Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Cross Roads - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cross Roads (28987 Views)

On The Roads Of Lagos – Lesson From The Young Master. / Cross / CROSS (magic. Sorcery. Myth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross Roads by Doctee: 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
Why this This op they disappoint

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2022
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
NONYE

We said goodbye to our neighbors as we finished moving our properties into the moving van Jamil sent to us. I stood waiting for Mama who was having a hugging spree with a few of our neighbors who were around that day. We had said goodbye to them already but Mama didn't want to leave. Chimdiya was already seated in the van listening to music on her phone. I shook my head. She had never liked our environment right from the moment we came to live there. She was the first to even start moving our things to the van as soon as the driver arrived.

"I will miss you all" Mama Chinasa said after getting her own share of the hug from Mama.

"I will miss you all too" Mama replied.

"I'm happy for you" Mama Ginika said. Then she turned to me "Nonye visit us sometimes ooo. Don't forget us when you get to the Main Town" she smiled.

"I will visit Ma" I smiled back. I didn't know if she thought we were leaving Nigeria. We would still be in Umuahia. Just three hours away from them.

"Mama ozugo (It's okay). Let's go. The driver must be tired of waiting by now" I said to Mama. She nodded before we left. As soon as we stepped out from the compound, Chimdiya let out a sigh of relief.

"Finally, they have come out. I was thinking you people didn't want to go again." She rolled her eyes.

"Chimdiya mechie gi onu osiso (shut up your mouth). If you talk too much, we will all move our things inside now and tell the driver to go. I will just say we are not leaving again" Mama hissed.

"Mama no na. It has not gotten to that yet. Mama the Mama. My beautiful Mama. Ezinnem ooo( My good mother). See her fine face na" Chimdiya hailed. I would have slapped her if she made Mama change her mind because i knew how much i begged her before she agreed.

"Ishi aki ( coconut head) ngwa (oya) shift" Mama hissed pushing Chimdiya slightly. I climbed in and sat beside Chimdiya while Mama joined us sitting beside the door. Mama said a short prayer and the driver drove off. I sighed. I was leaving that place for good. I didn't exactly like living there but i had no choice. As soon as we drove past the eatery, I felt sad all of a sudden. I was actually beginning to bond with my colleagues and i could even remember their faces when i told them we were leaving. Mrs Njoku was sad but she had to let me go. She gave me my complete salary though that i even felt guilty because i didn't work up to a month.

"Sister" my sister called giving me a gentle nudge. I turned to stare at her. "Do you know the type of apartment he got for us? Do you know if we will be having separate rooms?" She asked removing the ear piece that was plunge in her ear.

"Chimdiya i don't know. I don't even know where it is. He just said we should follow the driver" I replied.

"Okay" she said then spoke up almost immediately "but do you know if the house is fine?" She said. I wanted to tell her to leave me alone when Mama helped me out.

"Chimdiya stop disturbing your sister. She has not been there before. Onye ajuju (questionnaire)" I chuckled slightly. Chimdiya just frowned and plunge back the ear piece to her ear. We finally got to the town and i let out a breath. The driver drove into a street. It wasn't untarred like our former street and the houses were all fenced. I wondered which one was our house when the van came to a stop in front of a fenced house. The placard that was nailed on the pillar beside the gate had "No 5 Vine Street" written on it. The driver got down and went towards the gate. He fished out a bunch of keys from his pocket and unlocked the gate. He pushed the gate open and walked back to the van. I kept calm and watched as he drove into the compound. I held my breath at the sight that greeted us.

"Is this our house now?" Chimdiya asked looking up from her phone. Nobody answered her. We all got down from the van and got ready to offload our things.

"No. Oga said you people should not do anything. Some guys are coming to offload them." The driver said. I turned to stare at Mama who had tears in her eyes. We walked away from the van and i decided to take a good look at the house. It was a bungalow painted red. From half of the wall down was tiled while the up was painted. The compound was big and interlocked. I entered the house and Mama and Chimdiya followed behind. The inside was painted red too and the most surprising thing was that the house had been furnished fully. The sitting room had beautiful sofas and a glass center table. A 56 inches plasma television was on top of the TV stand. There was a DVD player and a DStv decoder too. Home theatre stood across from each other with the TV stand between them. There was a dining room too.

"Let me go and check how many rooms that are here" Chimdiya said. I rolled my eyes at her. After a few minutes she rushed to the sitting room. "There are three bedrooms and a store and guess what, everywhere has been furnished. We didn't even need to move in with any of our properties, just our clothes" she let out a squeak.

"There is a store?" I asked. "That means we will move our properties to the store room" I nodded. We heard a noise outside and finally found out that the movers had arrived. We let them do their thing with Mama dishing out instructions. I went outside to call the gentleman that came into my life and turned it around. He picked at the fourth ring and when i heard that baritone voice, I felt my knees go weak.

"Boss man" I said when i found my voice.

"Boss woman. How are you doing?" He chuckled.

"I'm fine. You didn't tell me you were getting a bungalow" I said playing with my cornrow weave.

"I didn't even tell you the type of house i was getting" he chuckled again then continued "how was your journey and how is everyone? Does your mother like the house?" He said all at once.

"Did you say like? We all love the house jare" I replied.

"Okay" I heard him say.

"This house must have cost you a lot. How much is the rent? Let me start saving up for the next rent after the one you paid expires" I sighed.

"It's not on rental, I bought it" he said.

"You bought a house for me and my family?" I didn't even know what i did that made God bring him into my life.

"Yes, I can't rent a house for you. I want you all to be comfortable" he spoke up. His voice like a healing balm to my soul.

"Thank you. God will continue to bless you." I muttered.

"It's nothing" he sighed.

"It's not nothing. It's a very huge something. You don't even know what you did for us" my eyes got wet with tears.

"Thank you for thanking me and yes, i will be bringing the documents of the house when i visit. I need to hand it over to the owners" he said.

"Owners? I don't understand. Did you buy the house in our name?" I asked.

"Yes, I bought it in your name. I didn't want to use my name, I have many properties already" he explained.

"Jesus Christ" I half screamed. It was too much for me to handle. The tears came pouring. "thank you, thank you. I owe you. I will do anything you want me to do" I cried.

"You don't owe me anything baby girl" my heart flustered. He called me baby girl. "I have to go now. Greet everybody for me and enjoy your new house" he continued talking without knowing what he was doing to me.

"Are you coming to the house later?" I asked. Hoping he would say yes. I wanted to see him. I felt that urge to be with him and listen to him while he mesmerize me with words.

"No dear. I have plenty work to do today but i promise to drop by tomorrow" I felt my heart clench. I couldn't even wait for a day, i wanted to see him.

"Okay. Take care of yourself" I told him and ended the call. I walked back to the house with only one thing in my mind. I had fallen for that Edo Man. I smiled at the realization of that.

3 Likes

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
Embellished:
Damsel. I knew you would never abandon us. grin grin

I don't trust this Jamil's uncle. Why is he talking about Will?

Thanks OP

There has not been light for some days now. You know i can't abandon you people.

Thank you for reading
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
Ven97:
I don't trust his Uncle and secretary. Bella might be innocent tho.

Who knows?
Let's watch and see.

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
oyinella:
Nigerian uncles in nollywood are usually not nice , i'm suspecting this uncle's niceness o, in short I'm suspecting everybody, damselposh, mama suspence, goodevening ma

grin grin grin grin chai no be small thing.

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Holywizard:
The person killing him is working with the doctor in the hospital

Let's see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
YoungBruzzy:

grin Please give us updates biko

I don drop update

2 Likes

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
Nanya14:
Now I am confused. I don't think it's his uncle anymore.

Damsel Damsel.

Even your confusion is confused. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
Ujunwa14:
His uncle's niceness is confusing me sef. Infact I'm suspecting everybody.

Ride on damsel.

Including me? grin

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
Adesina12:

Damsel is number one suspect
She is the one planning Jamil death
We go see am for here
Waiting for update ooo babe damsel

grin grin grin you know i can't kill our Jamil.

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2022
Doctee:
Why this This op they disappoint

There has not been light for some days now Sir.
Re: Cross Roads by Holywizard: 6:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
damselposh:

Let's see how it goes.
u kept us waiting
Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 6:01pm On Mar 09, 2022
Aaaaw i need a Jamil in my life right now. cool cool

Thanks damsel

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by Ann2012(f): 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2022
Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: Cross Roads by MrCuteking(m): 6:33pm On Mar 09, 2022
Preshbeauty:

Thanks damsel

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2022
Nonye can’t wait
Me too can’t wait for the next update to read about the love birds
Thank you damsel sweetheart
I’m loving this �
Sweet popcorn for you dear

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by MrCuteking(m): 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2022
damselposh:
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
NONYE

"This house must have cost you a lot. How much is the rent? Let me start saving up for the next rent after the one you paid expires" I sighed.

"Yes. I bought it in your name. I didn't want to use my name, I have many properties already" he explained.

"Jesus Christ" I half screamed. It was too much for me to handle. The tears came pouring. "thank you, thank you. I owe you. I will do anything you want me to do" I cried.

"Are you coming to the house later?" I asked. Hoping he would say yes. I wanted to see him. I felt that urge to be with him and listen to him while he mesmerize me with words.

Who says money can’t buy love?
Re: Cross Roads by Nanya14: 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2022
See the kind man wey i dey find na.
Let my own Jamil (the one that will not die) locate me ooo.

Thanks damsel

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by Doctee: 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
damselposh:

There has not been light for some days now Sir.
abeg go dey charge ya phone for church or mosque and thank you for the update

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 10:43am On Mar 10, 2022
Chai. See the kind man wey i dey find.

Who will be my Jamil? grin

Damsel thank you.
Re: Cross Roads by Doctee: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
Embellished:

Damsel thank you.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
Doctee:
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Few of still around but ladies with Eagle eyes have associated grin
I pray you find yours
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
JAMIL

I walked into my closet after i had finished bathing. I stood in front of my wardrobe considering which suit to wear when i saw the pile of clothes i ordered the other day. I changed my mind and picked a blue jean trouser, a white Versace shirt and closed the wardrobe. I laid the clothes on the bed and went to my shoe rack. I looked at the section for sneakers and took a black Puma shoe. I looked at myself in the mirror after i was done dressing up, contemplating if i should tuck my shirt in or let it be but when i remembered that it would look corporate if i tucked in, I decided to let it be. I stuffed a piece of handkerchief in the breast pocket of my shirt, took my briefcase and left. I met Bella at the dinning when i went downstairs. She had already finished setting up breakfast.

"Morning Bro" she smiled

"Morning Bella. Hope you had an amazing night?" I asked sitting down.

"Yes i did" she answered with a nod then raised a brow at my outfit "what's with the outfit?" She asked.

"I wanted to wear something different today" I opened the plate of food that was in front of me. There was white rice and vegetable sauce in the plate. I picked up the spoon beside the plate and started eating.

"Okay. Are you still angry at me?" She asked. She thought i was angry that she told uncle Gerald that i had not been eating her food.

"I was never angry with you" I said chewing the food in my mouth.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes" I replied curtly. I pushed the plate slightly away from me "I'm going to work now Bella. Have a nice day" I stood up, carried my briefcase and left.

When i got to work. Everybody looked at me like i had grown two horns. They all stared at my outfit. I smiled at them as i made my way to my office. Stephanie was at her desk when i got to the last floor. Her eyes bulged as she took in my attire.

"Good morning sir" she greeted standing up.

"Morning Steph. Hope you had a wonderful night?" I let her carry my briefcase and walked into my office with her following behind.

"Yes sir i did" she replied dropping the briefcase on the table. I sat down and watched her facial expressions.

"Stephanie what do you want to say?" I asked when i couldn't take it anymore.

"Sir your outfit. Did you run out of suits?" She asked. I let out a soft chuckle.

"I felt like wearing this today" i answered.

"It's fine. I mean you look handsome" she said then clamped her mouth shut.

"It's fine Steph, you should be free around me. I don't bite" I said with a smile.

"Okay sir. I think you should be dressing like this more often, It really suits you" she said smiling.

"Thank you. Can i know my schedules for today?" I asked eagerly. I had plans of meeting my attraction later in the evening and i didn't want to close late from work. I smiled at the thought of her expression when she would see my outfit.

"Just a few things. Mr Bassey requested for a tipper of sharp sand and he will be coming today by 1pm. The company representatives from Cura care world will be visiting by 3pm and lastly, Mrs Ebhoaye will be coming for her gravel by 5pm" she read out. I nodded at her.

"Okay thank you" I said before she left. I opened my laptop and began to work for the day. My phone started ringing, I looked at the screen, it was an unsaved number. I picked it and waited for the person to speak first.

"Hello" the person said in a hushed tone.

"Hello" I replied trying to make out who owned the voice.

"Am I speaking with Mr Jamil Bello?" He asked still in hushed tone.

"Yes and you are?" I asked.

"Sir my name is Gabriel and I'm a lab attendant at Leading step Hospital" I got interested in the conversation when he mentioned our family hospital.

"Okay?" I said urging him on.

"Sir i just discovered something about your test results. Do you have time today? We need to see" he said hurriedly.

"I will be there tomorrow. I'm busy today" I said.

"Sir please don't tell anyone that i called. When you get to the hospital just call me on phone" he said.

"Okay i have heard" he ended the call. I wondered what happened and concluded to visit the hospital the next day.

The gate flew open immediately i honked as if the person was waiting for me at the gate. I drove in and parked my car. When i got down, My attraction was locking the gate. I opened the back door of my car and brought out a wine and some documents. When i closed the door, she was already standing beside me. My eyes roamed her body. She was wearing a bum short and singlet. I looked at her face, she was staring at me. I cleared my throat and looked away Wondering if she caught me staring.

"Wow. I like your outfit" she giggled.

"You do?" I asked sheepishly.

"You see how handsome you are looking? It's not everyday suit" she hissed. I only shrugged.

"I brought wine" I said raising the bottle up for her to see.

"Yeah let's go. Mama made Ofe Akwu and she has been dying to meet you" she said walking towards the house.

"What is Ofe Akwu?" I asked behind her.

"Banga soup" she answered. The first and the only time i ate Banga soup was when i had followed one of my employees to his introduction ceremony. The bride's family had served us Banga soup that day and i enjoyed every bit of it. Another chance to eat it had surfaced. We entered the house and she took the wine from me. I sat down on one of the sofas while she disappeared into one of the rooms. Probably to make my arrival known to everyone in the house. Shortly after, her mother entered the living room with a younger version of my attraction trailing behind but my Attraction wasn't with them.

"Good evening Ma" I greeted standing up. I wasn't really conversant with Igbos and their greetings but i knew i couldn't sit while greeting an elder.

"Good evening my son, please sit" she said. I nodded and sat down.

"He is handsome" the young lady sitting beside her whispered but i heard her clearly.

"Keep quiet" the woman eyed her. My attraction joined us in the living room and i let out a sigh of relief.

"Mama meet Jamil, the man i told you about. Jamil meet my mother and my younger sister Chimdiya" she explained.

"Nno Nwam" her mother said. I looked on in confusion.

"Mama he is not Igbo. He is from Edo State" she chuckled.

"Oh my dear" she said. "Nonye oya set the table for dinner" she directed to her daughter. My attraction left for the kitchen immediately. Her younger sister went outside and came in after a few minutes.

"Uncle Jamil" she called. I turned to look at her. "Is that 2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan?" She asked. It took me a minute to understand that she was talking about my car.

"Oh yes" I replied with a smile surprised that such a young girl knew about cars.

"That means you are rich. That car costs 117 million naira" she whistled.

"You know a lot about cars?" I asked. She nodded.

"Chimdiya don't disturb that young man ooo. Let him be" her mother reprimanded her.

"No Ma I'm not complaining" I said politely then patted the space beside me on the sofa. She understood the gesture and sat beside me. "Tell me more about cars" I said.

"I know a lot. I love cars actually" she was about to continue when her mom called us to the dining. "We will continue this conversation later" I smiled at her before we went to the dining. Their mother said a short prayer and then we started eating. The dining was filled with sounds of spoons clinking against the plates.

"What plans do you have for my daughter?" The woman suddenly asked. I almost choked on my food.

"Ma?" I swallowed the food in my mouth hurriedly.

"No man will do this kind of thing for a woman without having any plan" she said casually while she ate.

"Your daughter is a very good friend of mine and i like her. I made her a promise to help her in any way i can" I explained calmly.

"Just a friend?" She asked. I squirmed on my seat. I really loved her daughter and wouldn't hesitate to tell her but i wouldn't love to tell her how i felt for her and then die while leaving her behind.

"Mama let's eat first" My attraction replied in my stead. I let out the breath i was holding.

"Okay" she shrugged. Everywhere went silent again.

After we were done eating, we all retired to the living room except the younger daughter who went to wash the dishes. I waited for her to join us in the living room before i brought out the documents. "Ma these are the documents of the house" I extended it to her.

"Thank you my son. God will bless you continuously" she said.

"Amen" i replied. "Ma i also want you to think of a business you would like to start. Once you arrive at a conclusion let me know" I told her.

"Mba my son. Let me take care of that one. You have done enough for us already" she declined.

"I insist Ma. Think of a business you want to start" I said.

"Thank you. Your money will never finish. You will continue to grow from greater heights to greater heights" she prayed.

"Amen" I replied with a smile.

"Let's go outside for some fresh air" my attraction said poking my arm. I stood up and followed her like a zombie. It had gotten dark outside. She Went to the switch and turned on the security light before joining me. We walked towards two plastic chairs close to where i parked my car.

"Thank you again" she muttered as soon as we sat.

"Thank you for thanking me" I chuckled.

"Is your house far from here?" She asked.

"No. Just twenty minutes away" i replied.

"Okay. That means i won't have to worry about you getting home late anymore" she smiled.

"I can spend a night in your room anyday it gets late" I winked at her

"Yes of course you can. I will leave the room for you and sleep in Chimdiya's room" she shrugged.

"You are not going to sleep with me in the same room?" I asked feigning hurt.

"My mother will just shoot you with her gun" she said and we bursted into laugh. I felt the urge to cough and reached for the handkerchief tucked in the breast pocket of my shirt. I covered my mouth and coughed heavily into it. I wondered what happened. Why the cough came back. I thought it was gone? I thought i had healed? She rubbed my back while i coughed. I stopped coughing and hurriedly stuffed the handkerchief back in my pocket. I didn't look at it because i was scared that there would be a blood stain and i didn't want my attraction seeing it.

"Are you sure you are okay?" She asked.

"Yes I'm fine. It was just a cough" I smiled.

"Are you sure because there is a blood stain on your shirt" she said. My heart sank in fear. I looked down at my shirt and just above the pocket, there was a blood stain. Tears gathered in my eyes. I suddenly felt like leaving. "Talk to me Jamil" she said. I sighed and looked away from her.

"I have" I sniffed "I have cancer. Stage three and i just have two months to live" I whimpered.

"Jesus Christ of Nazareth" she screamed "tell me you are joking" she whispered.

"I'm serious" I sniffed. "That's the reason i have been spending money on so many things. I have so much that i want to spend. I had accepted to die. I had even started making preparations for my will to be written but ever since i met you, i don't even want to die anymore. I want to be with you. I want to make you mine" I wiped my nose with the back of my palm.

"You will not die. God will not permit it. A good man can not just die like that" I looked at her, she was already tearing up.

"I have fallen for you" I blurted out. I needed her to know how i felt at least. "I fell for you right from the first day i saw you. You have a way of calming my nerves. I just want to spend my last days with you" I let out a loud wail.

"Come here" she said placing my head on her shoulder "you are not dying anytime soon. I feel the same way about you too. I have equally fallen for you. God wouldn't be that wicked to take you away from me" she caressed my arm. I cried uncontrollably when she said she had fallen for me too. God i didn't want to die and leave her.

4 Likes

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Preshbeauty:

Thanks damsel

Let Nonye catch you first grin
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma’am

Thanks for reading
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
Adesina12:
Nonye can’t wait
Me too can’t wait for the next update to read about the love birds
Thank you damsel sweetheart
I’m loving this �

grin grin grin let's start our own love story.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
MrCuteking:

Who says money can’t buy love?

Money can't buy love
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:43pm On Mar 10, 2022
Nanya14:
See the kind man wey i dey find na.
Let my own Jamil (the one that will not die) locate me ooo.

Thanks damsel

cheesy grin grin shild of the world
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
Doctee:
abeg go dey charge ya phone for church or mosque and thank you for the update

Thanks for reading
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Embellished:

Damsel thank you.

Should i give you Jamil's number?
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2022
Adesina12:

Few of still around but ladies with Eagle eyes have associated grin
I pray you find yours

She doesn't know babe. cheesy cheesy
Re: Cross Roads by Nanya14: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2022
Jamil has cancer embarassed embarassed Kai.

I feel like crying right now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Love In The Dark // A dark eroti-c story (Final episode) / Temptation / Contemplating On Spilling My Lesbobo Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.