Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? (16299 Views)

Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital / Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Mrkumareze(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
kiss look for a good old doctor, he ll examine your wife and give you the best answer.. the new greedy doctors we have now ll always recommend CS so they make more money.. the same way they recommended my wife for CS, we ran to our family doctor, he scolded us badly and demand we go home to come back when labour becomes obvious.. Las Las my woman delivered safely naturally ....

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Bidnta101: 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
Listen to your doctor

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by BigManPeter(m): 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
Her Doctors, not Nairalanders, know the best thing to do.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by TheGift: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
seunny4lif:
C-Section
Most people I know in Europe here, did C-Section

Are you saying we should do C-Section because Europeans do C-Section or are you just making us aware of your location?
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by saintruky(m): 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:

He's a private doc, one that would never answer a simple question over the phone. You'll need to come to the hospital, fill a form and lay your complaint. Two times my wife had diarrhea and we had to come to the hospital and do a blood test. And on those two occasions he recommended ORS. I've asked him and all he keeps saying is 'When we see', meaning I have to come and see him face-to-face again.

I'm not saying C -Section babies are not normal o. I'm just worried about safety of all concerned. You will agree with me that women of nowadays are not as strong as our mothers, they want everything easy. I want it easy too, I love my wife more than I love myself.

As for the twins, I didn't expect it either. I didn't want her to do a scan but after seeing the size of her stomach I had to. And trust me, even though I'm glad to be a 'Papa Ejima' I'm equally worried about the cost. grin Already, the hospital has told us to buy another round of the very things we bought before for one baby.

I wonder wetin people dey find go private clinic .. where e be say na only one doctor go attend to all ailments... Government (central ) hospital is d best if u ask me... Cos u get different docs there handling different cases... It's more safe there than private...

To born twins via CS for private nor be beans o n be rest assured say d yeye doc go want ur wife to do CS cos na there d cashcow dey... Like one babe advised, make sure ur pocket swell o... To avoid husband abandoned wife n beautiful kids at private hospital due to discharge bill..

Just my opinion though...
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Solofresh2: 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:
Hi, guys.

Please I need professional advice on which to go for. All praises to God, my wife is heavily pregnant with twins. From the last scan the babies are weighing 2.7kg and 2.4kg respectively. That's quite big for babies that are 7 months. And the expected period of delivery is between April ending and early May. Which means they may still grow bigger with time.

So I'm sincerely concerned about the safety of my wife and the babies, especially my wife coz her belly is so big that people are wondering why she hasn't put to bed yet. Although, she's very healthy and seems less bothered. But I'm not finding it easy here. I want to know if Cesarian Section is a better option for delivering the babies or should we have the natural one instead.

Please, doctors, health professionals and experienced mothers in the house, let me learn from you. Thanks
From my own experience I think natural birth is safer if your wife don't have complications
But if there are complications you can go for the C-section
If the baby is coming with the head I think natural birth is better or so

All the same,safe delivery
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by talk2riel: 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
Go and check if the hospital your wife is using has a functional incubator, oxygen tanks, ambulance.
If not begin make alternate arrangements.
Na from experience I dey tell you o.

Congratulations in advance baba ejima

3 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by meobizy(f): 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
One of the reasons a health section is unneeded in this forum. Person know say hospital dey yet he go carry life or death problem come here make JSS 2 boys give am advice. Anything you see, take.

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by seunny4lif(m): 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
TheGift:

Are you saying we should do C-Section because Europeans do C-Section or are you just making us aware of your location?
Just because I put the word here, don’t mean I lived in Europe.

I’m saying C-Section is normal in Europe or any advance countries but the way Nigerians scream it made it look like it’s bad.
You see Nigerians running to churches just because they were told, they need C-section

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2022
Mrkumareze:
kiss look for a good old doctor, he ll examine your wife and give you the best answer.. the new greedy doctors we have now ll always recommend CS so they make more money.. the same way they recommended my wife for CS, we ran to our family doctor, he scolded us badly and demand we go home to come back when labour becomes obvious.. Las Las my woman delivered safely naturally ....
And you think GREEDY people don't grow old too.
And you think Thieves don't get Old.
And you think Prostitutes don't get old.
And you think incompetent people don't get old.
You are not entirely correct.
He should just apply wisdom.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by RealisticGirl(f): 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2022
My children are 7months now and I had a normal delivery because my doctor said there is no reason for C-section. One of them is 2.8kg while the other is 2.4kg, so if your wife's doctor said there is no need for that, I don't think you should be worried about they even though it's not an easy one. Don't worry every thing will definitely end in praise, as long as she's fine and the babies are too and she's doing her little exercise, she's good to go.

3 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by AgentGoat: 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2022
Leave this matter to her doctor.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by pocohantas(f): 2:32pm On Feb 21, 2022
Tallesty1:
Twins sha dey like person wey no like them.

This i know.

FP ARTICLE IN THE FUTURE.

A nairalander gives birth to triplets.

Checks thread and its Pocohantas.

This i have seen.

Hmmmm. No wish me this kind thing again. Na small thing dey make me get sleepless nights.

cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by rosey11: 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2022
CS is usually recommended for twins or big babies. Go with what the doctor advises.
As long as the doc is experienced, it will be ok.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by DavSagacity(m): 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
Talk to your doctor. I mean her Gynaecologist. The Doctor will be in the best position to offer professional advice.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by prophetfire: 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:
Hi, guys.

Please I need professional advice on which to go for. All praises to God, my wife is heavily pregnant with twins. From the last scan the babies are weighing 2.7kg and 2.4kg respectively. That's quite big for babies that are 7 months. And the expected period of delivery is between April ending and early May. Which means they may still grow bigger with time.

So I'm sincerely concerned about the safety of my wife and the babies, especially my wife coz her belly is so big that people are wondering why she hasn't put to bed yet. Although, she's very healthy and seems less bothered. But I'm not finding it easy here. I want to know if Cesarian Section is a better option for delivering the babies or should we have the natural one instead.

Please, doctors, health professionals and experienced mothers in the house, let me learn from you. Thanks
. Na wa 4 you guy man. It's your doctor's advise that would determine, not nairaland opinion.

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by achillesfoot(m): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
Good morning, Firstly I'd say natural birth, however this happens mostly with Nigerian Yoruba women whose babies engage in some sort of battle to determine the first one out.. This usually results in breech positions that puzzles MPs.. Your answer would be paying close attention especially when the water breaks and the level starts dropping, any signs of internal entanglement pls operate immediately.. Thank you and good morning..

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by celestine2015: 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
You're seeking professional advice from nairaland. My friend, your doctor should be the one to advise you on that...
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by bendavid4real: 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
Just relax and be prayerfull when it's labor time you ll know wic one to go for, buh I ll prefer Normal labor not CS. Sha take her to a very very good hospital not govt hospital ooooo
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by ezugegere(m): 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:

He's a private doc, one that would never answer a simple question over the phone. You'll need to come to the hospital, fill a form and lay your complaint. Two times my wife had diarrhea and we had to come to the hospital and do a blood test. And on those two occasions he recommended ORS. I've asked him and all he keeps saying is 'When we see', meaning I have to come and see him face-to-face again.

I'm not saying C -Section babies are not normal o. I'm just worried about safety of all concerned. You will agree with me that women of nowadays are not as strong as our mothers, they want everything easy. I want it easy too, I love my wife more than I love myself.

As for the twins, I didn't expect it either. I didn't want her to do a scan but after seeing the size of her stomach I had to. And trust me, even though I'm glad to be a 'Papa Ejima' I'm equally worried about the cost. grin Already, the hospital has told us to buy another round of the very things we bought before for one baby.

Why are you patronizing such hospital? Was it recommended to you by God? Is there no government hospital around your location?
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Jessicuche504: 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
Good afternoon sir and fellow naira Landers, due to the fact that the babies are big in size and her pelvis may be too narrow to push via vaginal birth,I advise she should go ahead with cesarean section. Thank you.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by TheGift: 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
seunny4lif:

Just because I put the word here, don’t mean I lived in Europe.

I’m saying C-Section is normal in Europe or any advance countries but the way Nigerians scream it made it look like it’s bad.
You see Nigerians running to churches just because they were told, they need C-section

Ok. Thanks for the response.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by seunny4lif(m): 3:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
TheGift:

Ok. Thanks for the response.
No problem
Bro
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by thorpido(m): 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Your gynecologist should be in the best position to advise.Do the necessary scans to see the babies are in good positions just before labour.
A vaginal birth should be your first option.A C/S is only required if there are complications.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by pek(m): 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:

And trust me, even though I'm glad to be a 'Papa Ejima' I'm equally worried about the cost. grin Already, the hospital has told us to buy another round of the very things we bought before for one baby.
I was wondering why you should be worried how your children will be born. I felt it had to do with money. That bolded just confirmed my fears. Don't joke with your wife/children's health. Your doctor and midwife determine how the delivery will go. Best of luck.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Deicide: 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
Tallesty1:
Twins sha dey like person wey no like them.

This i know.

FP ARTICLE IN THE FUTURE.

A nairalander gives birth to triplets.

Checks thread and its Pocohantas.

This i have seen.
National Association of Nairaland (NAN) approves this.

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Innobee99(m): 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:

Is the stress too much to save ur wife and the babies? Just asking
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by graciousify(f): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2022
Some comments here indicates that some people don't have sense at all

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by mfm04622: 3:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:
Hi, guys.

Why are you bringing this to the social media? This should be discussed with your doctors.
Please be getting ready for CS. I mean getting money ready.
This is one of the reasons why every Nigerian should have a health insurance.

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Pulses: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2022
It's likely this is her first baby.

Most obstetrician will not want a woman with no previous experience of normal delivery, now presenting with twin to have a vaginal delivery.

There's a lot the doctor puts into consideration, before he allows even a woman with previous normal deliveries try vaginal delivery with twin pregnancy.

Just accompany your wife to hospital next time, have some conversation with the doctor on why he chose Caesarean over Vaginal delivery for your wife.
It's going to be a lengthy conversation and no doctor will do that over the phone.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by 1Sharon(f): 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:

What do you mean by this?

I hope you're not implying a C-section is easier than a vaginal delivery?

A vaginal delivery heals in some days to weeks, but a C-section heals in over a month!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JOHESU Summons Emergency Meeting Over Court Order - Guardian / Ogun Replaces Striking Doctors At Isolation Centre With Volunteers / Vwaere Daiso: Installer Of Faulty Elevator Handed Over To Police – LASG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.