Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,668 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) (54583 Views)

What Is The Strangest Thing You Know You've Ever Eaten? (Pic) / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? / Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by tonididdy(m): 12:07am On Feb 18, 2022
grin grin grin this reminds me of an outing with a bigman friend

a childhood friend/ life helper called me up to meet him at a club bar. When I got there he was on one wine bottle sipping alone. So the waiter brought a second glass

Am not good with alcoholics, so a few less than half glasses I was done.

Then I got a call, I told him I wanted to leave so I called the waitress ( I wanted to pay for the drink) He insisted... I insisted, he insisted again, I insisted a second time and he called me by my name and ask me to forget about paying ( I told myself this was the last time I would insist and I will give up on offering to paying) ... Lol so I insisted the last time being the 3rd and he said OK.

So the waitress showed up and I'm like how much is the wine bill... I tot my ears were playing games onr when I heard 40k shocked

I almost fainted... But I paid sha ( those were my sapa days tho).

... I marked that club building. As long as I was consigned it was a no go area.

2 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by linearity: 12:09am On Feb 18, 2022
Free chips & bread with butter
As you enter, you nova order dem bring that their basket with free chips, sauces and bread with butter.

Get up and locate the exit.

Menu
If them bring menu, their menu contain section for wine, appetizers, main course and desserts.

Run and don’t look back.

1 Like

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by tonididdy(m): 12:10am On Feb 18, 2022
I love eating at restaurants in or outside Nigeria.

As a naija guy, you can easily weigh a restaurant and know, I can afford to eat here.

Indian restaurant are the cheapest... Chinese are expensive

2 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Soukiss(m): 12:42am On Feb 18, 2022
heniford2:
Hustle smart and enjoy ur life grin nothing is expensive than life
no b lie brother.my life is my richness
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Panda7(m): 1:46am On Feb 18, 2022
so I can't go to a restaurant and order my tummy size
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by bibianna(f): 1:53am On Feb 18, 2022
Absolute warning! Lol
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Microwhy: 2:06am On Feb 18, 2022
Mumbai people (GM) went to a restaurant and confess that Augusto is expensive...
When a plate of salad is almost enough to buy 25kg of parboiled rice.

1 Like

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Maxie110(m): 4:03am On Feb 18, 2022
I went to a cozy restaurant one day, although I've been observing the place while driving along.
One day devil just push me enter the place. The 1st red light started from the gate with the way the security personnel addressed me, directed me where to pack. Looked around to see cars within my range I no see
I took a bold step, came down from my car and went to the poolside, saw plenty white men and women and high ranked officers.
smartly dressed waitress came immediately to take my orders, as a sharp guy, I ordered for star radler cos I know las las I can afford with ease.
Brethren, guess how much I paid? Only the VAT is close to the regular price.

Thank God I didn't order for all those chips n chicken, oysters etc.

2 Likes

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Nobody: 4:22am On Feb 18, 2022
...No 2. Run for your life!
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 4:26am On Feb 18, 2022
Sanmel:
cheesy Did you really ask them if it was for the entire carton.. Lol..
Is good to know anyways to avoid embarrassment..

There was a time I worked at a well known hotel in Lekki where they sell 50cl voltic water for ₦750 (75cl bottled water was still ₦50 then o) and I use to wonder how some people will take more than one and some won't even finish it..

Somebody will even pay ₦20000 for beans and plantain and will not still finish it.. sad

This money must be made sha...
I asked o.i no dey shy for all those things

The thing is if you work for your money,there are somethings you will find unreasonably expensive and wasteful.how I go spend ₦20k on beans and dodo wey be say if I go market,I won't spend more than ₦2k in buying the ingredients for beans and dodo
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 4:26am On Feb 18, 2022
Sanmel:
cheesy Did you really ask them if it was for the entire carton.. Lol..
Is good to know anyways to avoid embarrassment..

There was a time I worked at a well known hotel in Lekki where they sell 50cl voltic water for ₦750 (75cl bottled water was still ₦50 then o) and I use to wonder how some people will take more than one and some won't even finish it..

Somebody will even pay ₦20000 for beans and plantain and will not still finish it.. sad

This money must be made sha...

The thing is if you work for your money,there are somethings you will find unreasonably expensive and wasteful.how I go spend ₦20k on beans and dodo wey be say if I go market,I won't spend more than ₦2k in buying the ingredients for beans and dodo shocked
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 4:28am On Feb 18, 2022
mployer:

grin

You escaped from scammers. Nonsense.
as in.on top wetin? When I no be 419 I go come dey spend money so wastefully? Impossible.though some people don't consider it as waste of money
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by heniford2: 4:53am On Feb 18, 2022
TUTU147:
If life favour you no think say na you hustle pass,na grace.
nothing like grace seek nd u shall find wealthy undecided
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by patosky3310(m): 5:02am On Feb 18, 2022
Is it now a crime to be a big man?
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by micflo28(m): 5:20am On Feb 18, 2022
For Hilton hotel in abuja a bottle of coke goes for 1,500 naira. Coke wey I Dey buy 200 naira for aboki shop. Even if I have billions in account I won’t lavish money like that.
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by phenase(m): 5:56am On Feb 18, 2022
last last, some people don't mind spending much money there as far as they are getting a healthy food. I hope Op, you're talking from experience.
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by goodman5(m): 5:59am On Feb 18, 2022
I dey ask price to avoid to dey Wash plate grin
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Pipefitter: 6:02am On Feb 18, 2022
Bro if Ajah no be island, what of me wet dey Eleko? I don die
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by HIbreed(m): 6:15am On Feb 18, 2022
tutudesz:
If you enter restaurant and they direct you to a seat and greet Good Afternoon Sir na expensive place lipsrsealed but if you enter restaurant and you hear watin you wan chop grin
grin grin
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by HIbreed(m): 6:17am On Feb 18, 2022
tonididdy:
grin grin grin this reminds me of an outing with a bigman friend

a childhood friend/ life helper called me up to meet him at a club bar. When I got there he was on one wine bottle sipping alone. So the waiter brought a second glass

Am not good with alcoholics, so a few less than half glasses I was done.

Then I got a call, I told him I wanted to leave so I called the waitress ( I wanted to pay for the drink) He insisted... I insisted, he insisted again, I insisted a second time and he called me by my name and ask me to forget about paying ( I told myself this was the last time I would insist and I will give up on offering to paying) ... Lol so I insisted the last time being the 3rd and he said OK.

So the waitress showed up and I'm like how much is the wine bill... I tot my ears were playing games onr when I heard 40k shocked

I almost fainted... But I paid sha ( those were my sapa days tho).

... I marked that club building. As long as I was consigned it was a no go area.

this would pass as a good, interesting comedy. grin

1 Like

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by coolhumble(m): 6:45am On Feb 18, 2022
Very funny and detailed. I like the way you put everything down in a funny way! � � �
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Focusmind: 6:46am On Feb 18, 2022
"If the music follow you enter toilet". I can relate.
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Sanmel(f): 7:06am On Feb 18, 2022
elonmuskbaby:

The thing is if you work for your money,there are somethings you will find unreasonably expensive and wasteful.how I go spend ₦20k on beans and dodo wey be say if I go market,I won't spend more than ₦2k in buying the ingredients for beans and dodo shocked
In such places, you pay for the exquisite environment and then mostly elites and foreigners come there..
If you are lucky sef, someone can tip you with more than your salary..
All those expensive food and drinks sef, we still dey consume am anyhow for corner, just that you can't take it out..
I miss working there though, I was there on contract basis..
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:25am On Feb 18, 2022
if you see Mumbai people or Chinese ! grin
This OP na case
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Lifewasgood: 7:38am On Feb 18, 2022
Na so I smart that year carry my girl, my guy and girl say make we go eat buffet Asian Town PH. 4 people eat 4 plate with one Andre and one can Fanta and normal 4 bottle waters, bill come out 46k. I nor fit vex come out cos na me carry people comot, inside me na die I dey.
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 7:50am On Feb 18, 2022
The car park alone suppose send chills
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 7:52am On Feb 18, 2022
micflo28:
For Hilton hotel in abuja a bottle of coke goes for 1,500 naira. Coke wey I Dey buy 200 naira for aboki shop. Even if I have billions in account I won’t lavish money like that.
If you have billions you go buy coke 5k

1 Like

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 8:05am On Feb 18, 2022
Sanmel:

In such places, you pay for the exquisite environment and then mostly elites and foreigners come there..
If you are lucky sef, someone can tip you with more than your salary..
All those expensive food and drinks sef, we still dey consume am anyhow for corner, just that you can't take it out..
I miss working there though, I was there on contract basis..
were you a waiter there? were you paid in commensurate measure to the services you put in THERE? Were you respected and treated with dignity? Those are what counts even if it's on contract basis.meanwhile even if you collect ₦500 million per month as salary or via buisnness.i mean the one you worked for o not proceeds of stolen wealth from government or innocent people, there's a way you will spend money.its people who got their money through violence, cheating or stealing that spend money wastefully like that.theres an addage that says once you fetch water and carry it on your head from the stream YOU WILL KNOW THE VALUE OF EVERY DROP
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by feed70: 8:07am On Feb 18, 2022
WriterNig:
@Lord_Of_Saarl tweeted;

I go one lounge go drink 2 Heineken at the rate of 2000 each chai!! I vex that night enter morning coz na one crate money be that if I just drink am for my house.no be juju be that

1. Waiter:

2. Menu:

3. Music:

4. Temperature:

5. Lighting:

6. Customers:

7. Car Park:

8. Mode of Payment:

9. Location:

10. Food Portion:

11. Miscellaneous:

12. The Ceiling:

13. The Toilet:

14. Excellent Customer Service:

Feel free to add yours ❤️❤️
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by elonmuskbaby: 8:13am On Feb 18, 2022
tonididdy:
I love eating at restaurants in or outside Nigeria.

As a naija guy, you can easily weigh a restaurant and know, I can afford to eat here.

Indian restaurant are the cheapest... Chinese are expensive
the Lebanese restaurants too are relatively affordable.when I went to one I bought 1 plate of fried rice and chicken ₦2500.their meat pie Na ₦300 and the good thing is their foods are tasty.the outside looks equisite though but there are no security to usher you inside.i guess it's for the grassroot and middle income earners.same thing with the restaurants in ShopRite and Silverbird cinemas but in this life no do pass yourself o.e get why cheesy

1 Like

Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by TheiaTalks: 8:16am On Feb 18, 2022
WriterNig:
@Lord_Of_Saarl tweeted;

1. Waiter:

2. Menu:

3. Music:

4. Temperature:

5. Lighting:

6. Customers:

7. Car Park:

8. Mode of Payment:

9. Location:

10. Food Portion:

11. Miscellaneous:

12. The Ceiling:

13. The Toilet:

14. Excellent Customer Service:

Feel free to add yours ❤️❤️

Oh my Goish! cheesy this is so funny grin
Re: Signs To Know You've Entered An Overpriced Restaurant. SHINE YA EYES! (Photos) by Mom007(f): 8:21am On Feb 18, 2022
Lol. They are talking expensive restaurants some people are saying 1500...
Op. You forgot to add this as no1
You sit down and the waiter brings you a tray of steamed rolled towels and uses a stainless steel picker to hand everyone sitting a steamed towel to sanitize their hands before even taking your orders! My dear, just excuse yourself and run! Or else, You go pay like white!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Food I Saw Versus The Food I Cooked / Pharmacist Angry As The ₦2,500 Food He Ordered Was Packaged With Ponmo & Egg / What's The Price Of A 50kg Bag Of Rice In Your Area In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.