Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) (54564 Views)

What Is The Strangest Thing You Know You've Ever Eaten? (Pic) / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? / Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by armyofone(m): 9:41pm On Feb 17, 2022
TUTU147:
Na so I enter one restaurant like that when fine fine girl dey serve food,I just ordered vegetable soup and goat meat.The girls dey smile with me oooo and I dey happy for my mind.After I finished eating I call one of them to come and collect money,me I feel say as egusi soup and semo be 500, vegetable go be like 700,I was shock when the girl tell me say my money na 1600 with bottle water.Omo I no no when I shout for wetin,no be a plate una give me.na so the madam come out dey ask what is the problem,I happily dey explain to her and she said that is the price, come still dey ask the girl if I collect extra.I look up and down I no no what to say.Na so I think transfer money give them.since that day til today I dey always ask about the price of food before I eat.

Interesting - how much would you have spent on the same food at a local restaurant ?

3 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by juman(m): 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2022
Very expensive restaurants, if they offer me their food for free, I will decline most of those food.

2 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Sanmel(f): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
TUTU147:
Na so I enter one restaurant like that when fine fine girl dey serve food,I just ordered vegetable soup and goat meat.The girls dey smile with me oooo and I dey happy for my mind.After I finished eating I call one of them to come and collect money,me I feel say as egusi soup and semo be 500, vegetable go be like 700,I was shock when the girl tell me say my money na 1600 with bottle water.Omo I no no when I shout for wetin,no be a plate una give me.na so the madam come out dey ask what is the problem,I happily dey explain to her and she said that is the price, come still dey ask the girl if I collect extra.I look up and down I no no what to say.Na so I think transfer money give them.since that day til today I dey always ask about the price of food before I eat.
No dey ask for price of wetin you wan put for your belle... O wrong nau, it's your money... Chop it anyhow grin
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by kowalsky: 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
Lol. I went out January first to a restaurant that matches everything youve said and I can confirm the food was thrash.

Spent over 50k on a full platter and the only thing I could stomach was the ice fish repackaged as 'grilled fish.'

And na my last card be that oh. I was trying to impress this girl. In the end I just felt like crying cry

3 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Dawn91(m): 9:43pm On Feb 17, 2022
My bro you got it right grin

You missed when they bring 3 menus ..

St micheals always gives me 3 menus anytime I go there .

One for desert and starter then on for drinks and one for main course ... grin

All the mebues are carved wooden covers o

angry

But I like eating there sha
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2022
Op, you try... Let him that hath ears hear!

Nor be everywhere guyman dey shook head enter all in the name of impressing babe!

You might think worst case scenario, your 15k last card in your Visa card will handle it... When bill show, your eyes go clear! When you see bill of 95k, you will deeply understand the meaning of 5-Star!!!

This is 2022... Guys, no go dey do pass yourself!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Sanmel(f): 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:

Especially when e nu be ur money...
cheesy
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Elsueno: 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2022
U mean like that $1000 Valentine restaurant. grin...........The rich and the affluent say u ain't paying for the ridiculously expensive FOOD but for the connection u ho make. A mean even the underboss of Nigerian mafia might be dining thier sef

On a serious note, I will pay top dollar to eat premium sushi in a restaurant....this has nothing to do with anything...just my passion

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Chinnems(m): 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2022
I reject poverty, in Jesus' name...

2 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 9:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
southsouthking:
I rep mama put for now.
ose.i dey feel you.i wonder why guys find it uncomfortable to take their babes to buka, join que, when it's your turn order for what you want and put your plate through a wooden hole to take your rice or swallow.i guarantee you that you won't spend up to ₦1k

I don't understand why people go to fancy restaurants where the food is barely enough,you cannot take one more plate or order for more,you cannot feel free and relaxed.abegiiii

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by highoctane: 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2022
My breakfast.
5 ounce of caviar+espresso coffee at a proper degree+ mutton+ fresh baked cookies+ dash of veggies.
And Yours
Fried beans cake+1 day old half loaf of bread+ Water.
All that is required is give thanks of gratitude to God for what he provided.

1 Like

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2022
Lol grin
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by pacespot(m): 9:49pm On Feb 17, 2022
We already had a restaurant charging $1000 per meal, someone has to be careful with how they use their legs waka enter any business these days grin. Thanks for the info, @op

Nigerians want to turn this country into a land for a rich man alone, meanwhile majority of citizens are poor.

4 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by udemzyudex(m): 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2022
Donaluta:
Na Una dey yab Twitter as place weh people dey lie.. yet na Una dey carry wetin those liars post dey come nairaland

Scroll down on nairaland front page make you read the disclaimer for there.

Abi you think say most people wey dey here no dey twitter or even be influencers for twitter?
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by TUTU147: 9:50pm On Feb 17, 2022
Sanmel:
No dey ask for price of wetin you wan put for your belle... O wrong nau, it's your money... Chop it anyhow grin
Hmmm so that I go use my weekly transport eat for one day
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by EXOUSIAng: 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2022
Shiro at Land mark.
La Tarvena in V I
Those two have given me bills that shocked me.
Avoid Raddison Blu VI.

These places I mentioned are worth it if you have the money.
The ambience at Shiro is something else.

4 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by therajah: 9:51pm On Feb 17, 2022
vision2050:
Last last plate washer grin
If the consequence of eating and not paying is washing plates, pple go full the restaurant!!

6 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Josbreed: 9:55pm On Feb 17, 2022
What will take me to see the toilet when I have seen all the red flags? I go japa. No me no toilet.

3 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by wonder233: 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2022
OP What do you mean by Ajah/Sangotedo is not island? Your brain must be paining you.
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by IbileIfe: 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
Simply Look Before You Leap.
You don't jump into a swimming pool when you cannot swim.
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Jumbojax(m): 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
This reminds me of that I go dye joke "for snail" grin

https://tr-quiz.xyz/84223500836072311/ Do quizzes to earn US dollars, easily earn 1 US dollars in 1 minute, and anyone who logs in to our website will get 10 US dollars.
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by vivalavida(m): 9:57pm On Feb 17, 2022
ScamHunter:
My dear, I entered one today. Imagine a plate of fufu and soup for #500 in this Buhari regime.

Not this kind of restaurant oga. Na brokenness dey do u.
The day I visited uyo and decided to eat at the tropicana, I entered one restaurant there. The menu was like journal as described by OP. The least price on the menu was about 3k or so. I just stood up and left

2 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2022
Sanmel:
Lol..
A nairalander took me to one around NNPC, not an expensive place though, ordered for 2 plates of poundo yam, egusi soup and turkey.. I decided to ask how much per plate and the waiter said ₦5,500.. My appetite just run immediately and then I told him to bring just one plate.. I ate little out of that one..
I just pity the guy sha because to me he had already spent enough before he ordered that meal.
most of these fancy restaurant places, their food always taste thrash meanwhile they focus all their attention on the interiors and exteriors of the environment, of which they pay their staff poorly.omo I'll choose a buka anyday to fancy restaurant

Reminds me of a day I was around Eko hotel and suites,I was thirsty and hungry so i walked into the restaurant Side of the hotel.i asked them How much is bottled water, they were hesitant in answering me.they just said I should go and sit down and relax that the waiter will bring the water and food.fortunately for me I told him to bring the water first.he asked can I open it sir? I said hold on,I glanced at the menu.1 bottle of water wey them dey sell for ₦100 inside hold up or in small retail shops,them call am ₦1k! I exclaimed ₦1 thousand ? shocked

I had to ask do you mean the entire carton of water or just this bottled water? He said the bottle water.omo,I told him to excuse me,I talked to my legs immediately.i left the vicinity completely.at that point I wasn't interested in the food any longer shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Clinghton: 9:59pm On Feb 17, 2022
Well I don't mind spending a few notes, just for the fun.
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 10:00pm On Feb 17, 2022
therajah:

If the consequence of eating and not paying is washing plates, pple go full the restaurant!!
they don't wash plates o shocked

They get them arrested.they already know Nigerians will try that stunt and that's why they have security guards in almost every part of the restaurant

4 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by clothingonline(m): 10:02pm On Feb 17, 2022
Expensive restaurants are for rich only u eat a plate 15k above

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by BabbanBura(m): 10:02pm On Feb 17, 2022
candidladyTemp:
cheesy

The mama Cass part made me laugh so mad...

Whenever iam in karu... Melvino is where ipass time... After enough marigold we head straight to mama Cass around orange village maraba to place crazy orders...

Modified:; FTC I dedicate this to all those going through whatever heartbreak...

Just take a chill pill and lit some marigold!!!

Come here mek I show u levels, Abuja still dey learn for the true capital of naija!
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 10:02pm On Feb 17, 2022
Ekez:
Mehn I have been there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

When the bill come cold catch me

Babe be like""what's it ,
I said nothing shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin

Reminds me of the night I went to jevnik In PH to chop..after we don set orders for two plates of assorted ofensala, as take away, bill enter... I look my friend laugh....Na packaging be business sha.

Same place, a table next to ours, one guy carry babe show, The babe chop the food small, they stood up and left... grin grin the look on the guy's face can kill a lion.. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by ScamHunter: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2022
vivalavida:

Not this kind of restaurant oga. Na brokenness dey do u.
The day I visited uyo and decided to eat at the tropicana, I entered one restaurant there. The menu was like journal as described by OP. The least price on the menu was about 3k or so. I just stood up and left

Imagine 3k a plate for this bUhari gournment

3 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by DaddyRochie1642: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2022
kowalsky:
Lol. I went out January first to a restaurant that matches everything youve said and I can confirm the food was thrash.

Spent over 50k on a full platter and the only thing I could stomach was the ice fish repackaged as 'grilled fish.'

And na my last card be that oh. I was trying to impress this girl. In the end I just felt like crying cry

Oga to slap you dey hungry me

3 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by vivalavida(m): 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2022
ScamHunter:

Imagine 3k a plate for this bUhari gournment

The least oooo
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by chukwuibuipob: 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2022
grin cheesy grin sad grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked cool undiluted truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pharmacist Angry As The ₦2,500 Food He Ordered Was Packaged With Ponmo & Egg / Naija Man Makes The Best Okra Soup In Brazil! (pix) / Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.