Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking (10544 Views)

S-H-O-C-K-I-N-G!!! No Igboman On Buhari's Entourage To USA. / I Want To Succeed Elechi Because I’ve Invested And It Is My Turn To Chop” -Umahi / Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by maclatunji: 10:47am On Jun 27, 2011
koyaabj:

In as much as u say interest free loan, then they should quickly open theIr office am waiting, the one's run by christians are killing the people and business with so much interest rate being charged, after which they steal the bank dry, e.g. akingbola, cecilia ibru, let them open and see how many igbo brothers will ruch down there to borrow money for their buzz. shocked kiss cry grin cheesy shocked shocked grin grin

You are welcome to ruch(or rush) the money to build houses, set up ya electronic shops, manufacture automobiles, plant cassava, marry ya second wife etc. Let the poor people have access to interest free loans for crying out loud. Have you heard? One Ibo bros. is already campaigning for Sanusi Lamido Sanusi for President come 2015.  grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Even the pope has given Islamic banking a thumbs up!
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 27, 2011
Benedict XVII, Head of the Catholic community praised the Islamic system of banking to overcome the present crisis.

According to Daily Vatican newspaper,"L'Osservatore Romano",Pope BenedictXVII had felt that the Islamic banking system was the best way in helping the West to overcome the economic crisis.He had made a speech in this regard last October.
He had addressed to the World as a whole,especially emphasizing to the western countries ,he being the head of one of the major religions of the world.(The Roman Catholic Church.))
He felt that with the purchase of Islamic bonds known as 'sukuk',funding could be carried out for the car industries that were closing down ,other businesses. (another big project.) The London Olympics could be funded as well.
Sukuk followed ethical way of banking ,where investors practised,sharing of profit and loss with prohibition of collecting and payment of interest.
BenedictXVII added",the only solid reality is the word of God."

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/3096662-islamic-banking-best-way-to-save-world-crisis
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ruberths: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2011
This is just a service integrated into normal banking operations,
An account package that is not based on interest.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 27, 2011
I don tire for all these religious banks sef sad
Lets make a traditional bank with a native doctor as the CEO cheesy
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by koyaabj: 11:15am On Jun 27, 2011
Mark this day, if sanusi can pull this throu' come 2015 if he contest for president, majority of the igbo brothers and yoruba's will surely sponsor & vote for him,'cause they are the majority that will benefit from the banks facilities (loan), since ordinary(poor) hausa man does not believe in taking loan.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by akinnux(m): 11:19am On Jun 27, 2011
Will they employ Christian to work in the Bank?
If not, will that not amount to discrimination on the grounds of religion?
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Princek12(m): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2011
Nigeria, Nigeria, Nigeria! How many times did I call you? Three! Oh how I am slowly giving up you--seriously.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 27, 2011
tom28:

I don tire for all these religious banks sef sad
Lets make a traditional bank with a native doctor as the CEO cheesy

It's all about religion tolerance besides why should babalawos be forced to use Islamic or Xtian banks ?
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by murtalaa(m): 11:49am On Jun 27, 2011
Bigotry will never end in naija. Can't you folks see that the name of the bank is JAIZ INT'L bank NOT ISLAMIC BANK? JAIZ is an arabic n just like you have zenith, diamond, guaranty banks as english names. Grow out of your cocoon and shake bigotry off. Its not hard, try.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2011
I am sure if it were a whiteman that suggested this sharia banking the same idi0ts here crowing would applaud it and call it brilliant.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2011
Babzilla:

I am sure if it were a whiteman that suggested this sharia banking the same idi0ts here crowing would applaud it and call it brilliant.

Or Charles soludo,an ibo man !
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by jydebiz: 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2011
This is one of the reasons this so called Sanusi guy was frustrating the Christian led banks by liquidating them because he intends to bring in his own muslim brothers on board, no wonder! God will judge, Nigeria is not for any individual and no government official should use his religious sentiments or position to cause troubles,, God will punish every one that wants to scatter Nigeria! We shall all see.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2011
jydebiz:

This is one of the reasons this so called Sanusi guy was frustrating the Christian led banks by liquidating them because he intends to bring in his own muslim brothers on board, no wonder! God will judge, Nigeria is not for any individual and no government official should use his religious sentiments or position to cause troubles,, God will punish every one that wants to scatter Nigeria! We shall all see.

Does that change the fact that Akingbola and Cecelia ibru are armed robbers who robbed innocent nigerians of their monies ?
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by DeGenius3(m): 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2011
if it for the development of the country, then let it be
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ypad: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2011
Sanusi, sanusi, sanusi, pls face other issues on ground and leave Islamic banking for now. There are still tension all over the country. If you don't have something more to offer Nigerians, kindly step down now.

I see the almajiri killing more people because of you sanusi. The refusal of islamic banking may lead to protests by almajiri which we all know is an avenue to split blood.
sanusi, sanusi, sanusi, hmm
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by maclatunji: 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2011
ypad:

Sanusi, sanusi, sanusi, pls face other issues on ground and leave Islamic banking for now. There are still tension all over the country. If you don't have something more to offer Nigerians, kindly step down now.

I see the almajiri killing more people because of you sanusi. The refusal of islamic banking may lead to protests by almajiri which we all know is an avenue to split blood.
sanusi, sanusi, sanusi, hmm    

Oh common! Stop being infantile already.

akinnux:

Will they employ Christian to work in the Bank?
If not, will that not amount to discrimination on the grounds of religion?
If you are a Christian who is good at crunching numbers, you have a very good chance of being employed by an Islamic bank in Nigeria.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by manchy7531: 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
[b]I think Sanusi is just jihadist agent been used to establish an Islamic bank that will be used to fund Taliban,Hamas,Hezbollah,Boko haram and the rest of them.i think our leaders should take this issue serious unless it will be a wise thought for Nigeria to divide along religious affiliations,because this Boko haram thing is getting out of hand.with their attacks on [b]beer parlors which will most likely be the Yorubas, Ibos, Idomas, Nigerdeltans.they are taking it to far [/b][/b]
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ikennabru: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2011
I WILL SUGGEST THAT SOME OF THOSE MICROFINANCE BANKS IN THE NORTH(IF ANY)BE ALLOWED TO GROW AFFILIATION TO THE ISLAMIC BANK.
BEFORE THE BANK,PEOPLE ARE AGITATING FOR SHARIA AND BOKOHARAM IS DISTORTING THE PEACE OF THE NORTYH AND VERY SOON ALL OVER,WHEN THE BANK COMES, DON'T YOU THINK THAT PEOPLE WILL BE BEHEADED FOR EVEN OPENING AN ACCOUNT THERE AND BET ME SANUSI WILL SING ANOTHER SONG IN LINE WITH GEJ WHO WILL PROMISE TO BRING THEM TO BOOK.
IMAGINE GIDEON AKALUKA
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Sweetnecta: 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2011
I can see ZnO selling Nigeria down the creek if america pays the price he/she asked [sorry for the he/she].

you can possibly believe that the ndigbo people in their 'business mind' will turn down interest free loans. the jews will not turn down interest free money if palestinian authority opens a bank and give them loan. you are not an igbo neither am i, but common sense tells me that it will be more monies in the pockets of igbo nation [i hate the word nation here, since nigeria is the only nation that matters in that geography].

is the father of abdul mutallab responsible for his son's diabolic? if this is so, what responsibility therefore holds the group he warned of his suspicion? you can't but hold them responsible, too.

@ZnO; « #2 on: Yesterday at 12:33:30 AM »
[Quote]That Igbo man is no other than a muslim, Alhaji abdulazeez Ude. http://www.jaizinternationalplc.com/board_of_directors_management_staff.html

No decent Igbo (99.1 Christians/0.88 animists) man will touch sharia banking even with a long pole.[/Quote]maybe igbo muslims are not decent, is what you are saying. each igbo muslim i have met have had nothing less than a first degree. they seem to be the creamiest of the cream. you will not see them commit any evil deed. i wonder if it is their religion that stops them? then they have chosen well.

if it is their ethnicity, then the bold part of your statement is incorrect.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by manny4life(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2011
Someone please help me out with my logic; I don't see how this "" is gonna help lenders particularly. I mean who will give money to the bank without interest rate or for free? Hmmm, I trust Nigerians, they will abuse it. The number of borrowers to lenders will be a high unequal ratio, besides, banks who act as intermediaries between lender and borrower, how do they make profit? Will they split the interest earnings with the lender?
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by dinggle: 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2011
The problem is not Islamic banking, the problem is that majority of Nigerians are not well educated on it, we are also not ripe and secured for it. Nigeria policy makers are always quick to copy the world in a picky fashion. Why aren't we copying from power generation from countries who got it right? why haven't we copied their security system and method of policing. Boko Haram will use it as a tool to preach sharia to Nigeria. Until Nigeria is able to completely eradicate Boko haram and secure its border Islamic banking idea should be postponed. Hard core muslims will see it as ground gaining and an opportunity to lunch their idea. I'm sure that a country struggling to deal with few members of a sect wouldn't want such, Islamic banking can help boko haram recruit more members. However traditional banks should know that many of us with borrowing interest will not hesitate to switch banks once Islamic bank comes online, because the method of banking today is not sustainable with their "miracle" lending rates.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by solayemi(m): 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2011
Haka nai. u too dey run ur mouth with insult.irrespective of ppl's opinion u shld not abuse them.islamic banking may work in european nations dominated by christians, but we must understand how volatile religion issues are in this country. if sanusi can make the idea clear to the uneducated people in our society, if the muslim fanatics of the north would not make issues out of it, then it will be right to introduce it to nigeria.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2011
It is not islamic banking per se that is the problem. It is the type of islamic banking that will be practiced by the type of muslims we have in Nigeria.
Nigerian muslims behave differently than other muslims elsewhere, so their islamic banking is bound to be different from the NORMAL islamic banking. Crazy butchers. They will use it to fund terrorism. I have noted that line of thought in Pres GEJ's facebook page. At least he will ponder over it.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2011
solayemi:

Haka nai. u too dey run your mouth with insult.irrespective of ppl's opinion u shld not abuse them.islamic banking may work in european nations dominated by christians, but we must understand how volatile religion issues are in this country. if sanusi can make the idea clear to the uneducated people in our society, if the muslim fanatics of the north would not make issues out of it, then it will be right to introduce it to nigeria.

Noted and i hope they would consider such to make it acceptable and understandable. wink wink wink wink wink
mean while i frown at your utterances,that i run my mouth with insults.How is that? considering the attacks by the likes of Zno and co on me.They were response to such comments from his likes and you only noted mine. angry angry angry angry angry angry cry cry cry
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by teskyg: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2011
Muslims, looking for a road where funds can be channel from their Arabs collaborators  to fund the  terrorist activities  of their Boko Haram brothers .Sanusi has gone amok and am sure his end is near.He should ask his brother Buhari about the disgrace he got during the last election.

Which one is Islamic Bank again?There are so many areas ,schools,Hospitals e.t.c that those Muslims Investors can channel their resources to just like the Christians built Schools(Which Sanusi himself benefited from),Hospitals and other Infrastructures to compliment the Government.

I have not seen any of such areas where Muslims have invested their Resources in,the like courting Controversy and trouble and many of them should be embarrassed at the current state of many regions on the North filled with Crisis perpetuated bu their Brothers which the criticized in public as Fundamentalist but hide inside their homes to applauded.

Their plan is to disturb the Government of GEJ will not work.I only hope they realized on time the consequences of their stupidity.They will witness hunger and starve like Sudan if the Southerners decide to hit bank in full force.A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

It is not islamic banking per se that is the problem. It is the type of islamic banking that will be practiced by the type of muslims we have in Nigeria.
Nigerian muslims behave differently than other muslims elsewhere, so their islamic banking is bound to be different from the NORMAL islamic banking. Crazy butchers.

Well said then push for such to be addressed.So that the baby is not thrown out with the bathing water! wink wink wink
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by tondifari: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2011
Some basic facts.

Alhaji Abdulazeez Ude, born 1940, mass server and senior prefect at College of Immaculate Conception Enugu, oxford and cambrigde trained economist is a philantropist, nationalist and a patriot. By his own accounts he got converted  as a muslim in the 70's as an adult and successful buisnessman by observing closely the spartan and selfless lifestyle of Alhaji Sekou Toure the late president of Guinea. Nuff said.

Sanusi should expunge the word islamic from the act and the name of the bank in order not to offend sensibilities. As a buisnessperson and christian i think the idea of non interest taking and profit sharing bank is not a bad one. We should not throw away the baby with the bath water.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by omobaba101(m): 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2011
JUST A SIMPLE CLARIFICATION/EDUCATION: It was said that Islamic banking system is interest free on loans, but if the bank will be sharing the profit/loss of the business, will the profit shared not be interest for the money given out by the bank? Doesn't this look like the bank buying shares into every business venture? Just think through; won't that be a greater 'interest' really as they will supervise that the business goes through. Just asking!!!
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by MMM2(m): 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2011
igbo what angry
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Eziachi: 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

Mumu
Sharia Bank is for muslims, irrespective of tribe.
Did that[b] Igbo [/b]man invest in the bank because he is [b]Igbo [/b]or because he is muslim? Why not show me one non-muslim among the investors in the link

You be proper aturu (sheep).
My advise for you is to do a research first on issue you don't know very well rather than making a blacket or false claims. Islamic bank is not for moslems unless Nigerian one will be different. Its no different from other banks apart from their mode of operation, for example, The Halal Mortgage, interest free charge interest on loans because according to them its against the teachings in the Koran.

Here in the United Kingdom, ISLAMIC BANK OF BRITAIN (I.B.B) had been in operation for a couple of years now licensed and under the supervision of the FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY (F.S.A) and regulated by the fincancial Ombusman, just like all banks.

In 2006 myself and my business partner (my son) needed to borrow a huge amount to upgrade our clinic with the available new technologies. But when our normal bank were dragging their foot, a Syrian former colleague of mine at the N.H.S advised me to try I.B.B.
Eventhough I never did because our bank released the money we wanted couple of days later but she (my colleague) did brought me an application form to apply for the loan for a quater of a million pounds, and she is a moslem and knew that I am not too.

So it got nothing to do with being a Christian or a Moslem, just purely financial matters with a different style of doing business. Even though HABIB bank is not purely a Islamic bank in pionciple, its more or less a moslem bank based on its financiers.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2011
Eziachi:

My advise for you is to do a research first on issue you don't know very well rather than making a blacket or false claims. Islamic bank is not for moslems unless Nigerian one will be different. Its no different from other banks apart from their mode of operation, for example, The Halal Mortgage, interest free charge interest on loans because according to them its against the teachings in the Koran.

Here in the United Kingdom, ISLAMIC BANK OF BRITAIN (I.B.B) had been in operation for a couple of years now licensed and under the supervision of the FINANCIAL SERVICES AUTHORITY (F.S.A) and regulated by the fincancial Ombusman, just like all banks.

In 2006 myself and my business partner (my son) needed to borrow a huge amount to upgrade our clinic with the available new technologies. But when our normal bank were dragging their foot, a Syrian former colleague of mine at the N.H.S advised me to try I.B.B.
Eventhough I never did because our bank released the money we wanted couple of days later but she (my colleague) did brought me an application form to apply for the loan for a quater of a million pounds, and she is a moslem and knew that I am not too.

So it got nothing to do with being a Christian of a Moslem, just purely financial matters with a different style of doing business. Even though HABIB bank is not purely a Islamic bank in pionciple, its more or less a moslem bank based on its financiers.

Comparing apple (Nigeria) with oranges (UK)
How many non muslims have been killed in the UK by muslims
Why not name it anything order than islamic bank?
I will get back to you later. Thanks
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by tpia5: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2011
Whatever happened to bank of the north which i think was an islamic bank though i'm not sure.

Islamic banking has been introduced to western countries including the US so i think this particular mode of banking is still being observed. I'm not sure the interest-free clause is enough incentive to win over people's wariness about introducing religion into secular matters like banking, but we'll see how it goes.

Obama ku ise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Celebrates Saraki At 56, Describes Him As Symbol Of Courage / Budget: North East Debt Commission Gets Zero Allocation For Expenditure / Tinubu’s 2024 Budget Speech (Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.