Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? (16304 Views)

Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital / Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mercychen:

You can go and hug a high tension wire for all I care. I said what I said and thats final.

If you don't understand what I meant, too bad I can't help you

You can join him to hug the nearest high tension wire closest to you if my comment is that repulsive to you. Suit yourselves.

Please, just shut it and stop whining already. You never cease to show your ignorance when possible. What is there to understand in a comment ladened with ignorance?

2 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Esthered: 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Please, just shut it and stop whining already. You never cease to show your ignorance when possible. What is there to understand in a comment ladened with ignorance?
Ufan, akem. Kpong ayen. Always sounding frustrated ke almost all her posts.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by frozen70(f): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:
Hi, guys.

Please I need professional advice on which to go for. All praises to God, my wife is heavily pregnant with twins. From the last scan the babies are weighing 2.7kg and 2.4kg respectively. That's quite big for babies that are 7 months. And the expected period of delivery is between April ending and early May. Which means they may still grow bigger with time.

So I'm sincerely concerned about the safety of my wife and the babies, especially my wife coz her belly is so big that people are wondering why she hasn't put to bed yet. Although, she's very healthy and seems less bothered. But I'm not finding it easy here. I want to know if Cesarian Section is a better option for delivering the babies or should we have the natural one instead.

Please, doctors, health professionals and experienced mothers in the house, let me learn from you. Thanks

Congratulations in advance for her safe delivery
The doctor is in the best position to determine her mode of delivery after the Doctor must have accessed her cervix to know if it's upto the standard medical size for delivery, usually it's done through scan, though some Doctors do put their hands right inside the birth canal and size it up

But am quite sure she will have a safe delivery so far she won't be long in Labour and the babies are not in breech or sitting position in the womb

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by 1Sharon(f): 10:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:

That's exactly what I mean. I was told it's less painful and safer albeit more expensive. My fear is due to the size and it's her first time.

Nah that's BS. The healing process for CS is much longer
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by serege(m): 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:
Hi, guys.

Please I need professional advice on which to go for. All praises to God, my wife is heavily pregnant with twins. From the last scan the babies are weighing 2.7kg and 2.4kg respectively. That's quite big for babies that are 7 months. And the expected period of delivery is between April ending and early May. Which means they may still grow bigger with time.

So I'm sincerely concerned about the safety of my wife and the babies, especially my wife coz her belly is so big that people are wondering why she hasn't put to bed yet. Although, she's very healthy and seems less bothered. But I'm not finding it easy here. I want to know if Cesarian Section is a better option for delivering the babies or should we have the natural one instead.

Please, doctors, health professionals and experienced mothers in the house, let me learn from you. Thanks

Please register your wife at a general hospital close to you for safety of mother and babies. Most Private hospitals are only after your money and will usually prescribe the most expensive mode of treatment.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Aaay: 11:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
Just play safe
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Nobody: 5:21am On Feb 22, 2022
NTAChannel5:

He's a private doc, one that would never answer a simple question over the phone. You'll need to come to the hospital, fill a form and lay your complaint. Two times my wife had diarrhea and we had to come to the hospital and do a blood test. And on those two occasions he recommended ORS. I've asked him and all he keeps saying is 'When we see', meaning I have to come and see him face-to-face again.

I'm not saying C -Section babies are not normal o. I'm just worried about safety of all concerned. You will agree with me that women of nowadays are not as strong as our mothers, they want everything easy. I want it easy too, I love my wife more than I love myself.

As for the twins, I didn't expect it either. I didn't want her to do a scan but after seeing the size of her stomach I had to. And trust me, even though I'm glad to be a 'Papa Ejima' I'm equally worried about the cost. grin Already, the hospital has told us to buy another round of the very things we bought before for one baby.

If you are in Lagos, kindly register her at Lagos Island Maternity Hospital. Their doctor patient relationship is top notch. They dont joke with their patients. You won't even know it's a government hospital. Seeing is believing though. Wish her a safe delivery

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 22, 2022
Esthered:

Madam, CS isn't for lazy people, my friend was 7CM for over 12 hours and the water broke very early. She had to go under the knife to save herself and the baby and the baby's head suffered for it.
I was lucky to have dilated successfully and baby crowning of which my mum told me if they say CS go for it without delay.
No one will award you for being a super woman, if it happens baba go give the pikin step mother.
@uyaiincomparabl, ku boro ayen. Anie mkpo si fana mma do.

If you read my initial comment which they attacked me for, I said, except a woman has a small cervix or complications ( like you just cited) she can have a natural delivery. I never said even with complications she should still go ahead and risk natural delivery.

I wonder what they understood by my comment that made them come at me.

Anyways, I know what I said and from their argument it shows they don't understand one bit, what I meant. Too bad I can't help their inability to comprehend.

Esthered:

Ufan, akem. Kpong ayen. Always sounding frustrated ke almost all her posts.

Hahahahaaaa says a bunch of akwaibom dogs and Desperados. I knew you were up to no good when I saw you type in your ugly language.

How does my comment sound frustrating? Or it's you and Uyalincomparabl that are tearing yourselves up over a harmless comment I made that are frustrated?

Do I even know you?

Who's the frustrated one? tell me.
Me or your Uyalincomparabl that spends her life on bettings on here? A woman for that matter. Or you that jumped out of nowhere and started speaking in your language to gossip someone who doesn't know you exist? Chaiii... You people don't fail to disappoint.

Hmmm.. your frustrations have driven you into a deep hate. with this display now it's very clear.
You know what? for all I care, both of you can wail and tear yourselves apart over my post and comment from now on. You'll be highly ignored because I don't exchange banters with bitter souls.

We know how you people from "that side" can be very pained and low in your reasoning therefore I've learnt to avoid you guys both online and offline because your jealousy is on another level and the hate is hmmm....

Please feel free to rant all you want and express your hates. It is allowed.

As for me, I've left you behind. I'm not in your local league.

Desperados!
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:42am On Feb 22, 2022
This one is senseless sha. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Esthered: 7:51am On Feb 22, 2022
Mercychen:

If you read my initial comment which they attacked me for, I said, except a woman has a small cervix or complications ( like you just cited) she can have a natural delivery. I never said even with complications...
Good morning Akanawan, I wouldn't be a tribal bigot in reaction to your calling my language ugly as this forum has rules to be abided by.
You're a teacher as you claim but you show no example in your words here. I wonder how your students and fellow colleagues cope with you.
You used the word desperados, for you? Get off it mma.
Every woman has a right to choose her how she wants to bring life to the world and must not wait for complications to prove to you that she isn't lazy.
Your type may settle for epidural during VD and come out to claim bravery that I pushed....
You the hardworking woman, join the mothers club and let's know if your perception wouldn't change.
Funny enough, you ought to have grown past typing long epistles in defending yourself on this forum.
Learn to be succinct and not verbose. Don't you think it's high time you become a book publisher if you improve your writing prowess since you LOVE to write.
Do have a great day but you're wrong to call me local. I'm a chartered accountant and was 3rd best overall nationwide when I qualified which was over 5 year ago.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 22, 2022
Esthered:

Good morning Akanawan, I wouldn't be a tribal bigot in reaction to your calling my language ugly as this forum has rules to be abided by.
You're a teacher as you claim but you show no example in your words here. I wonder how your students and fellow colleagues cope with you.
Every woman has a right to choose her how she wants to bring life to the world and must not wait for complications to prove to you that she isn't lazy.
Your type may settle for epidural during VD and come out to claim bravery that I pushed....
You the hardworking woman, join the mothers club and let's know if your perception wouldn't change.
Funny enough, you ought to have grown past typing long epistles in defending yourself on this forum.
Learn to be succinct and not verbose. Don't you think it's high time you become a book publisher if you improve your writing prowess since you LOVE to write.
Do have a great day but you're wrong to call me local. I'm a chartered accountant and was 3rd best overall nationwide when I qualified which was over 5 year ago.

Hahahahaaaa... 3rd best my foot! The character you displayed here by stooping so low to switch to a language I don't understand just to make snide remarks about me doesn't portray you as one ( 3rd best). So shove that back into your throat cos you're clearly not what you claim.

Talking about Epistles, I see the aphorism you put up there. Densed brain.

Learn to stick your nose where it fits and stop displaying a local attitude. You both are local!
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Esthered: 9:27am On Feb 22, 2022
Mercychen:

Hahahahaaaa... 3rd best my foot! The character you displayed here by stooping so low to switch to a language I don't understand just to make snide remarks about me doesn't portray you as one ( 3rd best). So shove that back into your throat cos you're clearly not what you claim.

Learn to stick your nose where it fits and stop displaying a local attitude. You both are local!

The snide remarks you refer to was stated in English language. I didn't do as you claim in my dialect.
Why must you resort to insult?
Being local isn't a crime for me then so be it International Woman.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
Esthered:

Oh God, sis. angry

You needn't have explained to that frustrated bigot. You should have given her a serious silent treatment. Mentioning her would be you bringing yourself down to her level. You shouldn't have bothered your beautiful self, honestly.

She has a track record on this forum of churning bitter comments and spewing trash. If you followed her previous monikers, you'll agree with me.

2 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
Mercychen:

Shut it, you ugly duckling. You type just as you look. No iota of sense. You claim you are a teacher but lack the brain to know that CS is not a function of who the strongest is. Now, tell me, who qualified you to teach kids? I can only pity those poor kids you teach. No sense of morals or value to imbibe in them. You had better grow up. It's not our fault you are frustrated. Old woman with no brain.

2 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Esthered: 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Oh God, sis. angry

You needn't have explained to that frustrated bigot. You should have given her a serious silent treatment. Mentioning her would be you bringing yourself down to her level. You shouldn't have bothered your beautiful self, honestly.

She has a track record on this forum of churning bitter comments and spewing trash. If you followed her previous monikers, you'll agree with me.
Wawu. Thanks for letting me know. God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Shut it, you ugly duckling. You type just as you look. No iota of sense. You claim you are a teacher but lack the brain to know that CS is not a function of who the strongest is. Now, tell me, who qualified you to teach kids? I can only pity those poor kids you teach. No sense of morals or value to imbibe in them. You had better grow up. It's not our fault you are frustrated. Old woman with no brain.

Go and learn how to use your paragraphs properly before you talk to me. Not this jumbled up trash you put up there, you nairaland tout!
Until then, crawl back into your cave.

Madam muscular face.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Zaynkad: 4:19pm On Feb 22, 2022
Let her doctor decide that please. It's not for you to decide. Whatever is the best for the baby when it is her due time will be known by the doctor.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by wax123(m): 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2022
Why you wait for the doctor to decide, if she is using pregnancy care...pls do well to stop and just use routine drugs...engage her in exercises like climbing stairs, brisk walks etc daily...let her eat more of fruits and blood given food...God will see u guys through...same was almost my case but they came out naturally

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by NTAChannel5: 7:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
1Sharon:

Nah that's BS. The healing process for CS is much longer
Ok, thanks. My female colleague even said the same thing today.

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by NTAChannel5: 7:49pm On Feb 23, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Welcome to the Daddy twins club in advance, my wife birth our twins through C.S too. Just make sure you are using a very good hospital, i would recommend Maternal and Child Center in your Local Govt of Residence if you reside in Lagos. She will deliver safely and soundly by the special Grace of God...
Thanks a bunch, brother.

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by NTAChannel5: 8:04pm On Feb 23, 2022
Esthered:

Madam, CS isn't for lazy people, my friend was 7CM for over 12 hours and the water broke very early. She had to go under the knife to save herself and the baby and the baby's head suffered for it.
I was lucky to have dilated successfully and baby crowning of which my mum told me if they say CS go for it without delay.
No one will award you for being a super woman, if it happens baba go give the pikin step mother.
@uyaiincomparabl, ku boro ayen. Anie mkpo si fana mma do.
Please what do you mean by the "baby's head suffered for it"?
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Esthered: 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2022
NTAChannel5:

A lady of the baby's head was swollen but she was assured by the nurses that it'll go down in due time.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by NTAChannel5: 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2022
Esthered:

A lady of the baby's head was swollen but she was assured by the nurses that it'll go down in due time.
Ok, I thought the baby's head was somehow cut during the CS lol!

This is the first time ever so you can understand why I'm worried. Thanks.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Esthered: 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
NTAChannel5:

Ok, I thought the baby's head was somehow cut during the CS lol!

This is the first time ever so you can understand why I'm worried. Thanks.
Ahhhhh! No it wasn't o.
She'll be fine. Just follow the doctor's instructions diligently.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:46am On Feb 24, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

What's with you and that mercy girl? and why are you always attacking her? if you don't like her comments, you can skip it to the next one, stop being silly.

Btw, I thought you have changed since you are about to get married, guess I'm wrong.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:26am On Feb 24, 2022
NTAChannel5:

He's a private doc, one that would never answer a simple question over the phone. You'll need to come to the hospital, fill a form and lay your complaint. Two times my wife had diarrhea and we had to come to the hospital and do a blood test. And on those two occasions he recommended ORS. I've asked him and all he keeps saying is 'When we see', meaning I have to come and see him face-to-face again.

I'm not saying C -Section babies are not normal o. I'm just worried about safety of all concerned. You will agree with me that women of nowadays are not as strong as our mothers, they want everything easy. I want it easy too, I love my wife more than I love myself.

As for the twins, I didn't expect it either. I didn't want her to do a scan but after seeing the size of her stomach I had to. And trust me, even though I'm glad to be a 'Papa Ejima' I'm equally worried about the cost. grin Already, the hospital has told us to buy another round of the very things we bought before for one baby.
there's nothing wrong with what that doctor is doing, he's very smart.
1. He is not obligated to answer your questions on the telephone.
2. It's risky, what you say over the phone won't paint a full picture, so it is better to come to the hospital with your wife carrying a high risk pregnancy.
3. Any questions you may have, please ask the at the antenatal appointment.

@bolded is a very ignorant comment. A lot more women died during delivery in your mother's and grandmother's time than today. don't be deceived.

CS is done to save as many lives as possible(mother and baby), not proving a useless point and competing with imaginary Hebrew women who do more CS than our women today. Warn yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:31am On Feb 24, 2022
Ikillbrokehoes:
What's with you and that mercy girl? and why are you always attacking her? if you don't like her comments, you can skip it to the next one, stop being silly.

Btw, I thought you have changed since you are about to get married, guess I'm wrong.

Should getting married rob me of my senses and stop me from saying the truth where/when necessary, tell me?

Who's the silly one between both of us now, crypto billionaira? lipsrsealed
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:36am On Feb 24, 2022
NTAChannel5:

the delay of not being born due to the mother not dilating as normal, caused trauma to the head. Any more, and the child would have died

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:52am On Feb 24, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Should getting married rob me of my senses and stop me from saying the truth where/when necessary, tell me?

Yes you should learn to behave yourself, the person you are even picking fight with doesn't have your time, just learn to be civil and stop using curse words and also stop gambling, it's unladylike..
If you were my fiancée I will give you a stern warning and if you don't stop, I will collect my ring back, that's what a responsible man would do.

Who's the silly one between both of us now, crypto billionaira?
lipsrsealed

I've never for once claimed of being a billionaire, yes I'm comfortable and rich but I'm not a billionaire yet.

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:53am On Feb 24, 2022
NTAChannel5:
Hi, guys.

Usually for twins,a lot of things come to play. Every pregnancy is different.

What usually decides for doctors assuming every other factor is relatively normal, is the presentation (position) of the leading twin (Taiye) on ultrasound scan on the last scan. If Taiye head is first, then normal labor will be tried. But, if Taiye is breech (buttocks or feet first), it's a CS straight up. This is to prevent the rare complication called locked twin syndrome which could kill especially Taiye or both.

If there are other complications like a narrower birth canal a CS is more likely. It's a case by case thing.

But one thing I will advise, is hope that doctor has experience with dealing with twin births. (I have a lot of gist when it comes to twin delivery)

This is why for any high risk pregnancy, an experienced specialist called and Obstetrician and gynaecologist is necessary. I wish you safe delivery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:04am On Feb 24, 2022
Ikillbrokehoes:

[font=georgia][i]Yes you should learn to behave yourself, the person you are even picking fight with doesn't have your time, just learn to be civil and stop using curse words and also stop gambling, it's unladylike.
If you were my fiancée I will give you a stern warning and if you don't stop, I will collect my ring back, that's what a responsible man would do.

I don't have time to trade silly words with you.

Lol @ collect your ring back. Like it's a favour? Also, what's your business if I play bet? Don't be slow, please. grin

Nawa o. Men that won't mind their business. grin
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:28am On Feb 24, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I don't have time to trade silly words with you.

Lol @ collect your ring back. Like it's a favour? Also, what's your business if I play bet? Don't be slow, please. grin

Nawa o. Men that won't mind their business. grin
Its not about minding ones business, if I see something bad i will tell you, btw I will need to talk to your fiancé, he needs to talk sense into you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun Replaces Striking Doctors At Isolation Centre With Volunteers / Vwaere Daiso: Installer Of Faulty Elevator Handed Over To Police – LASG / How Do I Improve My Thin Physique?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.