Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking (10543 Views)

S-H-O-C-K-I-N-G!!! No Igboman On Buhari's Entourage To USA. / I Want To Succeed Elechi Because I’ve Invested And It Is My Turn To Chop” -Umahi / Islamic Banking Is Illegal - Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by koyaabj: 10:20am On Jun 28, 2011
This attack against islamic bank looks like a sponsored one by christian leaders for the love of money.
churches own banks and no complaint e.g Agai bank own and run by redeem church, most churches own large interest in banks.

(1)whats up they love money so much that they dont want this bank that will give interest free loan to come on board so as not to spoil bussines for them chikena.
2) The issue of terrorism, when Niger-delta militants were doing their own kidnaping, killing and looting were they not majorly christians, who says christian banks are the sponsor.
(3) Now that boko-aram are doing their own suicide bombing, we taged it to religion (islam) sponsored by islamic bank.
let the bank come up with their interest free loan we christians will collect the money to better our lifes and bussines.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by namfav(m): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2011
its always the same people, ezeuche, zno, ibo boy etc. just learn to mind your own business & go to hell

animals
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2011
You can see the difference:

1. Niger−Deltans where fighting for their resources which you the Northerners were trying to syphon.

2. They were no Christian banks that sponsored them.

3. The oil company were destroying the environment and livelihood of Niger−Delta and they were many Western nations that support what they were fighting for. Even those that resorted to kidnapping, which is not terrorism, did out of frustration and your Norther leaders were not willing to attend to their plight.

4. Islamic Banking is out the scope of Nigerian banking system in the first case and it is used to fuel extremism.

5. Are you trying to say Boko Haram is okay?

Why are you Northerners so barbaric?
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2011
freepeople:

I'm a Christian, but not a Christian bigot. I see nothing wrong with Islamic banking. Infact, it will benefit Nigerians. They operate a low interest rate banking system. They lends money to the northern artisans and the poor. This helps in poverty alleviation among muslims. Through this, illiteracy and extremism would be fought to the ground. The country becomes better off as a result. No plausible reason has been put forward against the establishment of Islamic bank in Nigeria. Our Christian leaders are myopic. Keeps on fleecing their impoverished followers. Getting richer than the oil barons. Living in opulence. Investing their swindled money in private luxury such as private jets, magnificient palaces etc. Sanusi should quickly move ahead and authorize the establishment of Islamic bank. Those Christian swindlers should rot in hell.
By the way, I plan to buy shares in the bank whenever they floats their stock. I hope my Christian brother wont call me a loner.
shattap there. see ur mouth am a christian. uselless allakurba boy come here d yarn rabbish. eeddiioott
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by manny4life(m): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2011
How about Christianity banking? After all the bible says

Deuteronomy 23, 19:20

You shall not charge interest on loans to your brother, interest on money, interest on food, interest on anything that is lent for interest. You may charge a foreigner interest, but you may not charge your brother interest, that the Lord your God may bless you in all that you undertake in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.

IMO, I don't see why we shouldn't have Christian banking if God said we should charge loans and in other chapters, God referenced about a modest interest rate aka low interest rate.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by akpanbaba: 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen,we need "Sango banking ,Amadioha banking or Ekpo banking in this country.This banking system has nothing to do with interest rate.The money which will be given to the public will be obtained directly from SANGO,AMADIOHA OR EKPO with no collateral.It is more attractive than conventional or islamic banking.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by dinggle: 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2011
Good idea, bad timing, must it be called Islamic banking? why not Northern Bank, in the past we've had Habib bank and the likes they could carry out the functions of lending without interest, Mr. President should call Sanusi to order, And let him drop anything Islam aside. If Sharia hadn't been implemented in some states we won't have Boko Haram today. The same govt that allows for the creation of Sharia and the hisbah police in a few states refused state police for southern states especially Lagos, double standard? We need to seat down and talk (SNC) before boko haram finish all the bribe collectors that are suppose to protect lives and properties.
I wish Boko haram could channel their energy into fighting corruption "chop money and get blown with ur family"
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by ak47mann(m): 11:15pm On Jun 28, 2011
dinggle:

Good idea, bad timing, must it be called Islamic banking? why not Northern Bank, in the past we've had Habib bank and the likes they could carry out the functions of lending without interest, Mr. President should call Sanusi to order, And let him drop anything Islam aside. If Sharia hadn't been implemented in some states we won't have Boko Haram today. The same govt that allows for the creation of Sharia and the hisbah police in a few states refused state police for southern states especially Lagos, double standard? We need to seat down and talk (SNC) before boko haram finish all the bribe collectors that are suppose to protect lives and properties.
I wish Boko haram could channel their energy into fighting corruption "chop money and get blown with your family"
i swear i don die grin grin grin
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by myike2(m): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2011
The simple truth is: Mallam Sanusi Lamido wants to Islamicize this country. What is the essence of Islamic banking? Is it that the other banks are not doing well or what? He should rather advocate Islamic banking as a religious leader, rather than a government official. He is being used as a puppet by top muslim leaders to achieve their sick objectives. If he introduces Islamic banking, then the stupid he-goat should be ready to introduce Babalawo banking, Buddist banking, Catholic banking, Atheist banking, and so on. Foolish fool!
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by namdee(m): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2011
whatever is said here is said, let the truth be said islamic banking is bot good for nigeria, we are a secular country, sanusi is just a big fool and it is a pity for you all who just look at it as unjust attacks by christians or ibos, abi aren't there northern christians,let us get the economy right,instead of introducing things that will destroy it,ALL SAY NO TO ANY TYPE OF RELIGIOUS BANKING THAT COMES IN THE FORM OF NON-PROFIT BANKING, SHEKENA, GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by namdee(m): 1:23pm On Jun 29, 2011
with the way things are going i predict sanusi's immenent down fall,ever since he took over the way he does things have gone from bad to worse,reforms upon reforms without proper thought to the effect on  the economy at large,when he was in first bank am sure he also made mistakes, did the then CBN gov take it out on him,never seen any professional that likes doing his work on the pages of newspapers,publicity drunk fool,skinny MOFO, toothpick looking skank,scrawny hungry rat,snakehead donkey, the guy just dey vex me,he has not sorted out the present banking problems,he is adding more,
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by namdee(m): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2011
that igbo man in the islamic bank is just there for the money,let him even start it,trust guymen den go finish the bank
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by namdee(m): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2011
Nigeria is too complex for this shit,we have enuff religious and ethnic issues this retarded man wants to add more to it, men i dey vex,and he wants to use lagos as the guinea pig for his 150k policy,the nerve and centre of cormerce in west Africa not just Nigeria alone,old boy ye i see riot and riot and protest,where we have electricity problems,network problems, that have not been resolved, Lord have mercy
Re: Igboman Invested In Islamic Banking by koyaabj: 8:54am On Jul 01, 2011
This is sanusi statement at the ministerial screening and i quote, Even the Islamic bank that is based in Saudi Arabia, you will not believe that the first state to borrow from the Islamic bank was Anambra State, because they are business people. Some of the states that are doing Sharia have not even gone to borrow from the bank as at that time, it is just one form of banking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Treasury Looters Have Eaten Nigeria’s Seed Of Growth For Breakfast"—tinubu / Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Buhari Cautions Against Divisive Comments / Lagos State NURTW Partners Suntrust Bank To Provide New Buses For Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.