Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) (42690 Views)

What Will You Do In This Situation / As A Driver, What Would You Do In This Situation? / As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by koolaid87: 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2022
olumzzz:

Normal level, you will know what to do if you drive oyo to ogbomosho regularly

Damn that road mehn

If driver decides to pass that road na to dey pray non stop ni oo

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by NoToPile: 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
Seems Oyo Ogbomoshor road is very notorious for trailer drivers.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by juwoonn(m): 12:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
It has happened to me before... along Lokoja - Obajana Road. Thank God I survived sha, with car unscratched. I wasn’t speeding so it was easy for me to leave the road completely to the right and got back to the road after the over speeding hired killer had left.
Ishilove:
I'm still learning so in this situation, I will simply swerve into the bush yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'. "Exit of a young gem" will never be my portion. angry

Experienced drivers, let's hear from you!

2 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Babssoo(m): 12:54pm On Feb 19, 2022
izzou:
No gree for am angry

Don't swerve anything. The trailer would be forced to swerve. I hate being bullied angry

on fi iku shere
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by cl0r0x: 12:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hahaha that is Dangote, 2002 killer of the year
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by demolagilbert: 12:56pm On Feb 19, 2022
This one na regular occurrence on single carriage expressways, except you don't travel regularly. You 'sokale'..shikena. I have been in a more precarious situation sef, although I was at fault. I overtook a long line up of cars on that okene xpressway, right into a bend. I thought I would clear them before the bend, omo na so truck show head, in a split second I swerve off the road to the other side ni o. I comot, pull zip, pee first before I come dey reason say wtf. After getting my self back together, I got back on the road. Most ppl that witnessed it, were just laughing and telling me to thank God. Others who didn't were wondering what I was doing on that side of the road.

5 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by ReachHard: 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2022
damosky12:

Wa she're. James Bond!

"Diamonds Are Forever", 1971 classic.....Bond fan spotted, IYKYK grin

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Tannhauser(m): 1:05pm On Feb 19, 2022
pocohantas:

I’ll leave the road for them. We live to fight another day.

As you can see, this one and majority of his gender would refuse to swerve. That is why they have fewer pictures of three generations. They will na say it is women (wives) killing them.

Whereas the main cause of their deaths are;
1) Coconut head.
2) Taking tramadol to knack younger side chicks.

grin grin grin

You bad...
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2022
Stop and blow horns very loud, and swerve right.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by callmetoniaa: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2022
Na to turn back and return back from where I from they come ...I can't come and kill my self.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Lamasta(m): 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:
I'm still learning so in this situation, I will simply swerve into the bush yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'. "Exit of a young gem" will never be my portion. angry

Two things!!!

Firstly, Say your last prayer

Secondly just march the break and japa grin
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by vikstandon(m): 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:

Maintain the right lane, shine my headlamp at him while I via off the lane...passing through his side.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by achorladey: 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
olumzzz:

That road ehn

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by achorladey: 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
olumzzz:

That road ehn grin grin

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
proclinician:
Yoruba ppl sabi drive like this. Na why they roast their kinsmen on a daily basis with fire and brimstone

Your sarcasm is on you. Yoruba drivers are actually the best drivers.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by MartinsD12(m): 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:

na to enter bush be that
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by vikstandon(m): 1:22pm On Feb 19, 2022
naptu2:
Checkout the driver of the other train at 27 seconds in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_Y8nHhnOo

All the Cabins won't exit...There would also be fatalities. I believe the head missed a headon collision...but the back cabins must have suffered great damage.

How many persons got damaged?
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by jacoik(m): 1:24pm On Feb 19, 2022
izzou:
No gree for am angry

Don't swerve anything. The trailer would be forced to swerve. I hate being bullied angry

lolxxxxx hahahaha aswear u don mad finish ooooooo lolxxxxx hahahaha Jesu

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by naptu2: 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
vikstandon:

All the Cabins won't exit...There would also be fatalities. I believe the head missed a headon collision...but the back cabins must have suffered great damage.

How many persons got damaged?

Luckily they were both freight (goods) trains not passenger trains. Nobody died, but 3 people got injured.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by vikstandon(m): 1:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
naptu2:

Luckily they were both freight (goods) trains not passenger trains. Nobody died, but 3 people got injured.

Thank God!!
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Dollarremix(m): 1:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
pocohantas:

I’ll leave the road for them. We live to fight another day.

As you can see, this one and majority of his gender would refuse to swerve. That is why they have fewer pictures of three generations. They will na say it is women (wives) killing them.

Whereas the main cause of their deaths are;
1) Coconut head.
2) Taking tramadol to knack younger side chicks.
Are you high on something?
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
With my shadow there would be 4 cars ahead 4 behind he’d never make it. Anywhere I am there are heights eagle eyes
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
Na to enter bush
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Focusmind: 1:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
I had a near head on collision with a Toyota Hilux. I landed PH airport and was picked up by an airport taxi. If you know PH airport road very well, it's very narrow and single-laned.

We were driving, heading out from the airport on a single narrow road. An incoming Toyota Hilux with siren, heading to the airport, overtook a car and was coming directly to hit us. I had just closed my eyes as I expected the inevitable. The Toyota Hilux driver just swerved off the road, into the grass land. Very close shave.

My driver just looked at him and said, "idiot, you think I would leave the road for you". I was mad with the guy. Even me that was sitting with him in front, I envisaged the Toyota guy and knew he wanted to overtake the car in his front and expected my driver to kind of slow down.

I told him he should thank his God. If the worst had happened, he won't be alive to insult any body. While driving on Nigerian roads, be vigilant and always pre-empt the next driver.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by achorladey: 1:37pm On Feb 19, 2022
NoToPile:
Seems Oyo Ogbomoshor road is very notorious for trailer drivers.

It is well.

Dem be landlords for that road and the drivers driving commercial buses on that road too are kind of stubborn in cases involving the scenario described by Op.

The numerous contour and bad section on that road no dey help matters.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by nymphomaniac(m): 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
What a thread. I read every post prior to mine. My people, this scenario deals with a lot of variables as well as how sharp your reflexes and brakes are. This is how I’ll do mine sha;

If I am not on high speed, I’ll slow down, let them complete their madness then continue.

If on high speed, the untarred road wins it. Slow down then swerve right to avoid somersaulting then enter the tarred road when they have passed.

The margin for error is very tiny. May God help us.

Gazzuzz, Kingreign, nurey have you guys experienced this before?
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by nymphomaniac(m): 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
Focusmind:
I had a near head on collision with a Toyota Hilux. I landed PH airport and was picked up by an airport taxi. If you know PH airport road very well, it's very narrow and single-laned.

We were driving, heading out from the airport on a single narrow road. An incoming Toyota Hilux with siren, heading to the airport, overtook a car and was coming directly to hit us. I had just closed my eyes as I expected the inevitable. The Toyota Hilux driver just swerved off the road, into the grass land. Very close shave.

My driver just looked at him and said, "idiot, you think I would leave the road for you". I was mad with the guy. Even me that was sitting with him in front, I envisaged the Toyota guy and knew he wanted to overtake the car in his front and expected my driver to kind of slow down.

I told him he should thank his God. If the worst had happened, he won't be alive to insult any body. Why driving on Nigerian roads, be vigilant and always pre-empt the next driver.
Omagwa Airport road. Very dangerous. Thank God for your life.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2022
After flashing your light and the idiot facing you is not making move of maintaining his lane, common sense should tell you to move to the other side of the road to save yourself story

the man that taught me how to drive in 2012 said, while driving on express road, just admit you're the only one that can drive perfectly that others aren't perfect, this will make you avoid some circumstances like this

we move
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by lildush(m): 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:

. Yes that is the best thing to do just go right fast off the road.. I mean right for right handed people ooo. If Ur a lefty.. go left fast..... To avoid... Gone to soon.. untimely exit
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Abid2020(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2022
I have once been in that situation while I was travelling back home from school it occurred in the iworoko-Ekiti road our driver manages to go through the centre of the road I'm very nervous that day, I'm praying that another one should not appear at the centre because even fast and furious drivers won't make it if it appears

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The All-New 2020 Mercedes-benz GLS SUV / Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage / Flood In Osogbo: 3 Trapped In A Car, 3 Others Swept Away (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.