Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

My Plan To Relocate To Uk - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Plan To Relocate To Uk (53784 Views)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by TClassique: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you

It's a courageous move you're taking bro. I would advise that you look at it from the long term perspective. You understand the nature of business in Nigeria. 2023 election fit na make one monster go emerge wey go jeopardize everything again. Even if not election, anything can happen in this relatively unsafe environment. Why not take the pains and pay the bills to move yourself and your family to a better location.
Many of those advising you not to do so here are people who don't have the opportunity that you have. If they had it, they would by now have given birth to UK citizens. Some are simply jealous and some are irrational. I apologize if it sounds insulting though. Just a statement of facts.
If you take the time to learn the ropes with regards to UK travel, I am quite certain that you will be happy with yourself at the end of the day.
It's a 21st century world now. You can install CCTV cameras all around your business location and this will facilitate 24 hour monitoring from any corner in the world. The moment your staff know that you can turn in on them at any time, they will be careful. Then, if finally you decide to leave, learn to wield the big stick when necessary. Once you get any staff misbehaving, get them packing. That way, others will help you embark on a free advertisement of yourself as a no nonsense person and this will put all of the workers on their toes.
This thing will work out if you put your heart to it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by GerogeI(m): 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2022
OP,
I schoolled in UK.
Question is N1.5m or £2100 your net income or gross before tax and deductions.

If you are looking to earn that as net in UK, you need a job paying at least £3045 per month or N36540 per annum in UK as tax averages 40-45%

Truth is only entry level medical doctors can earn that at startup. Oil and gas Engineers too when the industry was thriving. Bottom line is you have to be an in high demand professional to earn that as an immigrant. Also UK Local Blue collar workers in building construction like plumbing, electticians, etc can earn more than that running a small business, but they have steep barriers to entry.

Truth, it is not realistic you will earn that on graduation in UK even as an IT professional.

My Advice.
A successful business in Nigeria is better than any job in UK, cause you have income security, and free to pursue you own ideas. Starting a non retailing business in UK is not easy, there are barriers to entry.

So hold onto your Nigerian business, you can go for your study only with adequate plans to keep running your business. If your intention is to relocate your family to a saner place, you can move them after the study, and keep running your business. Your wife can study after you, and look for any job to argument and qualify you guys for residency. (Thats roughly about 6years of study BTW you 2, if you are not doing the 1year programs) Whatever you do, keep your business alive. Money is money no matter were you make it. Making money in developed countries is not easy, cause the cost of living is high. What you enjoy is fine living.

11 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by yetty247(f): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
Go nao

God is about to pick someone call... That person should keep praying OOO cos if this one didn't go now n decline u dey so
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Kingkyle1(m): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
therajah:

That's not true!! My friend is earning 4000 after a year in uk. Legit

What's he into please?
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Augustenite(m): 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you

Bro, I will advice you, in case you re married, send your wife and children over there, and you should stay here and work harder to make more money, you can be visiting your family over there once in 3 months. Abroad no be the same way nna dey think am.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by marsup: 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2022
Keep your business, go to the UK and see how it goes. 2500 pounds is already more 1.5m. even odd jobs will pay you more than that in a month. Lots of Africans in the UK, don't like to work legitimately, they love quick money.

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by TBolaitan(m): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
My brother , because I will advice you as a brother traveling out if the country is not the main solution

Your business has the tendency to expand here in Nigeria is not easy bro but you build it from scratch once again I want to congratulate you

A wise adage says is what you do for your country that matters not what the country will do for you . Even if you travel out of the country did you know what they are facing over there because that is not where you come from think twice on how to expand your business then you can sebd your children all over the world

I want you to investment that is part of expanding your business think of investing in real estate you will thank me later

Every rich men you know invest in real estate because it is the only investment that really appreciate and guarantee you high returns on investment

Lagos state is regarded as the top places to investment when he comes to real estate because of the population and commercialize properties around

To change your financial status by investing in real estate and get massive returns on investment chat me or call me so I will put you through

Call: 09025462416
WhatsApp: 08127588833
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
Flier:
i don’t think you will have time to think of relocating abroad if Your business is making that figure in this Nigeria of today where 60% of the profit goes to diesel and so on,it must be huge with many workers, or importation business.Either of the 2.He even said Monthly
So the poster is probably decieving himself
And I am sure he has his own house and so on.
How on heart is he going to make 1.5 per month in Uk after paying all the dues especially if he has his family living with him

OP aside, do you know people work for companies abroad while they're in their apartment here in 9ja making dollars? Like big money?

You don't know about remote work?

Or you don't know some job actually require less capital and expense?

Pathetic you could think that way
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Evergreen4(m): 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

Bro, I can help you handle your business honestly. Trust me
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by faste: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ibk2020:
@op
#1.5m per month is alot of money in Nigeria, truth is you can't earn more or equivalent in uk except or probably 5 years of your stay in u.k.
Meaning you have to spend more than 5 years in u.k before you can be earning upto #2m per month excluding bills.
Japa is for a better living and that of your kids.
Now for your business in naija, I advice you have a plan to be coming to naija once in 3 months to monitor and audit .

Edited.
Using myself as a case study, I started earning 500k ($2000) per month in 2016.
In 2021 I was earning 600k ($1200).
In 2022, am currently planning to japa before the end of this year.

@op, think twice!
Point of correction,$2000 equal N 1m.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Lawmak: 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
So u want to go over to UK to start washing plates whereas u left your place of Lordship. With 1.5 a month why not save up and buy a truck in 10months. Within 5 years flif you do well in a trucking business it will pay you better than staying in UK no matter the number of years.
There are people cahing it out in this country but you will not know. They won't tell you cos if it's me I wont tell you.
It will be hard to see a good business in Nigeria and u will be making mouth out of it like online bloggers. Few are cashing out in this country just think.
With 1.5 u will move mountains here in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by porthouse7(f): 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

if truly u make such amount monthly and u want want go and slave in UK u must be a fool...

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by earleswood(f): 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
Your N1.5m equates to about £2700 per month. As an immigrant without UK educational accreditation & work experience you are best remaining in Nigeria.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Temi2468: 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
Where una dey see this Money?

Well, 1.5 is a lot of money even in Nigeria. Stay put, and work on increasing that profit.

I be wan ask them o.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by AkhereOkaka(m): 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
Where una dey see this Money?

Well, 1.5 is a lot of money even in Nigeria. Stay put, and work on increasing that profit.

That's it, making 1.5million monthly in UK �� after deductions, I mean bills that is rare.

If monetary consideration is your sole reason of going there(working after your master program) I will advise you stay put in Nigeria ��.

We rise by lifting others
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Freeko4: 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2022
Oga I humbly request that you pass me the torch while you gently relocate to UK.
Thanks
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Tonytonex(m): 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ollygold:
Are you coming with your family
did you say coming?
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Ibk2020: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
faste:
Point of correction,$2000 equal N 1m.
Read it again, especially the year

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by AkhereOkaka(m): 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
earleswood:
Your N1.5m equates to about £2700 per month. As an immigrant without UK educational accreditation & work experience you are best remaining in Nigeria.

You've said all, an immigrant without UK accreditation can't earn upto 2700 pounds a month, and you will have to pay bills from the said amount.
If actually you earn 1.5m in Nigeria monthly you don't have any business moving to the UK

We rise by lifting others
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Fadafada231(m): 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
Maj196:
You are literally earning Senator, Minister salary and you still won go UK do menial job. Suffer no dey taya U?

You mean senator and minister salary is 1.5m even with all this baba riggar they used to wear na meagre 1.5m? shocked
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by swedbase(m): 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
Efficient5:
Abeg which work u dey do o
Very good question. I have some money like 12m but don't know a lucrative business to venture into. I'm making plans to coming to Nigeria this summer. Let him tell us what he is doing that is fetching him that cash every month
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Fadafada231(m): 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2022
DFPS:
All the advice above is enough for op to make decision.

Let us wait for op to reply some of the question ask

Oga are u really a ritualist or into any fraudulent business, what business are u doing that give u 1.5m monthly

Guy this question is unnecessary what's 1.5m that someone can't make in a month? Guy let me tell u ppl that make such amount and more sitting down in comfort of their rooms are many, it doesn't necessarily have to do with Yahoo or ritual. Online pays
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by richme21(m): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2022
First of all, may I ask the nature of your business?
As for relocation,...Is good if you relocate your family that is if you are married and have children because this country promise no future. Since I don't know the terrain of your biz, can't talk on it for now
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Timijo(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
Here is my kindly advice. Why are people trying to leave the country? Is it not for better living which they cannot afford because of poor earnings/income? You are already a made business man in Nigeria which means you are living above the average Nigerians. If you are making 1.5M per month with prospect of making more money as the business expands, why do you want to leave Nigeria? The better life you are looking for is right with you brother. When you have money, you will live your life to the fullest capacity. Stay in Nigeria to grow and expand your business and you can always visit any country of your choice in future. You are already your own boss, creating jobs for the people you employed. Earlier today I was getting fed up with working for people. Stay with your business and expand. If you have gotten your 1st degree and you want to do your masters, that can be done later if it is all that important to you. And if you are still an undergraduate, complete your studies in Nigeria. Everything will be well. I am just happy that you are an employer of labour and not an employee.
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by HRprof: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
eluquenson:
That's a bloody lie, i am currently in UK and life is well here.

You earn what you do, people in UK will surely understand my statements better.

No amenities in Nigeria, but here you get everything you pay for.

Anyone that feels leaving Nigeria is the best for him should do now.

I am here as a student and i know what i have earned within a short period. Shortage or no shortage, there are different means of getting cash.

Note: follow who KNOW ROAD

Are you sure you are in UK
How much bills do you pay monthly? Let do the mathematics.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Noveltybliss: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2022
swedbase:

Very good question. I have some money like 12m but don't know a lucrative business to venture into. I'm making plans to coming to Nigeria this summer. Let him tell us what he is doing that is fetching him that cash every month
Looking for a business manager/disruptive strategist than can manage your investments I am available, but what skill do you to market in the U.K., are you highly skilled, or sort after vocation, or you are going for further studies if not concentrate on your business please!
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Ogaonos: 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year in with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

D BEST THING TO DO IS INVEST IN UK INSTEAD.RESEARCH WHICH BIZ TO INVEST IN OVER THERE IN UK
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by rabiudon: 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja.
Otunba Lamba
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by nedekid: 9:19pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ibk2020:
@op
#1.5m per month is alot of money in Nigeria, truth is you can't earn more or equivalent in uk except or probably 5 years of your stay in u.k.
Meaning you have to spend more than 5 years in u.k before you can be earning upto #2m per month excluding bills.
Now for your business in naija, I advice you have a plan to be coming to naija once in 3 months to monitor and audit .

Edited.

@op, think twice!

"Using myself as a case study, I started earning 500k ($2000) per month in 2016.
In 2022, am currently planning to japa before the end of this year."
No be juju be that?
My older bro had a steady allowance from a family business years ago. That 120k was giving $960 which I will change and send to him. Immediate buhari entered na so the money come de lean. When that money could not produce $300 again he abandoned it.

Buhari economics na abracadabra.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Rexymania(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2022
What kind of Job are you into that makes you earn such amount a month, Sir.

Sir please I need your help. Please bless my Hussle: I'm into graphics...I just need a laptop to start up with. I'm an orphan. Please Sir. I need your assistance
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ACE1010: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2022
Are you okay
UK of all places?? You don't know what you want lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by TrillionBrains(m): 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2022
That last edited paragraph, thought I read that calculation wrong but then DEVALUATION!!!

Ibk2020:
@op

Edited.

@op, think twice!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed / Having A Brother As An American Citizen! What Are My Benefits? / Meet Jasmine Harrison, The Youngest Female To Row Solo Across Atlantic Ocean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.