Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,556 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

My Plan To Relocate To Uk - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Plan To Relocate To Uk (53735 Views)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Franklinshaddy(m): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
[Sometimes when I read some post here I will just wonder why some people even go to school do you have something that you are going to be doing in UK that you have assurance for already better plan your self before making a regrettable move ohhquote author=IyaOmo1 post=110415649]Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Oblion(m): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
No vex boss... But what type of business are you into.. That is paying this much, I'm interested
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by GistFullGround: 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2022

Just go first; "who no know, no fit understand"

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by iamkberg: 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
Please and please I need your assistant to introduced the business fetching you 1.5m profit monthly to me please this is my Whatsapp number

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by BarrElChapo(m): 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
@ justwise please come and help a mate out

IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Obyino: 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
Boss please put us through nah
What kind of business are you doing i go like start am

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by lexy2014: 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

You have the sense to make 1.5m naira in a month but u don't have the sense to know what will happen to your properties and businesses when or if you leave for the UK? Am I missing something here?

24 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ariesbull: 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Sir, if you are not going to UK for IT related or medical studies, stay put in Nigeria. You may not save equivalent of 500k naira at the end of every month. If you want to leave because of quality of life and standard of living alone, then you should relocate.

Get your family and friends in UK to tell you the truth what they are doing for living in UK, you will be wowed when you realize how things dey truly be for the other side. Forget all those things people post for grams. I don talk too much sef lipsrsealed

People that will give you honest opinion may be reluctant to comment because of kiddos that are abound here.

Allow him to go, he go experience UK na Kent him go stay...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Ltherman(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Taiwo20:
Get a professional organisation or consultant that can run the business on your behalf.

It's always good to have a second residence abroad if possible.

Can you explain more in this.

Thanks
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by na2016: 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Guy, leave Naija. While you may not make 1.5 million Naira in the UK after bills, your kids, family and even your health will be better off in the future. No matter what health issue you have, as long as NHS covers it, you will be treated free. Just one bad policy by the Nigerian govt can cripple your business. Get someone in your immediate family that you trust to handle the business and be visiting to check up on the business. You could also consider Canada since in 3 years, you can become a citizen there.

12 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Ylink4sure: 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
Trust me,you will not enjoy same standard of living. With N1.5M monthly in Nigeria you can afford to live in a nice estate,you can afford a yearly vacation abroad with your family,you can afford a driver and domestic staffs etc You will certainly not enjoy all these even with decades of living in the west.

IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by mmsen: 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
I wonder what goes on in the heads of some of you people.

You make a good living in your home country so you want to leave what you have and take up third class status in another man's home? undecided

This is like selling your house so that you can move into your junior brother's boy's quarters.

Are you well OP?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Gokoyer1401: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
Traveling abroad syndrome dey do this our brother grin. grin
ariesbull:

Allow him to go, he go experience UK na Kent him go stay...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Sanjemiga: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
Doesn't make sense to make such amount of money and still relocate. You can further your studies but to now stay over there , Its not going to be easy and you will have a lot of regrets. On the good side if you pull through, you'd secure your children's future which can also still be secured with the kind of money you make here in Nigeria and the fact that there are prospects of your business expanding. For example. Give birth to them abroad. And if you are buoyant enough and have family or friends over there , they can attend schools there and you send monthly upkeep to their guardians. So many rich people who have good jobs here and cannot leave are training their kids abroad from secondary school ( high school to University) there are two major reasons why people run. If they are not doing well financially and secondly for their kids. Third is security but it's usually not as important as the two. You have scaled one which is you are financially OK and who knows if your business expands you could make double that amount in a month. Your kids can be okay too if you plan............not everything is japa. Weigh your options very well.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by iswallker(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
Wait let me ask I ifa what will happen to your properties in naija

undecided

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by IbrahimSkiba(f): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

Dey Go, make we hear word

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Evidenx(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

N1.5m and you wan run go UK ...if I earn 500k monthly I go no where.. if I must travel it will be for leisure.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by therajah: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ibk2020:
@op
#1.5m per month is alot of money in Nigeria, truth is you can't earn more or equivalent in uk except or probably 5 years of your stay in u.k.
Meaning you have to spend more than 5 years in u.k before you can be earning upto #2m per month excluding bills.
Japa is for a better living and that of your kids.
Now for your business in naija, I advice you have a plan to be coming to naija once in 3 months to monitor and audit .

Edited.
Using myself as a case study, I started earning 500k ($2000) per month in 2016.
In 2021 I was earning 600k ($1200).
In 2022, am currently planning to japa before the end of this year.

@op, think twice!
That's not true!! My friend is earning 4000 after a year in uk. Legit

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by bethyz(m): 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
With that money I am going no where. Maybe I am not a fan of the abroad. There money seem huge when they send to us here but earning it and spending it there you will work your ass off.

For me if I earn that amount here I will go there visit and come back.

People over there prefare to invest in Nigeria. This is where the money is.

Taxes and all. Naaaa not me

I prefare my life here with money that over there.

10 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Blackblessed500(m): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

abeg show us way i beg u

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Guk: 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
ednut1:
There is no guarantee you will get job after graduation. If your occupation is not in shortage list in uk you are likely to get frustrated. Alot of Nigerians rushing to school in uk will learn soon.

As a post graduate degree student, you are officially allowed 20 hours a week to work & average of 10pounds per hour gives you 800pounds a month....roughly N600k a month. As said above here, you can earn more if you are on the skills shortage list.

You will be amazed that 800 pounds a month in U.K. gives you as much comfort as N1.5m in Nigeria.

The decision should be based on your future's road map though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by EgunMogaji2: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Follow your dreams. Personally I think it’ll be foolish if you abandon what you’re doing in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Ibk2020: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
therajah:

That's not true!! My friend is earning 4000 after a year in uk. Legit
Ok accepted, you self go there and let see if you can earn same amount

3 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Artbydris(m): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

Ma'am, you can double down on your business in Nigeria and push for more financial freedom. I wouldn't imagine leaving Nigeria for any country if conditions were good. Things can only get better.

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Asour: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
ednut1:
There is no guarantee you will get job after graduation. If your occupation is not in shortage list in uk you are likely to get frustrated. Alot of Nigerians rushing to school in uk will learn soon. But hey nigeria is hell already

True. But most people aren't looking for guarantees, there seeking places with better probabilities & higher outcomes (if those probabilities materialize).
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Artbydris(m): 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ibk2020:

Ok accepted, you self go there and let see if you can earn same amount

The friend didn't mention living expenses lol. Most of those who form big men in Nigeria have an ordinary lifestyle in the UK.

3 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Tonyclems(m): 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
It's actually possible to maintain ur biz in naija and still travel to UK. it depends on the persons helping you to manage the business. Cos I believe good n sincere people still exist though rare

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Okwyjesus(m): 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

What are you going to UK to do.
And am sure you don't faithfully pay tax here.

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Bahamas95(m): 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
I don't know if others have noticed what's happening in our darling Nairaland.com these days. I have noticed people now create threads to showoff..........Just watch out, tomorrow you will see another similar topic of a nairalander asking us to help him choose between buying a private jet or a yatch.

17 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by yomex316: 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
1)Continue your Nigerian business no matter your decision, your business will be worth 3-5times in 5 years. Unlikely you'll earn that much here after tax and bills.

2)If you need an abroad flavour, save some money and bring your family to the UK on holiday once or twice in a year if you can afford it and spend 2-4weeks with family or friends. Don't waste your money on hotels. After your visits you can do a reality check again to decide if you wan come . Don't just enter UK because everybody is , and the door never closes , you can always enter UK as long as you get your money.

3)Opt for an Online Masters program in the UK in which you can attend face to face once or twice before your face to face graduation in UK ,that way you get your UK Pali. Google schools that offer such program.

4) UK will never guarantee you a higher salary in the long term , the higher you earn ,the higher you get taxed until you become a boss /medical consultant/IT guru. So in 5 years your salary won't be spectacularly high.

5)if you want an abroad feeling in Nigeria, relocate to a better city or safer estate .and keep growing your business.

If I were in your shoes ,I'll do the above and in 4-5years I'll have more than enough money saved to visit any country I wish and relocate anywhere I want. Don't lose it all yet in hopes of a miracle

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? / Why US Is Mulling Visa Ban On Nigeria, By Diplomatic Sources / Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.