Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? (16303 Views)

Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital / Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by 1Sharon(f): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
seunny4lif:
C-Section
Most people I know in Europe, did C-Section.
If you want to give birth here, they will ask you from day one, which one you want?
Normal or C-Section.
Even if you choose Normal, they will have already prepared C-Section for the person in case.

Nigerians have a phobia of surgery lol

2 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by newoffer: 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
In my own case. My wife had CS in her first delivery. I had to keep like half million for all the process. CS is cool . You need to be on ground to assist because there are lots of request based on the situation.

quote author=NTAChannel5 post=110411274]
He's a private doc, one that would never answer a simple question over the phone. You'll need to come to the hospital, fill a form and lay your complaint. Two times my wife had diarrhea and we had to come to the hospital and do a blood test. And on those two occasions he recommended ORS. I've asked him and all he keeps saying is 'When we see', meaning I have to come and see him face-to-face again.

I'm not saying C -Section babies are not normal o. I'm just worried about safety of all concerned. You will agree with me that women of nowadays are not as strong as our mothers, they want everything easy. I want it easy too, I love my wife more than I love myself.

As for the twins, I didn't expect it either. I didn't want her to do a scan but after seeing the size of her stomach I had to. And trust me, even though I'm glad to be a 'Papa Ejima' I'm equally worried about the cost. grin Already, the hospital has told us to buy another round of the very things we bought before for one baby.[/quote]
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Drone95(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
Alright. Depends on the foetus presentation, their weight doesn't really matters, presentation is the real deal, if the foetus are in cephalic presentation, vagina delivery is good but if it's a breech presentation either partial or complete, CS is the best option. Nevertheless you can still opt in for CS even thou the babies are in cephalic presentation, it will only safe her the stress of natural delivery and ur wife vagina wall will not suffer any tear or expansion as a result of the foetus weight.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by 1Sharon(f): 3:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mercychen:
Why C-Section?

My Mom had us through natural birth.

Not every woman qualifies for a natural birth.

2 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Idlawz: 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
My wife just gave birth trough C section, and believe in me C section is bey.
No labour pain, no much stress and both the baby and mother are doing very much fine.
The type of delivery u go for will depend on the safety of the babies and mother. Though my baby was weighing 3.6kg at birth shaaa.

2 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by seunny4lif(m): 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
1Sharon:

Nigerians have a phobia of surgery lol
cheesy cheesy
Can’t blame them sha because it’s due to bad Rep of our medical professionals cheesy
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by 1Sharon(f): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
seunny4lif:

cheesy cheesy
Can’t blame them sha because it’s due to bad Rep of our medical professionals cheesy

Lol maybe but they need to understand that most surgeries are safe.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by seunny4lif(m): 3:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
1Sharon:

Lol maybe but they need to understand that most surgeries are safe.
I tell you
Someone will need a surgery to fix broken bones but instead of going to hospital to fix it, the person will be brought to church and hoping on miracles to happen.

It’s Nigeria thing grin

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Southernigbo: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
ppl in Europe who find cs preferable probably fear a widening of the veegee by giving birth naturally
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by pinkydaisy(f): 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
Can we please stop this "NATURAL/NORMAL" delivery language,,,,it's archaic please.

Medically, it's either VAGINAL delivery or Ceasearan Section delivery.

OP,as time goes by,her doc will advise what best to be done.
If you are not too comfortable with your present doc, please it's not too late to register in another hospital with good reference.

All the best!
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by 1Sharon(f): 3:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
seunny4lif:

I tell you
Someone will need a surgery to fix broken bones but instead of going to hospital to fix it, the person will be brought to church and hoping on miracles to happen.

It’s Nigeria thing grin

grin You're right

They're just emotional
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by abike12(f): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
Whatever option will keep mother and children safe. Let the doctor know that you are not against a c section. The doctor will need to consider the position of the babies, her blood pressure and other medical history. She will need lots of support from you and other family members post-delivery. She's blessed to have a husband that cares so much. I wish you both a safe arrival of your twins.

2 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Freddonance(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:

He's a private doc, one that would never answer a simple question over the phone. You'll need to come to the hospital, fill a form and lay your complaint. Two times my wife had diarrhea and we had to come to the hospital and do a blood test. And on those two occasions he recommended ORS. I've asked him and all he keeps saying is 'When we see', meaning I have to come and see him face-to-face again.

I'm not saying C -Section babies are not normal o. I'm just worried about safety of all concerned. You will agree with me that women of nowadays are not as strong as our mothers, they want everything easy. I want it easy too, I love my wife more than I love myself.

As for the twins, I didn't expect it either. I didn't want her to do a scan but after seeing the size of her stomach I had to. And trust me, even though I'm glad to be a 'Papa Ejima' I'm equally worried about the cost. grin Already, the hospital has told us to buy another round of the very things we bought before for one baby.

I can see you don't trust the doctor. How is a doctor who knows the clinical details of your wife wrong when he advised you come with her to the hospital? Or were you expecting him to tell you how to treat your wife's diarrhea at home?

Do you know what diarrhea can do to a normal individual not to talk of your wife Who is having an abnormal(twin) pregnancy?

Pls don't misquote me with the term "abnormal pregnancy".
It's just that multiple pregnancy is not a normal pregnancy & needs proper monitoring.

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by drimzsmoke(m): 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Whatever we advise here will never hold water.
What will prevail is what her doctor will decide on that day after due obstetric & clinical examination to ascertain her fitness for V delivery.

We may advice Left and the situation turns out to be right. We may advise Right & the situation turns out to be Left. Pregnancy is dynamic.
Multiple Gestation comes with Challenges.

So, This TOPIC is dead on arrival.
Not Necessary now, just keep money.
Just inform us after she delivers and we shall come & rejoice with you.

grin grin cheesy grin grin
This is misinformation sir,you have the right to choose whatever mode of delivery you/your wife want
You can even choose the date you want your kids to be born sef but it is "bad practise"
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by fimzzy1991: 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
I beg you go to a very good federal hospital to deliver those babies. I am a medical Doctor and have zero confidence in private hospitals especially Doctors that are demi-gods. Let her get a referral now, better than if things get complicated.
To your question, there are certain factors that determine whether she delivers via vaginal delivery or not
1) Is this her first delivery? It will most likely be a CS
2) Is the first twin in cephalic presentation?
3) Is her pelvis adequate?
4)Medical history such as hypertension, diabetes etc
All in all I wish her safe delivery.
Peace

NTAChannel5:

As for the twins, I didn't expect it either. I didn't want her to do a scan but after seeing the size of her stomach I had to. And trust me, even though I'm glad to be a 'Papa Ejima' I'm equally worried about the cost. grin Already, the hospital has told us to buy another round of the very things we bought before for one baby.

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by wumi2017(f): 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
Awwwwwww � Ejide ,,I so much love them ..wish her quick recovery o
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by 1Sharon(f): 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
Freddonance:

I can see you don't trust the doctor. How is a doctor who knows the clinical details of your wife wrong when he advised you come with her to the hospital? Or were you expecting him to tell you how to treat your wife's diarrhea at home?

Do you know what diarrhea can do to a normal individual not to talk of your wife Who is having an abnormal(twin) pregnancy?

Pls don't misquote me with the term "abnormal pregnancy".
It's just that multiple pregnancy is not a normal pregnancy & needs proper monitoring.

Don't mind him
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by purpleicious(f): 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
Please don't complain about her stomach growth o, cause if it's small, then it's abnormal. I'd always prefer vaginal birth but only her doctor can tell you the true position of things.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by drimzsmoke(m): 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
Idlawz:
My wife just gave birth trough C section, and believe in me C section is bey.
No labour pain, no much stress and both the baby and mother are doing very much fine.
The type of delivery u go for will depend on the safety of the babies and mother. Though my baby was weighing 3.6kg at birth shaaa.

No nonsense episiotomy,no episiorrhaphy,no doctors coming in every 4 hrs to insert his hand in your wife's vagina to check cervical dilatation.....ideally,multiple gestation are not supposed to be delivered in a private hospital,they are high risk pregnancy,and I'm guessing the wife is also a primigravida,another high risk...

Back to the topic,CS is the best for the delivery of multiple gestation and as for the weight,that pregnancy won't reach 9 months,those kids will be born preterm with/without CS,it's not a curse!!!

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by folake4u(f): 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
pocohantas:

Hmmmm. No wish me this kind thing again. Na small thing dey make me get sleepless nights.

cry cry cry

I wish you quadruplets, Poco!

Isé. kiss tongue
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
1Sharon:

Not every woman qualifies for a natural birth.

Apart from tiny cervix or complications, every woman can have a natural birth except she's the lazy type.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by NoToPile: 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
The doctors know what they look out for, people deliver twins virginaly and surgically, it depends.

Now the private hospital, does it have incubator, do they have facilities for phototherapy, blood bank, these are important questions you should look out for even in a normal delivery if non of this is available and finances is an issue, let her register at General hospital Maternal Child centers if she's in Lagos, there are consultants and they will have the facilities needed and it's affordable.

Just that it's stressful

2 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by drimzsmoke(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mrkumareze:
kiss look for a good old doctor, he ll examine your wife and give you the best answer.. the new greedy doctors we have now ll always recommend CS so they make more money.. the same way they recommended my wife for CS, we ran to our family doctor, he scolded us badly and demand we go home to come back when labour becomes obvious.. Las Las my woman delivered safely naturally ....

Yen yen yen yen
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Exceed15: 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
My brother, Strictly follow the medical advice. I m sure she's been monitored. Either way , it shall end in praise in Jesus Name.

Congratulations in advance.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by ImaIma1(f): 4:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:

You guys here would always look for a way to discredit women. How do you know that women are not as strong. Last time i was there, there were 3 babies in the nursery; 2 were vaginal and one CS.

About your question, you still need to consult with your doctor. How do you think Nairalanders will give you a good answer without your wife's history and information. If they say, go for natural delivery, will you take it?

The next antenatal is a great time to ask him.

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by drimzsmoke(m): 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
seunny4lif:

Just because I put the word here, don’t mean I lived in Europe.

I’m saying C-Section is normal in Europe or any advance countries but the way Nigerians scream it made it look like it’s bad.
You see Nigerians running to churches just because they were told, they need C-section

May God bless you for this....na genesis 3:16 still dey deceive us in Africa
Some funny lots will even go to church to do testimony that their wives didn't give birth via CS....we are backward,no joke!!!
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by seunny4lif(m): 4:12pm On Feb 21, 2022
grin cheesy
Welcome to Africa
drimzsmoke:

May God bless you for this....na genesis 3:16 still dey deceive us in Africa
Some funny lots will even go to church to do testimony that their wives didn't give birth via CS....we are backward,no joke!!!
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by docayo: 4:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
Twin gestation is not an absolute indication for Caesarean Section. It is only if the leading twin is presenting with the breech then it must be Caesarean Section.

Also, if there is any other Obstetric indication for Caesarean Section, then it should be Caesarean Section. Otherwise, vaginal delivery can still be attempted.

Concerning the size of the babies, have you guys ruled out wrong dates? Typically, there is a weight gain of about 0.2kg per week at this time.
In all, please ensure that your wife is seeing an Obstetrician. Twin pregnancy is a high risk pregnancy.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by kinguwem: 4:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:
Hi, guys.

Please I need professional advice on which to go for. All praises to God, my wife is heavily pregnant with twins. From the last scan the babies are weighing 2.7kg and 2.4kg respectively. That's quite big for babies that are 7 months. And the expected period of delivery is between April ending and early May. Which means they may still grow bigger with time.

So I'm sincerely concerned about the safety of my wife and the babies, especially my wife coz her belly is so big that people are wondering why she hasn't put to bed yet. Although, she's very healthy and seems less bothered. But I'm not finding it easy here. I want to know if Cesarian Section is a better option for delivering the babies or should we have the natural one instead.

Please, doctors, health professionals and experienced mothers in the house, let me learn from you. Thanks
The method of delivery depends on a lot of factors including: the presentation of the first twin & other associated problems including placentation, maternal medical diseases - Diabetes, hypertension.

The decision whether to allow your wife deliver vaginally or have a caesarean section should be taken by the obstetrician managing your wife in the antenatal clinic.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by CastroTbb(m): 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2022
Igsonny:
Instagram still available 1k naira

Let's deal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun Replaces Striking Doctors At Isolation Centre With Volunteers / Vwaere Daiso: Installer Of Faulty Elevator Handed Over To Police – LASG / Lagos Discharges 22 more Coronavirus Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.