Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,158 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

My Plan To Relocate To Uk - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Plan To Relocate To Uk (53722 Views)

This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Jmichael1(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2022
penceman:
Nigerians fall into either one of these two classes :crass ignoramous or total stupidity.

dis one nah total stupidity or his village people wn use he destiny play kpakpagolo....

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Blackdisciple(m): 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
Omoh..!!!

1.5m monthly here in Nigeria , I dey craze make I commot go one mumu country , I go be boss for my ends for naija na , no time

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by TheCrusader14: 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2022
Explain further, please.

ednut1:
There is no guarantee you will get job after graduation. If your occupation is not in shortage list in uk you are likely to get frustrated. Alot of Nigerians rushing to school in uk will learn soon. But hey nigeria is hell already
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by babavik: 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2022
pappilo:
N1.5m every month is almost £1.9K. To earn that here after tax and NI you'd need to earn about £29,000 a year which is well above the £25,000 avg annual salary

Lets assume you get a job that pays that much in London these will be your basic average monthly outgoings

Room: £600 (includes broadband, council tax, tv licence)
Travel: £260 (z1-6)
Phone: £20
Food: £240
Misc: £100

Thats a total of £1,220. You save £650 to £700 every month.

If you dont have children, there will never be better time to make the move cause once children are involved na double wahala. If you have a proper plan go for it but if na just dreams and dem say, continue making your money in Nigeria for now until things settle down

(22 years exprience in the game)
Respect Man!! Nice breakdown
I'm learning truck driving now. I hope to come over anytime soon.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by OmegaAutos: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
ifytrik:
First of all if it's true you have a business that is fetching such amount of money on a weekly basis then relocating to the UK or any other country shouldn't be an option right now, you should be thinking of expanding your business and not traveling outside, if aliko dangote and femi otedola are based in Nigeria then I see no reason you should be thinking of relocating outside when your business is booming and fetching you good money,keep expanding your business and watch yourself become a billionaire in few years, that is if you none yahoo boy ogrin

Aliko and otedola's biz thrive on govt favours and you can't use that as a yardstick. one on one on biz level you will be shocked that u can do better than otedola if u you are both on the same level playing ground. If anyone wants to Japa, let them Japa. the uncertainty in this Naija biz clime can make someone go insane attimes.

3 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by softguy1: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you

please give me a business idea I can make just 500k month please i am very serious about this .. I will appreciate u forever... my Dm is open thanks

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by golddust6000(m): 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
Sheuns:
If what you want is to leave Nigeria, then I really cannot say you shouldn’t, you know what’s best for yourself and family. 1.5M is a good deal of money here. In the UK that’s about 1923£, not much for UK standard. You can make that in the UK as a student, I have a couple of friends that do, but they said it ain’t easy working and studying and also paying bills.

If your business is one that can be operated remotely, from anywhere, you can take the risk, or if it’s possible to move your business there, better. All in, whatever decision you make, think back and forth.
Good luck on your endeavors.
you say what? How much is minimum wage in UK? 10pounds per hour, and you said 1900pound is nothing in uk? It’s very hard to see someone that made such money in UK
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Tinyemeka(m): 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
damosky12:

3rd week of January. And in two/three weeks, he had gotten a work permit, a job, and had earned £2000 (outside tax)? Lol. Don't believe him.

Which tax?
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by lagdmark(m): 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am in urgent need of your advice on a decision I am about to make that could shape my life and my young family in about few months from now.

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

What assurance do I have about earning more and having a better life in UK? What happens to my businesses I already built up in Naija? What happens to my properties here in naija?

Your advice will be of great help at this critical decision making moment of my life. Thank you
Mr. Comedian come collect my son's UK passport and relocate to UK, and hand him your business of #1, 5m every month

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by LILTJAY: 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
Black people always running away from their countries. ..
Mumu black people

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Okibaba22: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

it will be better if you stay here jeje. Because I have a friend that just came back from UK.. he said nothing is there.

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Newboss(m): 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
damosky12:

Its not always sane in these countries as you lots assume. I think we need to correct this assumption. It's utopian. Not everywhere in USA and UK, for instance, is sane. Hooliganism, racism, and some form of barbarism. I'm privileged to have seen these things.

If you have stable income in Nigeria and a business with the potential to expand, stay... Your chances of thriving in your business in Nigeria is much more than what your marginal earnings there with two or three hard jobs. If you make enough from your business in Nigeria, you can afford to send your children there and travel there as many times in the year as you like.

Our people are littered all over UK and US suffering. It all owes to this deceitful picture we have of these places.

We're not talking about sanity of the places in the country. It's about the sanity of the system. Every country has a system.

Put air-conditioning inside hell, it will still be hell. It's about the system

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by babavik: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
ariesbull:

Allow him to go, he go experience UK na Kent him go stay...
Lol please is Kent a bad place?
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by funshint(m): 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
You're earning steady N1.5m in naija and you still want to Japa? You'll surely regret it. If I'm earning that much in naija I can only go abroad just for visitation or holiday or any other thing, not to permanently japa into uncertain cold. Think twice bro!
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Tunagee(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
yomex316:
1)Continue your Nigerian business no matter your decision, your business will be worth 3-5times in 5 years. Unlikely you'll earn that much here after tax and bills.

2)If you need an abroad flavour, save some money and bring your family to the UK on holiday once or twice in a year if you can afford it and spend 2-4weeks with family or friends. Don't waste your money on hotels. After your visits you can do a reality check again to decide if you wan come . Don't just enter UK because everybody is , and the door never closes , you can always enter UK as long as you get your money.

3)Opt for an Online Masters program in the UK in which you can attend face to face once or twice before your face to face graduation in UK ,that way you get your UK Pali. Google schools that offer such program.

4) UK will never guarantee you a higher salary in the long term , the higher you earn ,the higher you get taxed until you become a boss /medical consultant/IT guru. So in 5 years your salary won't be spectacularly high.

5)if you want an abroad feeling in Nigeria, relocate to a better city or safer estate .and keep growing your business.

If I were in your shoes ,I'll do the above and in 4-5years I'll have more than enough money saved to visit any country I wish and relocate anywhere I want. Don't lose it all yet in hopes of a miracle

I love this school of thought to bits.

2 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by ModelLook(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2022
1.5M Naira monthly is alot of money in Nigeria.

The question is, can you comfortably live with the equivalent in the UK.

This is not N1.5M Pounds o

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by damosky12(m): 5:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
Newboss:

We're not talking about sanity of the places in the country. It's about the sanity of the system. Every country has a system.

Put air-conditioning inside hell, it will still be hell. It's about the system

My brother. Their system is NOT perfect too. The security and justice system in the USA isn't without its faults. You know how much racial injustice is suppressed by the press?

Nothing is wrong in the desire to relocate. But this picture of some incorruptible "system" somewhere is only in movies o Baba...

6 Likes

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Bishop(m): 5:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

Except for the fact that you and your children will enjoy great benefits having dual citizenship.. Nigeria will not guarantee that you will enjoy this steady income for long, if what i have said are less important to you, then there would be no need to seek greener pasture.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Taiwo20(m): 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
Ltherman:

Can you explain more in this.

Thanks

There are registered companies that do help people manage their business.

Just like firms that run Uber/bolt business on owner's behalf and pay a stipulated amount monthly.

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Sukkyy2010: 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
sanmtiago:
You can travel abroad bro.
But my question is how you take they make 1.5m in a month for this Nigeria so

If I can be making roughly 300k monthly from my little doing...I believe 1.5m is feasible for someone with a bit while existing business.

If I expand my business in two fold there's feasible chance I'll earn close to what this op claim his earning.

So don't doubt what has never been your experience bcoz you can only see within your circle unless you change your quadrant.

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Ajeeb: 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

Good idea
You can do that in Nigeria sir

God help you

If you need a worker oooooo
I'm in need of a Job
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Newboss(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
damosky12:

My brother. Their system is NOT perfect too. The security and justice system in the USA isn't without its faults. You know how surprised racial injustice is suppressed by the press?

Nothing is wrong in the desire to relocate. But this picture of some incorruptible "system" somewhere is only in movies o Baba...

We're all mad o. All of us. But not all of us are completely insane.

Nigeria is completely insane. That's the point.

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by chiboycue: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am currently running successful businesses which give me a steady minimum of N1.5M
per month with a potential for expansion. I have been nursing the idea of going to UK on a study Visa by September this year with the hope that I can get a well paying job that could surpass my current earnings here in naijja. I also intend to keep my naija business running but we all know trusting people with kind of investment can be tricky and risky.

Guy, you are a running a successful business (you an employer of labour) in 9ja that gives you a minimum of 1.5m naira (in hard times like this) per month and you want to leave such lucrative business in search of study leave and you also want someone to employ you and pay you more than a minimum of 1.5m naira per month. Na wa oh !!!

Guy, abeg, forget about travelling abroad and continue running your business. Don't allow anybody to run your business for you. Groom your wife and children to run your business in the future for the purpose of continuity.

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by treatise: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

Good life is beyond income!

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by TheCrusader14: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
I want to believe a postgraduate student should not earn a minimum of gbp15/hour.

Guk:

As a post graduate degree student, you are officially allowed 20 hours a week to work & average of 10pounds per hour gives you 800pounds a month....roughly N600k a month. As said above here, you can earn more if you are on the skills shortage list.

You will be amazed that 800 pounds a month in U.K. gives you as much comfort as N1.5m in Nigeria.

The decision should be based on your future's road map though

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Bobcygan: 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
You are a greedy individual, you can't be making that much and you are still interested in UK of all country. What do you think you will find there pls tell me. You better sit your goofy ass down and plan your life around the business.
What I expect from you is that you should be discussing going on vacation with your family as the business grows.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Barryseal: 6:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
Hold on a second, So you own a business that makes 1.5M a month and you want to leave it to go study in the UK after which you hope to get a job where you will earn about equivalent of your current earnings in Nigeria after 4yrs of study?
Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by Machidon: 6:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

Sir, abeg connect to this type of opportunity.... Abeg.
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by frog12: 6:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
Greedy maggot. If u make this much, why do you want to travel ?
Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by fabson21(m): 6:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Honestly. Speaking my advice for you is to first do a Visit visa to the UK observe and study where you intend staying then you don't need any one advice on the decision you want to make for me since you have a business that is giving up to 1.5m per month I will advice you to expand on your business to get more income most big men you see today in Nigeria they source of income is here in nigeria and besides you are not sure of a better job couple with alot of factor's

1 Like

Re: My Plan To Relocate To Uk by showafrica(m): 6:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
IyaOmo1:
Dear Great Nairalanders

I am more interested in the business you re doing here. Fuckkk UK, you can always get dual citizenship for your kids and incase bandits run riot by 2023 you take off.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Indian Driver Allows His Monkey To Drive The Bus On A Busy Road / Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? / Why US Is Mulling Visa Ban On Nigeria, By Diplomatic Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.