Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,340 members, 7,815,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Cross Roads - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cross Roads (28989 Views)

On The Roads Of Lagos – Lesson From The Young Master. / Cross / CROSS (magic. Sorcery. Myth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross Roads by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:34am On Mar 01, 2022
PrudySara:
Wow..
It's really been a long time
I missed my fellow literature peeps
Ann2012, youngbruzzy
Thanks for the mention damselposh

Aww my nairaland girlfriend is finally back wink thanks baby for the mention wink but where have you been since all these days?? I miss you so very much cry

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by ouzo1(m): 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
damselposh:

Continue singing dorime ooo

I love you too
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
CHAPTER NINE
NONYE

It had been a week since i started working at the eatery. The work wasn't even as hard as i had initially envisaged. Some days i worked behind the counter while other days i served food to people. I checked the time, it was 8pm and we were already closed. The few customers remaining would leave once they were through and we wouldn't let in any other customer. I packed the plates on a table that a couple sat on earlier on and took them to the kitchen. When i came out, someone was seated at a table close to the door. I sighed, i counted the remaining people before i left for the kitchen and they were just three. I walked to the young man to let him know that we were closed. He had his back turned to me but i could still deduce that he was a rich man.

"Excuse me sir, good evening" I spoke immediately i got to him. He shot his head up the moment he heard my voice and my heart flustered, it was Mr Handsome.

"Good evening" he replied peering into my eyes.

"I'm sorry sir but we have closed for today, come back tomorrow" I was supposed to say that to him but the way he peered right into my eyes, i felt my heart do flip-up and instead i said "what would you like to have sir?" I stared at the door concluding to place the "CLOSED" sign on it.

"I don't want anything. I want you" he muttered. I felt excitement wash through my body. He just said he wanted me.

"I'm sorry sir i don't understand" I feigned seriousness.

"I want us to talk about something very important. When do you close From work?" He asked looking around.

"Now. We were already closed before you even came" I heard shuffling of seats and i looked at the right side of the eatery, the customers there were already leaving, I thanked God inwardly.

"That means you will soon head home?" He asked.

"Yes" I shrugged.

"I will wait for you then. I want us to talk" he said. "And why are you the only one here?" He asked looking around for the second time since we started talking.

"We share duties here. Some nights i get to help out in the kitchen while another person does what I'm doing now and vice versa. I'm not even alone because there is someone at the counter" I said all at once. He looked at the counter and looked back at me.

"I don't see anyone at the counter" he said. I turned my head towards the counter and found it empty. Where was Amaka? I wondered.

"Nonye have you locked the door? It's like you want to work till 12am" Rachael said coming out from the kitchen. She stopped immediately she saw Mr Handsome. "Oh we have one more customer? Alright just lock the door when he leaves" she said. I nodded my head at her retreating figure.

"Let me quickly pack up" i said to Mr Handsome who shrugged. I packed the remaining plates and put the sign outside the door. I went to the changing room to change into the cloth i wore to work in the morning. I walked into the kitchen afterwards and the girls were eating. Mrs Njoku said we could have the remaining food once we closed for the day. I wouldn't be eating mine there as usual so I packed it in a take home plate.

"I'm going girls. Someone should come help me lock the door" i said to no one in particular.

"Ehe Nonye who was that hunk of a man i saw you talking to earlier?" Rachael asked with food in her mouth.

"He is a customer na" I replied casually.

"Hmmm are you sure he is a customer?" She asked laying emphasis on customer.

"Noooo he is my husband" I hissed. "I'm leaving. Someone should better follow me to lock the door" i added leaving the kitchen. When i came out, i didn't see Mr Handsome. I became sad all of a sudden and concluded that he got tired of waiting and decided to leave. I stepped out of the building and i heard the click sound behind me indicating that someone just locked the door.

"You are done" I heard that familiar voice again that night. I turned to the right side of the building and saw Mr Handsome in his glory. He stood beside his car, his hands folded against his chest. Just like the other day i saw him, he was on suit. I walked towards him and stopped when i stood few centimeters away from him.

"I thought you left" I said.

" I couldn't possibly leave. I told you i wanted us to talk" he replied.

"Okay I'm all ears" I said dropping my bag on the bonnet of his car.

"We can't possibly talk while standing here and it's late already" he sighed.

"So what are you saying? You will come back next time?" I asked.

"What? No. Come let me drop you off and we will talk on our way" he replied opening the passenger side of the car for me. I looked at him. What if he was a kidnapper? I didn't even know him.

"I don't know who you are why should i let you drop me off?" I asked folding my hands on my chest.

"Stubborn huh? You can trust me. Do i even look like a kidnapper?" he asked.

"Aaaah them no dey write am for face ooo" I replied. He chuckled softly.

"I'm not a bad person. I just want us to talk" he muttered gently. I eyed him up and down before I sighed.

"Okay" I muttered grabbing my bag from the bonnet and entered the car. I wasn't really good with cars but i knew that particular car would cost a fortune.

"How did you end up as a waitress? You are a graduate aren't you?" He asked sparing me a glance before focusing on the road.

"There are no jobs in Nigeria and this one came in handy because i really need the money" I shrugged.

"How much do they pay you?" He asked taking a turn to the left. Was he trying to know how much my pay was?

"Thirty Thousand Naira" I replied nonetheless.

"Thirty what?" He screeched. "A whole graduate, Thirty Thousand Naira? What can that amount even do for you?" He scoffed.

"There are some graduates i know that earn Fifteen Thousand Naira" i chuckled.

"What a country" he muttered in disgust. "What did you study in school?" He asked.

"Economics" I answered dryly.

"What if i give you a job?" He asked again.

"Really? Where?" I asked excitedly.

"My company is actually in town" he took another turn and entered the street i lived in.

"It's far. I won't meet up" I shook my head sadly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
oyinella:
Na wa o, thank God for good health, because which sickness come be this wan again?

My sister. No be small thing
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
Embellished:
Oh my God. That means some people are actually doing this to Jamil intentionally. Who are these people now? Abi is it the doctor?

Thanks damsel

Lol we will find out. Thanks for reading.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
Nanya14:
This Nonye's mother didn't even answer Jamil like an Igbo mother. When Jamil asked if her daughter worked, she could have said "nooo she doesn't work, she plays" grin grin

Who are these evil people talking about my Jamil in that manner?

Thanks damsel

Hahahaha She plays grin grin
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
oyinella:
At this point, I'm suspecting his uncle and cousin o, let me go and dream so that God will reveal it to me

grin grin the same way God revealed Tim Godfrey's song to you. Let me run away.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
Adesina12:

You are correct
The uncle and his daughter are the one planning Jamil death
Damselposh pls don't ley these people succeed in killing Jamil ooo
Sweet popcorn for you

I won't let them succeed.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
Ujunwa14:
damsel damsel
Queen of suspense.
Let me take a guess, I think the uncle and his daughter are the ones planning Jamil's death or a hospital attendant.

Ride on damsel.
One Bobo for you.

Can you make it one Hollandia yogurt please? grin grin
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2022
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma’am

Thank you for reading
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2022
FlowerGirl040:
They want to kill Jamil because of wealth. Some humans are wicked. Never trust.

Human beings can't be trusted at all.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2022
Preshbeauty:
Shey you people are seeing? They are planning my Jamil's death. God no go gree.

Well done damsel

God no go gree at all
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
germaphobe:
I think it's the cousin and another cast that is yet to be introduced.

Let's find out
Re: Cross Roads by Abdulreheem(m): 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
interesting
Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
"Them no dey write am for face" grin grin

Thanks damsel
Re: Cross Roads by oyinella(f): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2022
Adesina12:

@Oyin, I am coming with plenty juice for everyone
Sweet popcorn with fruit juice for you dear
God bless you my brother, update don show o
Re: Cross Roads by oyinella(f): 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2022
damselposh:

grin grin the same way God revealed Tim Godfrey's song to you. Let me run away.
Stay there na, a prophetess is not recognised on nairaland
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
This Jamil does not even know that to get job in this country hard.

Well done op
Re: Cross Roads by Nanya14: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
Can love story just start from here damsel?
Let Jamil experience love before he dies.

Thank you for the update.
Re: Cross Roads by Ven97: 6:56am On Mar 02, 2022
Uncle has fallen in love
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2022
CHAPTER TEN
JAMIL

I watched her face fell the moment i told her where my company was located and i wished i could wipe it off.

"What did you say you want us to talk about?" She spoke up.

"Uuuum" I cleared my throat. I didn't think it was going to be that difficult. "I want you to be my friend. I'm a lonely soul, I don't have friends and i want you to be my friend" I replied.

"You want me to be your friend?" She asked raising her brows up.

"Yes i want you to be my friend. I'm not a bad person, I'm just lonely and bored. I need someone to talk to" I sighed.

"I will be dropping here" she said. I stopped the car and looked around. We were across from her house. The compound I saw her enter the first day i saw her. "Why me? I mean you don't even know me" she asked.

"I don't even know. I just want to get to know you better and i have this very urge to be your friend" I sighed. She looked at me before she spoke up again.

"We can be friends. I equally don't have friends so it wouldn't be bad to have one now" she shrugged.

"Thank you" I told her. I killed the engine when she didn't make a move to leave the car.

"It's nothing. So what do friends even do?" She asked.

"I just want someone to make me happy. Someone that can make me forget my sorrows" I licked my dry lips. I actually wanted her to be my girlfriend even my wife but i thought we should be friends first.

"You have sorrows?" She chuckled.

"Yes we all have our own sorrows" I muttered.

"A rich guy like you having sorrows? I won't even have any problem if I'm half as Rich as you are" she pointed out. I chuckled. If only she knew.

"You don't even know" I murmured.

"What is your name?" She asked turning her head fully to stare at me.

"Jamil" I replied and waited to hear that question everybody asked whenever they heard my name.

"You are Hausa?" She asked.

"Nop. I'm from Edo State" i answered with a smile.

"You are a Muslim then?" She asked again. I chuckled and told her the same thing i told people.

"I'm a Christian" she looked puzzled.

"Where then did your name come from?" She asked curiously.

"I was born in a Muslim home but along the line, my parents converted to Christianity. The name got stucked. I couldn't change it" I answered.

"Oh okay. Well my name is Nonye" she said with a smile.

"I know your name" i said with a wave of the hand.

"You know my name kwa?" She looked shock.

"I heard your Mom call your name the day i was at her shade" I nodded.

"Okay ooo. I gotta go now Jamil" she checked her wrist watch. "Father Lord it's already 10pm" I chuckled.

"Let me have your number please" i gave her my phone to type in her number. She did and returned my phone to me. I dailed her number and asked her to save my contact.

"So you will go back home this night? Is it not late? Oh yeah i forgot you are an Edolite. I heard you guys fly in the night so i won't really be bothered about your safety" she said keeping a straight face. I looked at her closely before i bursted into laugh.

"Are you really serious?" I asked amidst laugh.

"Naaaaah i was only joking" she replied smiling. To be honest i didn't even feel like going. I wanted to stay with her forever and ever.

"Goodnight Jamil. Please call me when you get home, I'm worried" she said opening the car door.

"Goodnight dear. I will call you once I'm home" i replied with a nod of the head. She stepped down from the car. I watched her cross to the other side of the street and then she entered her house. I sighed when i remembered it would take me another three hours to get to my house. I didn't even care, i achieved something at least.

She let out a sigh for the umptieth time as she checked her wrist watch. She occasionally glanced at the door as if expecting someone. The door finally opened and she let out a sigh again.

"Hey dear, why are you looking worried" he asked her as soon he entered the living room.

"I shouldn't be out this late. It's already 10pm" she said worriedly.

"And so? Is it not my house you came to?" He hissed going to sit down across from where she sat.

"Where is the stuff you said you want to give to me?" She asked stretching her hand towards him.

"Oh yeah. I went to get some more drugs" he replied nodding his head.

"But i didn't tell you that i have ran out of drugs. I still have some remaining" she complained.

"I don't think you are giving him enough dosage. For the doctor to say he has more months to live, I don't think you are doing your job well. Wait a minute, i hope you are not falling for him? Or are you pitying him? Don't forget what you are sent to do or should i get someone else for the job?" He eyed her.

"With all due respect sir. I can't fall for someone that will soon die, I'm not a fool. Even if i give him all the drugs at once, he will still stay till the month the doctor said he will die" she hissed.

"Whatever. Just take this drugs and make sure you do your job" he threw a nylon bag to her which she caught mid air. She stood and walked to the door.

"Where are you going to?" He asked her.

"Home. To get to work" she muttered dryly before leaving.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2022
Abdulreheem:
interesting

Thanks dear
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2022
Ujunwa14:
"Them no dey write am for face" grin grin

Thanks damsel

But na true na
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2022
oyinella:

Stay there na, a prophetess is not recognised on nairaland

Hahahaha okay ooo. Make we dey look.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 11:19am On Mar 02, 2022
Embellished:
This Jamil does not even know that to get job in this country hard.

Well done op

He doesn't know ooo my sister.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 11:19am On Mar 02, 2022
Nanya14:
Can love story just start from here damsel?
Let Jamil experience love before he dies.

Thank you for the update.

Lol love story no dey just start like that. grin grin
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2022
Ven97:
Uncle has fallen in love

grin grin Abi na
Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 11:23am On Mar 02, 2022
Wait.

"Don't tell me you are falling for him?" And "with all due respect sir". I don't think it's his cousin.

But who else?

Well done damsel.
Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 12:53pm On Mar 02, 2022
Jamil is doing love while some people are planning his death.

I don't think it's his cousin.

Well done damsel
Re: Cross Roads by Nanya14: 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
Aaaah is it not his cousin? Damsel please come and unconfuse me ooo.

Well done
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 8:23pm On Mar 02, 2022
dansel babeee
Jamil must not die if you don't want me to divorce you grin
sweet popcorn for you sweetie
chop kisses tongue
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 4:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
CHAPTER ELEVEN
NONYE

It was a Saturday. I didn't go to work because i was off duty. Memories of what happened the previous night flooded my head. I remembered seeing sadness tucked away at the corner of Jamil's eyes (I had decided to stop calling him Mr Handsome after he told me his name) when he told me that he was lonely. I wondered how someone could be rich and still be sad. I looked at the wall clock, it was 11am. I picked my phone and dailed his number. He said he was lonely and bored, it wouldn't be a bad idea if i took him somewhere to lighten his mood. He picked on the third ring and i heard a groggy voice from his end.

"You are still sleeping by this time? Oshey chairman" I hailed him.

"Good morning to you too" he said. The grogginess still present in his voice.

"Sorry. Good morning. Why are you still sleeping by this time? It's almost noon" I said imagining myself sleeping till that time, Mama would just nag and tell me how she didn't kill her mother which meant i would not also kill her.

"I don't remember having an appointment with anyone today. Please leave me let me sleep" he yawned. I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

"Well, you have an appointment with me today" I replied with a smile.

"When did we plan that?" He asked. The grogginess was gradually fading away.

"We are planning it now. Let's go somewhere. It will be my treat, bills on me" the words slipped off my mouth before i could stop myself.

"By what time?" He asked this time around with a clear voice.

"Uuuum just pick me up by 5pm" I drawled looking at the wall clock.

"Very well then. See you soon" he replied. I ended the call and closed my eyes lost in thought. I wondered how i would take a millionaire out. I didn't even have that kind of money to spend at the moment. I concluded to take him where my finance could cover. I heard a loud shout outside. People were celebrating and rejoicing. My sister as if she knew i was curious came into the room all smiles.

"Thank God you are here. I was about going out to know what the shout is all about" I said to her.

"Sister you won't even believe it. Brother Ikem is back" she said excitedly.

"Which Ikem?" I asked.

"Brother Ikem na, Ginika's brother" she explained.

"Are you serious?" I asked raising my brows in shock. Ikem used to be our neighbor before he traveled to Ghana two years ago. He contacted his parents for the first few months but later went MIA. They were a little rich in the sense that they were the only family that lived in a two bedroom apartment in the whole compound. The rest were one bedroom flats and self contained apartments. We even thought he died after he stopped communicating with his parents. His mother cried every day for a whole year that i even feared she was going to die.

"Yes ooo sister. You need to see the car he came back with. Chai come and see Benz na" I rolled my eyes at her. Unlike me, my sister actually knew a lot about cars. She could even tell which car it was just from it's sound.

"But what happened to him all those years?" I asked.

"He said he was accused and imprisoned for some months before his innocence was proven. He didn't want to come home broke so he decided to hustle till he made money" she explained. I was about to say something again when she interrupted me. "Sister he asked of you ooo and the way he dimmed his eyes when he mentioned your name i think" she cleared her throat before letting out a laugh.

"Onye Ara (Mad person)" I hissed at her. I actually was crushing on Ikem before he traveled but the goat sister zoned me. He served me breakfast of heartbreak even without us dating. I thanked God inwardly that i no longer felt a thing for him.

"Sister won't you go and greet him?" My sister spoke up again.

"Chimdiya hapum aka ooo (leave me alone)" I eyed her and then cleared my throat before pointing at a medium sized travel bag. "Bring that bag, there are some clothes i want to give to you" I said. She stood up immediately dashing towards the bag. I shook my head. My sister really loved cloth, like she was obsessed with dressing good.

"Chai sister thank you ooo. My fine Adanne. The man that will marry you eeen, his money will be long. As in e go long well well. Even your wedding sef go loud" she said all at once dragging the bag out. I felt happy that i had put a smile on her face. My sister was still a teenager in my eyes and i didn't want any man deceiving her with something i could afford, that was why i never said no to her wearing my clothes.

"Chimdiya" I called.

"Yes sister?" She answered focusing on the clothes she was bringing out from the bag.

"I have decided to be giving you Five Thousand Naira from my salary at the end of every month" I told her. He head shot up immediately.

"But Sister your salary is not even enough for you" she said already tearing up.

"Don't worry, i will manage" I smiled. She did some legwork dance steps and i couldn't help but laugh.

"Can your sister ever? If you know you have Adanne come out let me see. Who dey zuzu? As in who dey check am?" She chattered happily. I only shook my head at her.

"Onye Ara (Mad person)" I muttered under my breath.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Love In The Dark // A dark eroti-c story (Final episode) / Temptation / Contemplating On Spilling My Lesbobo Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.