Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ (4585 Views)

RCCG Member: I Deliver N2.5m Ransom To My In-law’s Kidnappers / Meet Gbenga Alalade, Architect Behind Living Faith Ark (Photos) / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Backlaw406(m): 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Let's enlighten ourselves a bit here!

The white men you people are looking at as Gods also passed through all these stages before they got to where they are today.
So i'm not defending spiritualism on this note but telling you that our people back then had lots of misconceptions due to lack of continuity in their research unlike the white who continue to further their research from where others stopped.
My own grandpa never attended any school he told me what he himself witnessed but another may see the same thing and start making incantations against the python hence a totally confusing story may suffice. smiley

Man, with this issue of python head I can argue you to heaven, The oyinbo discovery on python's head had been out before Alawiye textbook was published and even most of our forefathers knew the truth before oyinbo discovery but they just want to portrait it like that just to make it interesting, I understood they mean no harm but they didn't know the gravity it could misform us. they want to make it look like story of tortoise and other animals that used to give us happiness and goosebump those fairytales tell by the moonlight.

Or will you tell me our forefathers were still ignorant of python has a real head not human like before Alawiye was published. If not, why they have to portrait it like that in a textbook which one tribe would read. I tell you, they did it delibrately.
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
Backlaw406:

Man, with this issue of python head I can argue you to heaven, The oyinbo discovery on python's head had been out before Alawiye textbook was published and even most of our forefathers knew the truth before oyinbo discovery but they just want to portrait it like that just to make it interesting, I understood they mean no harm but they didn't know the gravity it could misform us. they want to make it look like story of tortoise and other animals that used to give us happiness and goosebump those fairytales tell by the moonlight.

Or will you tell me our forefathers were still ignorant of python has a real head not human like before Alawiye was published. If not, why they have to portrait it like that in a textbook which one tribe would read. I tell you, they did it delibrately.

Where is Alàwìíyé today?
My friend, it was a misconception and since our people do fear to challenge such stories due to fear of the unknown, they kept it like that until many now found out the truth.

For Instance in Abéòkúta there is a tribe known as Òwu people, my own grandpa (the hunter) came from there. This people don't drink palm wine and they strongly believe that whoever does among their people will face the wrath of the gods. This has been for years until i asked one man a friend to my grandpa why such rule when others in the same Abéòkúta do drink Palm wine!
He said
"Our people came to settle here with other tribes due to the troubles of the Ọ̀yọ́ empire. When they came there was nothing here other than the palm trees, so they concluded that they will trade in palm oil, palm kernel and other things related to the Palm tree. But once you tap wine from the Palm tree it's dead and will stop producing the fruit we need for money so our people made it a rule that none of them should taste the palm wine again and laid a curse on violators of this rule."

My next question is"what will happen to anyone who violates such rule?"
He said "when our people lay a curse on something, the fear of the gods won't let any of their children go against it. Though i don't know what may happen but i believe in the gods of our land"

Do you think after hearing such from him i will be carried away with the superstition or the facts behind the establishment of such rule? undecided

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
When it comes to technology today no country on this planet can rubbish China, yet we all know that Chinese believe in the supernatural.
So what exactly are we talking about? smiley

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Backlaw406(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Where is Alàwìíyé today?
My friend, it was a misconception and since our people do fear to challenge such stories due to fear of the unknown, they kept it like that until many now found out the truth.

For Instance in Abéòkúta there is a tribe known as Òwu people, my own grandpa (the hunter) came from there. This people don't drink palm wine and they strongly believe that whoever does among their people will face the wrath of the gods. This has been for years until i asked one man a friend to my grandpa why such rule when others in the same Abéòkúta do drink Palm wine!
He said
"Our people came to settle here with other tribes due to the troubles of the Ọ̀yọ́ empire. When they came there was nothing here other than the palm trees, so they concluded that they will trade in palm oil, palm kernel and other things related to the Palm tree. But once you tap wine from the Palm tree it's dead and will stop producing the fruit we need for money so our people made it a rule that none of them should taste the palm wine again and laid a curse on violators of this rule."

My next question is"what will happen to anyone who violates such rule?"
He said "when our people lay a curse on something, the fear of the gods won't let any of their children go against it. Though i don't know what may happen but i believe in the gods of our land"

Do you think after hearing such from him i will be carried away with the superstition or the facts behind the establishment of such rule? undecided

That's why I said we should open room for asking of question to verify of any belief, rules and regulation and we seek about the truth on it to stop any fear, the threat and damages it could cause. You as a wise person, you asked about it and you know the truth, not everybody of that tribe would bother to ask if truely they would die if they violated that rule hence they will be living in fear and restricted of tapping palmwine from their palmtree which they grow themselves and they will be going miles to buy palmwines just because of merely superstition. Apart from that, it deprives people of making palmwine advantages of making money

So, do they still follow that rule till now or it has stopped?
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2022
Lindodo20:
Mumu dey worry this boy
I pity his parents
Step up if you have proof abeg! undecided
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
Exactly what is the challenge here? He did not specify. Is it the first to strike him down dead or what?

Elijah's challenge was clear, "You prophets of Baal, pray to your god, and I will pray to the Lord. The god who answers by setting fire to his wood is the true God.”

This chap hasn't made the challenge clear.
He hasn't made his challenge clear in what sense? undecided

Also,you do realize that you cannot make similar challenge in the same of God, right? You have no right given you by God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to do as Elijah did, right? undecided
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
Backlaw406:

That's why I said we should open room for asking of question to verify of any belief, rules and regulation and we seek about the truth on it to stop any fear, the threat and damages it could cause. You as a wise person, you asked about it and you know the truth, not everybody of that tribe would bother to ask if truely they would die if they violated that rule hence they will be living in fear and restricted of tapping palmwine from their palmtree which they grow themselves and they will be going miles to buy palmwines just because of merely superstition. Apart from that, it deprives people of making palmwine advantages of making money

So, do they still follow that rule till now or it has stopped?

My grandpa is dead now and most of the people i know back then are gone as well but Ọbásanjọ́ is from there, perhaps let anyone who knows him tell us if he used to take palm wine! smiley

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Backlaw406(m): 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

My grandpa is dead now and most of the people i know back then are gone as well but Ọbásanjọ́ is from there, perhaps let anyone who knows him tell us if he used to take palm wine! smiley

Hahaha, I can bet my ball, Obasanjo would have taken palmwine before and still taking it now if neccessary. Can Obasanjo stick to that belief, even I myself have seen many Olowu taken palmwine
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2022
Backlaw406:

Hahaha, I can bet my ball, Obasanjo would have taken palmwine before and still taking it now if neccessary. Can Obasanjo stick to that belief, even I myself have seen many Olowu taken palmwine

Well up till now i haven't seen any of their sons or daughters go against that rule.
Not while they claim to be sons or daughters of the soil of Òwu Kingdom. smiley
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by FatherOfJesus: 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Why would I make excuses for 'juju'? Do I look like a juju woman to you? grin
Because if juju is fake then Christians re lairs cheesy
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by FatherOfJesus: 2:49pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
When it comes to technology today no country on this planet can rubbish China, yet we all know that Chinese believe in the supernatural.
So what exactly are we talking about? smiley
is it that you are ignorant or you are just a liar grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
He hasn't made his challenge clear in what sense? undecided

Also,you do realize that you cannot make similar challenge in the same of God, right? You have no right given you by God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to do as Elijah did, right? undecided

You obviously didn't understand my point. Have a blessed weekend. Over and out.

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
PastorMIsBack:
You obviously didn't understand my point. Have a blessed weekend. Over and out.
Answer the questions asked! undecided
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Lindodo20: 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Step up if you have proof abeg! undecided

Lol grin I'm living proof
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2022
Lindodo20:
Lol grin I'm living proof
How so? undecided
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

Is it that you are ignorant or you are just a liar grin
Stupid idiot! cheesy
You want to carry propaganda on your head instead of FACTS. We've been watching Chinese movies since we were kids and it's filled with SPIRITISM.
So if fabricated lies that you're reading in papers can deceive you, it can't deceive people who have eyes to see! smiley

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
If you guys aren't stupid to know that ATHEISM is another form of religion and those involved are also PREACHING to gain more people.
We know that they can lie to deceive you but your eyes can't deceive you! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by FatherOfJesus: 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Stupid idiot! cheesy
You want to carry propaganda on your head instead of FACTS. We've been watching Chinese movies since we were kids and it's filled with SPIRITISM.
So if fabricated lies that you're reading in papers can deceive you, it can't deceive people who have eyes to see! smiley
We will believe a lying Christian and disbelieve the statistics by Wikipedia and studies cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

We will believe a lying Christian and disbelieve the statistics by Wikipedia and studies cheesy
Who are behind your so called Wikipedia?
Didn't your Wikipedia say atheists are ruling in China?
Is this not the current president of China in the below picture?
Continue deceiving yourselves! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by FatherOfJesus: 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I thought I specifically stated in my ten commandment that you shouldn't lie cheesy
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by FatherOfJesus: 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

all relaible sources are saying something but a lying deluded jevhovah unwitness wants me to take him seriously cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:27pm On Feb 18, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

all relaible sources are saying something but a lying deluded jevhovah unwitness wants me to take him seriously cheesy

OK if they want to believe someone's sanity it's you who started a thread saying you don't exist that should be taken seriously, shey? cheesy

O boy see China president with your own eyes! shocked

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:45pm On Feb 18, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
I thought I specifically stated in my ten commandment that you shouldn't lie cheesy
Stupidity is when you're seeing something with your own eyes but chose to believe lies than reality!
China has had lot of issues regarding religion and many has been killed due to religious wars in the past so if many now consider themselves atheists it doesn't imply that they don't believe in supernaturals rather they want to avoid troubles erupting from religious reasons.
So use your brains and not your nose to think! undecided
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by FatherOfJesus: 6:53pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Stupidity is when you're seeing something with your own eyes but chose to believe lies than reality!
China has had lot of issues regarding religion and many has been killed due to religious wars in the past so if many now consider themselves atheists it doesn't imply that they don't believe in supernaturals rather they want to avoid troubles erupting from religious reasons.
no wonder Jehovah witness is banned in China cheesy

Because of nitwits like you. China doesn't want their citizens to become idiots cheesy
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by FatherOfJesus: 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

They even banned your useless. Church cheesy

They are trying to stop their citizens from talking and acting like you cheesy

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by FatherOfJesus: 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

OK if they want to believe someone's sanity it's you who started a thread saying you don't exist that should be taken seriously, shey? cheesy

O boy see China president with your own eyes! shocked
your useless church is banned in China. Because your people are idiots, China don't want idiots in their society grin

Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Elluminated: 6:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Eeyaa pẹ̀lẹ́, sorry for your ass! cheesy

Have you PERSONALLY travelled to measure the distance between planets or you just swallow what they told you hook line and sinker?
If not then why do you doubt the event recorded and found on Google but won't doubt what some people told you about the distance between planets found on the same Google? cheesy
How can one be this d.aft?
No be juju be that?
Your Ancestors didn't personally receive your religion from God but they believed the story of white Jesus given to them in a book.
Why are you not open to finding out things for yourself?
Sometimes I do wonder, this guy deh openly use product of science and technology dey cap this rubbish over the internet another product of science but has guts to dare scientific facts.
S=V.t
Go figure
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
They even banned your useless. Church cheesy
They are trying to stop their citizens from talking and acting like you cheesy

Because they banned religions meddling in their political affairs doesn't mean they have stopped believing in the supernatural.
That's what was misinterpreted! cheesy
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2022
Elluminated:

How can one be this d.aft?
No be juju be that?
Your Ancestors didn't personally receive your religion from God but they believed the story of white Jesus given to them in a book.
Why are you not open to finding out things for yourself?
Sometimes I do wonder, this guy deh openly use product of science and technology dey cap this rubbish over the internet another product of science but has guts to dare scientific facts.
S=V.t
Go figure

Scientists don't know everything so it's where they stopped that we are making use of their discoveries but that doesn't make them gods so that we must swallow everything they say.
I put the question to the other guy who asked me if i witnessed how Bode Thomas was cursed and began barking like a dog, that's why i asked him if he has traveled to the space to verify the distance between planets before believing it. Period! wink
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by Elluminated: 7:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Scientists don't know everything so it's where they stopped that we are making use of their discoveries but that doesn't make them gods so that we must swallow everything they say.
I put the question to the other guy who asked me if i witnessed how Bode Thomas was cursed and began barking like a dog, that's why i asked him if he has traveled to the space to verify the distance between planets before believing it. Period! wink
Facepalm...
How are the two events mutually exclusive for crying out loud.
Why compare something replicable and factual with hearsay?
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by FatherOfJesus: 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Because they banned religions meddling in their political affairs doesn't mean they have stopped believing in the supernatural.
That's what was misinterpreted! cheesy
They banned your useless church
Loser cheesy
Re: Gbenga Adewoyin: Man Set Out With N2.5M Prize Money For Anyone With Proof That ‘ by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:21pm On Feb 18, 2022
Elluminated:

Facepalm...
How are the two events mutually exclusive for crying out loud.
Why compare something replicable and factual with hearsay?

Which is factual and which is heresay? cheesy

Come on, the same Google will give you answer if you ask for the distance between planets Earth and Mars, surely you will swallow that hook line and sinker but when it says Bode Thomas barked to death due to the curse from a Yorùbá monarch you want to doubt it and you think that makes you wise, shey? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Debunking The Miracles Supposedly Substantiated By Dr Richard Casdorph / Meme Wars: Post Your Memes On What You Think Of Religion And Atheism / Mercy Versus Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.