Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church (16156 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Living Close To A Church Or Mosque, Which One Do You Prefer? / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by richmanrichard: 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2022
Youngzedd:
Mathew 6:6-8
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

1 Kings 18:26-29,36-38
[26]So they prepared one of the bulls and placed it on the altar. Then they called on the name of Baal from morning until noontime, shouting, “O Baal, answer us!” But there was no reply of any kind. Then they danced, hobbling around the altar they had made.
[27]About noontime Elijah began mocking them. “You’ll have to shout louder,” he scoffed, “for surely he is a god! Perhaps he is daydreaming, or is relieving himself. Or maybe he is away on a trip, or is asleep and needs to be wakened!”
[28]So they shouted louder, and following their normal custom, they cut themselves with knives and swords until the blood gushed out.
[29]They raved all afternoon until the time of the evening sacrifice, but still there was no sound, no reply, no response.
[36]At the usual time for offering the evening sacrifice, Elijah the prophet walked up to the altar and prayed, “O lord, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, prove today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant. Prove that I have done all this at your command.
[37]O lord, answer me! Answer me so these people will know that you, O lord, are God and that you have brought them back to yourself.”
[38]Immediately the fire of the lord flashed down from heaven and burned up the young bull, the wood, the stones, and the dust. It even licked up all the water in the trench!

they wud quote u with a counter verse which states that' the kingdom of God sufferer violence n violence taketh it by force,comrade.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by richmanrichard: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
MISSCONGENIALITY:
No be lie..our people study the bible from behind
we are just plainly wicked.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by richmanrichard: 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
doverulez:
Its a nightmare!!!

I am currently facing one as i'm typing this. The worst part of my predicament is that its not only one church but four churches in my domain. Abeg, i dey look for a cost effective room self-contain wey dey close to apapa and no church in about 500 mile radius round. Abeg helep a Gee.
that's more like looking for a virgin in owerri or lagos
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Youngzedd(m): 6:44am On Feb 22, 2022
richmanrichard:
they wud quote u with a counter verse which states that' the kingdom of God sufferer violence n violence taketh it by force,comrade.

The words of Christ is superior to every other person in the scripture.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by doverulez(m): 9:34am On Feb 22, 2022
LOL. I swear down. its really crazy the difficulty acquiring a suitable accommodation seems theses days. but some one here will surely have a connect. at all at all na witchcraft.
richmanrichard:
that's more like looking for a virgin in owerri or lagos
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by 1Sharon(f): 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

These people don't understand what it means to be Christians.

They don't know that Christianity is a model for good neighborliness.

I was a pastor at the time I was in constant confrontation with a noisy church right in front of my house. My landlord always found it hard to believe that a pastor would have a problem with vigils. I told him I didn't have a problem with vigils, but with people who had no empathy.

In the church I pastored, I personally invested in sound proof pads, because I understood that being good neighbors is one of the characteristics of a good Christian. Did Christ Himself not ask us to love our neighbors as ourselves?

But these misinformed Christians don't care about their neighbors. They think that gathering in the name of God exempts them from the admonition to have consideration for others. They will tell you that they are worshipping their God. But what is worship without considerations for the neighbors?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by wealthtrak: 9:01am On Feb 25, 2022
Tallesty1:
Happened a long time ago. There was this church that shared same fence with my brother's compound. They sing, clap and shout both in the day and at night. I can't even remember everything again but I sha told the pastor that they were disturbing the hood, especially the new born baby in the house.

They church said that I was possessed, they said that their prayer was disturbing the spirit that possessed me, the reason I am complaining.

Me wey don dey craze from bele. I no go.

I went to the market the next day and bought a Tecno, I think it was the T series. Those ones that have big speaker on the lower end of their rears.

I loaded it with crazy songs, starting with Terry G's free madness, charged the battery full and kept it on standby.

The next program, I placed the phone on our bathroom window that's just a few steps away from their alter and fired on long before they started coming.

Half way into my songs, someone tapped on our door, guess who? The pastor.

He came to complain that the music was a distraction and told me to lower the volume. I told him that they disturb us anytime they sing and shout to the Lord in the night.
grin grin... Some of those so-called pastors are conservative religious bigots who lack respect for other peoples' private space.

These churches and mosques
should be made to use sound-proof devices before being approved to operate like it's done in the
Western world.

I like what you did to that noisy pastor without throwing a physical punch at him! Lol
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by maasoap(m): 9:05am On Feb 25, 2022
richmanrichard:
DAT 5am wakeup call from mosques, naim dey pain pass. d time wey I dey jos,dem frustrate my life.whenever I read try d night; just when about to sleep well- they wud just pursue sleep commot for my eye.

You want to sleep by 5am and then there is 5 minutes disturbance. I think I would gladly choose that over the night long disturbance.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by richmanrichard: 9:15am On Feb 25, 2022
maasoap:

You want to sleep by 5am and then there is 5 minutes disturbance. I think I would gladly choose that over the night long disturbance.
come out plain.You are a Muslim.d way Muslims n Christians disturb their neighborhood is wrong.The loud speakers used by both,the blockage of roads during jumat services by Muslim faithfuls,the early mourning preaching with loud systems by Christians are all wrong.thats not done in saner climes.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by maasoap(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2022
richmanrichard:
come out plain.You are a Muslim.

I have never for once denied that now.

d way Muslims n Christians disturb their neighborhood is wrong.The loud speakers used by both,the blockage of roads during jumat services by Muslim faithfuls,the early mourning preaching with loud systems by Christians are all wrong.thats not done in saner climes.

Yes, both are wrong, the speakers, the road blockages. But I'm still saying that the ones that last 5-10 minutes are in no way comparable to the ones that last all night long. You may not agree but just ask yourself, why is everyone talking about churches but not about mosques?
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by richmanrichard: 9:28am On Feb 25, 2022
maasoap:

I have never for once denied that now.

Yes, both are wrong, the speakers, the road blockages. But I'm still saying that the ones that last 5-10 minutes are in no way comparable to the ones that last all night long. You may not agree but just ask yourself, why is everyone talking about churches but not about mosques?
comrade stop quoting me
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Janosky: 10:53am On Feb 25, 2022
richmanrichard:

That rendition is NOT holy scriptures.
The Greek manuscript doesn't have any verses like the one you quote.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Janosky: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2022
pocohantas:
It is Sunday and I remembered something that happened when I was househunting.

I didn’t care about bad roads as much as I cared about renting a house close to churches. It was the major thing I looked out for.

Share your experiences living close to a church.

OP, next time rent a house adjacent to the kingdom hall of JEHOVAH'S witnesses & have peace.
JWs worship the God of peace, NOT noise pollution.

Anybody who lives close to the meeting place of JEHOVAH'S witnesses is rest assured of a tranquil environment when our Bible study meetings are taking place.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by richmanrichard: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2022
Janosky:

That rendition is NOT holy scriptures.
The Greek manuscript doesn't have any verses like the one you quote.
go church - you say NO.its in the Bible. don't worry ,I wud search d bible n quote u later
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by apatheticme(f): 12:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
Aarenasbaba:
Na die.... One church is near my house ( Ori oke gbogunmi) their noise is secund to none. If you sleep before there service, you're safe. If there service starts before you sleep. You're in soup... I didn't hear their noise of recent and decided to find out. They said the communities have taken steps against him. The funniest part was that, the number of worshipers in the church is not more than 8

@bolded ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You're wicked grin grin grin cheesy

How can they have 8 members only shocked

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
apatheticme:

@bolded ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You're wicked grin grin grin cheesy

How can they have 8 members only shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by maasoap(m): 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
richmanrichard:
comrade stop quoting me

May be you should stop quoting me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Death Toll In Anambra Church Stampede Rises To 52 / How Good Is God? / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.