Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) (37515 Views)

DSS Detains Tricycle Rider In Osun On Orders Of Ooni Of Ife Over Text Message / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2022
The black man and jealousy/hatred against his neighbours, that will forever be a constant.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
Blue3k:
The defendant acted foolishly but that doesn't mean he's guilty. I do find it hard to believe he organized the theft of 200 million naira in cash without being noticed. I'm just not sure about the story though.

I dont buy his slavery story considering he could of walked off the job when he was 18. Did his parents sell him into slavery and not care? If they're working you like a mule with no payment why are you there? It was foolish for him wasting his life serving this king, speaking to the police without a lawyer and signing statements without a deal in place.

I don't get that part too.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
Richy4:

Apologies... I never knew I was speaking with a Pillock and a Mumpsimus individual.. have a great day smiley
Shvt, up, get Benin out of your venom filled mouth.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by 27Pushing30: 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
ProfAmaben:
Benin people are just too daft. The Obas were known to sacrifice human beings during the peak of their powers. The last Oba in1897 was said to sacrifice over 5,000 people when the British were invading (after 1897, the Obas are just advisers and wield no power, an LGA chairman is higher). The Obas are worshipped as gods but trust me, they don't have any power more than you and I.

Britain burnt down the whole Benin in less than 4hrs, looted their palace and shrines including their highest god whom they sacrificed millions of humans to, if these Obas were spiritual and powerful, would such have happened? Benin people are docile and easily brainwashed.

Today, they are doing everything possible to restore the Benin monarchy back to it's useless glory (human sacrifices), they are giving a mere man that sleeps with numerous women and uses the toilet power over life and death. Such rubbish can never happen in any sane society.

Oba my foot, he's just a mere guy that's hustling just like everyone.

The Obas of Benin were said to have sold over 200,000 people as slaves to Portugal, they exemplified slavery to the core, they weakened all their surrounding neighbors except the Igbos obviously, I wonder what's so special about an irrelevant stool in 2022 that would warrant them being unable to face accusations and be punished for crimes against humanity.

In Benin tradition, the Oba never bows before any human, but he bowed before a woman here grin, Africans nor just get sense grin
The sad thing about all you just typed is that if you search history ALL EMPIRES AT THE TIME did same or worse!

It’s just that youre a BLACK MAN who is still colonized.

I pity you.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ghostwon6511:

It is Oba of Benin (like in Benin empire).
shut up, Bini is the real n traditional word, whites spelt it to Benin, slave boy, commoner you will never learn. People like you are the reason I hate commoners
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Alcoron:
He is not a demon. He is a mere man.

No one is above criticism.
He can never be too big to answer to these allegations, that's despicable of Benin kingdom and the Oba.
oya go question am na, commoners nor go ever get sense. If you're a commoner always avoid royal issues so u don't keep embarrassing yourself
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by bennybuhari: 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
what if the commoners in their millions invade the palace and raze it down like during Endsars? what can Benin people do?
PrinceMajestic:
oya go question am na, commoners nor go ever get sense. If you're a commoner always avoid royal issues so u don't keep embarrassing yourself

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
shut up, Bini is the real n traditional word, whites spelt it to Benin, slave boy, commoner you will never learn. People like you are the reason I hate commoners
Ah, so you mean before the whites arrived, it was spelt "Bini" ?
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
slimmoney:
above investigation? i guess u joking, nobody on this earth is above the law.
learn that so many people are above the law. Stop being stupid, last time I checked commoners and royals both have brains. Pls use ur brain

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ghostwon6511:

Ah, so you mean before the whites arrived, it was spelt "Bini" ?
Bini is the real word!!! Stop being annoying, don't tell me about our Father throne. You commoner! Just stay off my mention pls
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Blue3k(m): 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
JuanDeDios:

I don't get that part too.

Also keep in mind the slave got himself a girlfriend in between his routine 12 hour shifts..

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 20, 2022
bennybuhari:
what if the commoners in their millions invade the palace and raze it down like during Endsars? what can Benin people do?
Are you not ashamed of the kind of jealousy you are exposing. Your jealousy is so big that you are day dreaming online of invading and burning down the palace of Benin. What is wrong with you ?
What kind of psychopath are you ?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Bundaweber: 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
godofuck231:
If you all knew what you are getting into ,leave the oba alone , be warned , omadan (sword bearers ) are known to be terrible kids , wayward and crimey at a young age , they are taken to the palace as a way of curbing their evil excesses, its a last resort for parents in ancient times and modern , its an institution on its own to teach these kids discipline. BE WARNED

hmm!!! i just dey look sahara reporters dey laugh. them no no anything.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
bennybuhari:
that can never happen. Not in this life, infact some palace that are not as powerful as Oba's palace people have gone there to invade and kill but they got there and ended up in a complete state of imbecility until they were called out with their guns and asked to go home without no one hurting them. Talk more of the Father Throne that birthed such a palace? I'm not mocking you n I'm sorry if I did but you can never understand some things except you're born by a king. These things are beyond the comprehension of commoners, no offense bro, one love
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Help2020: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ghostwon6511:

Dude, you are not Edo, what are you doing in Benin city ? You are showing your hatred of my people, yet you are living on our capital. Get the hell out of our land completely.
What concerns you in our culture ?
Who born you to change my tribe for me? I don't live in Nigeria, but I'm from Edo. What makes you think every Edo person worship Oba?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
Bini is the real word!!! Stop being annoying, don't tell me about our Father throne. You commoner! Just stay off my mention pls
could you kindly answer my question:
Do you mean it was spelt "Bini" before the whites arrived.

For your info: my great grand father was Enogie Udobor, one of my great grand fathers was called chief Agho Obaseki. I think you are the commoner, not me.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Help2020:

Who born you to change my tribe for me? I don't live in Nigeria, but I'm from Edo. What makes you think every Edo person worship Oba?
every Edo person knows that Edo is our language and the name of our people, not a land. But outsiders like you confuse everything and think the word Edo comes from "Edo-state", which is why you keep saying: "I am from Edo". That sentence makes no sense to us Edo people.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by NaijaTrend01(f): 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Only idiots in Benin that have regards for that man.
If it is where I come from, if you don't put food on my table whatever you are is to your family. Imagine such slavery in the name of serving ordinary man. Arrogant display of power towards the poor.

Come and try that rubbish in the Land of the Rising Sun.

8 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by JOemmy(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

From time immemorial and even till date, people hero-worship their fellow mere mortal human beings for different reasons but in a case where crime is established to have been commited, there will be a distinction between the individual on a seat and the office. Not even a title you earn by being the 1st biologocal son o, not an office you attained because you achieved one serious form of bravery or phenomenal accomplishment. Your only credential to be on that seat is by circumstances of birth and nothing more.

That was why the Queen seperated those titles from Andrew so he does not drag those offices and titles into ignominy.

If this story is true,I will demand that the National Human Rrght Commission(NHRC) and other humanright groups take up the case of this young man and should investigate the palace and other traditiomal rulers that may still be practicing human slavery.

All the slaves in all palaces in Nigeria must be set free for life and compensated.

Those pictures of the young boy tell a glaring but cringe-worthy story that he is a slave living as a sub-human to the Oba and this is unacceptable in this time and age.

Nelson Oghogho is not a slave!!
He is a free born citizen of Nigeria.

I heard those aides are killed and buried with the oba when they die I don't know how true is this.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 7:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ghostwon6511:

Do you mean it was spelt "Bini" before the whites arrived. For your info: my grand father was Enogie Udobor, one of my great grand fathers was called chief Agho Obaseki. I think you are the commoner, not me.
Lol, my friend na king sperm produce you? Abeg swerve

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Help2020: 7:45pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ghostwon6511:

[s]every Edo person knows that Edo is our language and the name of our people, not a land. But outsiders like you confuse everything and think the word Edo comes from "Edo-state", which is why you keep saying: "I am from Edo". That sentence makes no sense to us Edo people[/s].
Lol. What exactly makes you think I would choose Edo if I'm not from there? Well,nan you get your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
JOemmy:

I heard those aides are killed and buried with the oba when they die I don't know how true is this.
do you expect Oba to carry abere and adarh by himself during his passage to the afterlife? The same people carrying them for him when he was alive are thesame people that will carry it for him in his afterlife passage to join the spirits of Kings. These things are common sense, don't ask this silly question again.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
tito44:

I dey boil for here walahi. How the yeye oba brainwashed all these Benin people is beyond imagination
Thank God we are on nairaland me I go yab them till them get small sense no fvcking oba would try that in yorúba land or Igbo. How can Benin people support such a stupid act.
I dey wait for any mumu Benin dumbo wen go quote me na to drag am like tiger generator this evening

8 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 20, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
Lol, my friend na king sperm produce you? Abeg swerve
So you, Mr arrogant, you can't answer a simple question about your own claim ?
I corrected you by telling you the name is "Benin", not "Bini", you called me a commoner and said the whites misspelled it.

But my friend, your statement made zero sense since the whites were the first to ever spell the word and they did so to reflect it's prononciation. Also we Edo didn't have a written language, just to inform you.
Also the spelling of our name by Europeans was not the same for Europeans speaking different languages, you had theses spellings:
Ouéni, Benin, Beny...

Never Bini.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
do you expect Oba to carry abere and adarh by himself during his passage to the afterlife? The same people carrying them for him when he was alive are thesame people that will carry it for him in his afterlife passage to join the spirits of Kings. These things are common sense, don't ask this silly question again.
Ok, you are definitely not Edo. You are just pretending online as a way to troll.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
tito44:

I dey boil for here walahi. How the yeye oba brainwashed all these Benin people is beyond imagination
mynd44, rule 2
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ghostwon6511:
Do you mean it was spelt "Bini" before the whites arrived.

For your info: my grand father was Enogie Udobor, one of my great grand fathers was called chief Agho Obaseki. I think you are the commoner, not me.
get off my mention, I'm done. Mention your fellow red bloods pls
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2022
Help2020:

Lol. What exactly makes you think I would choose Edo if I'm not from there? Well,nan you get your mouth.
So basically, you claim to be Edo, and therefor you are Edo ? This kind of circular logic is amazing. You are not Edo, you don't know nor understand us.
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
get off my mention, I'm done. Mention your fellow red bloods pls
Stop pretending to be Edo ! Stop the impersonation !
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by Help2020: 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ghostwon6511:

[s]So basically, you claim to be Edo, and therefor you are Edo ? This kind of circular logic is amazing. You are not Edo, you don't know nor understand us[/s].
Nan u get your mouth. Use an talk wetin suit you.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by PrinceMajestic: 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ghostwon6511:

Ok, you are definitely not Edo. You are just pretending online as a way to troll.
Lol, so daft. I thought you were intelligent. So you expect Oba to carry Abere and Ada by himself during passage to join spirits of Kings? Pls stop making me hate commoners more and more! Stay away from royal issues if a king did not give birth to you. Simple advice, pls take it
Re: Oba Of Benin Detains Nelson Oghogho, Palace Aide (Photos) by tito44: 7:56pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ghostwon6511:
mynd44, rule 2

Rule 2 kee u there

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi / Masquerade Seriously Beats An Okada Rider (video) / EndSARS : Oba Rilwan akinolu Returns To Palace Two Months After Mob Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.