Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,622 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking (10539 Views)

S-H-O-C-K-I-N-G!!! No Igboman On Buhari's Entourage To USA. / I Want To Succeed Elechi Because I’ve Invested And It Is My Turn To Chop” -Umahi / Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ak47mann(m): 1:23am On Jun 26, 2011
Nigeria turning to an islamic country shocked shocked
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 1:24am On Jun 26, 2011
ZnO:

Just name them and stop blabbing like a rain-beaten ram.
You claim you know some.

Maybe you should stop behaving like a goat chewing on its cud and Just check your community.In Enugu check you can check from the "Enugu state Muslim community" an NGO.Its an umbrella body of all Muslim groups in Enugu.I have worked with them directly and i Know.
I hope your are not planing on wiping them sha grin
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 1:28am On Jun 26, 2011
henry101:

Dnt tell me You dnt see any difference(literacy) between the muslims in those countries and Nigeria(esp the North). Ude has just achieved what He's ever wanted,
Igbos are mostly driven by a location's economy and not religion.
PS, Why is Asari Dokubo not on the BOD? Is there no fed character again?
Tell Sanusi to come up with a better reason,We will understand and not twisting issues that dnt make any sense.

Mutalab's father have been so desperate to establish an Islamic bank.

or why is my name not there too? undecided
Is Dokubos name in say Diamondbank or your name in all conventional banks?
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 1:35am On Jun 26, 2011
ZnO:

No non-muslims (decent) Igbo man will touch your sharia banking
If you doubt me, let Sanusi ram his way thru and let's see how many branches will thrive in Igbo areas of Nigeria, with 0.00000000000001% muslims.

We shall know soon!! cool cool cool
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by hakanai(m): 1:38am On Jun 26, 2011
ZnO:

BTW, Igbos are not anti islamic; they are anti Nigeria-type islam

I agree with you here.Our Nigeria-Type Islam is largely wrong.But things can change.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by 9javoice1(m): 2:22am On Jun 26, 2011
sanusi sanusi sanusi how many times did I call u. sanusi is occupying a seat too big for him. why is this man always with wrong idea and wrong logics all the time. what concern igbo man personaly in this matter? he want to tell the nation its not an islamic thing. now we know the igbo man in question is a muslim what is his basis of using igbos in his logic. if sanusi can go this far just to prove his sharian banking idea then there are realy secret agenda.
even the name alone tells what it is. if the hausa fulanis realy want this bank then let there be no fedral allocation to states and let's pratice confederation.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by EzeUche1(m): 2:57am On Jun 26, 2011
Sanusi must go! He is trying to Islamicize our economy. This man must be stopped.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ak47mann(m): 3:00am On Jun 26, 2011
^^^
i dont get it undecided undecided why now? his brother in the north are bombing the whole north it sound very dodgy cool cool cool
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 3:08am On Jun 26, 2011
The truth is the name islamic banking is the problem and the sharia compliance thingy, People have no problem banking without interest but saying they must be something they won't like to be is not acceptable

Who registered Nigeria as an islamic nation though? It is against the constitution as it clearly stated that Nigeria should not accept any religion as official or state religion,
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by EkoIle1: 3:51am On Jun 26, 2011
0lumide:

The truth is the name islamic banking is the problem and the sharia compliance thingy, People have no problem banking without interest but saying they must be something they won't like to be is not acceptable

Who registered Nigeria as an islamic nation though? It is against the constitution as it clearly stated that Nigeria should not accept any religion as official or state religion,

Islamic banking has nothing to do with your secularism, it's basically a form of banking system and another way of making money.

A lot of predominantly christian countries have Islamic banks and they are all making tons of money off this new banking system.

It beats me why we let ignorance and bigotry blind us and deprive us of meaningful opportunities in Nigeria.

We are funny animals, we are always our own worst enemy. Our level of ignorance and worldly understanding is mind boggling, we see problems where it doesn't exist.

Are you more christian than the United States? Is Half of your country not Muslim?

Islamic loans turn profit for banks in USA

In a report last month, credit-rating agency Moody's Investors Service said that the global Islamic finance market has grown about 15% in each of the past three years and is now worth about $700 billion worldwide. The heavyweights of global finance have taken notice: Citigroup, HSBC, Deutsche Bank and others have affiliates devoted to Islamic finance.

Giant mortgage investor Freddie Mac began buying sharia-compliant mortgages in 2001. Freddie Mac today continues to buy from four banks that together originate mortgages nationwide. In addition to Devon, Freddie Mac buys mortgages from Guidance Residential in Reston, Va.; University Bank in Ann Arbor, Mich.; and American Finance House Lariba in Pasadena, Calif
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/banking/2008-03-26-islamic-finance-sharia_N.htm

Other people are making money, but we are stupidly troubling our heads with silly and irrelevant ignorant nonsense.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 26, 2011
In as much as I dont like this islamic bankng idea, I will at the same time urge Oritsejafor, Oyedepe, Adeboye, Oyakhilome etc, to pool their resources together and establish a mega christian bank, that will clearly bear a christian name and operates according to the christian doctrines as well as propagates christian ideals. And then let us see which one will survive!
Nigeria is catastrophicaly polarised, this 2015 thing may actually be real!
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by EkoIle1: 4:38am On Jun 26, 2011
cogitoErgo:

In as much as I dont like this islamic bankng idea, I will at the same time urge Oritsejafor, Oyedepe, Adeboye, Oyakhilome etc, to pool their resources together and establish a mega christian bank, that will clearly bear a christian name and operates according to the christian doctrines as well as propagates christian ideals. And then let us see which one will survive!
Nigeria is catastrophicaly polarised, this 2015 thing may actually be real!

This is not a competition and it's not about survival, it's about creating money making and business opportunities for your people to grow and prosper regardless of their religion. Most of the people making money from this banking system are not even Muslims.

Did you say Nigeria is catastrophicaly polarised? Have you looked in the mirror?

Must you people be so ignorant and petty?
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by 9javoice1(m): 5:32am On Jun 26, 2011
eko ile I don't understand why muslims are always difficult to relate with.
do u tink we don't like profits even more than many of u.
eko ile come to china and see for yourself they pratice interest free banking without religouse tenates as sharia.
we all need interest free banking but why must u atrach it sharian tenate. if u guys so much want sharian stuff then let's divide this country so that u can pratice your sharia.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Mtnaija(f): 7:36am On Jun 26, 2011
Buncha hypocrites! Keep on displaying your free style religious fanatism.
'My God is better than your God mentality'
Stuupid people with rotten brains argueing without facts . . . I just wasted 5 minutes reading & replying moorons. Cretins!
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by EkoIle1: 7:42am On Jun 26, 2011
9ja voice:

eko ile I don't understand why muslims are always difficult to relate with.
do u tink we don't like profits even more than many of u.
eko ile come to china and see for yourself they pratice interest free banking without religouse tenates as sharia.
we all need interest free banking but why must u atrach it sharian tenate. if u guys so much want sharian stuff then let's divide this country so that u can pratice your sharia.

You really are too ignorant and misguided for your own good.

Islamic banking is not your enemy, ignorance is your enemy.

Nigeria is not going any where a anytime soon, at least not until we wipe out ignorance and backward mentality like yours.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by 9javoice1(m): 8:06am On Jun 26, 2011
am not into insults my dear. bcuz am not a fool. a secular nation like nigeria was register into oic, we didnt fight nor quarel. its not yet ok for you guys some state teamup and name themselfs sharian states not ok for you guys yet now is islamic banking.

why is sanusi taking all his time to champion this islamic backing,than to revive our banking sector he claim he is transforming only for us to discover lately that is even worst than under soludo.

I can see he has ran out of idea, thereby looking for a cave to hide under. we will force him to finnish his tenure. olodo sanusi
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by 9javoice1(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2011
islamic banking is not a solution to nigeria economic crises nor poverty aliviation. infact it will bring more disunity and troubles.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by 9javoice1(m): 8:19am On Jun 26, 2011
only two point sanusi made in his defence is 1). soludo is the initiator of islamic bamking.
2) an igboman is one of the major shareholder.

when I read this I realy lauf my head off. I know many muslim must be ashame of the man by now bcuz so many is looking up for him to comeup with something tangible. hahaha gagagaga huhuhu
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ziccoit: 10:25am On Jun 26, 2011
You people when discussing matters in relation to Islam you always draw a line between the North and the South based on erroneous thought that Muslims are not found in the South.

I am a Muslim and Southerner and my State, Osun State, is dominated by Muslims populations. Ife-Ijesha axis is  for the Christian while the rest belong to the Islamic faithfuls. This apply to other states from SW except Ondo and Ekiti which I believe Christians should have a numerical advantage. The good thing here is that we live together in peace and harmony.

Islamic system of banking is not only for the Muslims. It is for those that are ready to abide by the rules and guidelines. Those rules and guidelines do not reduce you an inch as a Non-Muslim. You don't have to kill this great concept. Conventional system of banking is totally anti Christianity and Islam. Read well your Bible and Quran. The givers and takers of interest/usury are cursed in strong language.

If PFN really serious and understands the Biblical contents/contexts, let them come out and condemn the operations of conventional banking that are against Biblical injunctions. They should also table before Nigerians the best alternative methods which would be acceptable to both religion teachings.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by cola: 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2011
Whatever intolerance is!

Create a product for a group that is not comfortable with the conventional banks. . .

People who are not comfortable with the new product and its terms can and should just stick with the conventional banks and ignore the new product.

How difficult is this to rationalize and tolerate?

Muslims have tolerated the conventional banking and its terms that are not compatible with the injunctions of their faith, now some people can't stand and can't imagine tolerating having an alternative banking platform for this group that has tolerated the conventional model for so long. One would have thought it would be the [b]just [/b]thing to allow an alternative platform.

Whatever intolerance is, this is it.

[b]Justice [/b]suffers on the altar of Islama-phobia!
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2011
wink
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by EkoIle1: 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2011
kcswat:

I hv not seen 1 single thing islam has contributed to d nigeria and world. Every body knows that whatever that is related to islam is evil.what has d bank contirbute in iraq,syria,yemen,libya, n arab nation. Notin only suicide bombin  77 virgins. Imagine a world without islam. Imagin arabs as christian.they world have been better

The fact that chrisian countries have islamic banks and christians are also are customers and not only operating sucessfully in these countries clearly shows that the problem is not islamic banks or religion, the problem is Nigeria or should I say Nigerians and their warped backward mentality, especially based on the ignorant rubbish you just spewed.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
No need to fight over sharia banking. Let it be established and let us see it survive outside muslims areas. Some of us will deploy our resources to make sure people are told point blank/educated not t patronize it. Let it remain in the muslims areas of the North and the South West. Abdulazeez Ude (sounds from Anambra or Imo) can try his luck in Igboland. We shall meet him at the bridge. Ude does not own any recognizable investment in Igboland, he must not start with a sharia bank.

You cannot be killing me and then using my money for business to make more money. Take your no-interest-bs and shove it down your throat.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
Nigeria is a different kind of islamic country. The muslims in Nigeria (especially those from the North) deserve to be treated differently.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by rexdmx(m): 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_contributions_to_Medieval_Europe

Dont be silly. Islam as a religion has contributed to civilization in the fields of:

Music
Architecture and painting
Mathematics
Sciences

It is a shame reading posts like this when you all are supposedly "educated"
Do you actually know what "sharia" is and what "islamic banking" is?

PS: Google is your friend!
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by emekagh(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2011
Personally, I don't mind interest free banking. Though I think the CBN should soften their 'Islamic' tone, and lay more emphasis on 'Interest Free' cos that what it is all about.

I also think this banking model will be a huge success in Nigeria, as bank customers are weary of paying interest on loans. I see the major banks adopting a form of interest free banking with time.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by redsun(m): 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2011
Conventional banks are too greedy,they hold people in perpetual boundage with the people's monies.

Islam is suppose to be a way of life,it charts it way differently in all walks of life and even though most of its ways are extreme,its banking system is humane and should be condone by all normals.

Greed is what is making the world a turbulent place.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2011
redsun:

Conventional banks are too greedy,they hold people in perpetual boundage with the people's monies.

Islam is suppose to be a way of life,it charts it way differently in all walks of life and even though most of its ways are extreme,its banking system is humane and should be condone by all normals.

Greed is what is making the world a turbulent place.
islam a way of life? islam is a way to kill life. mind hw u talk. u called christian infidel yet u are usin there inventories. mmsswweeehhh
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ZnO: 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2011
Only an xxxot will support islamic banking in Nigeria, with the type of islam practiced by Nigerian muslims, where non-muslims are killed at will and southern muslims are seen as underdog muslims.

Even Gani's son, no less a muslim, has condemned it.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by redsun(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2011
kcswat:

islam a way of life? islam is a way to kill life. mind hw u talk. u called christian infidel yet u are usin there inventories. mmsswweeehhh

Both religions are aliens nigeria and they never gonna be in way of progress of true nigerians.They will be sifted and whatever that is good about them will be assimilated.

Meanwhile,invention is part of evolution and i wouldn't use it if i can't afford it.And i am part of the flow,i can do with and i can do without but the important thing is for me to alive with instincts,not like a robot,like most of you christian and moslem bruvs
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2011
There's nothing wrong introducing this sort of banking in Nigeria. They are not forcing you to change your religious values or trying to "Islamize" Nigeria. If you don't want to bank with them, then don't.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by maclatunji: 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2011
No muslim in Nigeria should have any business with poverty. Now with Islamic banking we can begin to implement proper Zakat collection and distribution. Those that want to burst their jugular vein with hypertension because of it are free to do so, it will not change a thing. There are many people who are willing to take muslim money without qualms, ask Manchester City Football Club if you are in doubt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Starts Dismantling Its Plane 'graveyard' / Be Ruthless In Fighting Bandits, Buhari Tells Military / SERAP Asks Appeal Court To Order Release Of Asset Declarations Of Buhari, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.