Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,552 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Cross Roads - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cross Roads (29125 Views)

On The Roads Of Lagos – Lesson From The Young Master. / Cross / CROSS (magic. Sorcery. Myth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
Ujunwa14:
damsel at least let my Jamil experience love with Nonye before you kill him.

Thank you

Beg me now oooo
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 3:07pm On Feb 27, 2022
Solly1:

You are just in time.
Welcome.

Thanks Dear, you're doing "amazingly" well.

Thank you
Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 3:32pm On Feb 27, 2022
This Chimdiya is just like my younger sister.
This girl wears my cloth eeeehn. I have talked and talked and i have gotten tired of talking. Sometimes she will wait for me to leave the house then boom, she has worn my cloth. Nonye sorry ooo, i can relate.

Thanks damsel
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 4:40pm On Feb 27, 2022
Typical Igbo mothers.

Well done damsel
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2022
Adesina12:

You better stop the expensive joke before damsel kill your crush grin

She knows that I'm joking ooo
Re: Cross Roads by Nanya14: 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2022
grin grin Nonye was looking for a job when God was sharing breast to people.

Ride on damsel.
Re: Cross Roads by PrudySara(f): 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2022
Wow..
It's really been a long time
I missed my fellow literature peeps
Ann2012, youngbruzzy
Thanks for the mention damselposh
damselposh:
It's been long Sha. Please if i don't mention you, no vex.

Ujunwa14
Embellished
Preshbeauty
Ann2012
enirock
Oyinella
Adesina12
Mhizv
Khristarl
Prudysara
Okikioluwafemi
Purity23
Skubido
genius43
Veenessha
Ven97

And all those i didn't mention, please come and have your seat, the story is about to begin.
Re: Cross Roads by Ann2012(f): 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2022
PrudySara:
Wow..
Ann2012, youngbruzzy

I miss you too babe

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by silverlinen(m): 7:43pm On Feb 27, 2022
Ujunwa14:
This girl wears my cloth eeeehn. I have talked and talked and i have gotten tired of talking. Sometimes she will wait for me to leave the house then boom, she has worn my cloth. Nonye sorry ooo, i can relate.

Thanks damsel
You self for dey lock your door na
Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 9:18am On Feb 28, 2022
grin grin Nonye you were sleeping when God gave people breast.

Damsel thank you.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 9:28am On Feb 28, 2022
CHAPTER EIGHT

She let out a sigh the moment she saw him entering the eatery. She waved at him making him notice her. He walked towards the table where she sat and took his seat too.

"What kept you?" She asked looking around cautiously. She didn't want anybody to see them together, not that it was a bad thing but it would be suspicious if anyone saw them at the eatery when they could have met at the house.

"There was traffic" he replied.

"Okay" she shrugged.

"So how is he? Has he coughed out blood again since then?" He asked.

"Yes he has coughed out blood and it's not even only that." She grinned "His hands still shake" she added.

"Yes" he replied happily. "When is he going to die sef?" He sneered.

"Aaaah calm down, it will take some months according to the doctor" she said.

"Why will it take so much time? Are you not doing your job well? Are you not giving him enough dosage?" He asked.

"I'm giving him enough dosage. Let's just calm down and let him die when the doctor said he would die" she yawned.

"Have you had anything to eat at all?" He asked peering closely at her.

"No but i will eat when i get back home" she shrugged.

JAMIL
I sighed as i left the conference room. I just got off a meeting few minutes ago. I checked my wrist watch, it was already 6pm. I went to my office to gather my things and head out. No matter what time it was, i was going to see my attraction. I hadn't seen her for a week because of how tight my schedule had been. Stephanie entered my office immediately after i entered.

"I told you to go home Steph. What are you still doing here?" I asked feeling bad for keeping her till that time of the evening. I had told her to go home the moment the meeting ended.

"Someone needs to stay behind to lock up" she replied. I looked at her and shook my head.

"And you think i can't lock up?" I asked grabbing my briefcase.

"No sir, that's not what i meant. I'm your personal assistant and you pay me. It's my duty to wait till you leave the office before i can go" she answered turning off the Air conditioner.

"How is Paul?" I asked leaving the office.

"Sir?" She stuttered following behind. Paul was her boyfriend and i knew she thought i didn't know and didn't care. Well actually i didn't care until my visit to the hospital.

"Paul your boyfriend" I asked while i watched her lock my office.

"Sir you know Paul?" She asked turning to stare at me after she was done locking up.

"I don't know him per say but i know you have a boyfriend and his name is Paul" I shrugged.

"He is fine" she smiled. I looked at her to be sure it wasn't fake.

"You really love him don't you?" I asked. We were already in her office which was just in front of mine.

"Yes sir, i love him" she smiled again. It felt awkward having such discussion with her but if i wanted to be more friendly with people, i guessed i would need to know a few things about them.

"Okay" I replied. She packed the files scattered on the desk into the drawer. She turned off the AC in her office too before we left.

I drove out of the company premises and found my way to Ubakala. I drove in silence and my mind wandered around. I thought about getting an apartment in town for my attraction and her family so that I wouldn't be spending three hours on the road when going to see her. I told my mind to calm down as i needed to know her first before any other thing. When i got to her mother's shade, it was almost 9pm and the woman was packing up. I walked up to her looking around for her daughter.

"Good evening Ma" i greeted wondering if i should genuflect or kneel. I didn't know how Igbos did their own greetings.

"Good evening" she replied glancing at me briefly before returning to what she was doing. I wondered if she recognized me from the other day.

"Ma please what of your daughter?" I asked scratching my head.

"Which of them?" She asked.

"The one that normally help you out with your sales" i answered.

"The both of them help me out with sales" she answered skeptically now focusing on my face.

"Nonye" I said that name that had been ringing in my head since the day i heard it.

"Who are you and why are you looking for Nonye?" She eyed me up and down.

"I'm her friend Ma" I replied.

"Her friend from where?" She asked again as she retie her wrapper. I sighed thinking of what else to say. "Are you a kidnapper?" She snapped at me and before i could even say anything, she grabbed the big stainless spoon she fried yam with and waved it in my face. "Answer me now, are you a kidnapper?" She asked again. I nearly let out a loud laugh, the sight was really funny.

"No Ma, I'm not a kidnapper. I'm your daughter's friend from the University. I left the country after graduation and i just came back to Nigeria a few days back" i lied through my teeth praying that her daughter was indeed a university graduate.

"Okay" she looked at me skeptically again. I gave her a convincing smile and she dropped the spoon she had picked earlier. "Well Nonye went to work" she replied.

"She works?" I asked.

"Yes she got a job as a waitress at the eatery along the express. She should be on her way coming home by now" she put all the things she had packed in a wheelbarrow.

"Okay thank you Ma" i said. She only nodded at me before leaving. I wondered why a university graduate would be working as a waitress. I decided to go to the eatery to see her but then i remembered her mother saying she should be on her way home. I decided to check on her the next day after work.

2 Likes

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2022
Ujunwa14:

Thanks damsel

Some younger sisters are sent from the pit of hell grin
Embellished:
Typical Igbo mothers.

Well done damsel

Thanks darling
Nanya14:
grin grin Nonye was looking for a job when God was sharing breast to people.

Ride on damsel.

Hahahaha i will tell Nonye for you.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2022
PrudySara:
Wow..
Ann2012, youngbruzzy

Welcome sweetheart

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 9:31am On Feb 28, 2022
Preshbeauty:
grin grin Nonye you were sleeping when God gave people breast.

Damsel thank you.

grin grin you will not leave Nonye alone.
Re: Cross Roads by oyinella(f): 9:32am On Feb 28, 2022
Na wa o, thank God for good health, because which sickness come be this wan again?
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 9:47am On Feb 28, 2022
Oh my God. That means some people are actually doing this to Jamil intentionally. Who are these people now? Abi is it the doctor?

Thanks damsel
Re: Cross Roads by Nanya14: 10:50am On Feb 28, 2022
This Nonye's mother didn't even answer Jamil like an Igbo mother. When Jamil asked if her daughter worked, she could have said "nooo she doesn't work, she plays" grin grin

Who are these evil people talking about my Jamil in that manner?

Thanks damsel
Re: Cross Roads by oyinella(f): 11:07am On Feb 28, 2022
At this point, I'm suspecting his uncle and cousin o, let me go and dream so that God will reveal it to me
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 11:22am On Feb 28, 2022
oyinella:
At this point, I'm suspecting his uncle and cousin o, let me go and dream so that God will reveal it to me

You are correct
The uncle and his daughter are the one planning Jamil death
Damselposh pls don't ley these people succeed in killing Jamil ooo
Sweet popcorn for you

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 11:47am On Feb 28, 2022
damsel damsel
Queen of suspense.
Let me take a guess, I think the uncle and his daughter are the ones planning Jamil's death or a hospital attendant.

Ride on damsel.
One Bobo for you.
Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2022
silverlinen:

You self for dey lock your door na

I dey lock am ooo but she will go and collect spare key from my mother. Ikegwuru.
Re: Cross Roads by Ann2012(f): 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2022
Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2022
Ujunwa14:
damsel damsel
Queen of suspense.
Let me take a guess, I think the uncle and his daughter are the ones planning Jamil's death or a hospital attendant.

Ride on damsel.
*One Bobo* for you.

I will love to be that bobo for damsel
Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2022
Adesina12:

I will love to be that bobo for damsel

I meant Bobo drink ooo
Re: Cross Roads by oyinella(f): 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2022
Adesina12:

You are correct
The uncle and his daughter are the one planning Jamil death
Damselposh pls don't ley these people succeed in killing Jamil ooo
Sweet popcorn for you
Thank you my love, abeg you fit add small juice?
Re: Cross Roads by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2022
They want to kill Jamil because of wealth. Some humans are wicked. Never trust.
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2022
Ujunwa14:

I meant Bobo drink ooo

Yes, make me the bobo drink and dash me to damsel babe grin
I love that babe no be small
Sweet popcorn for una
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2022
oyinella:

Thank you my love, abeg you fit add small juice?
@Oyin, I am coming with plenty juice for everyone
Sweet popcorn with fruit juice for you dear
Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 5:30pm On Feb 28, 2022
Shey you people are seeing? They are planning my Jamil's death. God no go gree.

Well done damsel
Re: Cross Roads by germaphobe(m): 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2022
I think it's the cousin and another cast that is yet to be introduced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Contemplating On Spilling My Lesbobo Friend / MY JOURNEY TO Eko(lagos). Part1 Episode 1 Story By Kelly9ice / The 21st Century Lagos Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.