Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,391 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church (16158 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Living Close To A Church Or Mosque, Which One Do You Prefer? / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by reubenobi(m): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
President2001:
I think is a great opportunity because all program they will be doing, will help your spiritual growth
by making noise and inconveniencing other people, Is that how you grow spiritually?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2022
jogsman01:
Ede?
Abeokuta
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Bashnigga(m): 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
CountVersailles:
If there are so many people against these noises in church, then who are the Nigerians going to church?
Lol, The people from other places come to churches close to our houses to disturb us & we go to churches in other places to worry the residents there...u gerrit?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Skyfornia(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2022
PrimadonnaO:
I only lived close to a church during my undergrad days.

Ironically, it was beneficial for me.

My primary church was a bit far away from my house, but there was an RCCG church sharing a fence with my compound.

It ensured that I never missed service (Sunday and mid-week) during my stay in that compound..

When I didn't go to my primary church, I only needed to wear a simple dress and stroll into the RCCG church.

It's one of the reasons I started desiring that my primary place of worship not be far from my home.

I'm lazy about going out, but I want to be consistent with physical worship. So the closer the better.

See how mature your response is...if no be for one thing, you know I for take you to mama

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2022
The one close to my house is just too loud.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by maasoap(m): 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
pocohantas:
It is Sunday and I remembered something that happened when I was househunting.

I didn’t care about bad roads as much as I cared about renting a house close to churches. It was the major thing I looked out for.

Share your experiences living close to a church.

Same thing for me, I hate noise and a very disturbing noise for that matter! If I buy a piece of land for construction and a church grows up close by, I will sell it even if it is a house and not just a piece of land
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Yewandequeen(f): 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2022
Tallesty1:
Happened a long time ago. There was this church that shared same fence with my brother's compound. They sing, clap and shout both in the day and at night. I can't even remember everything again but I sha told the pastor that they were disturbing the hood, especially the new born baby in the house.

They church said that I was possessed, they said that their prayer was disturbing the spirit that possessed me, the reason I am complaining.

Me wey don dey craze from bele. I no go.

I went to the market the next day and bought a Tecno, I think it was the T series. Those ones that have big speaker on the lower end of their rears.

I loaded it with crazy songs, starting with Terry G's free madness, charged the battery full and kept it on standby.

The next program, I placed the phone on our bathroom window that's just a few steps away from their alter and fired on long before they started coming.

Half way into my songs, someone tapped on our door, guess who? The pastor.

He came to complain that the music was a distraction and told me to lower the volume. I told him that they disturb us anytime they sing and shout to the Lord in the night.

finish the story na.

How did it end?
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Encyclopedia1: 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2022
Not good at all. Vigil be like just 2 people with all loud speakers on like it's a full Sunday worship.
Omo laslas na me leave the area for them ooo.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by maasoap(m): 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2022
hiteelong:
In my street, there are 8 religious centers(churches and mosque), the only one I like is the one that serves as my alarm every day @ 5am grin. Others just constitute nuisance with heavy duty speakers

That's mosque. The longest length of the disturbance shouldn't be more than two minutes and that's between 5am and 8pm. It doesn't really cause sleep disruption.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Aaay: 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
No difference
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
Skyfornia:

See how mature your response is...if no be for one thing, you know I for take you to mama

Lol
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Babathanks(m): 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
I left my former apartment because of this kind of thing
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Noblewealth(m): 10:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
This articles is solely for me, my present abode has a church infact it a shop rented to calabar church..

Every last Friday of the month is like a war zone in my compound, no body will sleep with beating of drums and keyboards.. those people don't have any iota of feelings at all..

Wednesdays is another marathon of noise for those staying back at home..

We have reported them to the authorities but all to no avail.. we also reported them to our caretaker cos our landlord is late still they bribe him with money...

Meanwhile, there's no any security accertain cos people go to church with different motives, we are always extra careful and watchful with our properties most especially whenever they are having vigils..
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Riscawendy(f): 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2022
The place l stay is not far from my church. I usually hear them sing from my house, especially in the morning. But my nightmare is all the ministries in my street. Every Friday is night vigil, then every other night has it own program. So if this one doesn't have, the other has. Presently because of all their program l have born again and again and again....

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by smallsmall: 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2022
Loud Noises, Cursing and Ranting all day and Night.
And the worst part is that they use a Public Adress System (Megaphone) in the dead of the Night, with less than Ten People inside the Church.
The Modafcukers would not allow anyone sleep peacefully, as if l am the one that asked their Evil ways to be tormenting them all night.

I wont ever live within a vicinity where there is a Church......... except if they are Jehovahs Witnesses people, those ones have enough sense not to face the Public with their Speakers and it is always reasonably turned up not to affect or offend other.
But MFN, Redeem, White Garment and some other Mushrooms Churches looking for public attention, they are all destined for Hell fire, for disturbing our sanity with Noise.

Mind you, l always wonder why the Muslims, though having a set time for Prayers (5:30am or 2pm) still think they need to disturb the Peace of the neighbourhood, with blaring Speakers, just to come and pray at those set times?
Cant they set an Alarm in their various Rooms and let it wake them?
Why do Nigerians like to use their fake Religious Outlook to disturb others?

Upon all the Noise and Blaring of Speakers to disturb others, Nigerians are still very Evil, Wicked, decietful, lack integrity and full of all sorts of Evil dedds like Ritual Killings, Kidnapping, Rape, Looting of public Money, etc. Of what Effect is the professed Religion, if not a SCAM?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Kinkinatus(m): 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
Street preachers are the worst. I have one not far from my home. At 4.30am, he will begin to tune his very noisy speakers very loudly then 4.40am he will start gibbering and jabbering away till 8.00am. A different street preacher across the road will start around 8.00 till 12 noon. When they first came to my hood, the noise was much. I kwata with them, argue with them. I switch off their generators, I call police. Police kon talk to dem small. The minute police go, dem go begin halla more noisily than before. I don taya to fight them. Now i dey wake up when dem start, and just dey manage myself and my interrupted sleep somehow through the day. I dey always pray make rain fall for like one month, make person fit get rest. E nor easy oh!
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by smallsmall: 11:42pm On Feb 20, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

These people don't understand what it means to be Christians.

They don't know that Christianity is a model for good neighborliness.

I was a pastor at the time I was in constant confrontation with a noisy church right in front of my house. My landlord always found it hard to believe that a pastor would have a problem with vigils. I told him I didn't have a problem with vigils, but with people who had no empathy.

In the church I pastored, I personally invested in sound proof pads, because I understood that being good neighbors is one of the characteristics of a good Christian. Did Christ Himself not ask us to love our neighbors as ourselves?

But these misinformed Christians don't care about their neighbors. They think that gathering in the name of God exempts them from the admonition to have consideration for others. They will tell you that they are worshipping their God. But what is worship without considerations for the neighbors?

You, are a real Christian!
A true Christian will always ask him/herself, whether his action is causing discomfort to tothrs, before doing it.

Our fire-spitting and Demon-chasing Christians will be shouting Die! Die!! Die!!! all day and night, forgetting that the Bible said "Do not ask for the death of your Enemies".!

But even though l dont like Jehovah's Witnesses's that much, they are the only Christian faith that have shown such consideartion for their neighbours, they have a P.A System but it is high fidelity and is turned low and facing INSIDE their own Church, so that it does not even disturb the next room or door out side their place of worhsip.

All these MFM, Redeem, Covenant, Christ Embassy, White Garment like Celestial Church, Independent Pastorprenuers need to learn and copy from the JW people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by qekng40(f): 12:41am On Feb 21, 2022
I celebrate this twin brothers who praises the King of kings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RSL8zpz9rA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by aboyaji(m): 12:45am On Feb 21, 2022
pocohantas:
It is Sunday and I remembered something that happened when I was househunting.

I didn’t care about bad roads as much as I cared about renting a house close to churches. It was the major thing I looked out for.

Share your experiences living close to a church.

Thank you poco (not Poco Lee please).

This thread is coming at the right time. Just check the time of posting this my response.

This particular white garment church has been all about chaos even before I moved into the area of which I didn't take cognizance of their presence initially.

They have activities from morning till night unending, every day. Monday to Sunday. Just check out even right now too, activity is ongoing (singing session with instruments)

But before this singing now, it's been work activities inside the church premises since around 9pm the previous day which is 20th because we're already in another day now. The sound is like a quarry as though site engineers are working on a rock trying to break it into pieces and a mixture of cement, sand and gravel being quarried.

Sometimes, it would sound as though a machine was sucking toilets out from a sewer. This whole noise is very loud and unbearable. I haven't slept and I've been on the bed till now, no sign of sleep. It's over 3-4 hours.

Now they've continued with their singing and clapping.

Frustration is a little word to be used to describe my ordeal right now.

This money, I must make it. If not in an estate, no deal.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by richmanrichard: 12:56am On Feb 21, 2022
I have one at back of my hauz.just separated by a wall. they virtually have programs almost every 9t with loud blazing speakers all round d church n even now; they are currently making loud noise.all d neighbours don go court tire.d court only managed to reduce d number of speakers from 4 to 1 .u don't know d value of living in your house without noise till you have LORDS CHOOSEN church in your vicinity. Very illiterate folks!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Jinglebell70: 1:11am On Feb 21, 2022
I only have problem living close to calabar church cos the way they shout there amen during vigil omo you go fear at first instance, like being scared out of sleep..
imagine the calabar church shouting amen with some horror pronunciation at night

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by richmanrichard: 1:23am On Feb 21, 2022
hiteelong:
In my street, there are 8 religious centers(churches and mosque), the only one I like is the one that serves as my alarm every day @ 5am grin. Others just constitute nuisance with heavy duty speakers
chisos! how do you cope?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Cti28(m): 3:32am On Feb 21, 2022
Juicie2u:
I lived close to one man who claimed to be a Man of God always shouting and praying hitting the floor and walls with his hands and legs screaming on 5he top of his voice for his devil to die from midnight to 5am when I was trying to sleep, I would get so angry I would cover my head with my pillow, no way even tried talking to him funny enough it was my father's house but love pretending anonymous, one fine day he made so much noise that I made a decision to buy the biggest music player and choose the most explicit song tekno puttin, immediately the MOG started it tuned my device on played to the loudest volume, he immediately stopped praying . Who be fool...
grin grin grin you are a real nggarrr.
Christ never prayed in such manner, but these once?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Nobody: 5:18am On Feb 21, 2022
limcar:
I've fúcked a girl inside an empty church on a Wednesday

Odogwu you bad..

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by Kajaard: 5:43am On Feb 21, 2022
PotatoSalad:
Not living close to a church though but something happened sometime last month.
Was rushing to meet the deadline for a project and haven't slept well in days. I finished around 2am that night and tried to sleep to wake up at 6.
It was 4:30 am when one idiot decided to play loud church music on his public address system before doing his morning preaching. I wan mad. Just small thing prevented me from opening my gate that night and confronting the guy....but

I tried to sleep again but couldn't. So I picked up my phone, searched for Bluetooth devices and saw a new device. I connected and heard a ding sound.
The new device was the public address system and looks like it supports multipoint connection.
Don't even imagine what I did that night. I started by playing candy crush on my phone and all you could hear via the loud speaker was "sweet, divine, sugar crush" in th silence of the night.
The guy was probably confused. He had to poweroff the device and ended the morning cry. I bet he got the memo.
Disturbing people at 4:30 am. Wickedness

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

If I was the one I would play a sex movie with all the moaning sounds cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by olisefom: 5:53am On Feb 21, 2022
TheMostComplex1:

Better be paying offering lol

Where will I tell them I have been? They will just open another service on top my head.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by poweredcom(m): 7:20am On Feb 21, 2022
A out 13 churches na de my street from the beginning to end
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:22am On Feb 21, 2022
Juicie2u:
I lived close to one man who claimed to be a Man of God always shouting and praying hitting the floor and walls with his hands and legs screaming on 5he top of his voice for his devil to die from midnight to 5am when I was trying to sleep, I would get so angry I would cover my head with my pillow, no way even tried talking to him funny enough it was my father's house but love pretending anonymous, one fine day he made so much noise that I made a decision to buy the biggest music player and choose the most explicit song tekno puttin, immediately the MOG started it tuned my device on played to the loudest volume, he immediately stopped praying . Who be fool...
You did the best thing. If you knew the time he usually sleep sef you would have extended your music to his sleeping time let him know how it feels like. When I was younger, i stayed with my great aunt who was a landlady. I never understood why she said no night vigils in her house and no loud prayers and she prays every night from 4am and i won't even hear her from my one room. She said anyone who wants to do midnight prayers can do so provided the person next flat is no disturbed. Infact, from experience, she decided she wasn't renting to non Catholics.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:33am On Feb 21, 2022
cococandy:
And the worst part is that you can’t complain to anyone about it who can actually do something to make it stop.
In fact if you talk too much, then you’re a witch. at their next service, you’ll be the focus of their prayer points and deliverance mission.
Some time last year I went out by 1am to complain to this church that was doing night vigil in an uncompleted flat close to my house.
They had mounted 4 giant speakers outside since 9pm and they were not even upto 15inside. A group of people that can hear each other very well without even raising their voices yet they mounted speakers to disturb the whole neighborhood. No one from my street was even there. I struggled through the night to sleep but the vibration and the noise was just too much. I'm a light sleeper and u came home tired hoping to have a good rest only for me need mad people disturbing the whole neighborhood. I patiently waited with the Hope that when they started preaching the bad and the singing will reduce and I will sleep a little. But now way. They never even stopped to preach. I stood up, dressed and opened my gate went there and asked to see their pastor. One dry man came out and I complained to him. He apologized and went in. As I was going into my house I heard him telling his members that someone came to complain. They didn't still reduce the noice so I decided within me that i will deal with them next time. But luckily for me, they didn't come again.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:43am On Feb 21, 2022
Iambro:
Hmmm no be small experience oo grin

We and this church were neighbors. But they stay in a different community, it was a small stream that divided our community and theirs.
Naso the pastor come meet my papa one evening like that o. He said he wants my father to pls not to fence the land close to stream so that his church members can be able to cross easily to church instead of going through the long route which is more far.
My father agreed, but later after some times. This pastor started chasing people away from the land like it was his. Telling strangers who are not member of his church who tries to cross to his own community that the road is not a valid route. This man will chase them back forcing them to go back and follow the normal long route.
My father noticed this and challenged him that what right did he have to chase people away from pass through the land as if it was his.
As my father see say he won dey claim am naso he collect him land o say he go fence am so that everyone including his church members won't pass that way again.

This rest na story oo as this pastor go nack my papa spell shocked.
Na God save our family as I for don turn orphan by now.

Today as I am talking the church don scatter.
Dem catch the pastor sleeping with a church member.

Apart from that noise and everything too join
For your own good, don't you ever rent your land to these new generation churches. Before you know it, they will visit native doctor for you and collect all your land and that's if you are alive to even witness it. The do bury charms and spell to keep the owner of the land out.
Re: Share Your Experiences Living Close To A Church by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:49am On Feb 21, 2022
Angy55:
This was not staying close to a church but Tenants.

The youth pastors my Dad gave an apartment some years back. We couldn't sleep any more. Every day Night vigil, Stamping their feet on the ground. Speaking in tongues of which we do not even know if it was real or not.

Worse case - they kept bringing crowd All in the name of Deliverance.

They only stayed 5 months. He refunded their rent to them and asked them to leave.

The noise was too much.

We are christians too.
Landlords should add it to their agreement. No noisy prayers and night meetings in the property. Any tenant that won't stick to that should not be accepted. One can't go through the day's stress and come home to night vigils. We added it to the agreement including no generator should exceed 10pm except it's a silent generator. And for security reasons we need to sleep in a quiet environment so that we can know what's happening. The night vigil noice and generator noice will make thieves comfortably rod the whole street with no one knowing.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Good Is God? / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy / God And His Angels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.