Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Cross Roads - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cross Roads (28991 Views)

On The Roads Of Lagos – Lesson From The Young Master. / Cross / CROSS (magic. Sorcery. Myth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 11:05am On Mar 15, 2022
I don't know why the Mods like banning damselposh. She has been banned again.

Divepen1 ejo lift the ban on damselposh.

Thank you.
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 11:24am On Mar 15, 2022
Lalasclala pls unbanned damselposh
This tory suppose to make front page self
Mode pls help out
Re: Cross Roads by MrCuteking(m): 11:53am On Mar 15, 2022
No wonder.
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2022
Divepen1 please unban damselposh. Thank you.
Re: Cross Roads by Nanya14: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
See me that came to read update.

Divepen1 please lift the ban on our damselposh.
Re: Cross Roads by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
Maybe it's spam bot abi wetin be the name sef
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 6:29am On Mar 16, 2022
Good Morning my people. The ban has been lifted and the update i posted yesterday is now visible which is Chapter Nineteen. Thank you Preshbeauty for making sure that the ban was lifted. Every other person that pleaded for the ban to be lifted, thank you all too. Like i said at the beginning of this story, it won't take time. It's remaining just a few more chapters and we will be through.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 7:59am On Mar 16, 2022
damselposh:
CHAPTER NINETEEN

He strutted into the hospital like he owned it, as usual. He went straight to the waiting room and sat down, waiting for the younger man to meet with him. It didn't take a few minutes before the younger man joined him.

"Good afternoon sir" the younger man greeted, pushing his spectacle close to his face.

"Afternoon Zee" he replied. The younger man smiled. He knew he did a good job for the older man to call him "Zee".

"I heard what you did to that fool that wanted to destroy my plans. Something i have been planning since many years" he rolled his eyes.

"Gabriel thought he was smart so i showed him i was smarter. Now he is dead and will soon be forgotten" he licked his lips.

"Serves him right. I heard they carried out an autopsy, I hope it won't implicate you?" He asked.

"No sir. I strangled him and before i did that, I wore gloves. It won't even Trace back to me and there is no camera in the laboratory either" he grinned.

"That's good. Keep up the good work. Just handle things here at the hospital while Rofiat handles things at the other end" he nodded.

"How is Rofiat though? How are things at her own end?" He asked.

"She is doing fine now. I have been getting positive results." He smiled.

"I told you to let her do her things" he nodded.

"Yea you did. I have to get going now. Make sure no one finds out infact hide the test results" the older man instructed before heading out. The younger man nodded and saw the older man off to the gate before returning back to the hospital.

NONYE

I was in my room, lost in thought. I couldn't even get enough sleep the previous night. How could i? When Jamil would soon die. When after two months i wouldn't see him again. I didn't want to believe i was cursed, if not how could someone who had been nothing but good to i and my family be the one to have cancer? There were a lot of bad people on earth, why did cancer choose the man i had fallen in love with? I let out a sigh. My sister entered my room without knocking. I hissed at her. I had always told her to knock. She typed something on her phone and "Doir" by Ruger started playing out loud.

"Chimdiya i don't need noise here, I'm thinking. Kindly go to your room" I sighed.

"Sister i learnt some new leg work today. Should i show you?" She asked and at the same time turning her ass to me while she twerked.

"Chimdiya Biko (please) I'm not in the mood for your egwuregwu (play)." I rolled my eyes. Mama had instructed us to make sure we spoke Igbo language the same way we spoke English. She said we we should never forget where we came from. That was why we mixed Igbo language and English whenever we talked sometimes. Even when Mama wasn't with us, we still found ourselves speaking our native language without anyone telling us to.

"Sport car sporked on the right spot, bad man sneak on you now" Chimdiya sang along to the song playing on her phone. She turned to look at me and did some legwork dance. I hissed.

"Bia (come) this girl. Shouldn't you be studying for your JAMB examination?" I asked.

"Sister all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Problem no dey finish, make you try to dey enjoy ooo" she laughed. I eyed her angrily. She stared briefly at me before pausing the song. "You look worried. Gini mere (what happened?)" She asked.

"Finally you noticed" I hissed.

"Nothing goes by in this house without my notice" she said sitting on the bed.

"But you noticed late" I scoffed.

"I noticed since ooo. I wanted to cheer you up first" she chuckled. "Ngwa (oya) tell me why you are worried" she added. My sister was like my confidant. Despite the fact that i was three years older than her, I discussed a lot of things with her.

"It's Jamil" I sighed.

"Oh uncle Jamil? What about him?" She asked.

"Chimdiya Jamil nwere (has) cancer and he has just two more months to live" I muttered through gritted teeth.

"Chineke Nna (Father Lord)" she exclaimed. "Why do bad things happen to good people? He is the nicest person i have ever come across. Why him?" She continued.

"I don't even know. Do you even know the worst part? He said he has feelings for me. He has fallen in love with me just like i have fallen for him too. The first time i was falling in love and I'm this unlucky" my eyes burned as the tears gathered.

"I know he has feelings for you. I saw the way he was looking at you the day he was here" she said. The tears poured out the moment she said that. She shifted closer to me and placed my head on her shoulder. "Ndo (sorry). stop crying. Ozugo (it's okay)" she consoled. The tears poured the more. My phone chose that instant to ring. I strained my neck to see who was calling.

"It's Jamil" I said to Chimdiya who immediately let me go.

"Don't let him know you are crying, especially because of him. It will kill him faster" she said. I nodded like a kid before picking up.

"Edo Man" I called out faking a chuckle.

"Igbo Woman" he replied with a chuckle too. "How are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm fine. How about you?" I cleared my throat.

"I'm okay. Are you sure you are fine? Did you cry?" He asked.

"No" I chuckled "why will i cry?" I asked.

"Your voice sounds somehow" he said.

"I'm fine Jamil" I replied.

"Okay. Do you have plans for tonight?" He asked.

"No i don't" I replied swiftly. Even if i had any plans, i would gladly cancel just to be with him.

"Okay. I will pick you up let's say around 7pm. We are going out for dinner" he yawned.

"Okay then. You didn't eat before leaving for work?" I asked.

"I ate. Bella made something for me" he replied. I remembered how jealous i was the first time he mentioned Bella cooking for him. It was a good thing i had asked him who Bella was.

"Alright then" I replied concluding that he must be tired, the reason he was yawning.

"See you later tonight babe" he said. I smiled when he called me babe.

"Yea. Have a nice day" I replied before he ended the call.

"What did he say?" Chimdiya asked like she was waiting for me to drop the call.

"We are going out later tonight for dinner" I answered.

"Don't let it bother you too much. We will pray and fast for him. He won't die" she rubbed my back. I nodded.

"Please don't tell Mama yet. Inuru? (Did you hear)" I told her.

"Anulam (I have heard)" she replied.

Rofiat? Another person or is Bella the same person as Rofiat? Damsel of suspense, come and clear us.
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 8:02am On Mar 16, 2022
damselposh:
Good Morning my people. The ban has been lifted and the update i posted yesterday is now visible which is Chapter Nineteen. Thank you Preshbeauty for making sure that the ban was lifted. Every other person that pleaded for the ban to be lifted, thank you all too. Like i said at the beginning of this story, it won't take time. It's remaining just a few more chapters and we will be through.

Don't mind them. They won't allow us to enjoy our story in peace.

Thank you
Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 11:37am On Mar 16, 2022
I refuse to be confused. Bella should be the same person as Rofiat. grin

Damsel thank you
Re: Cross Roads by UmmuA(f): 11:55am On Mar 16, 2022
I'm certain Bella is the same person as rofiat
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 4:55pm On Mar 16, 2022
CHAPTER TWENTY
JAMIL

It was almost 7pm when i got to my attraction's house. I pulled out my phone and placed a call across to her, letting her know that i was parked outside the gate. Few minutes after, she stepped out of the compound looking Embellished. She was on a blue strapless bodycon gown that accentuated her curves. Her small breast stood firmly in the dress and her big ass protruded from behind. A red heels and a red bag. Her natural hair was packed up in a bun and as usual, she wore no make up.

"Good evening" she greeted the moment she entered the car.

"Evening. How are you?" I asked driving off.

"I'm fine. How was work today?" She asked.

"Work was fine and today was crazy" I said remembering Gabriel's death.

"Crazy how? What happened?" She asked.

"Someone i was supposed to meet with in the morning died before i even got there" I sighed.

"Ouch. Sorry about that" she said. I nodded and glanced briefly at her.

"How is everyone at home?" I asked coming to a stop when the light turned red.

"They are fine. Mama said i should greet you" she replied.

"What does your sister do? Is she schooling? Is she working?" The traffic light had turned green at the moment, i sped off.

"She is taking lessons on JAMB. By next year she should be an undergraduate" she gave me a side glance.

"Send me her full name tomorrow or later tonight. The company will place her on a full scholarship" I swerved my car to the right.

"No. You have done enough. Let us handle this one" she let out a smile.

"It's not open for debate. I can't be awarding scholarships to other people and not do the same for your sister. Just send me her name. The company will give her a full scholarship" I said in a semi commanding tone.

"Yes boss" she gave a mock salute. I drove into Genesis eatery and parked my car. I unstrapped my seatbelt and she did the same too. We walked into the eatery and sat at a table just at the extreme. I signalled a waitress who rushed to our table with a paper in her hand.

"Good evening sir, good evening Ma. What would you like to have?" The waitress asked.

"I will have spaghetti Bolognese and a bottle of water" I said. She nodded while scribbling down on the paper she held. She turned to my attraction.

"What of you ma'am?" She asked.

"Let me have white rice and chicken sauce. Water will be fine" she replied. The waitress nodded and left.

"Where do you stay?" She asked.

"Agbama Estate. House Eleven" I replied.

"Okay" she shrugged.

"I will invite you over one of these days" I smiled at her. She only nodded. I suddenly had the feeling of been watched. The hairs on my neck stood and my hands suddenly started shaking. I looked around the eatery, nobody paid attention to our table.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I think someone is watching me. I can feel it" I replied still looking around. She looked around too and concluded that i must be exhausted from work. I nodded in agreement. I looked outside the eatery through the glass partition and i saw a silhouette of a man. Immediately he noticed i was looking, he ran off. It suddenly felt like i saw my uncle. I didn't see the person clearly but i had a nagging feeling it was my uncle. The waitress brought our food disrupting my thought. I stared at my hands and surprisingly, they had stopped shaking. I picked up the fork and delved into my meal. We ate in silence until i spoke up.

"While you are sending your sister's details to me, add your account details too" I forked a few of spaghetti sticks into my mouth.

"My account details kwa? What do you want to do with it?" She asked raising her brows at me.

"I want to place you on a monthly salary. I would have employed you but i can't have my babe working for me" I drank water before i continued eating.

"I won't even agree to that. You are making us look like parasites. The ones you have done are enough. I will take it up from here" she replied.

"Babe" I sighed dropping the fork i was holding "I will die soon and i have millions of dollars in my account that need to be spent. I want to die knowing that you and your family won't suffer again in life. Please let me die a happy man. Paying you two hundred thousand naira every month is nothing to me" I added. She looked shocked.

"Two hundred gini?" She exclaimed. I wasn't igbo but i knew "gini" meant "what". "Just how rich are you?" she continued.

"Very rich. Very very very rich. I can place a hundred unemployed people on a substantial salary income and still not go broke in the next decade to come. Do you know the funny part of it? The more i spend, the more i make more money" I smiled.

"Well done ooo Nigerian Bill gate" she replied sarcastically. I let out a laugh.

"Let me spend money on you. Eat my money, infact drain me" I chuckled picking up the fork again.

"Let's do it this way. You can go ahead and place me on a salary but once i get a job, you will stop" she said.

"Okay. I agree" I said. Of course it wasn't going to be like that. I would add her name as one of the staffs to be paid and even when i must have died, the money would continue to roll in. I grinned at her. She raised her brows at me in confusion.

5 Likes

Re: Cross Roads by Preshbeauty(f): 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2022
Jamil is just a husband material.

Why is his uncle stalking him? I hope he won't plan on hurting Nonye?

Thanks damsel.

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by Bukolaberry(f): 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2022
Thanks for the update, he should try to open up to nonye about gabriel the phone call, the lab test he intend to tell him, may be she can figure it out cause she seems smart. he should also tell her about the drugs.

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by Ujunwa14(f): 9:08pm On Mar 16, 2022
Chai i have fallen for Jamil cool cool
Nwoke buso mma.

His uncle will now want to hurt Nonye. Damsel Biko, no strand of her hair should be missing. Thank you.
Re: Cross Roads by Ann2012(f): 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2022
Thanks for the update ma’am
Re: Cross Roads by oyinella(f): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2022
I don't even know what to type, I am just mentally drained on behalf of chimdiya
Re: Cross Roads by oyinella(f): 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ujunwa14:
Nwoke buso mma.

His uncle will now want to hurt Nonye. Damsel Biko, no strand of her hair should be missing. Thank you.
Fallen for my man Kwa?
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 6:53am On Mar 17, 2022
Preshbeauty:

Thanks damsel.

Exactly what I am thinking
Nonye is no more safe
O shee damselposh
Sweet popcorn for you dear
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 7:09am On Mar 17, 2022
Nonye was looking "Embellished" when she came out from the compound. That means she was looking like me grin

If i catch that his uncle eeehn.

damsel my sister well done
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 7:12am On Mar 17, 2022
Embellished:
Nonye was looking "Embellished" when she came out from the compound. That means she was looking like me grin

If i catch that his uncle eeehn.

damsel my sister well done

That’s your twinning grin
Small bosom Big ass grin
Damsel damsel grin
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 8:07am On Mar 17, 2022
Why Jamil can’t hire private investigator?
He should add one plus two and use his sense
Gabriel wanted to reveal something and he died before the agree time
He also noted his uncle trailing him and he just playing lover boy about
At least he is very rich and can take care of investigator’s bill
Well waiting concern me? If he die na him problem be that
Enjoy you damsel
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 8:09am On Mar 17, 2022
[quote author=Adesina12 post=111107560]Why Jamil can’t hire private investigator?
He should add one plus two and use his sense
Gabriel wanted to reveal something and he died before the agree time
He also noted his uncle trailing him and he just playing lover boy about
At least he is very rich and can take care of investigator’s bill
Well waiting concern me? If he die na him problem be that
Enjoy you damsel [/quote

Maybe he will do so secretly
Re: Cross Roads by Embellished(f): 8:10am On Mar 17, 2022
Adesina12:

That’s your twinning grin
Small bosom Big ass grin
Damsel damsel grin

I don't have a small boobs though wink
Re: Cross Roads by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:30am On Mar 17, 2022
He should atleast try to add one plus one together nah. First is Gabriel then the other is his Uncle trailing him. Jamil should know that something is up

Well done my wonderful OP smiley much love
Re: Cross Roads by Adesina12: 8:43am On Mar 17, 2022
YoungBruzzy:
He should atleast try to add one plus one together nah. First is Gabriel then the other is his Uncle trailing him. Jamil should know that something is up

Well done my wonderful OP smiley much love

Welcome buddy
Trust you are good
Sweet popcorn for you sir

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 9:55am On Mar 17, 2022
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
NONYE

I was laying down lazily on my bed as late as 10am. I yawned again for the umptieth time since i woke up that morning. I wondered why Mama hadn't barged into my room to chase me out. My phone rang, I stretched my hand and took it. I smiled as i saw who the caller was.

"Bill Gate the second" I teased.

"Good morning babe" he replied groggily.

"You didn't go to work today?" I asked looking at the wall clock.

"No. I'm home today. I'm not feeling too well" he answered.

"What is the problem?" I asked sitting up.

"I feel weak to the bones" he replied sluggishly.

"Have you eaten?" I asked. Concern laced in my voice.

"Yes i have. Bella made salad for me and i have been feeling sick since then. Babe i don't know how I'm feeling right now" he explained through laboured breaths.

"Have you taken your drugs? Should i come over?" I asked.

"Babe I thi....nk." he stuttered before letting out a heavy cough. "Bl..ood. i co..ugh..ed out blo..od" he muttered before everywhere went silent.

"Jamil? Hello? Babe can you hear me?" I spoke into the receiver but got no response. I looked at my phone screen, the call was still reading. "Jamil please say something you are scaring me" I said already tearing up. When i got no response again, i dashed out of my room. I met my mom in the living room watching TV.

"You finally decided to wake up" she scoffed.

"Mama i will be right back, I think Jamil needs my help" I spoke wiping the mucus that had rolled out of my nose.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Mama i don't know. I was talking with him on the phone and then he coughed out blood. Mama please I'm coming" I said rushing out. I almost stopped when it dawned on me that i didn't even know where he lived. Just then, i remembered he gave me his address the previous night at the eatery.

"Driver Agbama Estate" I shouted at a cab driver i saw.

"Madam na 1k ooo" he said. I jumped into the cab and urged him to go. My phone started ringing and "Mama" stared right back at me on the screen. I ignored the call and let it ring out. When we got to the Estate gate, the driver asked me for the house number which i provided immediately. As soon as we got to House Eleven, i jumped down from the cab and rushed towards the gate.

"Madam you never pay me ooo" the driver said stepping down from the car. I ignored him and knocked heavily on the gate. It flung open immediately and a young man looked at me from head to toe. It was then i remembered i was still in my night wear.

"Good morning. Is this Jamil's house?" I asked praying he would say yes.

"Yes and you are?" He asked.

"Madam my money" the driver said beside me. I didn't even notice when he got to my side.

"Please we don't have time for this. Jamil needs my help right now" I explained to the gateman. He looked at me like i had ran mad. I pushed him off from the gate and ran into the compound. He chased me together with the driver. I got to the house and knocked repeatedly on the door. After a few minutes, a young lady stepped out looking at me in confusion.

"You must be Bella. Jamil has told me a lot about you" I said impatiently.

"Okay. You are?" She asked.

"Madam she is a mad woman. Don't even listen to her" the gate man said.

"Please i think Jamil is in trouble. I was talking with him on the phone and then he said he wasn't feeling fine and then he coughed out blood" I explained to Bella.

"Blood?" She asked. "Oh my God blood" she said running into the house while i and the gateman followed keenly. We climbed the stairs and rushed into the first room by the left. Jamil was sprawled on the floor lifeless. Blood stained the white marbled floor.

"Jamil baby I'm here" I said kneeling close to him.

"Jamil?" Bella called tapping him. I held his head on my hand and felt his pulse.

"He is still breathing let's take him to the hospital" I yelled. We carried him with the help of the gateman and rushed out. The driver still stood at the same spot we left him. "Thank God you are still here. Please take us to the hospital" I said sniffing. He wanted to argue but when he saw tears in everybody's eyes, he nodded and rushed out to get his car ready. I cried all the way to the hospital.

When we got there, nurses rushed out with a stretcher and placed Jamil on it. We were told to wait outside the theatre while they worked on him. I sat moodily on a bench and rested my chin on my hand.

"I need to call Dad" Bella said to no one in particular. She brought out her phone and dialed a number before placing it on her ear. "Dad Dad" she sniffed. "It's Jamil. We are at the hospital" she cried. "I don't know. We just saw him sprawled on the floor in his room" she explained amidst tears. I looked away when my own tears started pouring. "Okay Dad" she said before she ended the call. She leaned on the wall and continuously looked at the door to the theatre. After a few minutes, an elderly man rushed towards Bella fidgeting.

"Oh Dad" Bella screamed running into his embrace.

"Where is he? Where is my son?" The elderly man asked. I concluded that it must be his uncle.

"They are in the theatre. They are not even telling us anything" she cried.

"How did it happen? What happened?" He asked.

"I don't know Dad. He said he was going to rest today. I made breakfast for him, he ate and went to his room. I was in the kitchen washing the dishes when this young lady came" at that point she nodded at me. Her father looked at me and nodded in confusion. "And said we should check on Jamil. When we got there, he was sprawled on the floor" she continued.

"It's okay. He will be fine. Let's wait for the doctor to come out" he consoled her even though his own eyes were teary. The door to the theatre opened and the doctor came out. We all rushed to him and bombarded him with questions.

"Calm down everyone. He is stable now and conscious too" he said with a smile. I let out a breath i had been holding since.

"Can we see him now?" Bella asked.

"Yes but not all at once. You can go in and see him one after the other. Just give the nurses a minute to take him to the ward" he explained before leaving. We agreed that his uncle should go first and then Bella before me.

We all matched to the ward where the nurses took him to. I sat down on a bench i saw and Bella joined me too.

"Who are you to Jamil?" She asked out of the blue.

"I'm his friend" I answered.

"A special friend i guess. For him to tell you about the sickness" she smiled for the first time since i saw her that morning. I was about to reply when her father came out from the ward.

"My turn" she said standing up. Her father stared at me in a manner i didn't like. He gave me a sinister smile before walking down the vestibule. I shook my head as if trying to shake off the feeling. Bella came out some minutes after and said Jamil requested to see me. I let out a breath before going in to see the love of my life.

The moment i stepped in, he stared at the door and when he saw it was me, he broke into a smile.

"Hey" he said weakly.

"Hey" i replied standing a few feets away from the bed. He scrutinized me from head to toe and i felt shy when his gaze lingered on my breast. I wasn't wearing anything underneath. I folded my hands against my chest and looked away in embarrassment. It was at such point in time that i thanked God for giving me a small breast.

"Come and sit close to me" he said gently hitting the space he created on the bed for me. I nodded and walked towards him.

5 Likes

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 9:57am On Mar 17, 2022
Preshbeauty:

Thanks damsel.

Thanks for reading
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 9:57am On Mar 17, 2022
Bukolaberry:
Thanks for the update, he should try to open up to nonye about gabriel the phone call, the lab test he intend to tell him, may be she can figure it out cause she seems smart. he should also tell her about the drugs.

Okay i will tell him

1 Like

Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2022
Ujunwa14:
Nwoke buso mma.

Jamil kwa? You have fallen for my Jamil? Take your time oooo.
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 9:59am On Mar 17, 2022
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma’am

Thanks for reading
Re: Cross Roads by damselposh(f): 9:59am On Mar 17, 2022
oyinella:
I don't even know what to type, I am just mentally drained on behalf of chimdiya

Hahahaha grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Love In The Dark // A dark eroti-c story (Final episode) / Temptation / Contemplating On Spilling My Lesbobo Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.