Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

Cross Roads - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cross Roads (30365 Views)

On The Roads Of Lagos – Lesson From The Young Master. / Cross / CROSS (magic. Sorcery. Myth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 10:07pm On Feb 24, 2022
Embellished:
Small letter d lol

Thanks for the update damsel

Thanks for reading love
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ujunwa14:
Lol this Nonye girl na correct Igbo girl. She no dey use money play.

Thanks damsel.

We no dey use money play at all.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2022
Adesina12:

Chimdiya is very wicked
How come she compared a whole milk factory with boil
And Nonye shape self heee....letter "d" ... that's is a killer shape oooo

Nonye also like better thing in slim tall, and handsome bobo
I can bet it that bobo self they use style toast am for buying everything
I am sure he is coming back for letter "d" shape bebe grin

Sweet popcorn for you babe damsel

Hahahaha small letter d
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 10:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ven97:
Who's this new guy?

I have answered your question about the new guy with my latest update.
Re: Cross Roads by germaphobe(m): 11:19pm On Feb 24, 2022
Don't die yet bro, experience this love first.
Re: Cross Roads by silverlinen(m): 12:55am On Feb 25, 2022
Okay jamil na my guy ooo...geng wey love petite ladies.
Damn i could do anything for a petite lady.. the attraction i feel for them is second to none.
But Jamil, no die leave this petite omalicha oo.
Damsel, make we move.
Re: Cross Roads by Nanya14: 8:31am On Feb 25, 2022
Chai i think Jamil has a terminal disease.

Thanks damsel
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 9:08am On Feb 25, 2022
damselposh:

Lol capital letter P dey too ooo
Thanks for reading

Hmmmm nah
I would love it to be dP or figure 8 otherwise 1 grin
Sweet popcorn for una
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 12:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
Jamil baby. You will not die you hear?
Not now that you found love.

Thanks OP
Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2022
My Jamil please be strong.

Thanks damsel
Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2022
Damsel why do you now want to kill my Jamil?
Take your time oooo
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:26am On Feb 26, 2022
CHAPTER SIX
JAMIL

I woke up very tired the next morning. I stood up weakly from the bed and walked into my closet to pick an outfit for the day. I looked at myself in the mirror and almost cried at my reflection. I had lost a considerable amount of weight, I looked like a sack of bone. I went to my wardrobe and picked a black suit with a matching tie. Aside dressing corporate because of work, I chose suit because it was the only attire that could cover my weightloss. I took the suit to the room and laid it on the bed. I entered the bathroom and picked up my brush, smeared tooth paste on it and put it in my mouth. My hands shook as i brushed and i decided to ignore it. My hands started shaking a few weeks ago, at first i thought it was stress and starvation because i normally skipped meal because of how tight my schedules were but when i started coughing out blood, i decided to visit the hospital. I showered and left the bathroom and went to the room to dress up. When i got down the stairs, Bella was setting the dining as usual. I walked slowly to the dining room and sat down.

"Morning Bro" she greeted dropping a plate of food on the table.

"Morning Bella" I replied. She pushed the plate of food towards me. I uncovered it and scrunched my face. "Beans this early morning. I worry for my stomach" I complained.

"It's not just beans. I added lentils" she replied. I rolled my eyes at her. "Whatever this lentils is i don't know but you and i know how much i hate beans" I hissed.

"Jamil. It's all for your own good. Who knows, if you stick to all these foods recommended to you and take your drugs as you should, you might be fine" she lectured.

"That one is a lie" I scoffed. "Since i started taking those drugs and eating these disgusting foods, I'm still coughing out blood and my hands still shake" I blurted. She stared at me with worry.

"Your hands still shake?" She whispered. I nodded and blinked furiously as tears blinded me. She drew closer to me and caressed my back. "You will be fine, trust me" she muttered standing up.

"Okay" I just shrugged.

"Eat up and make sure you finish it" she said entering the kitchen. After a few minutes she re-entered the dining room holding a water flask in her hand. "Drink this once you are done with your food" she said extending the flask to me. I took it from her and opened it, i closed my eyes disgusted.

"What is this one again?" I growled.

"Oh it's avacado pear and cucumber juice extract. Try it, it's not as bad as it looks" she replied.

"Words of consolation" I scoffed. She chuckled.

"Did you tell Uncle Gerald about last night?" I asked.

"I have not but i will call him later today" she sighed.

"Please don't. Let's not disturb him" i begged.

"Okay. If you don't want me to, i won't then" she smiled.

"Thank you" I muttered.

I got to work a little late than usual because i drove slowly like a snail. My hands started shaking again on my way to work, i would stop at interval to let my shaking hands calm down before continuing my journey to the office. I got down from the car, picked my briefcase but unfortunately, it fell down from my hand. I looked at my shaking hands and put them in my trouser pocket.

"Hey Chike" i called out to one of my employees that was entering the building.

"Yes sir? Good morning sir" he greeted, running to where i stood. When he saw my briefcase on the ground. He picked it and stretched it to me.

"Follow me" i said leaving the briefcase with him and headed towards the building while he followed behind. When we got to the hallway of the last floor which was only for the C.E.O and his personal assistant, Stephanie was already at her desk typing away on her laptop. Immediately she saw me, she stood up and took the briefcase from Chike.

"Good morning sir" Stephanie greeted.

"Morning Steph, hope you slept fine?" I asked her and then turned to Chike. "Thank you for helping me with my briefcase Chike, you can go" I nodded at him.

"Okay sir" he replied before running off. I turned around and Stephanie stood staring at me. I snapped my fingers in her face and she apologized for zoning out on me.

"I'm sorry sir. I was only suprised that you asked if i slept fine which you have never done before and you also thanked Chike for carrying your briefcase" she replied. I sighed and entered my office while she followed behind. I knew she was saying the truth and i couldn't help but feel bad. It wouldn't hurt to be a little nice you know?

"I'm sorry if i made it look like I'm someone you can't talk to" I apologized going to sit down.

"Shoot me dead" Stephanie said pointing her index finger to her head trying to imitate the gunshot sound.

"Well i don't have a gun so i can't shoot you" i chuckled

"Sir you just apologized to me right now" she pointed out.

"So i don't apologise before? Is that what you are saying now?" I asked even though i knew the answer.

"Not really sir" she replied meekly.

"What are my schedules for today Stephanie?" I asked, causing a detour to the conversation..

"Sir you have a full day today" she sighed. "You have about six meetings and two board meetings plus you will be going on field work too" she replied.

"Oh God" I murmured. A busy day meant i would not be seeing my attraction.

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:26am On Feb 26, 2022
germaphobe:
Don't die yet bro, experience this love first.

He should better not die

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:27am On Feb 26, 2022
silverlinen:
Okay jamil na my guy ooo...geng wey love petite ladies.
Damn i could do anything for a petite lady.. the attraction i feel for them is second to none.
But Jamil, no die leave this petite omalicha oo.
Damsel, make we move.

Lol bon a petite
Nanya14:
Chai i think Jamil has a terminal disease.

Thanks damsel

Thanks for reading
Adesina12:

Hmmmm nah
I would love it to be dP or figure 8 otherwise 1 grin
Sweet popcorn for una

Hahahaha
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:28am On Feb 26, 2022
Embellished:
Jamil baby. You will not die you hear?
Not now that you found love.

Thanks OP

Thanks for reading
Re: Cross Roads by ouzo1(m): 7:31am On Feb 26, 2022
*singing dorime*
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2022
Ujunwa14:
My Jamil please be strong.

Thanks damsel

Thanks for reading
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:33am On Feb 26, 2022
Preshbeauty:
Damsel why do you now want to kill my Jamil?
Take your time oooo

I no wan kill am ooo
Re: Cross Roads by Nanya14: 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
This is serious but what is wrong with Jamil?
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2022
Jamil baby nothing dey happen you hear? If damsel Bleep up we go treat am.

damsel it's joke I'm joking ooo
Re: Cross Roads by Ann2012(f): 3:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2022
Embellished:

You better stop the expensive joke before damsel kill your crush grin
Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2022
damsel at least let my Jamil experience love with Nonye before you kill him.

Thank you
Re: Cross Roads by Solly1(m): 1:33am On Feb 27, 2022
You are just in time. Welcome.

Thanks Dear, you're doing "amazingly" well.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 3:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
CHAPTER SEVEN
NONYE

"Mama I'm leaving" I said to my mother who was laying on the bed. It was still very much early in the morning. My sister was still sleeping on the mattress we normally slept on the floor. I checked my outfit again contemplating tucking in my shirt or flying it out. I had finally gotten a job at an eatery within our neighborhood. The pay wasn't much but it would go a long way. Mama's friend had told me about the vacant position in the eatery and i decided to apply.

"Wait Nonye" Mama replied sitting up. I sighed hoping she wasn't about to start her unending prayers.

"Mama i hope you are not about to start your prayers" my younger sister asked yawning. We must have woken her up.

"Mechie gi onu (close your mouth)" Mama shot at her. "Don't you know she needs prayers, it's her first day at work today" she added.

"Sorry Mama, don't be annoyed" Chimdiya replied standing up. She rolled up the mattress she was laying on and went to sit beside Mama on the bed.

"My daughter. Adaomam (my beautiful first daughter) as you are starting this work today, just know that it's not your end point. God is still working something for you. Don't feel bad that even with your degree, you are working as a waitress. There is always a starting point for everyone. Just be focused and never despise your little begining" I kept nodding to the things Mama said. Not like i was assimilating everything she was saying, i just needed her to make her speech brief or i might be late on my first day at work.

"Did you hear all i have said?" I heard her say again.

"Yes Mama, i heard everything you said" i nodded again.

"Ngwa (oya) let's pray" she said, stretching her hand to take a shirt from on top of my echolag box.

"Pray kwa?" I muttered.

"Yes we need to pray, it's your first day at work" she tied the shirt around her head substituting it for a head tie.

"Mama i don't want to be late for work na. I will pray when i get to work" i whined.

"Mbam ekweghim (No i don't agree) let's pray" she said with a shake of the head.

"Okay" i grumbled.

"May the almighty guide and protect you always. You shall live long. You will grow above your equals. Where others went and failed, you will succeed. You will make your family proud" she prayed whilst holding my hand.

"Amen" i chorused.

"Amen ooo" Chimdiya chorused too.

"Go and return safely in Jesus name Amen" Mama said finally. I sighed in relief and picked my bag.

"I will see you when i come back" i waved heading to the door.

"Ehe sister wait" my sister said.

"What is it again?" I asked irritated.

"Adannem ooo. Fine woman. The pride of our family. Our mother's womb opener" I rolled my eyes. I knew my sister very well. Whenever she sang my praise, i always knew she was about to beg me for something.

"Chimdiya ogini?" I asked impatiently.

"Sister can i wear that your black Aphrodite trouser today?" She pouted.

"Nawa oooo. this JAMB you are writing sha. You want to finish all my clothes okwaya? Are you people even doing fashion parade in that your lesson center?" I hissed.

"Do i know for her? Eeeeh? that's how she will be changing cloth everyday" Mama hissed too.

"Sister biko na" she whined.

"Oya wear. Chimdiya wear ooo. Make sure you wash it when you get back. Bye bye" I hurriedly left the house before they could call me back again.

My younger sister was actually more endowed than i was. She had a big ass and big boobs too. Sometimes i used to be jealous. I wondered where i went to when God was sharing breast to people. I let my sister wear my clothes sometimes because i felt i was at that stage in life where i should be able to provide for the family. Since i couldn't afford to buy clothes for her at that moment, i decided to let her wear mine.

When i got to work, fortunately there was still time. I went straight to the manager's office to report my resumption. She was on the phone when i got there so i stood waiting for her. My eyes scanned her office while i waited for her. It wasn't heavily equipped but it was comfortable. I imagined how i would look like in an office as a manager or as an owner of a company. I looked at her again, she should be in her late thirties or so.

"Nonyelum" she called my name after she dropped her phone on the table. I invisibly eyed her because only Mama called me by my full name and it wasn't even everyday. What was even wrong with that woman. Didn't i tell her that i preferred just Nonye.

"Please sit. You should have sat down the moment you entered" she said pointing at an empty chair.

"Courtesy demands i stand until you tell me to sit" I answered wondering if she was using style to test me. I sat down gently.

"I know you told me you prefer being called Nonye than Nonyelum. Do you know why i keep on calling your full name" she asked removing the glasses she wore.

"No Ma" i replied with a shake of the head.

"My daughter's name is Nonyelum or let me use the word "was" she sighed.

"Really? That's good. Nonyelums are always good people. We don't look for trouble and we make sure we carry other people along" i chattered forgetting that i heard her use the word "was". When it suddenly hit me, i shut up instantly and then looked up to stare at her. She was just smiling as she looked at me while i chattered like a chatterbox. "Ma but you used the word "was" why?" I asked.

"Because she is dead" she replied casually like it was an every day occurrence for someone to die Young.

"Ma? Dead?" I asked wondering why she was acting indifferent about it.

"Yes dead. She had cancer. We did all we could but she still died. She was such a loving soul. For a moment while you talked, i felt i was seeing her because those were the exact things she said whenever she saw someone bearing the same name with her." She wiped a tear that lingered at the corner of her eyes and i felt bad for judging her earlier on.

"I'm so sorry Ma. It's so painful to lose someone dear" i said. Then she nodded and wore back her glasses.

"That's the reason i keep on calling your full name" she sniffed.

"You can call me Nonyelum" i blurted. It wouldn't hurt to let someone else other than Mama call me that.

"Okay" she chuckled. "And please call me Mrs Njoku. That Ma of a thing makes me look old" she added.

"Okay Mrs Njoku" i smiled at her.

"So since you have not been given a uniform yet, your work today will just be to learn how we operate here. When you are leaving, i will give you a branded T-shirt which should be worn on a black trouser and black sneakers. You start work fully tomorrow" she explained.

"Okay" i replied.

"Just meet Joshua, he will put you through for today"

"Okay" i replied leaving the office.

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 3:03pm On Feb 27, 2022
ouzo1:
*singing dorime*

Continue singing dorime ooo
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 3:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
Nanya14:
This is serious but what is wrong with Jamil?

It is seriouser than serious.
Lol
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 3:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
Embellished:

You know what I'm capable of doing na. I will just kill Jamil sharp sharp.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 3:05pm On Feb 27, 2022
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma’am

Thanks for reading
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 3:05pm On Feb 27, 2022
Adesina12:

You better stop the expensive joke before damsel kill your crush grin

Do you need to tell her? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / From PHCN, With Love…… / Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.