Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,585 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

My Plan To Relocate To Uk - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Plan To Relocate To Uk (53736 Views)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
Errm
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by michaelchukwueb(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
My sister Biko japa,go and get peace of mind...

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by KUNZEH(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
Stay naija abeg...no need to enter UK
Why una like to dey disturb una sef?

3 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by pappilo(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
N1.5m every month is almost £1.9K. To earn that here after tax and NI you'd need to earn about £29,000 a year which is well above the £25,000 avg annual salary

Lets assume you get a job that pays that much in London these will be your basic average monthly outgoings

Room: £600 (includes broadband, council tax, tv licence)
Travel: £260 (z1-6)
Phone: £20
Food: £240
Misc: £100

Thats a total of £1,220. You save £650 to £700 every month.

If you dont have children, there will never be better time to make the move cause once children are involved na double wahala. If you have a proper plan go for it but if na just dreams and dem say, continue making your money in Nigeria for now until things settle down

(22 years exprience in the game)

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Gokoyer1401: 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
Sir, if you are not going to UK for IT related or medical studies, stay put in Nigeria. You may not save equivalent of 500k naira at the end of every month. If you want to leave because of quality of life and standard of living alone, then you should relocate.

Get your family and friends in UK to tell you the truth what they are doing for living in UK, you will be wowed when you realize how things truly be for the other side. Forget all those things people post for grams. I don talk too much sef lipsrsealed

People that will give you honest opinion may be reluctant to comment because of kiddos that are abound here.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by rahman25: 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you

abeg stay and work on increasing your profit. Please you fit teach me? If i am making that kind of money as you rightly said per month, i don't need to japa at all bros.

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by SeppSmart360(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
From a holistic point of view, the long-term benefits of moving to the UK outweighs whatever it is you think you're getting in Nigeria. If not for anything, the value of the UK currency and the better life for your kids.

As for your investments, if you can't find a capable, trustworthy person that can help you manage your businesses here in Nigeria while you move, then divest them and travel out.
My 2 cents.

8 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Le2money(m): 4:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by awa(m): 4:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
@OP,

Why don't you send your family to the UK and be visiting them there? From your regular visits to the UK, you will be able to know if full relocation is what you need at the moment or not. The 1.5m monthly income is the bird at hand and it should worth millions in the bush...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Taiwo20(m): 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
Get a professional organisation or consultant that can run the business on your behalf.

It's always good to have a second residence abroad if possible.

IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ParrotGirls360(f): 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
Shey the same UK that storm is ravaging? Use your brain o.

3 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Jerchance: 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
1.5m total in revenue or profit?. If it's the latter, I think it's your UK you are already searching for. There's no guarantee you will get a job that pays as much as 1.5m, basically. But then, if you trust anyone to run the business for you; have him or her trained, then hire an internal auditor that you can trust. You might just be lucky they will pan out.

Also, becareful in handling it over to a family member.

5 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by NzeEj: 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
Do well to relocate ur family while u visit naija occasionally to monitor ur business. pls plan not to sell ur asset and properties, cos land and houses are now the new oil for most Nigerian investors home and abroad.

5 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Jerchance: 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
1.5m total in revenue or profit?. If it's the latter, I think it's your UK you are already searching for. There's no guarantee you will get a job that pays as much as 1.5m, basically. But then, if you trust anyone to run the business for you; have him or her trained, then hire an internal auditor that you can trust. You might just be lucky they will pan out.

Also, becareful in handing it over to a family member.

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by wonderiyke(m): 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
Note that even if you secure a job that pays you much more than what your businesses earn for you here in Nigeria, you "mandatory" expenses in UK will rise very high to swallow up your pay. That is something to think about. A set of businesses earning for you is far better than a high salary when it's time to pay taxes. You could think of relocating your family there for schooling if you can afford it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Newboss(m): 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
smatt1711:
I don't know why people will leave an environment they know very well to move to a place they know nothing about...... It will take you minimum of 5 years in UK to be on profit level, now add that 5 years to your business, you should be on CEO level.... Why moving to a country that is not yours and can never be yours.... 5 years from now you should be talking about sending your kids to UK to get whatever exposure they will need in this world

You can still travel to UK, stay for like 4 weeks , make your research, see things for yourself.... No be person go tell you to run back home and continue with what you are doing.... You want to know the truth? You are doing well.

5 years from now, what will be the exchange rate? Bandits never reach your side in 5 years? You want to send your children abroad, abi? You want to go on vacation abroad, abi?

Very soon, na only for pirated movies people in Nigeria go dey see abroad.

Continue cheating yourself. You better move and give yourself and your offspring a chance.

Be speaking English while the walls keep closing in on you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Ltherman(m): 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
Please i second this question as i have same plans as well alonngside my businesses.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by mamaafrik(m): 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
You want to sell an oilwell with good oil and go for an unknown exploits of another,if you are married send kids and wife instead if you are not send the only sibling you trust so that when You want to start sending your kids they can land in safe hands,your going outside is for betterment and that you already have here many go and still come back and invest in naija,go only if you want to seek business opportunities or network but for studies NO.
In fact talk to people who have gone within your social circle and here them explain this better.
Where are the Nigerians outside to shed more light on this

5 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Donpenny(m): 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
1.5m monthly is alot of money as a young man but still not contented even with the prospect of expansion in your biz, your freedom as a boss of your own. You want to go and start all over as an employee in a white man coy and forfit ur freedom, face racism and storm Franklin. What abt you saving up here, get a tourist or visitors visa to UK thereby utilising the opportunity to expand your biz to uk and earn forex and spend in naira

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ariesbull: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

This is green grass syndrome... Who no go no go know....

A bird in hand is worth a billion in bush

. What you have is what many folks in USA and UK is praying to have in Nigeria

Trust me life no easy there.....

Who no go no go know

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ceejayluv(m): 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
I'd suggest Canada or Australia.... You'll settle in faster.
Also, the course you're going for should be in demand right out. Preferably but not limited to health and Digital Tech.

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Gubioma: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

Dan Borno....
U better relocate fast before ur children regret why my father born me in Nigeria. Pls sir my advice don't forget to send ur kids to football academy.
Nigeria is not a place to live Sir.if little opportunity comes just run and follow.cuz even u ar getting 50m per month Nigeria is not a place to live Sir.
Nagode

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
Better remain where you are..... you rather be travelling out for holidays, and return to your business.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ariesbull: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
Donpenny:
1.5m monthly is alot of money as a young man but still not contented even with the prospect of expansion in your biz, your freedom as a boss of your own. You want to go and start all over as an employee in a white man coy and forfit ur freedom, face racism and storm Franklin. What abt you saving up here, get a tourist or visitors visa to UK thereby utilising the opportunity to expand your biz to uk and earn forex and spend in naira
leave am... Him think say UK or USA easy...

Allow am make he travel... He go know how far....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ariesbull: 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Better remain where you are..... you rather be travelling out for holidays, and return to your business.
exactly

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Brian47(m): 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
Stay here jhor

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by lancee(m): 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
You can go and experience if you will like it or not ..Most of us felt same way few years ago but now we don taya we won't allow naija rest Most friends dey come home and wan start biz and be there to monitor it ..Good to go and experience it ..That 1.5m not bad

I Wish you best of luck bro `

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by lexy2014: 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK?

Only Davido & Chioma can answer this question

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by JoyousFurnitire(m): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
Flier:
Don’t lie you are a yahoo guy jo

Like people can't make that figure without fraud??
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by nextstep(m): 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
If you leave,

1. Your business is finished. Let's not sugarcoat it.
2. Your properties. Finished. "Trusted person"? Hah.
3. Do you have a professional skill that will get you a good job?
4. If no, well, na security, cleaner, or cook job. Be prepared.
5. Your children will lose their "Nigerianness", and become British. be prepared.
6. In ten years, your mates who remain here will visit UK at their leisure... you will travel to Naija 1 every 2-3 years, if at all.

Somebody suggested sending the family abroad while you remain here... a possibility, but it will strain your family to no end. Your wife will have zero support from friends and family to raise kids, unlike here were there are smaller sisters or cousins that can help out - while in turn you provide them a place to stay and financial support.

You and your family will pay a price for that safety and opportunity you're looking for, but only you can decide if it's worth it at the end.

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? / Why US Is Mulling Visa Ban On Nigeria, By Diplomatic Sources / Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.