sec without condom is a risk. Do a research on your own. I mentioned undetectable. But for something like Hiv, I’ll always tell my partner, it’s unfair to date someone knowing to have something like Hiv or any long term ailment at all and not disclose it at all…

1 Like

Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by Neddstark: 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2022
Megabig:

I honestly don’t know, as at the time I got tested, I’ve only had sex thrice, once SS1 and then twice in Year 1 in school. I have tracked those girls I’ve had stuff with in the past just to see if one is loosing weight or something but they are all married and with kids. Till date, I can’t think of where and how. Also the only time I had sex without condom was the times in the university.

Wow. Your story is interesting and elightening. This hamade many people fighting the scourge more confident today.
Re: My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons) by phenase(m): 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2022
But there are some people that their immune system is antidote to HIV. No matter what , they can never get it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation / The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood / Lady Dies After Giving Birth To Her 2nd Set Of Triplets At Traditional Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.