Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,523 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. (28862 Views)

A Line With No Revenue-generating Capacity In 1 Year Will Be Disconnected - MTN / Help!!! I Mistakenly Overloaded My Airtel Line / How To Get 6gb With N3000 Or 3gb With N2000 On 9mobile. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Alamkir: 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
donbachi:
Na like dis the miracle alert dey take enter too..after una go sey e no possible.

Enjoy.
What stupid miracle, enjoy what. This is how u Pple made robbery to become normal thing in the society, u will pass it to ur children and continue in ur generation. Nothing is free he will pay one way or the other if he didn't return that money

1 Like

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by TheWolfen(m): 4:17pm On Feb 20, 2022
How did the person got your number?

Isacar:
Me self don credit person number instead of mine. I was feeling sleepy as soon as I purchased card using ussd, I received a debit alert but Slept off, wen I woke up, to call d, ur account is limited...........

The funniest part was dat, after a while the person I credit sent a request to me to credit d same number, and I was like wtf......
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Olam09(m): 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
FromZeroToHero:
I have this airtel line I only use for browsing. Its not my personal line, just strictly for browsing. Though sometimes I make calls with it whenever there's a bonus airtime in it. So yesterday I saw a credit alert of N3000 worth of airtime and I think It was a mistake by someone. I called customer care but they refused to reveal the identity of the person. I seriously want to make a refund but I don't know to do so.

The person made a mistake, maybe he wanted to recharge for someone else through his bank with ussd code.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by mechanics(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
You can tell the customer care to contact the person on your behalf if truly the card is meant for you.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Bahamas95(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Even if the sender calls you be careful and only send back to the phone number or bank account it originated from. This could be a stolen fund or money laundering.
On top 3k?

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Isacar(m): 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2022
TheWolfen:
How did the person got your number?

if u purchase airtime using ussd at d end of the message received, there's always the number der starting with 234, so I'm pretty sure he must have gotten my number frm der, and used MTN ME2U. Well it depends on banks
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by wicca059(m): 4:24pm On Feb 20, 2022
��������
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by TheiaTalks: 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
FromZeroToHero:
I have this airtel line I only use for browsing. Its not my personal line, just strictly for browsing. Though sometimes I make calls with it whenever there's a bonus airtime in it. So yesterday I saw a credit alert of N3000 worth of airtime and I think It was a mistake by someone. I called customer care but they refused to reveal the identity of the person. I seriously want to make a refund but I don't know to do so.

If you can't reach the person, just say a prayer or two for him or her (if you're a Christian sha)...

It's not your fault...
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by freemanq(m): 4:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Your own share of the excess revenue from NNPC
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
God works in many ways
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by emmydee(m): 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2022
Na scam ooo. When the person calls you, he will likely pray for you.Don’t say “Amen” . Just keep your mouth shut.
Na ritualists be that oo.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by emmydee(m): 4:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
Run oo. They are ritualists. The sender would likely call and be praying for you. Do not answer “amen” to their prayers. They will take your destiny. Just ignore them when they call.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by bluefilm: 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2022
FromZeroToHero:

Baba will soon call you to pray for you after you transfer the money back to them. grin grin grin
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
Rubxsky:
The person who sent it could also call him if he/she wanted the refund. Op's phone no should be in his bank alert.
maybe na one politician mistakenly send am to u instead of him sugar punana. So enjoy the national cake
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
phemmyfour:

That's not the person's number. It's an airtel official number used in selling VTU. I have called it countless times and its switched off
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
Saig:

Is that not the number of the person that sent it to you there. Call the person and send it back

That's not the person's number. It's an airtel official number used in selling VTU. I have called it countless times and its switched off
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2022
Maj196:
So na you shocked Oga send me back my airtime

Call me if you are the one.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2022
Chicent:

Why no w... The number of the sender is there. Abi no be you send screenshot of the text,??

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by FromZeroToHero(m): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
08086594417 is the sender number call him to confirm..

That's not the person's number. It's an airtel official number used in selling VTU. I have called it countless times and its switched off.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Istan2020: 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
FromZeroToHero:
I'm the one. Your number is 08127275624.

I was trying to recharge my line for Airtel data subscription and mistakenly wrote 6 instead of my number. Please can pchat me to refund the money. Thank you.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by alabi484(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
FromZeroToHero:

It's likely a mistake from a vtu top up from a POS agent.

The person might not call because trying to get it back usually ends up as an excercise in futility.
I don do this kind mistake tire.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Istan2020: 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2022
FromZeroToHero:

That's not the person's number. It's an airtel official number used in selling VTU. I have called it countless times and its switched off.
I'll call with an MTN line that ends with 7844 now. Thank you.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by amodujames(m): 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
I remembered that year someone mistakely credited my mtn line.. She called and ask me why can't I call to say thank you.. I said thank you grin
And she banned the call
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Istan2020: 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
alabi484:

It's likely a mistake from a vtu top up from a POS agent.

The person might not call because trying to get it back usually ends up as an excercise in futility.
I don do this kind mistake tire.
No, I was trying to recharge from Access Bank mobile app. The airtime is for my Mifi data subscription. I tried calling him immediately but the line was switched off. I've called the number again this morning and it didn't go through.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Istan2020: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2022
Olam09:

The person made a mistake, maybe he wanted to recharge for someone else through his bank with ussd code.
I actually used an Access Bank mobile app and made a mistake and wrote 6 in the op's number I quoted earlier.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by alabi484(m): 5:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
Istan2020:
No, I was trying to recharge from Access Bank mobile app. The airtime is for my Mifi data subscription. I tried calling him immediately but the line was switched off. I've called the number again this morning and it didn't go through.

Wow, since it's here, I'm sure it'll be resolved.

Airtel mifi... undecided
Airtel network has been piss poor in my area sha

1 Like

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by luvyaself95(m): 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
Passionnn:
I was on my own jejely one Monday morning when someone called me to tell me they mistakenly sent recharge pins to my message inbox. The person begged me not to load them. I assured the person that I won't load them.
30 minutes later, the person called again that the cards have been resent to the real destination and the person confirmed I didn't touch it. He further told me his father wished to speak with me.
When the "father" spoke, it was with a fake Yoruba accent. He introduced himself as a babalawo from Ile Ife. He asked me to get a sachet of water. He wanted to pray for me. I told him I am with one. After the prayers, he told me he could make me very rich. All I needed to do was to send him 50k to buy the necessary materials for the sacrifice.
419 people, very creative. My only joy that day was that he was the one burning his airtime. I was just playing along.

I have experience such but i don't waste time dropping the call when the old man started praying from his voice i have sense scammer.
The country people dey oh as you're trying to be nice they will still want to scam you on top grin
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Istan2020: 5:40pm On Feb 20, 2022
FromZeroToHero:

I have called your line severally and it's switched off. The line I mistakenly recharged is 08127275624.

I am trying to connect with you through Nairaland inmail. Please accept so I can send send my number.
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by luvyaself95(m): 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
Oyinlomobambam:
I made this kind mistake do 5k data for someone, I actually missed a number... É pain me ehn.

The most painful part is the person na someone that don't browse or use smart phone, cos when I called the na one old woman pick am
Chai grin even if the person would want to return the data it's impossible as an old woman she is
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by luvyaself95(m): 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
Abujaexpress:
Trace the phone line and return the amount erroneously sent to you, otherwise, it can put you in serious problems.
e no tef am na why the threat undecided
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Istan2020: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
alabi484:

Wow, since it's here, I'm sure it'll be resolved.

Airtel mifi... undecided
Airtel network has been piss poor in my area sha
Yes, I was conducting an interview by around 12am before the internet started giving me issues. So I thought it was due to low data and wanted to topup with 3k subscription so I can continue with the interview. But I mistakenly recharged his line instead. This happened twice in the midnight, but the second number I recharged was my line. So I just abandoned the the interview and went to sleep. : embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by pashiano: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
Artiiclebeast:
The number that sent you the credit is right there on the narration.

Add a 0 to the number and cal it up..

my man, am a vendor, that number you see there is not the sender.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Boss Is Tracking Me With Phone / All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / 12 Reasons You Really Don’t Need That New Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.