Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) (42692 Views)

What Will You Do In This Situation / As A Driver, What Would You Do In This Situation? / As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by chrizzyace: 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2022
Sekoni003:
Swerve to the un-tarred road on the right beside the yellow truck then get back to the main road once I see an opening in traffic. That way I'd still maintain my lane without causing a crash since the yellow truck is on the wrong lane

Shay be because there's tarred road on both sides... What If there was none... grin just say yur last prayer my brother or come down stretch your hand to their face them go stop grin

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by davessales039(m): 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2022
Imagine the yellow trailer just had brake failure and that's the reason he came into your lane (foolishly though, because he should have gone off the tarred road instead). You shouldn't expect it to stop for you.

Save yourself first, slow down the best you can in those few seconds then turn right, off the road. (enough space there, in the pic).

In reality, if there is a ditch there, stop the car quickly and get out of it.

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by omoalaafin: 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
If you drive on this kind of road, you must envisage this kind of thing and be at alert. If you are on a stretch with ditch on the sides, you need to slow down a little and be watchful for this kind of situation.

One day, on my way from Owo to Lagos between Akure and Ilesa, a BMW car trying to overtake a bus at top speed faced me suddenly. We were like 50 metres apart, I slowed down a little swerved to my right with my left side Tyres on the tarred road for some balance and immediately the car passed, I swerved back.

Above all, commit your journeys to God.

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by merits(m): 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:
I'm still learning so in this situation, I will simply swerve into the bush yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'. "Exit of a young gem" will never be my portion. angry

Experienced drivers, let's hear from you!
it depends on the distance if the distance is far enough to flash the crazy overtaking driver to stop you can do that,secondly you can reduce your own speed to give the overtaking driver to carry on with is madness,while thirdly if the distance is too short just swerve to the road side and let them go.

afterall life as no duplicate.

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by lordmassac(m): 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
olumzzz:

Normal level, you will know what to do if you drive oyo to ogbomosho regularly

Gbayi jare baba.
This road even have where you can layby.
Just slow down and move off the road jeje.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Coolgent(m): 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:
I'm still learning so in this situation, I will simply swerve into the bush yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'. "Exit of a young gem" will never be my portion. angry

Experienced drivers, let's hear from you!

Just put on your right signal to indicate that u are going right to the untar road
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Holymotherchurc: 8:40pm On Feb 19, 2022
In that situation, u have to wait for the overtaken trailer to swevre for you... He is at fault.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by adetem(m): 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
If the ground is not too high, come down off the road by applying brake... If the ground is high stop and quickly open left side door rush out.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Fayrouzz(m): 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
tropaz:
grin

This is a normal thing on Oyo Ogbomoso highway.

Just match the brake, navigate to your right hand side and let the truck overtake, then you proceed...

If you think you are a good driver, drive Oyo Ogbomoso highway and rate yourself again. Sometimes, you won't even have the privilege to swerve right. So, you have to be a good thinker on that highway. I drove on that road for 3years as a commercial driver...
Omor... 3 years.

I only passed the road one, i swore never to try it again.

And i wasn't wasn't the driver.

That road is a trap.

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by princewarri1985: 12:33am On Feb 20, 2022
Ishilove:
Or last last, this one no too hard l'agbara Olorun
I will jejely swerve in to the bush too! Or exit the car there and jumped inside the bush and see what the 2 idiot trailer drivers will do, and let me see if they will crush my car
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by saintruky(m): 12:38am On Feb 20, 2022
I'll maintain my lane.. i won't swerve... Rather I'd flash or power on my head lamp in full to d overtaking truck as gesture to say baba we die here... Me go no where... Bring it on
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by OgaTheTop2: 2:45am On Feb 20, 2022
Ishilove:

Didn't you learn anything in driving school?? You are supposed to tilt the car on two wheels and drive between the trucks.
lol grin
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Frederick2017: 6:48am On Feb 20, 2022
Lol..... I will swerve to my right side so that awon werey no go koba mi.

I have a question. What if there is no place to swerve? I mean, if both sides have pavement, wetin u go do? cheesy
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Frederick2017: 6:50am On Feb 20, 2022
saintruky:
I'll maintain my lane.. i won't swerve... Rather I'd flash or power on my head lamp in full to d overtaking truck as gesture to say baba we die here... Me go no where... Bring it on

Lol..... Eeyah... Your bones sef, dem no go see pick. Hahahaha
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Praxtech: 8:24am On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:

I’ll leave the road for them. We live to fight another day.

As you can see, this one and majority of his gender would refuse to swerve. That is why they have fewer pictures of three generations. They will na say it is women (wives) killing them.

Whereas the main cause of their deaths are;
1) Coconut head.
2) Taking tramadol to knack younger side chicks.

The bolded pain you like maad
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by saintruky(m): 9:07am On Feb 20, 2022
Frederick2017:

Lol..... Eeyah... Your bones sef, dem no go see pick. Hahahaha

Baba d truck driver nor go like head-on collusion... If say na America e happen oo..

But if na dangote truck, i go off d game lol

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by 9icetoo(m): 9:37am On Feb 20, 2022
Hit your brakes as hard as you can without loosing control.
Let go of the brakes, take the shoulder off the road and get on the brakes again gently.

Steer back onto the road when the danger has passed.

Do not stay on the brakes as you are about to go to the shoulder. The difference in friction between the two front tyres (one on sand, one on tarmac) might cause you to loose control.

If you have a ditch on your right side, take the left if clear.

If you have a ditch on both sides, take the shallower one.

It's better than being crushed by a semi in a head on collision. You will likely die.

Of course in all these, first make sure the semi is not taking the same evasive manouvre as you.

2 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Thazard(m): 12:28pm On Feb 20, 2022
OK
naptu2:
Checkout the driver of the other train at 27 seconds in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_Y8nHhnOo
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by nirwaarun: 7:51am On Feb 21, 2022
In Canada, Sherwood Park Cabs are available 24*7 to provide the best taxi services. Expert driver and reliable service charges. Listed in the best taxi companies in Canada.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The All-New 2020 Mercedes-benz GLS SUV / Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage / Flood In Osogbo: 3 Trapped In A Car, 3 Others Swept Away (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.